TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: We've now sold 1,672 season tickets for next season. Great response - what's becoming clear is that you like to sit! http…
5hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: And an interview with Gav Skelton as he looks forward to taking on his new position at the club: https://t.co/edD0R3FG8e
5hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Academy boss Darren Edmondson on the appointment of Gav Skelton and a new role for Dave Wilkes: https://t.co/isyjQeYipd
5hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @EFLTrust_Futsal: VIDEO: Watch highlights of the @EFLTrust_Futsal Trophy Final between @officialcufc and @officialpompey. @CUFCCST @Pom
8hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @ITVborder: Former Queen of the South manager, Gavin Skelton, joins the Carlisle United coaching team: https://t.co/UsKHIfLgw2 https://t…
14hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Gavin Skelton appointed as Professional Development Phase Coach: https://t.co/tti4DSUHPV https://t.co/nbLTeV39tL
14hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle expected to meet transfer targets after extended talks with Carlisle Utd's owners https://t.co/DEQWJSKyw4 #cufc
15hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Keith Curle 'given the green light' to speak to top transfer targets following meeting with the board today…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Fans asked for feedback on the Brunton Park match day experience: https://t.co/TjePIRBLZT https://t.co/kEz4XS521q
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Work started today on the training pitch behind Brunton Park today - more of the same up at Creighton to follow #cufc htt…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: It was a wonderful day on Sunday where some real Hoppy Memories were created - watch highlights from the game here: https…
TheCumbriansNet RT @cufckit: Trying to reply to The Cumbrians Net but their Twitter feed isn't accepting a reply - D Day for our launch, we're looking forw…
TheCumbriansNet @Marzy_1 @officialcufc @cufckit Thanks! Not sure why it won't let you reply Andy! #UTB
TheCumbriansNet Hi @officialcufc @cufckit - Any news on when we'll roll out the new design? Thanks! #UTB https://t.co/HGFMF72NPM
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Manager Keith Curle on his retained and released list: https://t.co/XABKmJ6m6k https://t.co/71MkPwa0ZI
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Keith Curle admits the club are 'two weeks behind' in their summer recruitment due to play-off involvement h…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Season Ticket sales burst through the 1,500 mark - almost double the same stage last season! https://t.co/n1xmtfdcAh http…
TheCumbriansNet RT @buddytomo: Loved every minute at @officialcufc wish you all the very best in the future 💙⚪️
TheCumbriansNet Discuss the @officialcufc Retained and Released List here: https://t.co/UY0wGlTbPZ

BBC live at Barrow

• seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar Topic Author
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
07 Jan 2017 08:39 #1 by seesaw50
12 o'clock today ...FA Cup coverage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markredfox73
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
07 Jan 2017 10:32 #2 by markredfox73
I hope Dan Walker has put an extra padlock and chain on his car

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
07 Jan 2017 10:34 #3 by Dancingbear
Thanks for that Seesaw. Ill be sure to be watching something else at that time ;)

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
07 Jan 2017 10:47 - 07 Jan 2017 10:49 #4 by seesaw50
Ah come on db.... Local Game for local people ! Barra only lost once in 26 think they said earlier :woohoo:
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 10:49 by seesaw50.

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
07 Jan 2017 10:57 #5 by Dancingbear

seesaw50 wrote: Ah come on db.... Local Game for local people ! Barra only lost once in 26 think they said earlier :woohoo:

Nah no interest in them at all. Wouldnt class them as local really Newcastle and Preston are prob closer to Carlisle. Decent zoo nearby though.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie, markredfox73

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
07 Jan 2017 11:31 #6 by seesaw50
Think you'll find the "zoo" was shut down after the lion ate the keeper lass !!

More
07 Jan 2017 11:39 #7 by ParcelPete

seesaw50 wrote: Think you'll find the "zoo" was shut down after the lion ate the keeper lass !!

It was open last week.

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
07 Jan 2017 11:45 #8 by Dancingbear

seesaw50 wrote: Think you'll find the "zoo" was shut down after the lion ate the keeper lass !!

Its been open and even extended since that happened. Id recommend it to anyone. Maybe hasnt got the facilities of somewhere like Chester but its very decent.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: markredfox73

More
07 Jan 2017 13:52 #9 by Laffy
I thought Paul Casson spoke well on 5 live-sounded very humble and decent fella

More
07 Jan 2017 13:57 #10 by CCU

Laffy wrote: I thought Paul Casson spoke well on 5 live-sounded very humble and decent fella

His comments in the Telegraph today have got folk talking...

