CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

More
01 Feb 2019 15:57 #101 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

Mullen103 wrote: Just add - THe way it's been done Excellent!!

15 pages of A4 collated in total!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2019 16:01 #102 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

CCU wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: Just add - THe way it's been done Excellent!!

15 pages of A4 collated in total!

I've got 16 pages of A4 ready with questions for the next meeting ;)

Can we have yours and Mouldy thoughts of the meeting?

At least we’re not Stockport

More
01 Feb 2019 17:09 #103 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Were the Trust being serious when they said this about the club, or was it Billy saying it to Jim;
Also, and importantly, we believe the club has failed to adequately communicate with its fan base and that, in our opinion, leads to isolation and resentment in certain quarters.

More
01 Feb 2019 17:17 - 01 Feb 2019 17:24 #104 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Agree Mullen ...good format and best place to report on the official site.....but some responses do raise further questions

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 17:24 by seesaw50.

More
01 Feb 2019 17:21 #105 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Mouldy/CCU - has this meeting basically turned into a series of questions before the meeting, which responses are prepared before the meeting, to a meeting without any scrutiny, or are the responses reviewed? There does not appear to be any comments on any of the responses.
So, from being a "stagnant" meeting, it seems to have become a meeting at which nothing is discussed, or am I being unfair?

More
01 Feb 2019 17:22 #106 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
If you need to contact Barry, he is in the Study Centre from 1.30pm on Satuday match days.

More
01 Feb 2019 17:27 #107 by Mullen103

seesaw50 wrote: Agree Mullen ...good format and best place to report on the official site.....but some responses do raise further questions

You can ask them next time.

More
01 Feb 2019 17:48 #108 by Mullen103

Bumble wrote: If you need to contact Barry, he is in the Study Centre from 1.30pm on Satuday match days.

Yeah thanks but not always possible for instance if someone is caring for someone.

Someone’s going to look at Barry’s emails so hopefully there’s an issue and he’s just not ignoring people.

More
01 Feb 2019 17:56 #109 by seesaw50

Mullen103 wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: Agree Mullen ...good format and best place to report on the official site.....but some responses do raise further questions

You can ask them next time.

No that was your cue ...ask them where the £341-odd has come from for a start, and what's the plan for it. Locks needed I believe.

More
01 Feb 2019 18:01 #110 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
Glad the ‘new format’ working Ok. CCU and I certainly had far less to jam in on Monday and ultimately saw the meeting last just over 2 hours instead of over 3.

There was quite a bit of discussion about #8kformk and the club got credit where due. CUOSC mentioned they were ‘boosting’ a post on FB but weren’t including a link to buy tickets (which seemed an obvious one). I’ve since seen they’ve edited the post which is good - listening to improvements always goes down well.

A few folk round the table said some of the questions being asked were probing and perhaps unnecessary. I passed on my thoughts that answering them or giving a reason why they were not to answer them would go down better. Simon reminded all groups it was optional. CCU suggested that all questions asked were done in the same format - not just the ones compiled from here - I agree with that, not much discussion after it and would be surprised if that does happen. Seems to be a slight us and them feel from some groups - or I may be reading things wrong.

This meeting was a bit more snappy and points weren’t dwelled on as much, there was little digression but I still think it could be much better.

Really impressed with London Branch plans for their own fundraising in coming months - the Jimmy Glass beer is a great idea.

There was very little interest from anybody in filling the roles I proposed which makes me think most there don’t want to do much more than either tick boxes with fans or find out crack and have a natter. There certainly doesn’t seem to be anything else happening. I guess that as a group is slightly beneficial as club and fans still get talking. I just feel with a bit of structure, cash and organisation the group could actually tackle issues that impact on fans match day experiences and opinion of the club. Fair play to Terry who said he’d give a role a go, and Simon who has been doing the comms anyway.

