• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Dec 2018 17:00 #1 by BoardAdmin
CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18 was created by BoardAdmin
Hello folks,

As per previous threads, please let us know any questions/topics to raise at the upcoming CUSG meeting.

As per last time, we’ll stop taking any questions on the evening of Fri 14th, to enable us to sort through and send to the other parties. Again, this is done so as to lessen the time the Meeting takes!

Cheers!

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2018 17:25 #2 by united61
Replied by united61 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Ask the trust what they bring to the club because its not financial help.
Are they happy how the club being run if its no why don't they be more vocal.
Have they ever thought of selling any shares to raise money for the club.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

• thesilentone
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
10 Dec 2018 18:01 #3 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Perhaps ask why there is not more fundraising given the Clubs dire position.

Or, why do CUOSC ask for foodbank donations when one of the stakeholders has a turnover of almost £7.0m, with staff and related costs of £6.2m, property and estate costs of almost £400k, IT costs of over £60k and Other (not specified) costs of over £300k

Maybe a bit more effort for the Club would not be a bad idea..eh.

More
10 Dec 2018 18:21 #4 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
What time does the meeting start? I might come half hour so before it starts as need to see Andy Hall about something.

As you don’t any answers from the club on important I’ll ask questions about the groups.

To all groups

Are you happy with the state of the club? If so explain if not explain why and why you aren’t more vocal about it?

What are you most proud about your group and least proud?

Were you democratically chosen to be your CUSG representative, if not why not and what makes you the best person?

How have you(representative) helped Cusg and how has your group helped the group/club?

Is it possible to have a list of your groups committee/board members if applicable?

If your group was to be given 50k how would you spend it?

To London branch

It was stated recently you had a vote about whether to withdraw support due to the current ownership situation? Why did this come about and do you plan holding another vote?

The trust

Are you involved with the planning of next season? If so do you expect more cost cutting?

What’s your opinion of John Jackson, what does he bring to the holdings meetings?

Following on from a previous question, what do our non executive directors specifically do. What’s your opinion on them?

From the outside it seems you’re happy to be associated with our owners and have to take the criticism such as the poor state of the ground, poor disabled facilities and poor state of the team? Again why are you happy being on the board and associated with this god awful show?

CUsat

Could we have the income/expenditure(profit/loss) for the last 5 seasons along with the amount of money the groups given to the club?

Number of people banned from traveling each season for the last 5 seasons?

What does your insurance, to cover postponements cover? How is this passed onto travelers?

Disabled group

What changes have you proposed to help disabled supporters and have you received any issues from the club on suggestions?

The club

Why did Nigel Clibbens leave Huddersfield? What made him come to Carlisle?

What do you most like about your position, what do you least like?

To the chairmen Simon

What is your background, what made you want to get involved?

Cheers

At least we’re not Stockport

More
10 Dec 2018 19:23 #5 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Good note

I think it could be summed up in one sentence

‘Are you happy with the status quo and if not,what are you prepared to do to change things?’

The latest newsletter from the Trust is all about regurgitating the history of the Trust.Not sure how if anything this history lesson can help because the 25.4pc block is one of the several reasons why this Club cannot move on.Instead it is stuck with a capital structure which is designed to inhibit raising long term cash but under the control of those who have no cash!

More
10 Dec 2018 19:38 #6 by Moylesey
Replied by Moylesey on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Well it will be one version of the history of the trust.

Be interesting to see if it’s a write or a rewrite of history. Looking forward to episode two...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

More
10 Dec 2018 19:40 #7 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
CUOSC seem to be more of a charity fundraising organisation these days as opposed to an organisation who is able to raise money for the cause it was set up for. They’ve barely raised a bean in all the years they’ve existed, instead seemingly more interested in helping local charities. All very admirable but not really what they’re there for.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003

More
10 Dec 2018 19:56 #8 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Exactly-they need to reappraise what they stand and exist for like all solid institutions.Pity the f....g Conservative Party couldn’t do it too!

More
10 Dec 2018 21:11 #9 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
You dont seriously expect answers to all those questions do you Mullen?.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

More
10 Dec 2018 21:13 #10 by Mullen103

Dancingbear wrote: You dont seriously expect answers to all those questions do you Mullen?.

Yes, I think there all reasonable questions?

Which one(s) do you think won’t get answered.

More
10 Dec 2018 21:22 #11 by Dancingbear
Ive removed the ones that seem reasonable and could be answered.

To all groups

Were you democratically chosen to be your CUSG representative, if not why not and what makes you the best person?

