TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Carlisle Utd to join EFL clubs tomorrow in discussions over possible transfer window change https://t.co/31bneLWbFS
2hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle's three years in charge at Carlisle United - a statistical review https://t.co/5pljXn0wif #cufc https://t.co/S07
2hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Nigel Clibbens, John Nixon and Jim Mitchell confirmed as the Q&A guests this Friday night from 6.00pm https:…
6hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Full-match commentary on Crewe v Carlisle United this Saturday from 2.00pm on FM & Freeview https://t.co/2BX
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Lee Dykes on the @ShrimpsOfficial game yesterday and Clint Hill: https://t.co/CeypkR4Ev9 https://t.co/IAKlhMhs50
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: A gallery of images from the Central League Cup game against @ShrimpsOfficial: https://t.co/nhkwOsdaVS https://t.co/r6Zkn
7hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Full-match commentary on Crewe v Carlisle United this Saturday from 2.00pm on FM & Freeview 721 https://t.co
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Watch the goals from Clint Hill and @SamirNabi96 from today's game against Morecambe on our YouTube channel here: https:/…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: A summary from today's Central League Cup action against @ShrimpsOfficial: https://t.co/DrRaXC5WNW https://t.co/Dasmuk45S8
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Clint Hill scores for Carlisle Utd's reserves against Morecambe | News & Star https://t.co/m57tSVrmba #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Defender Clint Hill scored United's first goal in the 2-0 Central League Cup win over Morecambe https://t.co
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: That's full time, goals from Hill and Nabi enough to seal a 2-0 win #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 2-0 to us now after Nabi fired home from just inside the box #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: United lead 1-0 at half time thanks to a goal from Clint Hill #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: .. Kennedy and Devitt also involved #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Clint Hill is involved in today's Central League Cup game against Morecambe - other first team players including T Miller…
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Today marks three years since Keith Curle took charge - here's a breakdown of his tenure in numbers https://…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Danny Grainger @Dannyg31986 on the 1-1 draw with Barnet on Saturday: https://t.co/mrTDtgi030 https://t.co/Hvgvj3Tr7A
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: "Hopefully it will give us some confidence for the next game," says Shaun Miller, after Saturday's wonder goal https://t.co/
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Questions for the board can be phoned-in to the show from 6.00pm this Friday night on 0345 3051122 https://t…

normal Wyke to Preston

  • nomadblue2
  • nomadblue2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
05 Dec 2016 18:36 #1 by nomadblue2
nomadblue2 created the topic: Wyke to Preston
Heard this rumour from two different people on Saturday after match. Anyone heard 250k bid received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 18:39 #2 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Why is it always Preston when these rumours are made up?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: loser

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 18:39 #3 by munchymagic
munchymagic replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Gannadan, Wukkie, triskelionblue, markredfox73

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 18:42 #4 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
IM GUESSING!.....that Middlesborough have sell on clauses involved, Thought it a little weird at the time that Middlesborough wanted a nominal fee off us when we signed him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • carlisleunited
  • carlisleunited's Avatar
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
05 Dec 2016 18:43 #5 by carlisleunited
carlisleunited replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Look what happened to Dempsey and Potts when they moved to leagues above us. Both back down the league's again. Might be worth mentioning this to Wyke if this rumour is true. Moving up is sometimes not the best career move.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
05 Dec 2016 19:10 - 05 Dec 2016 19:56 #6 by seesaw50
seesaw50 replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


"The rest in add ons that we will never see"......yeah I often wonder if we ever got what we were due from Watford for Danny Graham and anything due when he want to Swansea ......he scored on Saturday ....how old must he be ?

Edit : he's 31 on his wiki page if anybody's interested!!
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2016 19:56 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
05 Dec 2016 19:40 #7 by crunchblue
crunchblue replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
I don't think Wyke is League 1 class yet never mind championship.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: TheLazyLewisGuy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
05 Dec 2016 19:50 #8 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

carlisleunited wrote: Look what happened to Dempsey and Potts when they moved to leagues above us. Both back down the league's again. Might be worth mentioning this to Wyke if this rumour is true. Moving up is sometimes not the best career move.


