TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Carlisle Utd to join EFL clubs tomorrow in discussions over possible transfer window change https://t.co/31bneLWbFS
2hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle's three years in charge at Carlisle United - a statistical review https://t.co/5pljXn0wif #cufc https://t.co/S07
2hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Nigel Clibbens, John Nixon and Jim Mitchell confirmed as the Q&A guests this Friday night from 6.00pm https:…
6hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Full-match commentary on Crewe v Carlisle United this Saturday from 2.00pm on FM & Freeview https://t.co/2BX
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Lee Dykes on the @ShrimpsOfficial game yesterday and Clint Hill: https://t.co/CeypkR4Ev9 https://t.co/IAKlhMhs50
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: A gallery of images from the Central League Cup game against @ShrimpsOfficial: https://t.co/nhkwOsdaVS https://t.co/r6Zkn
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Full-match commentary on Crewe v Carlisle United this Saturday from 2.00pm on FM & Freeview 721 https://t.co
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Watch the goals from Clint Hill and @SamirNabi96 from today's game against Morecambe on our YouTube channel here: https:/…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: A summary from today's Central League Cup action against @ShrimpsOfficial: https://t.co/DrRaXC5WNW https://t.co/Dasmuk45S8
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Clint Hill scores for Carlisle Utd's reserves against Morecambe | News & Star https://t.co/m57tSVrmba #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Defender Clint Hill scored United's first goal in the 2-0 Central League Cup win over Morecambe https://t.co
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: That's full time, goals from Hill and Nabi enough to seal a 2-0 win #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 2-0 to us now after Nabi fired home from just inside the box #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: United lead 1-0 at half time thanks to a goal from Clint Hill #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: .. Kennedy and Devitt also involved #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Clint Hill is involved in today's Central League Cup game against Morecambe - other first team players including T Miller…
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Today marks three years since Keith Curle took charge - here's a breakdown of his tenure in numbers https://…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Danny Grainger @Dannyg31986 on the 1-1 draw with Barnet on Saturday: https://t.co/mrTDtgi030 https://t.co/Hvgvj3Tr7A
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: "Hopefully it will give us some confidence for the next game," says Shaun Miller, after Saturday's wonder goal https://t.co/
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Questions for the board can be phoned-in to the show from 6.00pm this Friday night on 0345 3051122 https://t…

normal Match Highlights on OS

• seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
08 Jan 2017 17:46 #1 by seesaw50
seesaw50 created the topic: Match Highlights on OS
Could seriously damage your health!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2017 20:25 #2 by spanblue
spanblue replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
We had plenty of chances but the finishing was shocking as was the defending. Some of our defence players should not be playing in the first 11 at the weekend. I was not sure that Kennedy's offside goal was in fact offside. Looked about level from the camera angle on United Player highlights.
Unless the defence is sorted, then I fear even the play offs may be beyond our reach and I am not being negative, just concerned at the number of goals conceded recently which is alarming to say the least.

More
08 Jan 2017 20:42 #3 by Urban Designer
Urban Designer replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
Defence & GK were shocking - I think Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth will go up and dont even think we will get to the playoffs. If Adams or Wyke leave we will be getting beat most weeks. I can remember missing out on the playoffs on gd in about 1990. They were saying that season - you dont turn into a bad team overnight. They did and missed out.

More
08 Jan 2017 20:43 #4 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

Urban Designer wrote: Defence & GK were shocking - I think Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth will go up and dont even think we will get to the playoffs. If Adams or Wyke leave we will be getting beat most weeks. I can remember missing out on the playoffs on gd in about 1990. They were saying that season - you dont turn into a bad team overnight. They did and missed out.

Why Portsmouth?

More
08 Jan 2017 20:55 #5 by shaldon1
shaldon1 replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
I think unfortunately we will not be promoted. I also think it is in the best interests of the club. I do not think we have the structure within the club at the moment to make promotion worthwhile this year.Also I do not think we have enough players of the quality required for league 1.Until the Billionaire arrives we must be satisfied with a high position in the table.
By the way is Jabo still playing?

