TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Carlisle Utd to join EFL clubs tomorrow in discussions over possible transfer window change https://t.co/31bneLWbFS
2hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle's three years in charge at Carlisle United - a statistical review https://t.co/5pljXn0wif #cufc https://t.co/S07
2hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Nigel Clibbens, John Nixon and Jim Mitchell confirmed as the Q&A guests this Friday night from 6.00pm https:…
6hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Full-match commentary on Crewe v Carlisle United this Saturday from 2.00pm on FM & Freeview https://t.co/2BX
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Lee Dykes on the @ShrimpsOfficial game yesterday and Clint Hill: https://t.co/CeypkR4Ev9 https://t.co/IAKlhMhs50
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: A gallery of images from the Central League Cup game against @ShrimpsOfficial: https://t.co/nhkwOsdaVS https://t.co/r6Zkn
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Full-match commentary on Crewe v Carlisle United this Saturday from 2.00pm on FM & Freeview 721 https://t.co
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Watch the goals from Clint Hill and @SamirNabi96 from today's game against Morecambe on our YouTube channel here: https:/…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: A summary from today's Central League Cup action against @ShrimpsOfficial: https://t.co/DrRaXC5WNW https://t.co/Dasmuk45S8
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Clint Hill scores for Carlisle Utd's reserves against Morecambe | News & Star https://t.co/m57tSVrmba #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Defender Clint Hill scored United's first goal in the 2-0 Central League Cup win over Morecambe https://t.co
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: That's full time, goals from Hill and Nabi enough to seal a 2-0 win #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 2-0 to us now after Nabi fired home from just inside the box #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: United lead 1-0 at half time thanks to a goal from Clint Hill #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: .. Kennedy and Devitt also involved #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Clint Hill is involved in today's Central League Cup game against Morecambe - other first team players including T Miller…
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Today marks three years since Keith Curle took charge - here's a breakdown of his tenure in numbers https://…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Danny Grainger @Dannyg31986 on the 1-1 draw with Barnet on Saturday: https://t.co/mrTDtgi030 https://t.co/Hvgvj3Tr7A
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: "Hopefully it will give us some confidence for the next game," says Shaun Miller, after Saturday's wonder goal https://t.co/
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Questions for the board can be phoned-in to the show from 6.00pm this Friday night on 0345 3051122 https://t…

normal Team v Morecambe

  • Urban Designer
  • Urban Designer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
08 Jan 2017 21:51 - 08 Jan 2017 22:04 #1 by Urban Designer
Urban Designer created the topic: Team v Morecambe
This one is a must win

GK) Gillespie
LB) Mcqueen
CB) Ellis
CB) Gillesphey
RB) T Miller
RM) Kennedy
CM) Joyce
CM) Devitt
LM) Adams
FW) Wyke
FW) S. Miller

Edited now

Is Raynes injured?
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2017 22:04 by Urban Designer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2017 21:53 #2 by Kangshung
Kangshung replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

Urban Designer wrote: This one is a must win

GK) Gillespie
LB) Mcqueen
CB) Ellis
CB) Gillesphey
RB) T Miller
RM) Kennedy
CM) Joyce
CM) Devitt
FW) Wyke
FW) S. Miller

Is Raynes injured?


Are we only allowed 10 players?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
08 Jan 2017 21:55 - 08 Jan 2017 21:56 #3 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

Kangshung wrote:

Urban Designer wrote: This one is a must win

GK) Gillespie
LB) Mcqueen
CB) Ellis
CB) Gillesphey
RB) T Miller
RM) Kennedy
CM) Joyce
CM) Devitt
FW) Wyke
FW) S. Miller

Is Raynes injured?


Are we only allowed 10 players?


