TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle: "Some of the attributes needed to win at Wycombe have been missing at Carlisle in years gone by" https://t.co/c
1hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 1966 | 18,678 at Deepdale saw Shrewsbury beat Carlisle 4-3 in a second FA Cup Third Round Replay https://…
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Full interview with former-Blue Tony Hopper in this weekend's match day programme #cufc https://t.co/lkqnOPAmbq
19hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: The @EFL have released details of next season's fixture schedule: https://t.co/jW21lVYncb https://t.co/sOnQtyTAvt
22hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @playmaker_EN: 🔄 Most comeback wins in League 2 (16/17): 5: 💪CARLISLE 4: Portsmouth 3: Morecambe, Cambridge, Stevenage, Luton, Doncaste…
22hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Ticket information for the trip to @Only1Argyle: https://t.co/393Kx3K6Si
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: The ticket office and reception telephones are now both working again - thank you for your patience this morning #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Carlisle have their promotion mojo back - and Jamie Proctor is one of the main reasons. Report from Wycombe: https://t.co/Pd
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle, sent to the stand at Wycombe, says his only crimes were "banter" and "verbals" with the home bench: https://t.c…
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle: Carlisle fans have "no excuse" not to turn up in their numbers for massive Portsmouth game: https://t.co/ku2zcw
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: We have a very special guest for the @officialpompey game on Saturday. Please come along and say hello: https://t.co/xcYV
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Thank you for your patience and our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Unfortunately we are affected by a local telephone issue which is preventing incoming & outgoing calls. We will update as…
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 1993 | Carlisle United were 6-0 down by half-time at Bury in a Fourth Division fixture at Gigg Lane https…
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Landlord/pub advice needed

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 12:58 #1

• bruntonpete
  • bruntonpete's Avatar Topic Author
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
Bit of an odd thread title I know but I couldn't think of what else to put.
Anyway, all I need to know is, is there a way I could send a message or email around to a lot of pubs around the town - like a mail shot - without having to hunt out loads of addresses? Maybe a question for cufcmatt if he is still about.
Is there a body I could email who could forward an email on to everyone ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 13:07 #2

• Mikercufc
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy

bruntonpete wrote: Bit of an odd thread title I know but I couldn't think of what else to put.
Anyway, all I need to know is, is there a way I could send a message or email around to a lot of pubs around the town - like a mail shot - without having to hunt out loads of addresses? Maybe a question for cufcmatt if he is still about.
Is there a body I could email who could forward an email on to everyone ?

Generally you will have to find the contact details. Can be harder than you think as the chain pubs will have a centralised email address on their website rather than one specific pub. Best bet is to ask a couple of bars to give you details of others if they can. I would say perhaps contact the pub watch scheme but they may be reluctant to give you contact details.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 13:25 #3

• mattcufc
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
Am still about it generally just view nowadays

I have access to majority of pub emails in Carlisle there is also a Schemelink messenger via the pubwatch that had about 80% of pubs on.
I couldn't pass out these details but could forward information on if needed and dependent on what it was.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 13:41 #4

• thesilentone
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
  • my account was hacked
I wouldn't send out a mass email from your own email address, unless you are experienced in e-commerce.

It will be detected by the recipients spam filter and rejected.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 13:46 #5

• mattcufc
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
There is already a group email set up via the pubwatch which we can use. Would also be dependent on what the content of email was before I sent it.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 15:26 #6

• thesilentone
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
  • my account was hacked
It's interesting, we email several different Countries with press releases, and technical information. We can monitor the opening rate, where the UK is far and away the lowest at less than 30%.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 15:43 #7

• Mikercufc
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy

thesilentone wrote: It's interesting, we email several different Countries with press releases, and technical information. We can monitor the opening rate, where the UK is far and away the lowest at less than 30%.