More
08 Jan 2017 21:03 #6 by Urban Designer
Urban Designer replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote:

Urban Designer wrote: Defence & GK were shocking - I think Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth will go up and dont even think we will get to the playoffs. If Adams or Wyke leave we will be getting beat most weeks. I can remember missing out on the playoffs on gd in about 1990. They were saying that season - you dont turn into a bad team overnight. They did and missed out.

Why Portsmouth?

They are only 4 points behind us and will no doubt invest in January.

More
08 Jan 2017 21:40 #7 by 182blue
182blue replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
I don't think that you would have to be Nostradamus to predict Doncaster, Plymouth and Portsmouth being in the top three but we are in with a shout.
Grimsby game wasn't a performance that made me think that we have turned shit. I didn't think we were terrible in that game.
I am still confident we can win the bulk of our home games.
When we played the likes of Colchester and Wycombe at home they looked decidedly mediocre yet they are in the play-off places.
Portsmouth are enigmatic and don't seem to manage to string a few wins together (yet!).
Plymouth have had their ups and downs and lost their last game.

We obviously splashed out on a few summer signings and though some of them have been excellent, a couple have not.

Whatever the reasons for it are, we are not getting great crowds that makes us think we should be expecting to have more resources than other teams in the top half of the table.

Looks like we are getting a couple in to hopefully plug the obvious weak spots in the team.

More
08 Jan 2017 21:41 #8 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
"i said in january we wouldn't go up" - predicting posts for may.

More
08 Jan 2017 23:11 #9 by MerseysideBlue
MerseysideBlue replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

Urban Designer wrote:

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote:

Why Portsmouth?

They are only 4 points behind us and will no doubt invest in January.

Because investing heavily in the summer did them a lot of good, didn't it?

More
09 Jan 2017 09:29 #10 by sirjimmyglass
sirjimmyglass replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
We really are all over the place defensively. You might expect it at 3-1 down when we're chasing the game but every single one of the back 5 made glaring mistakes there.

This has happened for so long and with so many different combinations that it simply cannot be the players who need to change. We're a very good team going forward, we have some excellent players at this level but we really need to concentrate on keeping clean sheets.

• markredfox73
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
09 Jan 2017 09:34 #11 by markredfox73
markredfox73 replied the topic: Re:Match Highlights on OS
Shaldon please shut the [censored] up with that drivel you spout on here..after reading your post
You are the sort of person i could just give you a shake and slap and tell you to get a [censored] grip.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

More
09 Jan 2017 10:12 #12 by heilkmoon
heilkmoon replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

shaldon1 wrote: I think unfortunately we will not be promoted. I also think it is in the best interests of the club. I do not think we have the structure within the club at the moment to make promotion worthwhile this year.Also I do not think we have enough players of the quality required for league 1.Until the Billionaire arrives we must be satisfied with a high position in the table.

Trolling game over. Come back in a couple of weeks with another new identity.

• seesaw50
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
09 Jan 2017 11:17 #13 by seesaw50
seesaw50 replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

sirjimmyglass wrote: We really are all over the place defensively. You might expect it at 3-1 down when we're chasing the game but every single one of the back 5 made glaring mistakes there.

This has happened for so long and with so many different combinations that it simply cannot be the players who need to change. We're a very good team going forward, we have some excellent players at this level but we really need to concentrate on keeping clean sheets.