They both got a massive pay rise no doubt and that's just about all that matters to professional footballers.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: thetashkentterror, seesaw50, ParcelPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 20:18 #9 by The Archer
The Archer replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
I'd take 250K and back Lee Dykes to have a better player lined up for less money.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: crunchblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • franksidebottom
  • franksidebottom's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
05 Dec 2016 20:24 #10 by franksidebottom
franksidebottom replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Sell Wyke for £400k and buy Billy Kee for £100k (Accrington will snap our hand off coz they're a shitty little club).
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, bejustandfearprokas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • huddersfieldcock
  • huddersfieldcock's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
05 Dec 2016 20:30 #11 by huddersfieldcock
huddersfieldcock replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
With the ambition of this club he would be mad to go to Preston.
Barr said he would walk there the silly [censored], where is he now
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, CCU, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 20:34 #12 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

huddersfieldcock wrote: With the ambition of this club he would be mad to go to Preston.
Barr said he would walk there the silly [censored], where is he now


Blackburn junior coach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 21:11 #13 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

franksidebottom wrote: Sell Wyke for £400k and buy Billy Kee for £100k (Accrington will snap our hand off coz they're a shitty little club).


Well i.ve seen a lot more of him than you have and i wouldnt pay 100k for him not that i think Andy Holt would sell him for that

Personally i.d cherry pick non league and sign 3 of the best from there for the same money and wages [ on the basis that one of them should come good ] How did we miss out on Mandron i wonder and the lad from Curzon obviously had the pedigree and word from Tranmere is the lad from Barrow doesnt exactly get on with Mellon.

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 21:39 #14 by Mr Quint
Mr Quint replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Laugh out loud! This can't be true! For the love of God come on! We won't be selling player! No way! How could we? What with a mysterious foreign 'billionaire' just waiting to invest and jump on our promotion band wagon!!! I can't believe people have forgotten this!! Crazy stuff.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: markredfox73, whytakemypostcode

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 21:40 #15 by TheLazyLewisGuy
TheLazyLewisGuy replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
I'd sell him for 250k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 22:27 #16 by PaddockRanger
PaddockRanger replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

Mr Quint wrote: Laugh out loud! This can't be true! For the love of God come on! We won't be selling player! No way! How could we? What with a mysterious foreign 'billionaire' just waiting to invest and jump on our promotion band wagon!!! I can't believe people have forgotten this!! Crazy stuff.





I cant imagine Curle would be getting funds any other way than to sell a few of our assets while the going's good, now we only have the checkatrade trophy left.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 01:09 #17 by MerseysideBlue
MerseysideBlue replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: cufcmike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 01:40 #18 by chesterviabothel
chesterviabothel replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...


Who's going to pay a penny over £400k, if that's the clause in his contract? Would you pay £5 for for beers if they are marked at £4 in your supermarket?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 05:25 #19 by Labla
Labla replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Rumour or not it would be bad business to allow him leave in January. We're top of the table, he can fire us to promotion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 06:15 #20 by thedogsbollox
thedogsbollox replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Byron Harrison from Barra, scoring for fun at the moment ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 10:00 - 06 Dec 2016 10:05 #21 by MerseysideBlue
MerseysideBlue replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...


Who's going to pay a penny over £400k, if that's the clause in his contract? Would you pay £5 for for beers if they are marked at £4 in your supermarket?!


Yeah I understand what you are saying but we should really be looking for at least £500k, maybe even £600k?
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2016 10:05 by MerseysideBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 10:11 #22 by chesterviabothel
chesterviabothel replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

MerseysideBlue wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...


Who's going to pay a penny over £400k, if that's the clause in his contract? Would you pay £5 for for beers if they are marked at £4 in your supermarket?!


Yeah I understand what you are saying but we should really be looking for at least £500k, maybe even £600k?


But nobody will pay it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 10:14 #23 by nobbyblue
nobbyblue replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Curle will only let him go in January if he's somebody as good/better lined up. Have faith! :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 10:20 #24 by PaddockRanger
PaddockRanger replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
I don't see the point of speculating transfer fee as when he is sold it will be undisclosed. To prevent other clubs hiking up the price of the players were sniffing around.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 10:34 #25 by cufcmike
cufcmike replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

MerseysideBlue wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...


Who's going to pay a penny over £400k, if that's the clause in his contract? Would you pay £5 for for beers if they are marked at £4 in your supermarket?!


Yeah I understand what you are saying but we should really be looking for at least £500k, maybe even £600k?


Lack of ambition on the BOD's part, clearly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 10:34 #26 by MerseysideBlue
MerseysideBlue replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...


Who's going to pay a penny over £400k, if that's the clause in his contract? Would you pay £5 for for beers if they are marked at £4 in your supermarket?!


Yeah I understand what you are saying but we should really be looking for at least £500k, maybe even £600k?


But nobody will pay it.


