CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

More
22 Jan 2019 17:39 #51 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Just to reiterate Mullen, it was me that asked that each boarder could only ask two questions each meeting. Nothing at all to do with the mods.

I stand by that, but of course bow to the consensus.

I feel it a shame if CUSG is no more than a Q and A session, not how I had hoped to see the group progress, and I also feel when any one person has asked over 30 questions it's difficult for anyone else to ask their question (which may be probing or light hearted but important to them).
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2019 17:41 #52 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
I’ll do you a deal Mullen. Provide me evidence of it being £21 to get in and I’ll buy you a ticket for a game of your choosing.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

More
22 Jan 2019 17:48 #53 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Seesaw can I ask you a question please?

Why are you so concerned about the questions I have asked?

What’s your name, you go by in public, or do you wish to remain anonymous to some.

If you were only allowed to ask questions of things you agree with than what a Shite place that’ll be.

Yes league two is tinpot and the club is tinpot. I didn’t mind watching it in my youth, may be an age thing, but bored me to death. I might watch it though if the club has a direction/dream/purpose of going further.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

More
22 Jan 2019 17:53 - 22 Jan 2019 17:56 #54 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
But if it's tinpot, as you have said, you won't want to will you...always a danger to make sweeping statements.
The hole is dug....getting deeper by the minute.

Also why are YOU concerned enough to ask the questions you have asked.

And the whole point of having a board name is that's what you go by ...on the board.
Cheers

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 17:56 by seesaw50.

More
22 Jan 2019 17:55 #55 by Mullen103

Bumble wrote: Just to reiterate Mullen, it was me that asked that each boarder could only ask two questions each meeting. Nothing at all to do with the mods.

I stand by that, but of course bow to the consensus.

I feel it a shame if CUSG is no more than a Q and A session, not how I had hoped to see the group progress, and I also feel when any one person has asked over 30 questions it's difficult for anyone else to ask their question (which may be probing or light hearted but important to them).

Yes but I presumed, maybe wrongly, that the mods people agreed. I’m having sight issues ulcers and thought the message was by mouldy.

If 2 questions per person is agreed I’ll go by it. Again presumed mouldy was your original message and got annoyed with something changing. It shouldn’t change prior to a meeting asking for questions.

I’m still none the wiser what Cusg is which is why I keep asking. Is it a q and a, is it fun raising or just a nosy get together. No idea still!

On the questions people can ask what they want, if someone wants to post 100 questions on the scoreboard there’s no stopping them.

More
22 Jan 2019 17:56 #56 by Mullen103

Dancingbear wrote: I’ll do you a deal Mullen. Provide me evidence of it being £21 to get in and I’ll buy you a ticket for a game of your choosing.

It’s either £21 or £22 I can’t remember and not checking but it’s twenty something.

No thanks, I’ll pass on the offer.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

More
22 Jan 2019 18:00 #57 by Mullen103

seesaw50 wrote: But if it's tinpot, as you have said, you won't want to will you...always a danger to make sweeping statements.
The hole is dug....getting deeper by the minute.

Also why are YOU concerned enough to ask the questions you have asked.

And the whole point of having a board name is that's what you go by ...on the board.
Cheers

You’re not happy in saying who you are, of course your choice.

Correct I won’t go to a league 2 game with these owners as the football is tinpot and so is the club. I might be tempted to go to the odd one in tier 3 under these owners.

I ask my questions because I want a better football club and want to show some groups for what they are, self serving and interested in themselves instead of the good of the club and it’s supporters.

More
22 Jan 2019 18:19 #58 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
You say that you won't go because the football is "tinpot" yet you say if we have new owners you would attend.

How do the owners dictate the standard of football? We could have great owners but still play crap, that's football.

You just don't go any more Richard, stop making excuses, nobody cares for them.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

More
22 Jan 2019 18:34 #59 by Mullen103

DeckchairBlue wrote: You say that you won't go because the football is "tinpot" yet you say if we have new owners you would attend.