I think Andy and Amy being away with work detracted from the meeting. They’re able to give good input on a number of club issues. Good to see two folk from R66 and CUSAT back round the table. CUOSC were quieter than usual.

R66 asked the club if they could arrange travel to games for fans from west Cumbria (with Reays, perhaps) which I found quite ironic. There was a bit of discussion about CUSAT and R66 being let down financially by folk not paying, or indeed potential under filling of coaches etc. Using PayPal or online payments at point of booking was suggested but both groups seemed very reluctant. Each to their own, but a no brainer to me.

Club safety advisory group are in early Feb to address capacity given alterations to disabled facilities and will discuss proposed development as worked on by Bumble and Barry, plus John Kukuc (CUOSC) and very briefly myself. These proposals were passed to the club (Mark Waller I think he’s called) a good while ago so glad there’s finally some movement.

all views my own

More
01 Feb 2019 18:05 #111 by Mouldy
To answer the above - the small amount of funds are left over from the pin badge fundraising carried out before we joined. £2k total raised, some used for Sunset memorabilia etc.

London Branch have spoken to Barry and have earmarked funds for the RADAR locks for disabled toilets. That’s why I feel a CUSG with funds is better suiting than a talking shop - look at what the London branch can do - £40 each for about 5/6 locks - nothing in reality so pity CUSG couldn’t just allocate funds to it when it was first raised.

all views my own
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

More
01 Feb 2019 18:28 #112 by Bumble

Mouldy wrote: Glad the ‘new format’ working Ok. CCU and I certainly had far less to jam in on Monday and ultimately saw the meeting last just over 2 hours instead of over 3.

There was very little interest from anybody in filling the roles I proposed which makes me think most there don’t want to do much more than either tick boxes with fans or find out crack and have a natter. There certainly doesn’t seem to be anything else happening. I guess that as a group is slightly beneficial as club and fans still get talking. I just feel with a bit of structure, cash and organisation the group could actually tackle issues that impact on fans match day experiences and opinion of the club. Fair play to Terry who said he’d give a role a go, and Simon who has been doing the comms anyway.

Thanks for the update Mouldy.

Re filling the positions; do you think you are looking in the right places?

By this I mean when the CUSG group was formed, as I understand it, those going to CUSG are on the committees of their own groups and as such will be spending their spare time already, doing the work needed to keep their own groups running. I would amagine few will have much extra spare time to take on other roles as well.

At the moment the CUSG is quite a narrow group and there will be many fans who aren't particularly involved in any group but may have the time and the inclination to help out. Is it time to widen CUSG out a bit so any Carlisle United fan could get invovled?

More
01 Feb 2019 18:37 - 01 Feb 2019 18:38 #113 by seesaw50
Yeah thanks for that Mouldy...on the success of the LB and all their initiatives, the reason they ARE successful is because they want to do it and have been doing it for nearly 45 years, while local fans squabble among themselves

Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 18:38 by seesaw50.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, howoldboy

More
01 Feb 2019 18:41 #114 by Mullen103
I agree Bumble, it’s why I keep asking what the point of the group is.

If it’s to have certain positions then it restricts it as you’ve mentioned people also have their own group to look after.

You could end up with a 100 people at the meeting.

It still feels like a knit & matter and if that’s what it is fair enough as nothing got done. If things are to be done seems daft limiting it to group leaders.

Maybe two meetings an action group to get things done and a natter group between each supporter group.

• thetashkentterror
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
01 Feb 2019 20:13 - 01 Feb 2019 20:14 #115 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

Mouldy wrote: To answer the above - the small amount of funds are left over from the pin badge fundraising carried out before we joined. £2k total raised, some used for Sunset memorabilia etc.

London Branch have spoken to Barry and have earmarked funds for the RADAR locks for disabled toilets. That’s why I feel a CUSG with funds is better suiting than a talking shop - look at what the London branch can do - £40 each for about 5/6 locks - nothing in reality so pity CUSG couldn’t just allocate funds to it when it was first raised.