Disagree there sir Jim ..the back line has been stable until Grainger's injury but the biggest factor is the loss of Mike Jones who with Joyce,broke up attacks before the defense was called into action ...they have now been found out . Kennedy isn't as tenacious and Joyce is single handedly trying to do the job of two.....we need a hard tackling , speedy midfielder first and foremost imo

• cousinscotty
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
09 Jan 2017 11:56 #14 by cousinscotty
cousinscotty replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
[sigh] Yet another thread disparaging our defence yet without any mention of the goalkeeper!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

More
09 Jan 2017 12:10 #15 by nobbyblue
nobbyblue replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
Gillespie's been questionable on one or two goals lately but he didn't have much chance with the first three and his defence didn't help him on the fourth but he still nearly kept it out.

More
09 Jan 2017 13:04 #16 by pie
pie replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

cousinscotty wrote: [sigh] Yet another thread disparaging our defence yet without any mention of the goalkeeper!

SirJimmyglass mentioned him...

More
09 Jan 2017 13:32 #17 by chave
chave replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
Pompey fan here. A lot for us depends on what happens in the transfer window. If we sign a good striker we'll go up. If not, we won't. I think it's pretty much as simple as that.

From what I've seen this season, which is pretty in line with the league, Doncaster will definitely go up as they have the strongest combination of backbone and skill. There's then a chasing pack of four, with us, you, Plymouth and Luton. Those four teams, are all great footballing teams and, on their day, can destroy anyone. However, they also have defensive weaknesses and can lose simple games. I honestly can't choose between those four teams, fans of all four are saying the same things about their teams needing to be better. It's likely to be luck as much as anything that gets those teams up. We'll all know a lot more after the transfer window has shut.

• seesaw50
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
09 Jan 2017 13:37 #18 by seesaw50
Good post chave....tough at the top eh!! ;)

More
09 Jan 2017 13:59 #19 by chesterviabothel
chesterviabothel replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

chave wrote: Pompey fan here. A lot for us depends on what happens in the transfer window. If we sign a good striker we'll go up. If not, we won't. I think it's pretty much as simple as that.

From what I've seen this season, which is pretty in line with the league, Doncaster will definitely go up as they have the strongest combination of backbone and skill. There's then a chasing pack of four, with us, you, Plymouth and Luton. Those four teams, are all great footballing teams and, on their day, can destroy anyone. However, they also have defensive weaknesses and can lose simple games. I honestly can't choose between those four teams, fans of all four are saying the same things about their teams needing to be better. It's likely to be luck as much as anything that gets those teams up. We'll all know a lot more after the transfer window has shut.

What about Colchester, Wycombe and Cambridge? The three form teams over the last 8 games? Three of the top four teams over the last 10 games, with Doncaster.

• franksidebottom
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
09 Jan 2017 14:11 #20 by franksidebottom
franksidebottom replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

nobbyblue wrote: Gillespie's been questionable on one or two goals lately but he didn't have much chance with the first three and his defence didn't help him on the fourth but he still nearly kept it out.

One or two? :blink:

Ever thought the defence could be shaky because they have little confidence in the man behind them?

More
09 Jan 2017 14:17 - 09 Jan 2017 14:17 #21 by chesterviabothel
chesterviabothel replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

franksidebottom wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Gillespie's been questionable on one or two goals lately but he didn't have much chance with the first three and his defence didn't help him on the fourth but he still nearly kept it out.

One or two? :blink:

Ever thought the defence could be shaky because they have little confidence in the man behind them?

Or vice versa? Having played in goals and defence both could be true. Nothing worse as a keeper to be exposed time and time again.
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2017 14:17 by chesterviabothel.

• franksidebottom
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
09 Jan 2017 14:24 #22 by franksidebottom
franksidebottom replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS
Being exposed by a poor defence isn't what we're talking about here though, no keeper has ever been blamed for being exposed. I'm talking about not coming for crosses, not coming for corners, mis-reading and mis-judging high balls into the box, being slow off his line at other times, poor decision making, poor distribution, poor communication. None of these concern being exposed.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh as he makes some cracking saves and is a decent enough fourth division keeper. But that's all he is.