How do the owners dictate the standard of football? We could have great owners but still play crap, that's football.

You just don't go any more Richard, stop making excuses, nobody cares for them.

When I used to go, and say it was shite, people twined saying don’t go. Now I don’t go people want to know.

It’s boring and even the teams doing well there’s no noise promoting the club.

However I’ve answered your question before. Under new owners that involve the supporters, have a vision, aren’t self centred, don’t lie or at the least give full info, don’t treat supporters with contempt, improve facilities then I could accept shite football to “support the club” however as these things still occur under this regiem im not putting up with shite football too.

More
22 Jan 2019 18:36 #60 by Dancingbear
Mullen, in the last 30 years how many seasons have we not been in the fourth division?. We are a lower league football team. If you dont want to follow that sort of a club thats your choice but unfortunately thats what we are and are likely to be whoevers in charge.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: DeckchairBlue, seesaw50

More
22 Jan 2019 18:42 #61 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

seesaw50 wrote: Question for CCU - 1) do you think Mullen is trying to disrupt attempts at gaining proper answers to legitimate questions ?
2) Mullen likes the sound of his own voice?

1) I’ve no idea.
2) I don’t know, ask him.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

More
22 Jan 2019 18:45 #62 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
It's a great shame you find the football tinpot. For all the many faults and disappointments at Carlisle United, I really find that word grates when it's referenced to the team I support.

Of course the football isn't Premiership standard. Plenty of room at Man City, fabulous football on offer at times. I've been a few times and enjoyed it, but I don't care.

Not like I care when Danny Grainger releases a free kick, or Devitt creates a bit of magic, or Hallam Hope hits the back of the net. Then I care because it's my team. The spirit and work rate and effort isn't tinpot.

If we do go up to a higher level, and you then feel it might be worth watching, remember it's this time, now, that you call tinpot, that will have got us there.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: DeckchairBlue, seesaw50, Dancingbear

More
22 Jan 2019 18:45 - 22 Jan 2019 18:46 #63 by CCU

Mullen103 wrote: Happy for CCU to answer, presuming he's a real person and I know what he had for dinner, shoe size, job, marital status and financial income.

Did you enjoy Glasgow CCU, i presume it was work? I recommend a blue lagoon Haggis, right time of year.

I didn’t have any dinner today funnily enough!

Not work, leisure, went to see The Streets at the O2 in Glasgow. And yes, I enjoyed it, thanks for asking!

Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 18:46 by CCU.

More
22 Jan 2019 18:47 #64 by Mullen103

Dancingbear wrote: Mullen, in the last 30 years how many seasons have we not been in the fourth division?. We are a lower league football team. If you dont want to follow that sort of a club thats your choice but unfortunately thats what we are and are likely to be whoevers in charge.

DB, I’ll repeat.

I’m not going now because the footballs shite, owners treat supporters with contempt, owners don’t appreciate supporters, bird shite on seats, no toilet facilities, no satisfactory disabled facilities, poor catering etc.

I wouldn’t mind poor football if there was a vision, owners didn’t treat supporters like shite and this word “ambition”. None of that now

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie

More
22 Jan 2019 19:02 #65 by Mullen103
I get what you’re saying Bumble and years ago I’d agree with you. Hated when people said tinpot club etc.

Maybe it’s an age thing but I loved going to the game whatever. Went to every game in that league 2 losing streak.

I stopped going in January last season. I couldn’t bare sitting in bird shit, no toilet paper in toilet, no hot water, poor catering facilities etc. And too be honest I found the football utterly boring “tinpot”

I’ve missed going a tad but it’s too much hassle for poor football.

• Waltero
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
22 Jan 2019 19:16 #66 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
You support your team thru thick and thin Richard. I know the owners have no ambition but I'll always support the team plus I meet up with friends it's a day out . I'll say it again " they won't drive me out
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, seesaw50, Dancingbear

More
22 Jan 2019 19:28 #67 by Mullen103

Waltero wrote: You support your team thru thick and thin Richard. I know the owners have no ambition but I'll always support the team plus I meet up with friends it's a day out . I'll say it again " they won't drive me out

Again I’d agree with you but it just became a hassle.