I think you mean it's a pity the club couldn't just allocate funds to it when it was first raised.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 20:14 by thetashkentterror.

More
01 Feb 2019 20:38 #116 by Mouldy
Yeah I 100% agree Bumble.

My overall view on CUSG is that being an umbrella group for the other ‘supporters groups’ many of which aren’t actually supporters groups but a collection of fans that use the same bus, messageboard etc isn’t the right format.

Simple aim for CUSG in my eyes is - Get people round the table who want to be there and help however they can.

That’s not to say there isn’t a place for the current folk, but having a couple of people who can commit time to stuff they’re actually passionate about will always get better results.

Simon has mentioned a few times he’d like to eventually see the group broaden and his example was ‘a Warwick road’, ‘a paddock’ fan etc. All able to give feedback and suggestions relative to the area they watch the game. I personally think that’s already covered aptly by the current attendees as we all go in different stands, but the sentiment of broadening the group is definitely worth exploring. As long as we don’t end up needing to use foxy’s to seat everyone!

Tashy - yeah fair play the club 100% should just be sorting stuff like that as it’s their responsibility. Perhaps a bad example, but my point of fans helping make a difference for fans still applies. CUSG, in my view, should be exactly that. The irony is, CUSG is only actually needed because the ‘official supporters group’ who coincidentally own 25% of the club are so dysfunctional and simply cannot attract a large enough fans base to be fully representative.

all views my own

More
01 Feb 2019 21:02 #117 by Bumble
The locks thing is a tricky one.

I was involved in some charity work a few years ago and we had quite a few people saying they would love to donate but because most things we needed cost thousands they couldn't really help.

With that in mind we asked for sponsors to buy some small things, thinking we were giving more people the chance to be involved. However we got slated for asking for things we could have provided ourselves by having a raffle or such like.

So sometimes you just can't win.

• melbourneblues
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
01 Feb 2019 21:20 #118 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
You mentioned it becoming a bit of a them and us situation, I was thinking that reading the answers (or lack of answers in some cases), it sounds as if some of the groups are treating you with disdain and resenting you turning up every 6 weeks with awkward and probing questions.
Unless groups are actually willing to do some kind of work what’s the point? What do Route 66 and that scotch gadgee bring to the table exactly?

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

More
01 Feb 2019 22:26 #119 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
No slight on the mods but it seems to me the people who said it would be a waste of time going are being proved to be right. Be better off holding a monthly coffee morning.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: howoldboy, NORTHERNSOUL

More
01 Feb 2019 23:16 #120 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

Mouldy wrote: To answer the above - the small amount of funds are left over from the pin badge fundraising carried out before we joined. £2k total raised, some used for Sunset memorabilia etc.

Or better still the people who actually own the doors pay to have the relevant locks fitted I find it very ironic that one of them is actually a purveyor of locking products who should have been able to acquire at cost and have one of his skilled workforce fit them or then again uncle Andrew could have just donated a days interest on the 17.1 million.

More
01 Feb 2019 23:18 #121 by seesaw50
It seems quite orderly to me, but I think some on here thought it was another way of having a fans forum, without the fans being present. So you ask the usual questions trying to pull the club up on stuff, but not making suggestions on things that could be done to benefit the club. That's what supporters clubs do e.g. The LB.
It should not just be an outlet for sniping and probing questions.
Hopefully it's raison d'etre will morph into a constructive collective with the various fans groups finding a niche and playing a part under the umbrella.

Fair play to CUOSC for raising £500 with the choir event, that goes to the Youth Department!

More
02 Feb 2019 01:03 #122 by NORTHERNSOUL
Well I think Clibbins has dropped himself right in the shit there as I can be pretty sure that unless they've repeated their previous black arts trick of converting debt for shares, increasing debt owed to short term creditors [ not paying the bills on time ] as they've done in the past or come up with some other shonky accounting practice that they think people won't notice when they release the accounts 9 months out of date. The debt can't have failed to have risen a fact that he alludes to in at least 3 other places in those answers or is he really trying to get us to believe that income has risen considerably since the last accounting period.