Then we should turn the offer down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 10:37 #27 by chesterviabothel
chesterviabothel replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

MerseysideBlue wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...


Who's going to pay a penny over £400k, if that's the clause in his contract? Would you pay £5 for for beers if they are marked at £4 in your supermarket?!


Yeah I understand what you are saying but we should really be looking for at least £500k, maybe even £600k?


But nobody will pay it.


Then we should turn the offer down.


But you can't. If he has a release clause in his contract that states we have to accept any bid of £400k or higher, we can't turn down a bid that matches that release clause...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 10:53 #28 by MerseysideBlue
MerseysideBlue replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...


Who's going to pay a penny over £400k, if that's the clause in his contract? Would you pay £5 for for beers if they are marked at £4 in your supermarket?!


Yeah I understand what you are saying but we should really be looking for at least £500k, maybe even £600k?


But nobody will pay it.


Then we should turn the offer down.


But you can't. If he has a release clause in his contract that states we have to accept any bid of £400k or higher, we can't turn down a bid that matches that release clause...


I know how a buyout clause works CvB I'm just saying we should be turning down any offer less than £500k at least.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 11:14 #29 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...


Who's going to pay a penny over £400k, if that's the clause in his contract? Would you pay £5 for for beers if they are marked at £4 in your supermarket?!


Yeah I understand what you are saying but we should really be looking for at least £500k, maybe even £600k?


But nobody will pay it.


If you get 2 or 3 clubs bidding the release clause amount is irrelevant

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 11:21 #30 by walwynlegend
walwynlegend replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Not really wouldn't Carlisle have to let him speak to all clubs bidding 400k?
Then he decides to stay or go to any of them.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: chesterviabothel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • kells
  • kells's Avatar
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
06 Dec 2016 11:38 #31 by kells
kells replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Who says he has a £400k release clause?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 12:16 #32 by Northumbrian
Northumbrian replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: 400k buy out someone mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised if the board took the 250k and the rest in add ons that we will never see, and the 250k will mysteriously disappear into the club accounts and as usual Jenkins debt will still creep up.


I know he's got a £400k buy out clause but we should really be asking for at least £500k for him...


Who's going to pay a penny over £400k, if that's the clause in his contract? Would you pay £5 for for beers if they are marked at £4 in your supermarket?!


Yeah I understand what you are saying but we should really be looking for at least £500k, maybe even £600k?


But nobody will pay it.


If you get 2 or 3 clubs bidding the release clause amount is irrelevant

No it isn't.... they would all bid £400k and simply use additional cash to give him the best wage offer... we have to accept any bid that matches or surpasses the release clause so it is utterly pointless paying us any more. Once the release clause is triggered we have no say as to where he goes as a club... then it is all down to who offers the best opportunity or wages

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 12:19 #33 by MerseysideBlue
MerseysideBlue replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Throwback messageboard jokes are wasted on you lot :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 12:23 - 06 Dec 2016 12:26 #34 by Northumbrian
Northumbrian replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

MerseysideBlue wrote: Throwback messageboard jokes are wasted on you lot :angry:

I was answering NS... I knew you were taking the p1ss :silly: I think NS actually believes it though... well I read it that way anyway.
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2016 12:26 by Northumbrian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 12:46 - 06 Dec 2016 12:52 #35 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

walwynlegend wrote: Not really wouldn't Carlisle have to let him speak to all clubs bidding 400k?
Then he decides to stay or go to any of them.


He can speak to any club who reaches the trigger but it doesnt mean we have to sell him to them.

For instance one club might offer 400k made up of all sorts of instalments and add ons etc to get to the final sum

Whereas another might offer 380k cash money in a tesco carrier bag which would be more acceptable if the first club didnt want to modify their offertheres no reason at all why we couldnt turn down their offer and sell to the other club.

That is of course assuming he was happy to sign for either but does go to show that even if you are the only club to match the trigger it doesnt necessarily mean you.ll get the man

And it also doesnt mean you have to sell him for that figure if you believe his value has gone up significantly since he signed that contract all it means is you have to let him speak to any club who make an offer that reaches it.

If you want to be really shitty you can still say ok then put a transfer request in which instantly would cost the player 40 grand.

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2016 12:52 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 12:59 - 06 Dec 2016 13:06 #36 by Northumbrian
Northumbrian replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

walwynlegend wrote: Not really wouldn't Carlisle have to let him speak to all clubs bidding 400k?
Then he decides to stay or go to any of them.


He can speak to any club who reaches the trigger but it doesnt mean we have to sell him to them.