The people I used to go with stopped going but I still went then volunteered to take people as I wanted to go.

It just became a hassle for little fun coupled with our owners I stopped going.

Fair play to those that do.

More
22 Jan 2019 19:55 #68 by Dancingbear

Mullen103 wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: Mullen, in the last 30 years how many seasons have we not been in the fourth division?. We are a lower league football team. If you dont want to follow that sort of a club thats your choice but unfortunately thats what we are and are likely to be whoevers in charge.

DB, I’ll repeat.

I’m not going now because the footballs shite, owners treat supporters with contempt, owners don’t appreciate supporters, bird shite on seats, no toilet facilities, no satisfactory disabled facilities, poor catering etc.

I wouldn’t mind poor football if there was a vision, owners didn’t treat supporters like shite and this word “ambition”. None of that now

Stop bloody going on about tinpot 2 then.

More
22 Jan 2019 20:55 #69 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
This one is for Nigel .

Can you ask the custodians if they would fund a few bird feeders that can be placed in and around Brunton Park .
If would make a change from seeing that group of tits that have taken up permenant residence in the directors box .

Thanks mods .
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, melbourneblues, Wukkie, NORTHERNSOUL

More
23 Jan 2019 07:03 #70 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Question for Holdsworth/Clibbins

Are there currently any other players in the squad who have appearance-based contract triggers like he recent Ethuhu one ? And if so how far from triggering them are they ?

More
23 Jan 2019 13:01 #71 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Mullen is someone who has brexited the club but has stayed a remoaner. :-)

Wonder if he'll attend the MK Dons game where ticket prices have been dropped.

More
23 Jan 2019 13:27 #72 by Mullen103

Flatcap wrote: Mullen is someone who has brexited the club but has stayed a remoaner. :-)

I did suggest it Flatcap, so I'll give the club credit for doing it.

I may go yes.

It'll always be the club i supported, so still care about it, its why i get so annoyed when things aren't done right by those portraying the club or trying to help it.

This is positive news so I support it, albeit it should be a tenner all the time in tinpot league 2, but thats not Carlisles fault

The following user(s) Liked this post:: tommycoleman1

• Waltero
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
23 Jan 2019 13:35 #73 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
I thought each club set their prices at the start of each season. I know they can have the odd "special". ??

More
23 Jan 2019 15:54 #74 by seesaw50

Flatcap wrote: Mullen is someone who has brexited the club but has stayed a remoaner. :-)

What? At them tinpot prices, doubt it!

More
23 Jan 2019 15:59 #75 by seesaw50

Mullen103 wrote:

I may go yes.

It'll always be the club i supported, so still care about it, its why i get so annoyed when things aren't done right by those portraying the club or trying to help it.

This is positive news so I support it, albeit it should be a tenner all the time in tinpot league 2, but thats not Carlisles fault

Hypocrite mullen....in your words yesterday, the club is tinpot, the league is tinpot, the footbal! Is shite.....but hey it's cheap so you might go.....just the sort of supporter every club wants....NOT.

Shakes head..( Got to be done)

More
23 Jan 2019 16:00 #76 by Mullen103

seesaw50 wrote:

What? At them tinpot prices, doubt it!

I'm going Seesaw, just for you!

I suggested something - a £10 ticket - whether it's coincidence or they read the board who knows but its in now for the MK game. I'm going to make the effort and go, who knows I might enjoy it and things improved from being tinpot I'm willing to give it a chance.

I've listened to you Seesaw I'm going to be happy!

More
23 Jan 2019 16:07 - 23 Jan 2019 16:08 #77 by Mullen103

seesaw50 wrote:

Mullen103 wrote:

I may go yes.

Hypocrite mullen....in your words yesterday, the club is tinpot, the league is tinpot, the footbal! Is shite.....but hey it's cheap so you might go.....just the sort of supporter every club wants....NOT.