More
02 Feb 2019 01:05 #123 by NORTHERNSOUL

seesaw50 wrote: It seems quite orderly to me, but I think some on here thought it was another way of having a fans forum, without the fans being present. So you ask the usual questions trying to pull the club up on stuff, but not making suggestions on things that could be done to benefit the club. That's what supporters clubs do e.g. The LB.
Hopefully it's raison d'etre will morph into a constructive collective with the various fans groups finding a niche and playing a part under the umbrella.

Fair play to CUOSC for raising £500 with the choir event, that goes to the Youth Department!

That would be the same Youth Department whos funding is the responsibility of the clubs owners is it ?

More
02 Feb 2019 08:08 #124 by Mouldy
I suppose that’s my view Melbourne. I get what Bumble is saying and that was in a round about way raised by CUSAT at the meeting.

In short the gist what they said was ‘we do a lot of sponsorship with the club, if we’re not doing that to support CUSG the club lose out’. Sort of misses the initial point of CUSG needs to fund raise - not divert funds already raised from groups into CUSG. That said, I got where they’re coming from.

On the us v them - it’s not as bad as when we first started going I don’t think. But there’s times when Myself or CCU are talking and you can see it on people’s faces that we aren’t exactly flavour of the month. I think a lot of it boils down to perceived criticisms of them, the club by anonymous people, and perhaps some that have stopped attending games - I think it’s seen as if they don’t have the right to an opinion now.

In my eyes, the folk who are no longer going to games are the exact ones you want to be talking to - that’s where your real feedback comes (as long as it is feedback and not just endless criticism with no real way to improve). Not everybody has stopped going because of the club ownership - admittedly the ones who have are probably a lost fan until ownership changes - the club do actually recognise that too.

I remember an email in response to the questions and answers thread a while back where we (the messageboard) were referred to as ‘the keyboard warriors’. I thought that a bit disrespectful. NC reiterated on Monday the reason he/the club were keen for us to be involved - wide range of fans that at the time weren’t getting represented at CUSG.

The ironic thing is, I reckon 75% of people who go tune into the board fairly regularly so we can’t be all that bad.

all views my own

More
02 Feb 2019 10:03 #125 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: It seems quite orderly to me, but I think some on here thought it was another way of having a fans forum, without the fans being present. So you ask the usual questions trying to pull the club up on stuff, but not making suggestions on things that could be done to benefit the club. That's what supporters clubs do e.g. The LB.

That would be the same Youth Department whos funding is the responsibility of the clubs owners is it ?

CUOSC are the 2nd biggest shareholder in the club are they not?

More
02 Feb 2019 10:17 #126 by DeckchairBlue
Thankyou for asking my question guys, appreciate it.

Two things that I keep seeming to see said by NC and CUOSC that I find annoying.

Whenever asked a question about anything in the past (even the recent past) Nigel seems to respond with "we can't change the past", that is true but it also shows a reluctance to learn from the mistakes made. He has now been in position for 2 1/2 years, so a there is plenty of time to have made changes.

The list they provided in response to what they have done to improve fans perceptions of the club/ownership,no don't think many if any of them actually improve our view of the owners, and the response of "we are aware" again just seems to dismiss fans sentiment towards them.

For CUOSC, they are struggling to wear 2 different hats. They are the 2nd biggest shareholder in the club, they can't criticise the club's ownership without accepting their share of that criticism. It might only be me but it annoys me when I see them say things about the Club, because as a shareholder and board members they are now "the Club" but they seem to want to be able to both he part of it and seperate so as to avoid criticism.

I agree with Seesaw, when reading the whole transcript of those questions a lot are the type that would be asked at a forum. Do you feel this is turning into a monthly fans forum with some other bits added on ?