For instance one club might offer 400k made up of all sorts of instalments and add ons etc to get to the final sum

Whereas another might offer 380k cash money in a tesco carrier bag which would be more acceptable if the first club didnt want to modify their offertheres no reason at all why we couldnt turn down their offer and sell to the other club.

That is of course assuming he was happy to sign for either but does go to show that even if you are the only club to match the trigger it doesnt necessarily mean you.ll get the man

And it also doesnt mean you have to sell him for that figure if you believe his value has gone up significantly since he signed that contract all it means is you have to let him speak to any club who make an offer that reaches it.

If you want to be really shitty you can still say ok then put a transfer request in which instantly would cost the player 40 grand.

I'm sorry Barry but that is gibberish. The contract will stipulate what constitutes matching the release clause (including how much is up front) ... it will outline the minimum acceptable level to release the player... if any club matches that we lose the ability to stop the player leaving as a club... it is then down to the player to choose to leave or not and which club he joins. What you think his current value is has absolutely no bearing on the value the purchasing club has to pay... they don't have to pay a penny over the release clause level. A release clause being triggered is not just permission for a player to speak to a club... it means that you have agreed to the fee in advance and must let the player leave for that figure if he chooses to do so and the clause has been met. You can try to twist the discussion as much as you want, you are still wrong on this one.

Edited to add I'd snap their hand off for £250k and cash in on his current scoring streak.
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2016 13:06 by Northumbrian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 13:05 - 06 Dec 2016 13:16 #37 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

Northumbrian wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

walwynlegend wrote: Not really wouldn't Carlisle have to let him speak to all clubs bidding 400k?
Then he decides to stay or go to any of them.


He can speak to any club who reaches the trigger but it doesnt mean we have to sell him to them.

For instance one club might offer 400k made up of all sorts of instalments and add ons etc to get to the final sum

Whereas another might offer 380k cash money in a tesco carrier bag which would be more acceptable if the first club didnt want to modify their offertheres no reason at all why we couldnt turn down their offer and sell to the other club.

That is of course assuming he was happy to sign for either but does go to show that even if you are the only club to match the trigger it doesnt necessarily mean you.ll get the man

And it also doesnt mean you have to sell him for that figure if you believe his value has gone up significantly since he signed that contract all it means is you have to let him speak to any club who make an offer that reaches it.

If you want to be really shitty you can still say ok then put a transfer request in which instantly would cost the player 40 grand.

I'm sorry Barry but that is gibberish. The contract will stipulate what constitutes matching the release clause (including how much is up front) ... it will outline the minimum acceptable level to release the player... if any club matches that we lose the ability to stop the player leaving as a club... it is then down to the player to choose to leave or not and which club he joins. What you think his current value is has absolutely no bearing on the value the purchasing club has to pay... they don't have to pay a penny over the release clause level. A release clause being triggered is not just permission for a player to speak to a club... it means that you have agreed to the fee in advance and must let the player leave for that figure if he chooses to do so and the clause has been met. You can try to twist the discussion as much as you want, you are still wrong on this one.


NO I.M NOT

Thats total crap you hold his registration and if you dont agree to release it because youve been stitched up the very worst is that it.ll go to a tribunal about six months into the future and by then his contract will likely of expired anyway.

No way if 3 if three clubs have all bid 2 million each are you forced to sell to one thats bid 400k its as you say a release clause it isnt a you have to accept the first crappy bid over 400k clause as i say you just tell the 400k one that their payment method isnt acceptable and unless they then came back to you and said ok then tell us what is and then met your terms you couldnt be forced to sell to them.

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2016 13:16 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 13:07 #38 by Northumbrian
Northumbrian replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Northumbrian wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

walwynlegend wrote: Not really wouldn't Carlisle have to let him speak to all clubs bidding 400k?
Then he decides to stay or go to any of them.


He can speak to any club who reaches the trigger but it doesnt mean we have to sell him to them.

For instance one club might offer 400k made up of all sorts of instalments and add ons etc to get to the final sum

Whereas another might offer 380k cash money in a tesco carrier bag which would be more acceptable if the first club didnt want to modify their offertheres no reason at all why we couldnt turn down their offer and sell to the other club.

That is of course assuming he was happy to sign for either but does go to show that even if you are the only club to match the trigger it doesnt necessarily mean you.ll get the man

And it also doesnt mean you have to sell him for that figure if you believe his value has gone up significantly since he signed that contract all it means is you have to let him speak to any club who make an offer that reaches it.

If you want to be really shitty you can still say ok then put a transfer request in which instantly would cost the player 40 grand.