You're never going to agree with me, so no point arguing with you, you won't let me know who you are (reveal yourself) so you come across as a bit of a keyboard warrior.

Correct, I said the football was tinpot, the club tinpot especially as prices £20 plus, not worth it. If you read the thread I suggested this is the reason others might not go also so suggested putting it down to £10. Got ridiculed for it on here yet its wonderful news now as the clubs done it.

I couldn't care less if I'm a hypocrite or not, you are in a way as you complain when i go and complain when i don't. I may go, looking likely lets hope things aren't such a hassle.

Seesaw you've won you've got me to go, as i say hopefully things have improved i'll go back!

Last edit: 23 Jan 2019 16:08 by Mullen103.

More
23 Jan 2019 17:08 #78 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
[censored] off Mullen. Are you honestly trying to claim that a ticket offer, which I'm pretty sure we do at least once a season and just about every other club also does is all down to you ?

You need to get your head checked, massive delusions of grandeur.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: cufcdeano, melbourneblues

More
23 Jan 2019 17:14 - 23 Jan 2019 17:15 #79 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

DeckchairBlue wrote: [censored] off Mullen. Are you honestly trying to claim that a ticket offer, which I'm pretty sure we do at least once a season and just about every other club also does is all down to you ?

Reading most of your posts Deckchair - pot, kettle, black?!?
Last edit: 23 Jan 2019 17:15 by munchymagic.

More
23 Jan 2019 17:14 #80 by Mullen103

DeckchairBlue wrote: [censored] off Mullen. Are you honestly trying to claim that a ticket offer, which I'm pretty sure we do at least once a season and just about every other club also does is all down to you ?

[censored] off yourself.

I've never said it was down to me at all! you're presuming. I said I suggested the same that was it.

Mush on another thread said I should take credit, I disagreed but said the board may read the board and likely a coincidence.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

More
23 Jan 2019 17:49 #81 by seesaw50

Mullen103 wrote:

seesaw50 wrote:

Mullen103 wrote:

I may go yes.

You're never going to agree with me, so no point arguing with you, you won't let me know who you are (reveal yourself) so you come across as a bit of a keyboard warrior.

Correct, I said the football was tinpot, the club tinpot especially as prices £20 plus, not worth it. If you read the thread I suggested this is the reason others might not go also so suggested putting it down to £10. Got ridiculed for it on here yet its wonderful news now as the clubs done it.

I couldn't care less if I'm a hypocrite or not, you are in a way as you complain when i go and complain when i don't. I may go, looking likely lets hope things aren't such a hassle.

Seesaw you've won you've got me to go, as i say hopefully things have improved i'll go back!

Keyboard warrior hahaha ..aren't we all to some extent...better than being a troll eh!.....I've no idea who anybody is on here, and can't see how it's relevant.
Get to the game, enjoy what the regulars have been seeing and stop bloody moaning. Things are in hand "Down at the club" give it a chance!

More
24 Jan 2019 19:12 #82 by CCU

Mullen103 wrote:

Mouldy wrote: We’ve never said we want to limit questions Mullen. Bumble has suggested it a few posts up but that’s the first time it’s been mentioned. We are there to ask questions submitted from tc.net posters, if your anonymous ones are from posters, great we’ll ask them. If not just drop us an email and we’ll take it from there. I think it’s perhaps the case they are all from you but you thought saying some were anon may take some criticism away from you for asking so many. Admittedly, I could be wrong and if I am, sorry.

I’m not in the slightest bothered about asking the questions and will continue to do so, but I stand by my comments that some aren’t relevant for CUSG meetings.

NS - correct, but this is the first time we’ve ran with the newly agreed question format. I don’t believe for one second you actually think the questions are sent, answers are provided (or not) and there’s no discussion in the meetings, so there’s always going to be some time expended. If we can reduce that by eliminating non relevant or repeated questions and some can be asked direct to groups - brilliant. If the groups aren’t responding, we’ll say that when they suggested contacting them direct.

