TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Carlisle Utd to join EFL clubs tomorrow in discussions over possible transfer window change https://t.co/31bneLWbFS
2hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle's three years in charge at Carlisle United - a statistical review https://t.co/5pljXn0wif #cufc https://t.co/S07
2hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Nigel Clibbens, John Nixon and Jim Mitchell confirmed as the Q&A guests this Friday night from 6.00pm https:…
6hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Full-match commentary on Crewe v Carlisle United this Saturday from 2.00pm on FM & Freeview https://t.co/2BX
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Lee Dykes on the @ShrimpsOfficial game yesterday and Clint Hill: https://t.co/CeypkR4Ev9 https://t.co/IAKlhMhs50
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: A gallery of images from the Central League Cup game against @ShrimpsOfficial: https://t.co/nhkwOsdaVS https://t.co/r6Zkn
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Full-match commentary on Crewe v Carlisle United this Saturday from 2.00pm on FM & Freeview 721 https://t.co
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Watch the goals from Clint Hill and @SamirNabi96 from today's game against Morecambe on our YouTube channel here: https:/…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: A summary from today's Central League Cup action against @ShrimpsOfficial: https://t.co/DrRaXC5WNW https://t.co/Dasmuk45S8
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Clint Hill scores for Carlisle Utd's reserves against Morecambe | News & Star https://t.co/m57tSVrmba #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Defender Clint Hill scored United's first goal in the 2-0 Central League Cup win over Morecambe https://t.co
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: That's full time, goals from Hill and Nabi enough to seal a 2-0 win #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 2-0 to us now after Nabi fired home from just inside the box #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: United lead 1-0 at half time thanks to a goal from Clint Hill #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: .. Kennedy and Devitt also involved #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Clint Hill is involved in today's Central League Cup game against Morecambe - other first team players including T Miller…
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Today marks three years since Keith Curle took charge - here's a breakdown of his tenure in numbers https://…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Danny Grainger @Dannyg31986 on the 1-1 draw with Barnet on Saturday: https://t.co/mrTDtgi030 https://t.co/Hvgvj3Tr7A
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: "Hopefully it will give us some confidence for the next game," says Shaun Miller, after Saturday's wonder goal https://t.co/
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Questions for the board can be phoned-in to the show from 6.00pm this Friday night on 0345 3051122 https://t…

normal Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....

• munchymagic
  • munchymagic's Avatar Topic Author
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
07 Jan 2017 03:51 #1 by munchymagic
munchymagic created the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
"Jamie Oliver to close six restaurants in 'tough market' after Brexit vote"

This bloke is a joke and he will probably eventually get knighted, his burgers start at a tenner with a few sprigs of leaf - imagine how much it would cost for a family especially as the grown up portions are kid sized.

How on earth you can blame the rising costs down to Brexit is beyond me, McDonalds can still stick out a cheeseburger for ninety nine pence with ease.

I guess every failing business from now on is a victim of Brexit 'because of the uncertainty of the market' and all that bollocks.

And that posh bloke Jimmy who licks his arse on that farm can get stuffed as well.

www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/jamie-olive...li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue, bejustandfearprokas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2017 04:51 #2 by Gundog
Gundog replied the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
Strange how Brexit isn't affecting his remaining dozens of restaurants?. Brexit will become the standard excuse for a variety of businesses going tits up, simple failure won't be mentioned.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby, munchymagic

• munchymagic
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
07 Jan 2017 04:55 #3 by munchymagic
munchymagic replied the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....

Gundog wrote: Strange how Brexit isn't affecting his remaining dozens of restaurants?. Brexit will become the standard excuse for a variety of businesses going tits up, simple failure won't be mentioned.

But to quote it as the reason for going tits up is embarrassing, these people need to know that the public aren't daft and I hope that it bites him hard on the arse - and he preaches no sugar to everyone and if that is the case then how is he so fat?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Yorkie Blue

More
07 Jan 2017 08:10 - 07 Jan 2017 08:13 #4 by loser
loser replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
Nowt to do with the fact that they're overpriced toss then?

Although it is funny that a while ago he said that he loved that UKIP were stirring it up.
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 08:13 by loser.