I'm sorry Barry but that is gibberish. The contract will stipulate what constitutes matching the release clause (including how much is up front) ... it will outline the minimum acceptable level to release the player... if any club matches that we lose the ability to stop the player leaving as a club... it is then down to the player to choose to leave or not and which club he joins. What you think his current value is has absolutely no bearing on the value the purchasing club has to pay... they don't have to pay a penny over the release clause level. A release clause being triggered is not just permission for a player to speak to a club... it means that you have agreed to the fee in advance and must let the player leave for that figure if he chooses to do so and the clause has been met. You can try to twist the discussion as much as you want, you are still wrong on this one.


NO I.M NOT

Y.E.S. Y.O.U A.R.E.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
06 Dec 2016 13:36 #39 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
This thread is brilliant.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Northumbrian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 13:56 #40 by griff
griff replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
It won't be about how good he is as a footballer though. It will be more about his boxing skills, surely

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 14:06 #41 by sirjimmyglass
sirjimmyglass replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 14:48 #42 by bluestblue
bluestblue replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
It's all a bit academic in this case.

First he's not worth £400K right now and even if he were, our directors track record would suggest they would sell for whatever figure was offered anyway.

He'll probably go for £100/150K plus some nominal add ons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 15:00 #43 by sirjimmyglass
sirjimmyglass replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

bluestblue wrote: It's all a bit academic in this case.

First he's not worth £400K right now and even if he were, our directors track record would suggest they would sell for whatever figure was offered anyway.

He'll probably go for £100/150K plus some nominal add ons


Massive myth, this. Our BOD are many things, but one thing that they don't do is sell players for less than they are worth. Whether any of that money goes back into the club's transfer kitty or not is another question, but their track record when selling isn't something we can bash them with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • franksidebottom
  • franksidebottom's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
06 Dec 2016 15:59 #44 by franksidebottom
franksidebottom replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Surely a release clause will have precise figures and conditions built into it. If it was just 400k in total why wouldn't a club offer 10k upfront and another 390k if they win the Champs Lge, something which isn't going to hapoen but boosts the total up to the 400k. The bit about how much you think he's worth now, as opposed to when the contract was signed, is absolute codswallop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
06 Dec 2016 16:02 #45 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Didnt Joe Garners transfer to Forest have all sorts of rubbish attached?. Should be like football manager where you have to pay the cash up front to activate a buy out.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2016 13:25 - 07 Dec 2016 13:51 #46 by Northumbrian
Northumbrian replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

sirjimmyglass wrote: I'll just leave this here.

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ars...r-admits-bid-2666231

Suarez didn't have a release clause in his contract that is why he went for a higher ... Very funny bid nonetheless.
Last Edit: 07 Dec 2016 13:51 by Northumbrian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DeckchairBlue
  • DeckchairBlue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
07 Dec 2016 13:30 - 07 Dec 2016 13:32 #47 by DeckchairBlue
DeckchairBlue replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/foot...ause-concern-4502083

Garner was subsequently sold to Forest for £1.14m after they met his release clause.
Last Edit: 07 Dec 2016 13:32 by DeckchairBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2016 15:29 - 08 Dec 2016 16:51 #48 by Wukkie
Wukkie replied the topic: Wyke to Preston
Re:Garner,we ended up getting about £140K for him in the end after ridiculous clauses like him playing for England were never met and after Blackburn took their share.

Re:Charlie, I think he has to sort his first touch out first before he even thinks about stepping up the ladder.
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2016 16:51 by Wukkie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
07 Dec 2016 15:45 #49 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

Wukkie wrote: Re:Garner,we ended up getting about £140K for him in the end after ridiculous clauses like him playing for England we're never met and after Blackburn took their share.

Re:Charlie, I think he has to sort hi firt touch out first before he even thinks about stepping up the ladder.


Exactly my point Wukkie. If you reach a release clause then it should be guaranteed cash.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2016 19:31 #50 by chesterviabothel
chesterviabothel replied the topic: Wyke to Preston

Dancingbear wrote:

Wukkie wrote: Re:Garner,we ended up getting about £140K for him in the end after ridiculous clauses like him playing for England we're never met and after Blackburn took their share.

Re:Charlie, I think he has to sort hi firt touch out first before he even thinks about stepping up the ladder.


Exactly my point Wukkie. If you reach a release clause then it should be guaranteed cash.


Depends how desperate the club are for said player to sign. If it comes down to accepting a rubbish release clause or losing the player for nothing and him never playing for us again, a club at our level have to pick their battles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds
Go to top