Adams is that good he doesnt even need to be mentioned.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2017 21:56 by Dancingbear.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Kangshung

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2017 21:59 #4 by 182blue
182blue replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Gillespie
Raynes
Joyce
Adams
Devitt
Lambe
Ibhere
Wyke
S Miller
Kennedy
Asamoah

They don't like it up 'em.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: pie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • carlisleunited
  • carlisleunited's Avatar
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
08 Jan 2017 22:02 #5 by carlisleunited
carlisleunited replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

182blue wrote: Gillespie
Raynes
Joyce
Adams
Devitt
Lambe
Ibhere
Wyke
S Miller
Kennedy
Asamoah

They don't like it up 'em.


Healy for Joyce and Liddle for Raynes. No need for any defender's or defensive midfielders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2017 22:07 - 08 Jan 2017 22:09 #6 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Gillespie
Miller Raynes Ellis Gillesphey
Kennedy Joyce Liddle Adams
Miller Wyke

If Asamoah starts i won't be going, I'd maybe be tempted to put Devitt in against his former club
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2017 22:09 by TheLazyLewisGuy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • carlisleunited
  • carlisleunited's Avatar
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
08 Jan 2017 22:12 #7 by carlisleunited
carlisleunited replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: Gillespie
Miller Raynes Ellis Gillesphey
Kennedy Joyce Liddle Adams
Miller Wyke

If Asamoah starts i won't be going, I'd maybe be tempted to put Devitt in against his formler club


So why haven't you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2017 22:16 #8 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

carlisleunited wrote:

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: Gillespie
Miller Raynes Ellis Gillesphey
Kennedy Joyce Liddle Adams
Miller Wyke

If Asamoah starts i won't be going, I'd maybe be tempted to put Devitt in against his formler club


So why haven't you?


I would be tempted to play 12 but i can't.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: carlisleunited

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2017 22:17 #9 by STH
STH replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Crocombe
McQueen Raynes Atkinson Brough
Lambe Liddle Penn Wright
Healy Miller

Subs: The loan lad from Boro and Asamoah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2017 22:26 #10 by munchymagic
munchymagic replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

STH wrote: Crocombe
McQueen Raynes Atkinson Brough
Lambe Liddle Penn Wright
Healy Miller

Subs: The loan lad from Boro and Asamoah


You heard that Gillespie is off to Preston rumour too :)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mouldy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • franksidebottom
  • franksidebottom's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
08 Jan 2017 22:47 #11 by franksidebottom
franksidebottom replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: Gillespie
Miller Raynes Ellis Gillesphey
Kennedy Joyce Liddle Adams
Miller Wyke

If Asamoah starts i won't be going, I'd maybe be tempted to put Devitt in against his former club


Gillesphey at LB. Have you not been to any of the last half dozen games?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
09 Jan 2017 00:30 #12 by crunchblue
crunchblue replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
The edit button is going to be getting a fair bit of use in this thread if these Liddle rumours turns out to be bull shit.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ReturnedExile, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 13:09 - 09 Jan 2017 13:13 #13 by pie
pie replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Gillespie

McQueen Raynes Gillesphey Wright

Joyce

Kennedy Devitt Adams

Wyke Brisley
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2017 13:13 by pie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
09 Jan 2017 13:49 #14 by seesaw50
seesaw50 replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

pie wrote: Gillespie

McQueen Raynes Gillesphey Wright

Joyce

Kennedy Devitt Adams

Wyke Brisley


Wyke

Lambe jabo Gillesphey McQueen

Adams Joyce Penn McKee

T.Miller S.Miller


Subs Wright Asamoah Devitt Raynes Kennedy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 14:15 - 09 Jan 2017 15:09 #15 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

seesaw50 wrote:

pie wrote: Gillespie

McQueen Raynes Gillesphey Wright

Joyce

Kennedy Devitt Adams

Wyke Brisley


Wyke

Lambe jabo Gillesphey McQueen

Adams Joyce Penn McKee

T.Miller S.Miller


Subs Wright Asamoah Devitt Raynes Kennedy


Theres people with some bloody strange ideas on here theres only really one position that needs sorting thats Joneses then we can go back to how we were if you want to drop Brisley then its Ellis or Gillesphry and if its going to be the later then get it done and get somebody in now at full back either from within or get someone signed asap.