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/06/...void-premier-league/

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
07 Jan 2017 14:06 #11 by seesaw50

Laffy wrote: I thought Paul Casson spoke well on 5 live-sounded very humble and decent fella

Came over well on the TV as well ...was wearing some terrible blue leather Texan cowboy boots tho. Lives in Dallas I believe .

More
07 Jan 2017 14:17 #12 by Laffy
An excellent article.Football at the higher end has lost its connection with ordinary people.I work with some pretty rich entrepreneurs but even they struggle with the idea of PL players of even average ability earning £50k a week.

I don't think the answer is simply about passing more money down to lower league clubs as invariably it will end up in players pockets-probably making the current situation worse through clubs paying more to try and get up to the PL.

Basically most of the TV money is leaving the game through player wages and agents-its certainly not being reinvested in any great sums.Not a great business model for the longer term.Short tetm it has created an elite,long term very bad for the essence of our game which is a league system.

What a pity they don't make the playform and financial rules more like the rugby where you can go to a game and see a competitive match with the result in doubt.

Anyway,good luck to Barrow and Paul Casson today
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50, NORTHERNSOUL

More
07 Jan 2017 14:24 #13 by ParcelPete
He really does come across well,pity he wasn't born in Carlisle.

• markredfox73
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
07 Jan 2017 14:30 #14 by markredfox73
Good read that... love the words "feral excitement "...how very true to relate to barrow folk :)

The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
07 Jan 2017 14:43 #15 by Dancingbear

ParcelPete wrote: He really does come across well,pity he wasn't born in Carlisle.

Why would that matter to the current lot?

More
07 Jan 2017 14:50 #16 by nobbyblue
Full house. First sell out since 1968. That's the only problem with the FA Cup, bloody glory hunters.

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
07 Jan 2017 14:55 #17 by seesaw50
Can't see them beating 'dale ..they looked pretty sharp at BP...but come on the Bluebirds :woohoo:

More
07 Jan 2017 14:59 #18 by ParcelPete

Dancingbear wrote:

ParcelPete wrote: He really does come across well,pity he wasn't born in Carlisle.

Why would that matter to the current lot?

Because it's a lot easier to get hold of a Gun in Dallas.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

More
07 Jan 2017 14:59 #19 by Kangshung

nobbyblue wrote: Full house. First sell out since 1968. That's the only problem with the FA Cup, bloody glory hunters.

Aye, a game against Rochdale is a real special occasion. Damn those glory boys!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue

More
07 Jan 2017 15:00 #20 by Laffy
Yes I liked the expression too-feral.Says it all in one word though perhaps not in describing the indigenous population.

More
07 Jan 2017 15:07 #21 by nobbyblue

Kangshung wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Full house. First sell out since 1968. That's the only problem with the FA Cup, bloody glory hunters.

You've got to remember not a lot happens in Barrow!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Kangshung

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
07 Jan 2017 15:57 #22 by seesaw50

nobbyblue wrote:

Kangshung wrote:

You've got to remember not a lot happens in Barrow!

Except the odd submarine being built ...saw one launched once many moons ago

More
07 Jan 2017 15:59 - 07 Jan 2017 16:02 #23 by Wukkie

Dancingbear wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: Ah come on db.... Local Game for local people ! Barra only lost once in 26 think they said earlier :woohoo:

Nah no interest in them at all. Wouldn't class them as local really Newcastle and Preston are prob closer to Carlisle. Decent zoo nearby though.

I think outsiders would find more animals walking round the town centre than the actual Zoo.

Edit to add Come on Rochdale in the Lancashire Derby.
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 16:02 by Wukkie.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear, markredfox73, Robbo

More
07 Jan 2017 16:45 #24 by Urban Designer

4,414 there today. Im sure they sold out against Oldham in the FA Cup a few years ago?

If thats the capacity would they even be allowed in the football league if they got promoted? Thought it was a minimum of 6,000 capacity?

More
07 Jan 2017 17:04 #25 by TheLazyLewisGuy

Urban Designer wrote:

4,414 there today. Im sure they sold out against Oldham in the FA Cup a few years ago?

If thats the capacity would they even be allowed in the football league if they got promoted? Thought it was a minimum of 6,000 capacity?

Not sure, Can knock a stand up in no time nowadays.