Wherever this notion of us being in bed with the trust has come from, I can categorically say (on behalf of myself) there is not a single member of the trust board that I would join in bed. In an attempt to eliminate all doubt, I have no confidence in the trust as shareholders of Carlisle United or as fans representatives in their current guise. I think they fail on a number of levels to even function, let alone be productive.

I presumed, maybe wrongly, by CCU that only 3 would be asked. Apologies if wrong.

Yes the majority are from me, the ones labelled SL in the DSG section aren't, they are from my mate that can't see, after a discussion he's obviously not a poster on here. The one about promotion being a failure was another asked by him. The one about EWM/Sheridan/Curle was from a family member and not a poster on here.

Can you confirm if the questions submitted by myself will be asked?

It's quite obvious that the questions have caused some issue. Some embracing them like yourselves and the London branch, some like the trust criticising supporters for complaining and others not bothering to answer. Having them presented prior to the meetings is a good idea. From my list there are no general questions, more specific to a group with 4 being the most, which isn't a lot.

If there's any repetitive questions asked or any that you can answer go for it. I keep asking about the aim of the group as I've still no idea.

Are you emailing then Mullen? Nothing received yet.

At present you’ve only confirmed 3 questions are from yourself!

More
24 Jan 2019 19:22 #83 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

CCU wrote:

Mullen103 wrote:

Mouldy wrote: We’ve never said we want to limit questions Mullen. Bumble has suggested it a few posts up but that’s the first time it’s been mentioned. We are there to ask questions submitted from tc.net posters, if your anonymous ones are from posters, great we’ll ask them. If not just drop us an email and we’ll take it from there. I think it’s perhaps the case they are all from you but you thought saying some were anon may take some criticism away from you for asking so many. Admittedly, I could be wrong and if I am, sorry.

I’m not in the slightest bothered about asking the questions and will continue to do so, but I stand by my comments that some aren’t relevant for CUSG meetings.

NS - correct, but this is the first time we’ve ran with the newly agreed question format. I don’t believe for one second you actually think the questions are sent, answers are provided (or not) and there’s no discussion in the meetings, so there’s always going to be some time expended. If we can reduce that by eliminating non relevant or repeated questions and some can be asked direct to groups - brilliant. If the groups aren’t responding, we’ll say that when they suggested contacting them direct.

Wherever this notion of us being in bed with the trust has come from, I can categorically say (on behalf of myself) there is not a single member of the trust board that I would join in bed. In an attempt to eliminate all doubt, I have no confidence in the trust as shareholders of Carlisle United or as fans representatives in their current guise. I think they fail on a number of levels to even function, let alone be productive.

I presumed, maybe wrongly, by CCU that only 3 would be asked. Apologies if wrong.

Yes the majority are from me, the ones labelled SL in the DSG section aren't, they are from my mate that can't see, after a discussion he's obviously not a poster on here. The one about promotion being a failure was another asked by him. The one about EWM/Sheridan/Curle was from a family member and not a poster on here.

It's quite obvious that the questions have caused some issue. Some embracing them like yourselves and the London branch, some like the trust criticising supporters for complaining and others not bothering to answer. Having them presented prior to the meetings is a good idea. From my list there are no general questions, more specific to a group with 4 being the most, which isn't a lot.

If there's any repetitive questions asked or any that you can answer go for it. I keep asking about the aim of the group as I've still no idea.

This just sounds petty, I understand that you must follow protocol but couldn't Mullen just say that he has also thought the same questions as the other people and would like them asked himself - then you could just ask away.

Or what were the three questions and I will just se if I would like them asked and pose them myself?

More
24 Jan 2019 19:23 #84 by Mullen103

CCU wrote:

Mullen103 wrote:

Do you want an email too?

I’ve said further up where there from.

Majority me
3 from SL who is blind, so asked them for him.
1 from a family member that’s about EWM and Sheridan/curle - something like that.