Myself i have a list of 8 and if anybody wanted to take any of them i.d let them go as none of them have been anywhere near the roaring sucsess that it was hoped theyd be and if getting rid of some of them meant Keithy got a second chance to get it right this time then lets do it

Devit
Miller
Lambe
Atkinson
Penn
McKee
Assamoah
Brough

and obviously McQueen and Wright who were clearly only signed to make up the numbers over the holiday period surely there must be some idiots we could offload some of them to and if we need numbers i.d get the lads from the youths whove been travelling recently in to make the numbers up and put what youd save on those two to pay somone like Liddle.

But what weve got to stop doing is counting on Jones and Grainger being back anytime soon when clearly thats not going to happen i,d rather just see it as a bonus if either of them played again this season.

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2017 15:09 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • sussexrob
  • sussexrob's Avatar
  • Away
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
09 Jan 2017 14:59 #16 by sussexrob
sussexrob replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Would definitely keep Mckee myself, think there's a decent player there when he's fit and given the opportunity.
Agree with rest on the list...hardly set the world on fire??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 15:43 #17 by pie
pie replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Tend to agree but (speculation alert because i've no inside knowledge!) i'd be surprised if Devitt and Miller are on top wages, they weren't at Morecambe and doubt they'll have needed much persuading to come up here. On the other hand, i'd guess Jabo is probably on a good wedge and escapes so much criticism at times - his finishing is average at best.

If wages are the issue, i'd rather ship Jabo and keep the two from morecambe, think there's some real potential in them somewhere.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Jumpforfun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 15:54 #18 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

pie wrote: Tend to agree but (speculation alert because i've no inside knowledge!) i'd be surprised if Devitt and Miller are on top wages, they weren't at Morecambe and doubt they'll have needed much persuading to come up here. On the other hand, i'd guess Jabo is probably on a good wedge and escapes so much criticism at times - his finishing is average at best.

If wages are the issue, i'd rather ship Jabo and keep the two from morecambe, think there's some real potential in them somewhere.


Jabo will be gone in the summer anyway and i doubt he.ll want to be rushed into a deal somewhere at this point and if you got rid youd only have to repace him or are you proposing playing one of the Morecambe duo up there ?

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Jumpforfun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 16:03 #19 by pie
pie replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Miller wouldn't mind playing there

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
09 Jan 2017 16:05 #20 by seesaw50
seesaw50 replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

pie wrote: Tend to agree but (speculation alert because i've no inside knowledge!) i'd be surprised if Devitt and Miller are on top wages, they weren't at Morecambe and doubt they'll have needed much persuading to come up here. On the other hand, i'd guess Jabo is probably on a good wedge and escapes so much criticism at times - his finishing is average at best.

If wages are the issue, i'd rather ship Jabo and keep the two from morecambe, think there's some real potential in them somewhere.


Jabo will be gone in the summer anyway and i doubt he.ll want to be rushed into a deal somewhere at this point and if you got rid youd only have to repace him or are you proposing playing one of the Morecambe duo up there ?


One half of the Morecambe dduo already play there, when its his turn... : :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 16:23 #21 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

seesaw50 wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

pie wrote: Tend to agree but (speculation alert because i've no inside knowledge!) i'd be surprised if Devitt and Miller are on top wages, they weren't at Morecambe and doubt they'll have needed much persuading to come up here. On the other hand, i'd guess Jabo is probably on a good wedge and escapes so much criticism at times - his finishing is average at best.

If wages are the issue, i'd rather ship Jabo and keep the two from morecambe, think there's some real potential in them somewhere.


Jabo will be gone in the summer anyway and i doubt he.ll want to be rushed into a deal somewhere at this point and if you got rid youd only have to repace him or are you proposing playing one of the Morecambe duo up there ?