Main issue with spam filters is to make sure you give the recipient an unsubscribe button and various other things. Then once you get that right it still gets rejected by some companies because of server security checks. Im guessing for this post though were talking 10s, not 1000s lol

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 17:48 #8

• bruntonpete
  • bruntonpete's Avatar Topic Author
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
Cheers matt.
What it is, I'm hoping to try and organise an inter-pub walking football tournament across the city for the older regulars of each pub.
The idea being that it will be good fun, good competition and a good chance to enjoy a good social with old mates.
I would compile the fixtures once I know which venue were keen to put a team or teams in and send out the rules and timings etc.
At the end there could be a social somewhere and a bit of a presentation night if there is enough interest.
What do you think matt? Maybe a chance to do something to build links across the city through the pubs and I'm sure it would be a good laugh too.
Maybe cufc will help us stage the final games with the help of the football in the community. Just an idea but could be good fun. It is just getting the word about that might be hard.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 19:41 #9

• melbourneblues
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
We could put a team in, assuming it's 5 a side I'll go with

CCU.
MOOSE NORTHERSOUL

MULLEN FRANKSIDEBOTTOM
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, CCU, bruntonpete, moose

Super blues never lose.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 20:21 #10

• CCU

melbourneblues wrote: We could put a team in, assuming it's 5 a side I'll go with

CCU.
MOOSE NORTHERSOUL

MULLEN FRANKSIDEBOTTOM

Good of you to drop to the bench pal...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 20:35 #11

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
Do you think its wise to pick THESOUL without IBO?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mouldy

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 22:38 #12

• mattcufc
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player

bruntonpete wrote: Cheers matt.
What it is, I'm hoping to try and organise an inter-pub walking football tournament across the city for the older regulars of each pub.
The idea being that it will be good fun, good competition and a good chance to enjoy a good social with old mates.
I would compile the fixtures once I know which venue were keen to put a team or teams in and send out the rules and timings etc.
At the end there could be a social somewhere and a bit of a presentation night if there is enough interest.
What do you think matt? Maybe a chance to do something to build links across the city through the pubs and I'm sure it would be a good laugh too.
Maybe cufc will help us stage the final games with the help of the football in the community. Just an idea but could be good fun. It is just getting the word about that might be hard.

Reminds me of that episode of Father Ted "Escape From Victory"
Seriously though in theory it sounds a good idea not sure how it would work in practice.
Firstly depending on the age you are aiming at most the old boys who frequent the pubs do so because that is their social life so unless you were looking at 8am kick offs you may struggle to get them on the pitch sober.
Secondly from experience with the pubwatch scheme it is hard to get contact/replies from a number of pubs.
Also if the customers are out playing football then they aren't in the pub spending money.

All that said I would certainly be willing to take it to the next meeting & it could be something the police would be keen on getting involved with.

Last Edit: by mattcufc.

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 09:15 #13

• chesterviabothel
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad

mattcufc wrote:

bruntonpete wrote: Cheers matt.

Reminds me of that episode of Father Ted "Escape From Victory"
Seriously though in theory it sounds a good idea not sure how it would work in practice.
Firstly depending on the age you are aiming at most the old boys who frequent the pubs do so because that is their social life so unless you were looking at 8am kick offs you may struggle to get them on the pitch sober.
Secondly from experience with the pubwatch scheme it is hard to get contact/replies from a number of pubs.
Also if the customers are out playing football then they aren't in the pub spending money.

All that said I would certainly be willing to take it to the next meeting & it could be something the police would be keen on getting involved with.

Doesn't sound like the kind of footy that would draw a crowd big enough to require a Police presence Matt... :whistle:

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 09:23 #14

• melbourneblues
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
It would do if the SOUL was playing cvb.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Super blues never lose.

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 09:55 #15

• chesterviabothel
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad

melbourneblues wrote: It would do if the SOUL was playing cvb.

True, very true.

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 10:49 #16

• moose
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy

melbourneblues wrote: We could put a team in, assuming it's 5 a side I'll go with

CCU.
MOOSE NORTHERSOUL

MULLEN FRANKSIDEBOTTOM

Its a six a side competition and we only have 5, and melbournblues still cant make the bench.

Looks like its a continuation of your earlier career now you are in your fifties mate ;)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Mortonblue

Last Edit: by moose.

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 16:06 #17

• mattcufc
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player

melbourneblues wrote: It would do if the SOUL was playing cvb.

Exactly and I would expect there would be a handy mob to support him.

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 16:34 #18

• franksidebottom
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer

CCU.
MOOSE NORTHERSOUL

MULLEN FRANKSIDEBOTTOM

Don't like playing on the left :(

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 20:26 #19

• moose
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
I'd be more worried having Barry behind me :unsure:
The following user(s) Liked this post:: howoldboy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds
Go to top