More
07 Jan 2017 09:10 - 07 Jan 2017 09:17 #5 by carwash
carwash replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
He says he needs 3,000 covers a week to be sustainable. That's a heck of a lot in a crowded market where he's competing against Pizza Express, Prezzo, Zizzi, Frankie & Bennies and the rest. I think Jamies has reached its limit with the existing format so no chance of one opening in Carlisle.

I think he's blaming Brexit to try and make his point that he uses real Italian ingredients which cost more with weaker sterling. He has to do something to justify his premium pricing.
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 09:17 by carwash.

More
07 Jan 2017 09:20 #6 by CCU
CCU replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....

carwash wrote: He says he needs 3,000 covers a week to be sustainable. That's a heck of a lot in a crowded market where he's competing against Pizza Express, Prezzo, Zizzi, Caffe Uno, Frankie & Bennies and the rest. I think Jamies has reached its limit with the existing format so no chance of one opening in Carlisle.

I think he's blaming Brexit to try and make his point that he uses real Italian ingredients which cost more with weaker sterling. He has to do something to justify his premium pricing.

Read that 3000 Covers bit. Places like Exeter and Cheltenham will never sustain that, for the reasons you give. Chef led restaurants only work in the big Cities because of this.

Was in the Jamie's in Newcastle just last week, no complaints, very slick operation I thought. Cost wasn't any different to going to a Panchos or Giannis here...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

• kells
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
07 Jan 2017 09:20 #7 by kells
kells replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
Meh.

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
07 Jan 2017 09:45 #8 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
He can stick his Italian ingredients up his arse.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue, Croydonblue, munchymagic

More
07 Jan 2017 19:41 #9 by Alan
Alan replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
07 Jan 2017 19:47 #10 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....

Alan wrote:

Is that the top of Scafell? ;)

More
08 Jan 2017 19:36 #11 by Mr Quint
Mr Quint replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
Well thanks to Brexit my diesel is costing plenty more! There's no more money for the NHS (which was always a [censored] lie anyway). We are going to pay through the nose to be part of the single market and to do so there will be 'free movement of people' anyway (not that I particularly give a shit'.
Lawyers will make a fortune though! Our leader apparently lies awake thinking about how to achieve Brexit! So much for worrying about how to help the economy or the NHS, or the crisis that is social care.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: whytakemypostcode

• munchymagic
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
08 Jan 2017 19:48 #12 by munchymagic
munchymagic replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
Just like Trump getting in, everything he does good or bad will be massively scrutinised more than if Clinton had got in as there is a hatred for a bloke who isn't even in power yet - at least folk should give him a chance!

As for Brexit, when a couple of greedy companies jumped the gun and wanted more money for their products like Marmite, when it wasn't available for people to purchase it online in Tesco the media totally shat their pants and it was even on the news so if five pence gets added onto petrol and diesel and companies use the old chestnut Brexit then we can probably expect riots all over the country.

More
08 Jan 2017 19:55 #13 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....

Mr Quint wrote: Well thanks to Brexit my diesel is costing plenty more! There's no more money for the NHS (which was always a [censored] lie anyway). We are going to pay through the nose to be part of the single market and to do so there will be 'free movement of people' anyway (not that I particularly give a shit'.
Lawyers will make a fortune though! Our leader apparently lies awake thinking about how to achieve Brexit! So much for worrying about how to help the economy or the NHS, or the crisis that is social care.

The vast majority of the increase in fuel is due the action of the producers both opec and non opec to limit production to drive the price up and nothing to do with Brexit

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
08 Jan 2017 21:52 #14 by Dancingbear

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Mr Quint wrote: Well thanks to Brexit my diesel is costing plenty more! There's no more money for the NHS (which was always a [censored] lie anyway). We are going to pay through the nose to be part of the single market and to do so there will be 'free movement of people' anyway (not that I particularly give a shit'.

The vast majority of the increase in fuel is due the action of the producers both opec and non opec to limit production to drive the price up and nothing to do with Brexit

Everything is due to Brexit. Its one of the main reasons our defence is shit but no ones prepared to say it.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby, markredfox73

More
08 Jan 2017 21:56 #15 by Urban Designer
Urban Designer replied the topic: Re:Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
He gets all his meat from Cumbria

More
09 Jan 2017 13:26 #16 by Jumpforfun
Jumpforfun replied the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
I've been to the Glasgow one a couple of times and found it enjoyable.