One half of the Morecambe dduo already play there, when its his turn... : :whistle:


But say Jabo was gone Wyke was injured/suspended would you be happy with either of them as as the main/lone striker ? Coz i certainly wouldnt and the fact that neither off them has managed to make a position his own says it all for me and as a Morcambe fan said to me in the summer " neither of them is as good as they each think they are. "

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
09 Jan 2017 16:28 - 09 Jan 2017 16:29 #22 by seesaw50
seesaw50 replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

seesaw50 wrote:

pie wrote: Gillespie

McQueen Raynes Gillesphey Wright

Joyce

Kennedy Devitt Adams

Wyke Brisley


Wyke

Lambe jabo Gillesphey McQueen

Adams Joyce Penn McKee

T.Miller S.Miller


Subs Wright Asamoah Devitt Raynes Kennedy


Theres people with some bloody strange ideas on here theres only really one position that needs sorting thats Joneses then we can go back to how we were if you want to drop Brisley then its Ellis or Gillesphry and if its going to be the later then get it done and get somebody in now at full back either from within or get someone signed asap.

Myself i have a list of 8 and if anybody wanted to take any of them i.d let them go as none of them have been anywhere near the roaring sucsess that it was hoped theyd be and if getting rid of some of them meant Keithy got a second chance to get it right this time then lets do it

Devit
Miller
Lambe
Atkinson
Penn
McKee
Assamoah
Brough

and obviously McQueen and Wright who were clearly only signed to make up the numbers over the holiday period surely there must be some idiots we could offload some of them to and if we need numbers i.d get the lads from the youths whove been travelling recently in to make the numbers up and put what youd save on those two to pay somone like Liddle.

But what weve got to stop doing is counting on Jones and Grainger being back anytime soon when clearly thats not going to happen i,d rather just see it as a bonus if either of them played again this season.


How do you get through life NS without a sense of humour...must be some existence!!

Agree about Jones ...and usually we are awash with midfielders !!
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2017 16:29 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 16:34 #23 by pie
pie replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
No doubt it would leave us short of cover but by the same token if we released many of the 8 on your list we'd be equally short - issue of having a thin squad and no coin to spend!

Clearly it's not an acceptable permanent solution but Miller looked lively on his own up front at Doncaster.

Won't be many young footballers who don't think they are God's gift, especially when you're in a town like Morecambe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 21:26 #24 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

pie wrote: No doubt it would leave us short of cover but by the same token if we released many of the 8 on your list we'd be equally short - issue of having a thin squad and no coin to spend!

Clearly it's not an acceptable permanent solution but Miller looked lively on his own up front at Doncaster.

Won't be many young footballers who don't think they are God's gift, especially when you're in a town like Morecambe.


I didnt mention releasing anybody other than Assamoah Wright or McQueen i said if anyone came in for any of those 8 i.d let them go and then replace them with someone else so no reduction in numbers and as they arent getting ant pitch time you could release 2 or those 3 and add the two youth players into the mix keeping numbers the same but freeing up a chunk of cash to fund someone like Liddle

Not sure what you meant about the SOH though Seesaw ?

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 21:42 #25 by munchymagic
munchymagic replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

pie wrote: No doubt it would leave us short of cover but by the same token if we released many of the 8 on your list we'd be equally short - issue of having a thin squad and no coin to spend!

Clearly it's not an acceptable permanent solution but Miller looked lively on his own up front at Doncaster.

Won't be many young footballers who don't think they are God's gift, especially when you're in a town like Morecambe.


I didnt mention releasing anybody other than Assamoah Wright or McQueen i said if anyone came in for any of those 8 i.d let them go and then replace them with someone else so no reduction in numbers and as they arent getting ant pitch time you could release 2 or those 3 and add the two youth players into the mix keeping numbers the same but freeing up a chunk of cash to fund someone like Liddle

Not sure what you meant about the SOH though Seesaw ?