More
24 Jan 2019 19:32 #85 by CCU
I’m not being deliberately arsey, merely trying to ensure as many get asked as possible.

You did say you’d email, but nothing has arrived, hence why I’ve posted the evening before the deadline.

Saying they’re from ‘SL’ and an uncle mean zero in terms of if they’re users of this messageboard (I appreciate SL is blind), which we’ve already explained why we need to know.

More
24 Jan 2019 19:37 - 24 Jan 2019 19:38 #86 by Mullen103

CCU wrote: I’m not being deliberately arsey, merely trying to ensure as many get asked as possible.

You did say you’d email, but nothing has arrived, hence why I’ve posted the evening before the deadline.

Saying they’re from ‘SL’ and an uncle mean zero in terms of if they’re users of this messageboard (I appreciate SL is blind), which we’ve already explained why we need to know.

I’ve emailed in, which says the same as on here.

If it’s easier just say all from me as no problem with that.

If it’s an issue pick the three chosen and those from SL as obviously he can’t post on here, but happy to be responsible for the questions.

You may not appear arsey but it is hard work.

Last edit: 24 Jan 2019 19:38 by Mullen103.

More
24 Jan 2019 19:38 #87 by seesaw50
Asking for a friend !! ??

More
24 Jan 2019 20:05 #88 by Mullen103

Mullen103 wrote:

CCU wrote: I’m not being deliberately arsey, merely trying to ensure as many get asked as possible.

I’ve emailed in, which says the same as on here.

If it’s easier just say all from me as no problem with that.

If it’s an issue pick the three chosen and those from SL as obviously he can’t post on here, but happy to be responsible for the questions.

You may not appear arsey but it is hard work.

Any decision?

More
24 Jan 2019 21:44 #89 by Mullen103
I think it’s obvious intentionally or not you’re bending over backwards to accommodate the trust and their no anonymous questions policy.

Not sure what’s taking so long for an answer but the reason I ask is maybe Munchy or others may want to ask one on my list you may leave out.

It’s obviously become an issue and a hassle to ask them, from the initial outset when you went and wanted questions to now making it awkward and following all the rules.

I await with great anticipation the minutes of the meeting and the mentions of rants, questions and others to appear. If it’s true they was a rant, no reason to disagree, it wasn’t added to the minutes, therefore why should you stick to the rules when others aren’t.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: I love jamesphillips

More
25 Jan 2019 00:20 - 25 Jan 2019 00:38 #90 by CCU
You couldn’t be further wrong.

Regarding the time taken to answer, again, we don’t live on here 24/7 (It feels like it at times mind!) and our names may appear to be ‘online’ when we’re not, that’s the joy of a Moderators Account showing as being on for longer than a normal User.

The first couple of Meetings that we took Questions to, they dominated proceedings. What should be a 2hr Meeting maximum, was turning into upwards of 3hrs and heading to 4hrs. We don’t mind attending on behalf of the Messageboard and it’s Users, but giving up 4hrs of my time, sometimes after a 12hr shift at work (Only occurred once so far thankfully) is a bloody long slog. That’s not a complaint by the way!

To combat this, we’ve formulated the plan that sees Questions collated in good time prior to a Meeting, we then send them on to all Groups in CUSG, any queries relating to the Questions are then raised in the actual Meeting, and answers then sent to us in time for the publication of the Minutes. This is relatively new, and should work better going forward.

The issue of anonymity was raised by more than the Trust. The Trust stated they wouldn’t answer questions from people they didn’t know. I then countered that although most questions may be from a Username, I personally take time to look up that Username in our database, to ensure that they are ‘real’. It was agreed that this was a fair compromise. We don’t reveal any real identities when discussing any of the Questions, unless this is specifically requested by the User asking. Some Users are known anyway, but not through any passing of personal information from ourselves.

As for non publication of Mouldy’s rant, we’ll be raising the issue of why it was barely mentioned in the last Minutes.

We’re as transparent as we can be with regards these CUSG Meetings, it’s up to other Member Groups how they play it.