As others have said - no way it would get the kind of footfall in a smaller city hence why the Exeter/Cheltenham ones are closing.

To compare it to McDonalds is just a bit embarrassing.

I also don't think the article puts too big an emphasis on the Brexit issue but obviously that's what everyone else will pick up on. To me it talks more about the restaurant just not getting enough customers and therefore not making money.

• munchymagic
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
09 Jan 2017 16:36 #17 by munchymagic
munchymagic replied the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....

Jumpforfun wrote: I've been to the Glasgow one a couple of times and found it enjoyable.

As others have said - no way it would get the kind of footfall in a smaller city hence why the Exeter/Cheltenham ones are closing.

To compare it to McDonalds is just a bit embarrassing.

I also don't think the article puts too big an emphasis on the Brexit issue but obviously that's what everyone else will pick up on. To me it talks more about the restaurant just not getting enough customers and therefore not making money.

Not really Jumpforfun - the principle remains, if Jamie Oliver's food costs are rising then McDonalds food costs are rising too however we don't see McDonalds in the news crying over closing restaurants because of Brexit do we, quite the opposite in fact as the McDonalds in the city centre has just had a re-vamp.

I wonder why nobody wants to pay a tenner for a burger, it must be because of Brexit?

More
09 Jan 2017 16:52 #18 by Zebby
Zebby replied the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
Maybe he should open an outlet next to one of them craft beer pubs,so after sipping their 15 quid a bottle cat piss they can take the taste away with one of his burgers :cheer:

Up The Blues
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear, markredfox73, munchymagic

• munchymagic
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
09 Jan 2017 16:56 #19 by munchymagic
I wonder if that American Diner in The Lanes that closed recently blamed their failure on the falling Dollar price because of Brexit :)

More
09 Jan 2017 17:05 #20 by pie
pie replied the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
Munchy - your principle would remain if Jamie's and McDonalds sourced their food from the same places. Unfortunately, they don't so it's a bit non-sensical.

Personally i wouldn't pay £10 for a burger but i also wouldn't pay for a McDonalds. Clearly some of the menu cost of Jamie's (and other restaurants) is in the "dining experience" (bullshit term i know but true) which clearly you don't get at McDonalds but you're clever enough to know that.

• munchymagic
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
09 Jan 2017 17:17 #21 by munchymagic

pie wrote: Munchy - your principle would remain if Jamie's and McDonalds sourced their food from the same places. Unfortunately, they don't so it's a bit non-sensical.

Personally i wouldn't pay £10 for a burger but i also wouldn't pay for a McDonalds. Clearly some of the menu cost of Jamie's (and other restaurants) is in the "dining experience" (bullshit term i know but true) which clearly you don't get at McDonalds but you're clever enough to know that.

It was such a ridiculous press release that it deserves the piss to be taken out of it, a lot on here is tongue in cheek but the statement is so full of holes like also blaming the increasing costs of staff training?!? And I'm sorry but at the prices he charges then a few extra pennies on his Italian cheese is hardly going to break the bank.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: pie

More
09 Jan 2017 17:23 #22 by pie
pie replied the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
I don't disagree with you - he's operating in a very saturated market and if costs are genuinely so high he needs more than 400 covers a day to survive, he's doing something wrong and won't be lasting too long - not sure there's any restaurants in my city which will do 3,000 a week, especially not one that has no unique appeal.

And he's a prick.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

• Dancingbear
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
09 Jan 2017 17:28 #23 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
I don't do macdonalds but if I wanted a burger and chips and there was a Burger King next to any burger restaurant type thing then I think the ease of BK would win every time over some sort of dining experience that prob means you wait twice as long for your food and pay twice as much for it.

• munchymagic
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
09 Jan 2017 17:59 #24 by munchymagic
I think that Jamie Oliver should be the first celebrity chef on the moon, whether the little f[/b]ucker likes it or not.

More
09 Jan 2017 19:03 #25 by moose
moose replied the topic: Jamie Oliver Forced To Close Six Restaurants Due To Brexit....
Wank mouthed Mockney fu ckwit.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

• munchymagic
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
10 Jan 2017 04:13 #26 by munchymagic
[/img]

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds
Go to top