In hindsight I think it was a waste of time re-signing Asamoah on the basis that he was rarely used and would have been better to fill the bench with Salkeld or Holt but maybe Asamoah was playing for peanuts to keep himself fit and was a better option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
10 Jan 2017 17:14 - 10 Jan 2017 17:14 #26 by crunchblue
crunchblue replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Quite a few on this thread picking Gary Liddle.

Anyway here's my team to face Morecambe...

Gillespie
T.Miller Godin Gillesphey Alaba
Kennedy Joyce Modric
Messi Wyke Adams
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2017 17:14 by crunchblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
10 Jan 2017 18:44 - 10 Jan 2017 18:46 #27 by seesaw50
seesaw50 replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

crunchblue wrote: Quite a few on this thread picking Gary Liddle.

Anyway here's my team to face Morecambe...

Gillespie
T.Miller Godin Gillesphey Alaba
Kennedy Joyce Modric
Messi Wyke Adams


NS will be along soon stating " there's people on here with some strange ideas" !!!! ( Coz he's got no sense of humour ) :woohoo:
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2017 18:46 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2017 22:37 #28 by Blueforlife
Blueforlife replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
What's surprised me as much as anything is the cry for us to return to 3-5-2. When we used this last season we conceded even more than we are doing now. I think it's more a sign of how badly gillesphey has faired at LB. I accept that it isn't his natural position, but I think it's time he rolled his sleeves up and realised in the real world you can't always pick and choose where you play, it's not kids football anymore. The thing that frustrates me with this lad is his lack of urgency and his demenior. At times he mopes around the pitch as though he doesn't want to be there! It's time he shows a bit of fight and shows us the ability we all know he has.

My team would be

Gillespie
Miller Raynes Ellis gillesphey (last chance)
Devitt Kennedy Joyce Adams
Miller wyke

Big danger for us will be Ellison up against Gillesphey, however defensively Ellison offers nothing so hopefully Adams can exploit this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2017 22:40 #29 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Postponed. weather looks grim ahead of the weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
11 Jan 2017 10:39 #30 by seesaw50
seesaw50 replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: Postponed. weather looks grim ahead of the weekend.

Am hoping we miss the main swathe of snow and frost and DM gets it playable...we could see our position compromised otherwise ...although 4pts cushion still handy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2017 11:05 #31 by Happyblue
Happyblue replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
We've had far colder weather and far worse conditions and still managed to get a match on, so I'm quite confident.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2017 11:11 #32 by Mikercufc
Mikercufc replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
For me I think our best formation is 451. Curle at home seems to switch to this when we are getting beat or under the cosh. Early on in the season he got slated for playing one striker at home and said he wanted to go more attacking. So 442 has been used a lot more.

I just think were a bit light in midfield when we play 442. No space and ends up with hoof ball up top.

Having that extra man in midfield we play better football on the ground imo and allows Lambe/Adams when playing to switch and come inside at their will and thats when we really hurt teams going forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2017 11:30 #33 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
I prefer 4-5-1, I wouldn't be against the possibility of putting Miller out left/right in a very fluid 3 behind Wyke, Which could change to a simple 442 at any point.

Joyce Kennedy
Adams Devitt Miller
Wyke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DeckchairBlue
  • DeckchairBlue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
11 Jan 2017 22:18 #34 by DeckchairBlue
DeckchairBlue replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

Happyblue wrote: We've had far colder weather and far worse conditions and still managed to get a match on, so I'm quite confident.


I'd be more worried about the surrounding areas being safe and accessible than the pitch being playable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2017 22:30 - 11 Jan 2017 22:31 #35 by munchymagic
munchymagic replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

DeckchairBlue wrote:

Happyblue wrote: We've had far colder weather and far worse conditions and still managed to get a match on, so I'm quite confident.


I'd be more worried about the surrounding areas being safe and accessible than the pitch being playable.