As an example, I’ll be personally raising the issue of non-answering of Questions from last time. If some Groups don’t want to answer, fine, we can’t force them. But at least have the decency to say you won’t be. Such refusal will be read into by others how they see fit.

We can hold our hands up and say that we go to Meetings, represent our Users, ask their Questions and raise any issues they ask us to, and we’ll also answer anything that comes our way from other Groups...

Last edit: 25 Jan 2019 00:38 by CCU.

More
25 Jan 2019 00:40 #91 by pie
Replied by pie on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Cutting through an incredible amount of shite in this thread, good to see some decent questions being proposed. I look forward to seeing the responses and hats off to the mods who make it happen... how valuable it is who knows but they are only fulfilling the wishes of the majority of this forum who wanted representation and deserve a bit of credit for that.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

More
25 Jan 2019 08:18 #92 by Mullen103
I’ll agree to disagree.

Regarding the minutes, why is it that the clubs answers are in the minutes but others aren’t.

Still not answered how many of my questions are going to be asked?

More
25 Jan 2019 08:43 - 25 Jan 2019 08:44 #93 by CCU

Mullen103 wrote: Regarding the minutes, why is it that the clubs answers are in the minutes but others aren’t.

Because the Club answered the Questions in time for the Meeting, never mind the publication of the Minutes, something they indicated they’d prefer to do.

As we changed the timescales at the last Meeting, that’s why the answers from some Groups came after the publication. In future, any answers should be in by the time the Minutes are punished.

If they’re not, we’ll say so and ask for it be recorded.

Last edit: 25 Jan 2019 08:44 by CCU.

More
25 Jan 2019 08:55 #94 by Mullen103

CCU wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: Regarding the minutes, why is it that the clubs answers are in the minutes but others aren’t.

Because the Club answered the Questions in time for the Meeting, never mind the publication of the Minutes, something they indicated they’d prefer to do.

As we changed the timescales at the last Meeting, that’s why the answers from some Groups came after the publication. In future, any answers should be in by the time the Minutes are punished.

If they’re not, we’ll say so and ask for it be recorded.

Thank you

I have replied to your email and gave name and address details - happy to provide a telephone number if required. ID can be sent upon request.

I think its completely pathetic. A person in theory can set up an account on here with fake details, there's no way of knowing without asking for ID, yes you confirm an email address but that's it.

SL should of sufficed, but as it wasn't, i've provided details for you.

Are you asking for all usernames to provide ID or just given usernames?

More
25 Jan 2019 12:34 #95 by Mullen103
What’s the latest?

More
25 Jan 2019 12:45 #96 by Mullen103

Mullen103 wrote: What’s the latest?

Explained, email received, many thanks

• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Jan 2019 17:00 #97 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Thanks for your Questions folks.

List being compiled and forwarded.

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Feb 2019 15:21 - 01 Feb 2019 15:22 #98 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet
Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 15:22 by BoardAdmin.

More
01 Feb 2019 15:54 #99 by Mullen103
Thank you for asking mine and my friends questions - much kindness to you.

At first glance, I'm disappointed for the second time that the DSG hasn't answered the questions. It doesn't look good at all. I quite like Barry he's a nice bloke, polite and certainly don't have any vendetta against him it's only so things get done. I've been to committee meetings but gave up after 5, I didn't see the point and Barry was making decisions himself. I just don't see the point of this group or at least its not very productive.

They may be an email issue as people have tried to email re the DSG and haven't had any replies and also to join up. Its disappointing though as obviously Barry turned up to the meeting so must be communication somewhere.

NCs answers are fair. Apologies for getting the £21 wrong but he got the gist of what i was asking and the answers fair.

CUSAT - I know they used to have insurance, they must of stopped it. Obviously they don't have to publish their accounts but theres still talk of people within cusat profiting - who knows and i don't really care anymore.

The trust - Still don't get it.

More
01 Feb 2019 15:55 #100 by Mullen103
Just add - THe way it's been done Excellent!!

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.