More
09 Jan 2017 14:42 #23 by chave
chave replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

chesterviabothel wrote:

chave wrote: Pompey fan here. A lot for us depends on what happens in the transfer window. If we sign a good striker we'll go up. If not, we won't. I think it's pretty much as simple as that.

What about Colchester, Wycombe and Cambridge? The three form teams over the last 8 games? Three of the top four teams over the last 10 games, with Doncaster.

They seem like the team's most likely to be battling out for the play-offs, along with Barnet who could have a late surge. Honestly, I can't see any of them overtaking three of the five teams I mentioned before, purely based on what I've seen earlier in the season. They're all on good runs, but I'm not sure they have the same quality to break teams down.

More
09 Jan 2017 20:04 #24 by CCU
CCU replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

franksidebottom wrote: Being exposed by a poor defence isn't what we're talking about here though, no keeper has ever been blamed for being exposed. I'm talking about not coming for crosses, not coming for corners, mis-reading and mis-judging high balls into the box, being slow off his line at other times, poor decision making, poor distribution, poor communication. None of these concern being exposed.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh as he makes some cracking saves and is a decent enough fourth division keeper. But that's all he is.

Frank in anti-Gillespie rant shock! :silly:

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

More
09 Jan 2017 20:35 #25 by Kangshung
Kangshung replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

shaldon1 wrote: I think unfortunately we will not be promoted. I also think it is in the best interests of the club. I do not think we have the structure within the club at the moment to make promotion worthwhile this year.Also I do not think we have enough players of the quality required for league 1.Until the Billionaire arrives we must be satisfied with a high position in the table.

This bullshit has gone on too [censored] long.

Can the mods not ban this boring [censored] for his continual trolling? Total non-contributer and an utter [censored] on top of that.

W@nker.

More
09 Jan 2017 20:53 #26 by MerseysideBlue

Kangshung wrote:

Can the mods not ban this boring [censored] for his continual trolling? Total non-contributer and an utter [censored] on top of that.

W@nker.

We've said it before but I'll say it again, shaldon doesn't appear to be a WUM/troll - certainly nothing suggests he's one of the board or even a relative/friend. Just had a very (wildly) different view to a lot of the posters on this board - nothing wrong with that.

More
09 Jan 2017 21:03 #27 by Kangshung

MerseysideBlue wrote:

Kangshung wrote:

W@nker.

We've said it before but I'll say it again, shaldon doesn't appear to be a WUM/troll - certainly nothing suggests he's one of the board or even a relative/friend. Just had a very (wildly) different view to a lot of the posters on this board - nothing wrong with that.

Aye, and Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't a communist - just a Marxist Leninist...

More
09 Jan 2017 21:07 #28 by MerseysideBlue

Kangshung wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

Kangshung wrote:

W@nker.

Ha. Seriously though, all the mods are fairly certain on this!

More
09 Jan 2017 21:11 #29 by Kangshung

MerseysideBlue wrote:

Kangshung wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

Kangshung wrote:

W@nker.

Ha. Seriously though, all the mods are fairly certain on this!

I can't believe that there is an individual out there who could possibly believe the nonsense Shaldon spouts.

Then again, Donald Trump will soon be inaugurated as POTUS.

What a world...

More
09 Jan 2017 21:53 #30 by deeksme
deeksme replied the topic: Match Highlights on OS

CCU wrote:

franksidebottom wrote: Being exposed by a poor defence isn't what we're talking about here though, no keeper has ever been blamed for being exposed. I'm talking about not coming for crosses, not coming for corners, mis-reading and mis-judging high balls into the box, being slow off his line at other times, poor decision making, poor distribution, poor communication. None of these concern being exposed.

Frank in anti-Gillespie rant shock! :silly:

Rant?
I suppose one man's rant is another man's stating the bleeding obvious.

• seesaw50
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
09 Jan 2017 22:34 #31 by seesaw50
Wonder how many times the Mysterious one made them watch that horror show :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds
Go to top