More
02 Feb 2019 10:21 - 02 Feb 2019 10:24 #127 by CCU
In a word, no, because the Q’s aren’t mentioned at the Meeting now unless there’s any queries regarding any.

It’s all done by email as a side to what’s discussed around the table. It greatly reduces the length of the Meeting this way!

One thing I reiterated on Mon, was yes we do bring a lot of Q’s, but other Groups should be too? Wether their members don’t have any or they don’t ask them, that’s none of our business, but we attend knowing we actively ask if anyone has any and will happily be the middleman to do this for you lot.

Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 10:24 by CCU.

More
02 Feb 2019 10:32 #128 by DeckchairBlue
Fair enough. I still think it's a good idea for us to be there and appreciate you giving up your time to out views/questions across.

Venting our spleens and ranting in here is all well and good, but doesn't do a lot if the club aren't then informed of our views.

More
02 Feb 2019 10:40 - 02 Feb 2019 10:42 #129 by seesaw50
Free speech dictates that you have to ask the Qs , do you see a time where you mods will make a decision on the quality of some questions. As we know repetition can be king.
Meeting time seems to crop up a lot in your responses CCU, which is fine and pre sending questions will cut down on discussion time, so do you have a system to identify questions which may have been already covered previously, to avoid going over old ground month after month

Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 10:42 by seesaw50.

More
02 Feb 2019 12:23 - 02 Feb 2019 12:24 #130 by CCU
Length of Meeting does crop up a lot because it shouldn’t be lasting for 3 going towards 4 hours!

We try to apply a level of common sense, and if for example two questions were asked that were incredibly similar, we’d combine into one.

Some questions asked could maybe be asked direct to some Groups, but we get the impression they’re asked via here to ensure they get brought to the table openly.

Regarding non-answering, we can’t force others to reply, that’s their choice. It’s not our place to judge, we leave that to you lot!

We also always pass thanks on to those that do take the time to answer. Indeed the Club said in a previous Meeting that they would answer every question they received, Nigel Clibbens and Andy Hall have been excellent in this respect.

Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 12:24 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

More
02 Feb 2019 14:24 #131 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19

Mullen103 wrote: Thank you for asking mine and my friends questions - much kindness to you.

At first glance, I'm disappointed for the second time that the DSG hasn't answered the questions. It doesn't look good at all. I quite like Barry he's a nice bloke, polite and certainly don't have any vendetta against him it's only so things get done. I've been to committee meetings but gave up after 5, I didn't see the point and Barry was making decisions himself. I just don't see the point of this group or at least its not very productive.

They may be an email issue as people have tried to email re the DSG and haven't had any replies and also to join up. Its disappointing though as obviously Barry turned up to the meeting so must be communication somewhere.

NCs answers are fair. Apologies for getting the £21 wrong but he got the gist of what i was asking and the answers fair.

CUSAT - I know they used to have insurance, they must of stopped it. Obviously they don't have to publish their accounts but theres still talk of people within cusat profiting - who knows and i don't really care anymore.

The trust - Still don't get it.

Why don’t you ring up CUSAT and ask them yourself? The number is freely available. Or put on here on who you think is profiting.

More
02 Feb 2019 15:01 #132 by Mullen103

High Street wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: Thank you for asking mine and my friends questions - much kindness to you.

At first glance, I'm disappointed for the second time that the DSG hasn't answered the questions. It doesn't look good at all. I quite like Barry he's a nice bloke, polite and certainly don't have any vendetta against him it's only so things get done. I've been to committee meetings but gave up after 5, I didn't see the point and Barry was making decisions himself. I just don't see the point of this group or at least its not very productive.

They may be an email issue as people have tried to email re the DSG and haven't had any replies and also to join up. Its disappointing though as obviously Barry turned up to the meeting so must be communication somewhere.

NCs answers are fair. Apologies for getting the £21 wrong but he got the gist of what i was asking and the answers fair.