Are you referring to Botcherby? :)
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2017 22:31 by munchymagic.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, CCU, Mush, DeckchairBlue, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2017 22:36 #36 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
They wont get north of shap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
13 Jan 2017 12:26 - 13 Jan 2017 12:27 #37 by crunchblue
crunchblue replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
My team:

Gillespie
T.Miller Raynes Gillesphey McQueen
Joyce Liddle
Kennedy Devitt Adams
Wyke



Team I think Curle will pick:

Gillespie
T.Miller Raynes Brisley Liddle
Kennedy Devitt Joyce Adams
S.Miller Wyke
Last Edit: 13 Jan 2017 12:27 by crunchblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: thefoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2017 12:29 - 13 Jan 2017 12:37 #38 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Has he ever played left back before?

Think KC will go :

Gillespie
Miller Raynes Brisley Gillesphey
Kennedy Joyce Liddle(C) Adams
Wyke Ibehre
Last Edit: 13 Jan 2017 12:37 by TheLazyLewisGuy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2017 13:15 #39 by paddockite
paddockite replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Gillespie

Miller Raynes Gillesphey Mcqueen

Kennedy Liddle Joyce

Devitt Wyke Adams
The following user(s) Liked this post:: thefoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2017 14:01 #40 by Lazarus
Lazarus replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
I'd go with Crunch's team but I think Keith will go with LLG's. Why he'd want to stick with a defence just not performing I don't know, but think he will.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2017 15:22 - 13 Jan 2017 15:23 #41 by nobbyblue
nobbyblue replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: Has he ever played left back before?

Think KC will go :

Gillespie
Miller Raynes Brisley Gillesphey
Kennedy Joyce Liddle(C) Adams
Wyke Ibehre


That looks about right.

McQueen was mostly a left back at Tottenham apparently. Not sure about Liddle.
Last Edit: 13 Jan 2017 15:23 by nobbyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2017 16:57 #42 by The Archer
The Archer replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Gillespie
Miller Liddle Raynes Gillesphey
Kennedy Joyce Devitt Adams
Miller Wyke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lakelandterrier
  • Lakelandterrier's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
13 Jan 2017 20:38 #43 by Lakelandterrier
Lakelandterrier replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
I think Curle may play Liddle in front of Brisley and Raynes with Joyce and Kennedy in front of him..

Cumbrian and Proud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2017 23:20 #44 by Flatcap
Flatcap replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
I think The Archer might have inside knowledge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Dentonholmersimpson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
14 Jan 2017 01:07 #45 by Dentonholmersimpson
Dentonholmersimpson replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Can't keep blaming the back four all the time, since Jones has been injured we have missed that little bit of protection, so not really bothered where GL starts.

Also we score shit loads of goals and as a result we let more in, same as Liverpool to a degree.

We could shut up shop completely with the players we have but would not be as entertaining.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
14 Jan 2017 01:53 #46 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Team v Morecambe

Dentonholmersimpson wrote: Can't keep blaming the back four all the time, since Jones has been injured we have missed that little bit of protection, so not really bothered where GL starts.

Also we score shit loads of goals and as a result we let more in, same as Liverpool to a degree.

We could shut up shop completely with the players we have but would not be as entertaining.


You can. You can also say they weren't quite as shit with Jones playing in front of them but they were still fairly shit then ;)

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DeckchairBlue
  • DeckchairBlue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
14 Jan 2017 04:08 #47 by DeckchairBlue
DeckchairBlue replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Even the best defences struggle when they don't have the support in front of them cutting out attacks where they begin. Stands to reason that if attacks are constantly getting through they are going to concede.

Unfortunately the only replacements we have for Jones are more attacking minded players, who don't offer the same protection he can.

Strange that when people refer to our defence they never include Gillespie in that. Regardless of how many goals we concede he's never called into question.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: crunchblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2017 14:32 #48 by Lazarus
Lazarus replied the topic: Team v Morecambe
Well KC has decided enough is enough and the defence has been thoroughly dismantled. Interesting times ahead!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds
Go to top