• markredfox73
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
07 Jan 2017 17:50 #26 by markredfox73
I am sure Accringtons ground holds less than 6k...

More
07 Jan 2017 18:18 #27 by nobbyblue
Aye 5057 only at Accy. Fleetwood under 6000, Morecambe and Barnet slightly over.

More
07 Jan 2017 18:28 - 07 Jan 2017 18:31 #28 by NORTHERNSOUL

markredfox73 wrote: I am sure Accringtons ground holds less than 6k...

Capacity wise Its 5k with 2k seats. On promotion you have to be in that position at the start of your 3rd season in the league providing your ground meets all the other regulations in time for the start of your first season in the league.

Last year on the Barrow website there was the results of a report they had done by some independent consultants that concluded they could take their place in the league if promoted with an immediate investment of less that 150k on the ground which would be just things like new turnstiles pa system etc etc but its all complicated by the fact that you only get one shot at the one off grant youre entitled to on achieving promotion to the league and to maximise that you need to look at committing to spending 1.6 million to get the 50% grant that is capped at 800k which providing you can find your half youd be daft not to as its free money that you.ll never get the opportunity to earn ever again.

As i understand it Casson has a plan with about seven scenarios and options for any number of eventualities which start at spending about 50k just to do what they need to do to maintain the the status quo or even achieve a small increase should they not get promoted up to Announcing a new stadium and spending as little as possible at HS to make it comply with what the league would want done in the meantime if they got promoted. [If they can see you are serious and are well down the road to a new stadium the league would give you dispensation against having to meet the 5k and 2k seats at your present stadium so as not to waste money on the old ground ]

If you watch the tv pics from the game today its not hard to see how they could easily achive a 6k capacity just by building a couple of blocks of proper terracing to either side of the main stand and as i understand it simply re concreting the terracing in a few places would give them an increase of nearly 500 on the limit that was placed on it today.

And before anyone jumps in those figures are off the top of my head and i stand to be corrected by anyone who has the time and inclination to search a number of websites to check because i dont.

"The difference here is the club belongs to town and its fans. When I'm done here it will be better than when I came in and it will still belong to town and the fans." Andy Holt 15th May 2017
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 18:31 by NORTHERNSOUL.

More
07 Jan 2017 18:35 - 07 Jan 2017 18:48 #29 by NORTHERNSOUL

nobbyblue wrote: Aye 5057 only at Accy. Fleetwood under 6000, Morecambe and Barnet slightly over.

Barnet will have increased considerably with the opening of the new stand just before Xmas

And the figure at Accrington is in a state of flux at the minute for example they currently dont have the minimum 2k seats but were given dispensation to remove the seats from their end to increase the capacity in there ready for when they demolish the small side ready for construction of the new stand to start in the summer and at the same time ensure the overall capacity stayed over the 5k minimum.

When the new stand is completed the seats will number about 2.8k and the capacity will rise to about 5.8k but if they do another couple of bits of associated work they can get that up to 7k quite easily. The whole of the area around the ground has had a good tidy up with new car parks created at both ends of the ground and they are trying to get permission for a new access road the the Clayton end but the local residents are holding that up a bit at the minute

"The difference here is the club belongs to town and its fans. When I'm done here it will be better than when I came in and it will still belong to town and the fans." Andy Holt 15th May 2017
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 18:48 by NORTHERNSOUL.

More
07 Jan 2017 18:40 - 07 Jan 2017 18:41 #30 by CCU

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Aye 5057 only at Accy. Fleetwood under 6000, Morecambe and Barnet slightly over.

Barnet will have increased considerably with the opening of the new stand just before Xmas

"With the building of the North Stand, the overall capacity of the Hive Stadium, has risen to over 6,400. However it was a condition of the local planning permission, when the Hive was first built that no more than 5,176 fans would be allowed to attend a match. This condition is still in place, so the Club now have a larger capacity stadium, than they can actually use, which is a bit bizarre...."

www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/engl...-stadium-barnet.html

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 18:41 by CCU.

More
07 Jan 2017 18:55 #31 by nobbyblue
I must admit how Accy, Morecambe and Barnet survive and turn out half decent teams is nothing short of miraculous on crowds of less than 2000. A good manager seems to be the key.

More
07 Jan 2017 21:03 - 07 Jan 2017 21:05 #32 by NORTHERNSOUL

nobbyblue wrote: I must admit how Accy, Morecambe and Barnet survive and turn out half decent teams is nothing short of miraculous on crowds of less than 2000. A good manager seems to be the key.