CUSAT - I know they used to have insurance, they must of stopped it. Obviously they don't have to publish their accounts but theres still talk of people within cusat profiting - who knows and i don't really care anymore.

The trust - Still don't get it.

Why don’t you ring up CUSAT and ask them yourself? The number is freely available. Or put on here on who you think is profiting.

There’s been rumours for years of people within cusat profiting from it.

For me I don’t really care if there’s truth in it or not but they had the opportunity to put it to bed.

I always thought cusat was cheap but I heard people complaining that it was expensive and why should money go towards sponsoring etc when it could go towards travel money and saving money that way.

You can’t please everyone I suppose but it gave cusat a chance to open up, which again they didn’t take for reasons specified.

More
02 Feb 2019 15:27 #133 by DeckchairBlue
You obviously do care or you wouldn't have asked.

CUSAT are an independent travel provider, they are free to charge what they like and then spend that on what they like. If people think they charge too much or don't agree with what the money is used for they are free to choose not to use them.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: howoldboy, seesaw50

More
02 Feb 2019 15:30 #134 by Mullen103
I think you tried to get me to name a name Highstreet to cause something but wasn’t to going to work.

Yes it true I’m obviously still bitter at cusat for how they treated my friend and still haven’t apologised to him but I’m also greatful for being able to use them previously many times and going to games I wouldn’t of been able to go. I had issues of people being sick on me on the bus and even kids, unaccompanied trying to set fire to seats near me and also expected to take a disabled supporter, whom I wasn’t looking after, home with me without being asked.

I probably should of made more of a fuss but put it down to it being a football coach. Why I was annoyed they refused my disabled friend to travel.

It’s however good to know no ones banned. I may let bygones be bygones and use them in the future but I still feel annoyed and unlikely that’ll happen.

When I used to travel with cusat happily there were people telling me that people within cusat were profiting from it. This was years ago and still goes on now. I’ve said before I’ve no idea but I thought I’d ask and gave cusat a chance to dispel them.

More
02 Feb 2019 15:35 #135 by Mullen103

DeckchairBlue wrote: You obviously do care or you wouldn't have asked.

CUSAT are an independent travel provider, they are free to charge what they like and then spend that on what they like. If people think they charge too much or don't agree with what the money is used for they are free to choose not to use them.

Yes I’d thought you’d think that. At the time of the question I probably did care in the answer but in the long run it doesn’t bother me.

Of course cusat can do what they want I suppose. I think it’s becsuse they use Carlisle United in their title causes issues with some. So be it.

More
02 Feb 2019 15:43 - 02 Feb 2019 16:47 #136 by Bumble
The thing is though Mullen, instead of ringing the CUSAT number and asking, you are repeating what you admit yourself is unsubstantiated rumour and gossip.

You have made it very clear you do not wish to travel with CUSAT.
You have made it clear you have had issues with CUSAT in the past.
You say you aren't interested in their answers despite going on an on and on about them.

I really don't understand why you have such an interest in something you keep telling us you have no interest in.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 16:47 by Bumble.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mouldy, DeckchairBlue, seesaw50

More
02 Feb 2019 15:54 - 02 Feb 2019 15:58 #137 by Mullen103
I won’t ring the cusat number because I asked for them to ring my friend and apologise and they never did!

I’m free to ask as many questions as I want. Possibly so others can see what organisation they are.

You obviously use them and friends/defend them I don’t and still want to question them and get answers to things I don’t get.

Just to make it clear I may not be interested in the profiting question but I certainly am to the others!

Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 15:58 by Mullen103.

More
02 Feb 2019 17:00 - 02 Feb 2019 17:00 #138 by seesaw50
But Mullen these are historic gripes which you should have persued further when they happened. Instead you voted with your feet and stopped using them which is fair enough...but as said stop bringing your gripes up time and time again. We get it and more importantly take heed of deckchairs post.

Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 17:00 by seesaw50.

More
02 Feb 2019 17:05 #139 by Mullen103

seesaw50 wrote: But Mullen these are historic gripes which you should have persued further when they happened. Instead you voted with your feet and stopped using them which is fair enough...but as said stop bringing your gripes up time and time again. We get it and more importantly take heed of deckchairs post.

I did and got no answers and no one replied to my calls or texts.

We keep getting told to forget the past but for some things it ain’t easy especially if you or someone you know been treat really badly.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

More
02 Feb 2019 18:36 #140 by High Street

Mullen103 wrote: I think you tried to get me to name a name Highstreet to cause something but wasn’t to going to work.

Yes it true I’m obviously still bitter at cusat for how they treated my friend and still haven’t apologised to him but I’m also greatful for being able to use them previously many times and going to games I wouldn’t of been able to go. I had issues of people being sick on me on the bus and even kids, unaccompanied trying to set fire to seats near me and also expected to take a disabled supporter, whom I wasn’t looking after, home with me without being asked.

I probably should of made more of a fuss but put it down to it being a football coach. Why I was annoyed they refused my disabled friend to travel.

It’s however good to know no ones banned. I may let bygones be bygones and use them in the future but I still feel annoyed and unlikely that’ll happen.

When I used to travel with cusat happily there were people telling me that people within cusat were profiting from it. This was years ago and still goes on now. I’ve said before I’ve no idea but I thought I’d ask and gave cusat a chance to dispel them.

So you don’t know anybody that profits from it and you won’t ask them directly yourself if anyone does?

As expected.

More
02 Feb 2019 18:44 - 02 Feb 2019 18:45 #141 by Mullen103

High Street wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: I think you tried to get me to name a name Highstreet to cause something but wasn’t to going to work.

So you don’t know anybody that profits from it and you won’t ask them directly yourself if anyone does?

As expected.

No I didn’t no, but I didn’t make the claims I simply asked the question via Cusg, in which cusat are a member, about income/expenditure. My question came about because I’d heard rumours previously/currently and wanted to know if there was any truth in it and cusat could publish their accounts to dispel. They didn’t, which they are entitled too, but may fuel the rumours more.

Cusat never bothered to answer any of my questions previously and wouldn’t answer the phone or texts so why should I bother this time.

You could of asked the lady about your claims you put on here recently but you never either - AS EXPECTED works both ways.

Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 18:45 by Mullen103.

More
02 Feb 2019 19:05 #142 by High Street
I have no idea what you’re on about. Please enlighten me.

More
02 Feb 2019 19:13 #143 by Mullen103

High Street wrote: I have no idea what you’re on about. Please enlighten me.

High street - You’re preaching about me making unstandiated claims about cusat, which I haven’t by the way, I just asked a question to see if there was any truth in the rumours I keep hearing and for cusat to dispel.

Recently high street in the Carlisle characters thread you posted claims you heard about a lady in Carlisle. I won’t repeat as the post was deleted.

So don’t you dare come on here giving it the odds about putting claims on about cusat and contacting them, which I never, when you yourself put on gossip you heard without asking the person. It’s hypocrisy at its highest!

More
02 Feb 2019 19:15 - 02 Feb 2019 19:18 #144 by DeckchairBlue
So in a nutshell you are using CUSG to air private grievances and rumours you've heard about CUSAT because you've had a tiff with them in the past that you can't get over.

You asked questions requesting details which you knew they wouldn't supply you with and they are under no obligation to either.

Yes they use Carlisle United in their name, because their primary activity is arranging away travel to Carlisle United games, what else are they going to call themselves ?

The only person it seems to cause problems to is you.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 19:18 by DeckchairBlue.

More
02 Feb 2019 19:16 - 02 Feb 2019 19:18 #145 by Bumble

Mullen103 wrote:

DeckchairBlue wrote: You obviously do care or you wouldn't have asked.

Yes I’d thought you’d think that. At the time of the question I probably did care in the answer but in the long run it doesn’t bother me.