Yes thats one of the reasons without doubt but when you look at how Accrington can have a squad nearly 50% larger than ours with a turnover thats i doubt a quarter of ours and therefore a playing budget a quarter of ours you might start to understand that other clubs play the rules in a way that we dont. I can tell you that evey penny that Andy Holt spends on behalf of the club goes in in a way that increases turnover and therefore wage budget.For instance have a look at where Stanleys online shop is hosted ? how much do you think they pay for that ? Answer is they dont they actually get paid to have it there on the premise that people visting to by a shirt might buy some plastic boxes as well now we all know thats crap but its a legitimate way of injecting 50k a year into the clubs turnover to increase the 55% of it that theyre allowed to spend on players and thats only one example.

Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 21:05 by NORTHERNSOUL.

• franksidebottom
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
07 Jan 2017 22:04 #33 by franksidebottom
Ridiculous how the Crown Ground has been allowed to host league football these last few years really. Terrible access, a Gillford Park-standard stand down one side of the pitch, portaloos for toilets and an appalling pitch with crap drainage. Barely been fit for purpose.

More
07 Jan 2017 22:47 - 07 Jan 2017 22:50 #34 by NORTHERNSOUL

franksidebottom wrote: Ridiculous how the Crown Ground has been allowed to host league football these last few years really. Terrible access, a Gillford Park-standard stand down one side of the pitch, portaloos for toilets and an appalling pitch with crap drainage. Barely been fit for purpose.

Andy Holt must have been reading your mind as every one of those issues has been or is in the process of being resolved and when the new stand is completed and the new dressing rooms offices shop and hospitality areas are redeveloped over the next two years it will actually become one of the best and most modern lower league grounds.

Most people will notice a massive improvement when they visit at the end of the month if they look beyond the portaloos which would have been gone by now if the FGIT hadnt conned them out of a 50k grant in the summer take a look at the Fan Zone at the Clayton end and what will appear at the away end will be a mirror image of that.

At least they have painted the place and made other cosmetic improvements unlike another ground we all know that i could mention.

Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 22:50 by NORTHERNSOUL.

• munchymagic
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
07 Jan 2017 23:28 - 08 Jan 2017 01:31 #35 by munchymagic
Rochdale are unfortunately (for Cumbria) enjoying their best period in the modern game, the best squad they have ever had, just unfortunate we have both been drawn against a club who are having their 'Premier League' moment teetering in and around the play-off positions in League One.

They have probably spunked that 900k they got recently and will be rubbing shoulders with Newport again before you know it.
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2017 01:31 by munchymagic.

• franksidebottom
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
08 Jan 2017 08:57 #36 by franksidebottom
Keith Hill has done an unbelievable job at Rochdale, if he gets them into the Championship it'll be up there with some of the best achievements in modern day football. I got laughed at on the old board by a certain Piglet when I said he should be a manager we should go for, simply because he'd failed at Barnsley.

More
10 Jan 2017 21:54 #37 by nobbyblue
Only 956 at Barrow tonight.

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
10 Jan 2017 22:11 #38 by Dancingbear

nobbyblue wrote: Only 956 at Barrow tonight.

And they put my sodding coupon down.

More
14 Jan 2017 21:02 - 14 Jan 2017 21:04 #39 by Wukkie
Am I the only one who is sick to death of these 20 minute Paul Cox interviews at the end of every Carlisle match?

Bores the fk out of me when we're waiting for reaction of our game. The c*nts still have the Lancashire Red Rose on their badge which shows how Cumbrian they are!
Last Edit: 14 Jan 2017 21:04 by Wukkie.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

More
14 Jan 2017 21:43 #40 by Laffy
I'm with you-I think a shrink would have been a better interviewer with the rambling,blurred chat from Paul Cox.I was exhausted after the 20 mins and just wanted to turn the radio off-after a victory!I sent sincerely hope the pre match pep talk is more dynamic.

• munchymagic
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
14 Jan 2017 21:47 #41 by munchymagic
The 'coming down after the high that we were on' bit on loop was starting to make me feel dizzy.

More
14 Jan 2017 21:52 #42 by Laffy
Exactly-why give him 20 mins to repeat himself ten times.Very odd
The following user(s) Liked this post:: rasher13110

More
15 Jan 2017 03:00 #43 by rasher13110
Spot on wukkie.

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds
Go to top