Of course cusat can do what they want I suppose. I think it’s becsuse they use Carlisle United in their title causes issues with some. So be
it.

I wasn't going to comment but just can't get my head round this.

CUSAT - Carlisle United Supporters Away Travel - does what it says on the tin, takes Carlisle United Supporters to Away games.

Calling them Carlisle City, or Burnley would surely be a tad confusing. It doesn't say official, or the only, or Mullen's special.

Come on, stop digging.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 19:18 by Bumble.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: DeckchairBlue, seesaw50

More
02 Feb 2019 19:41 #146 by Mullen103
I asked cusat three questions, I can ask them what I want in theory.

Bumble - the lad that got refused travel guardian wanted to make a claim for disability discrimination. According to he’s associate the claim would be against Carlisle United football club because Carlisle United is the official trade mark and Carlisle United supporters away travel uses its name. I agree it’s completely odd but that’s what was suggested at the time. Nothing got done anyway as he didn’t want to claim.

A simple apology would of solved it but as it wasn’t forthcoming I’ll keep digging so to speak. I’ve no further questions for cusat now though!

More
02 Feb 2019 19:44 - 02 Feb 2019 19:46 #147 by seesaw50

Mullen103 wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: But Mullen these are historic gripes which you should have persued further when they happened. Instead you voted with your feet and stopped using them which is fair enough...but as said stop bringing your gripes up time and time again. We get it and more importantly take heed of deckchairs post.

I did and got no answers and no one replied to my calls or texts.

We keep getting told to forget the past but for some things it ain’t easy especially if you or someone you know been treat really badly.

I suppose if they were a corporate body they'd have a complaints procedure, they aren't, they're a group of fans putting on supporters buses.
As with everything it might depend on how you went about it. There are ways to complain. I don't know how you did that, but from what you say some kind of response should have been forth coming.
They aren't governed by rules, they aren't a club, as said just a group of people providing buses to away games. Plenty fans will have had no problems, I've been with them myself. Nothing simpler ring up book the places, pay cash on the bus.
However this now seems to have become a problem. (some fans not paying !!)

Time to move on

Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 19:46 by seesaw50.

More
02 Feb 2019 20:09 #148 by Mullen103

Mullen103 wrote: I asked cusat three questions, I can ask them what I want in theory.

Bumble - the lad that got refused travel guardian wanted to make a claim for disability discrimination. According to he’s associate the claim would be against Carlisle United football club because Carlisle United is the official trade mark and Carlisle United supporters away travel uses its name. I agree it’s completely odd but that’s what was suggested at the time. Nothing got done anyway as he didn’t want to claim.

A simple apology would of solved it but as it wasn’t forthcoming I’ll keep digging so to speak. I’ve no further questions for cusat now though!

Following on - I guess it would of been an issue for the club to argue but because it’s advertised as “Carlisle United” supporters away travel and advertised on the clubs website as such it would be the club in trouble.

As it was it was me that persuaded him/guardian not to make a claim because it’s more hassle than it’s worth.

Yes it’s old news but it still bothers him. No apology was forthcoming.

More
02 Feb 2019 20:49 - 02 Feb 2019 20:50 #149 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 28 Jan 19
To be fair to CUSAT they definatley are an independant group who else would allow some of their committie to hound one of our owners with a court case and alienate a large number of traveling blues whilst taking money off the club by competing for fans when official buses were run and not be otherwise .
Last edit: 02 Feb 2019 20:50 by Alan.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Dancingbear

More
02 Feb 2019 20:59 #150 by Mullen103

Alan wrote: To be fair to CUSAT they definatley are an independant group who else would allow some of their committie to hound one of our owners with a court case and alienate a large number of traveling blues whilst taking money off the club by competing for fans when official buses were run and not be otherwise .

Given the choice beteeen cusat and reays it’s cusat everytime but I know what your saying.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.