How have you(representative) helped Cusg and how has your group helped the group/club?

Is it possible to have a list of your groups committee/board members if applicable?

The trust

Are you involved with the planning of next season? If so do you expect more cost cutting?

What’s your opinion of John Jackson, what does he bring to the holdings meetings?

Following on from a previous question, what do our non executive directors specifically do. What’s your opinion on them?

CUsat

Could we have the income/expenditure(profit/loss) for the last 5 seasons along with the amount of money the groups given to the club?

Number of people banned from traveling each season for the last 5 seasons?

What does your insurance, to cover postponements cover? How is this passed onto travelers?

Disabled group

The club

Why did Nigel Clibbens leave Huddersfield? What made him come to Carlisle?

What do you most like about your position, what do you least like?

To the chairmen Simon

What is your background, what made you want to get involved?

More
10 Dec 2018 21:46 - 11 Dec 2018 06:12 #12 by Mullen103

Dancingbear wrote: Ive removed the ones that seem reasonable and could be answered.

To all groups

Asked because it will show the specific group in a good light of what they thought they did well and how they can improve on something not so good.

Were you democratically chosen to be your CUSG representative, if not why not and what makes you the best person? Reasonable question, because really all groups representative should be voted upon rather than chosen, in some cases by the club or other groups, that it becomes a nice cosy meeting instead of what it should be a q/a which the messageboard reps have done to be fair.

Simple question, nothing unreasonable there that can’t be answered.

Nothing unreasonable, will see if people have fingers in different pies.

Reasonable question, would the groups use it to improve their group, facilities or give it straight to the club?

The trust

The trust say that they are financial challenges, what they doing to help with this with future planning.

We don’t hear anything from EWM. The trust attend meetings and supposedly represent supporters, therefore we want to know what the trust opinion of him is.

Again with above, from the trusts opinion are they helping the club or hindering.

CUsat

Could we have the income/expenditure(profit/loss) for the last 5 seasons along with the amount of money the groups given to the club? Reasonable question. Cusat say they are not for profit so prove it. If they do make a profit, what do they do with it. It also goes against what the club say in that there’s no money to be made in away travel. Maybe there is if it’s ran right.

Number of people banned from traveling each season for the last 5 seasons? Just intrigued. Nothing wrong with the question just a number required.

What does your insurance, to cover postponements cover? How is this passed onto Travelers. Intrigued as I think it’s a good idea, want to know how it works and who benefits as I travelled to an away game Bury a few seasons ago and paid full price, but heard people mention from cusat they’d get money back threw insurance. As a traveler I didn’t get anything although I didn’t go to the rearranged game as that may have been free travel.

Disabled group

The club

Why did Nigel Clibbens leave Huddersfield? What made him come to Carlisle? Reasonable question, why did he leave and what made him fancy the challenge here.

What do you most like about your position, what do you least like? Like the group question what’s good about your job, what’s hard. It’s not a catch me out question it may be enjoy football hate the travelling.

To the chairmen Simon

What is your background, what made you want to get involved? Nothing against Simon but he seems to be involved in everything. What does he think he can bring that others can’t, what’s he’s background in helping groups and why has he got involved.

Whether they will be answered is another thing, but I don’t think any is unreasonable. It says more about the group if they don’t answer it.

Last edit: 11 Dec 2018 06:12 by CCU. Reason: Highlight extra text

More
10 Dec 2018 21:57 #13 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Question to all the panel.

I think personally the running of the football club is a total embarrassment is there anything around the club embarrasses you?

More
10 Dec 2018 22:25 #14 by Dancingbear
Its like Blind date with Mouldy and CCU playing Cilla.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

More
10 Dec 2018 22:31 #15 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18

Dancingbear wrote: Its like Blind date with Mouldy and CCU playing Cilla.

I’m Graham the voiceover whereas Mouldy is Cilla...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

More
11 Dec 2018 00:09 #16 by cousinscotty
Replied by cousinscotty on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18

CCU wrote:

Given that Cilla has been dead a while, it's more likely to be her that is mouldy...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, CCU, howoldboy, Dancingbear

More
11 Dec 2018 07:34 #17 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Can anyone go to these meetings only I don't think I'll be washing my hair on Monday

More
11 Dec 2018 07:53 #18 by moose
Replied by moose on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Would it not be easier if everyone went round to Mullen's house and had the meeting there?

If not can someone arrange to wank him off round the back of the Neil Sports Centre before the meeting?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue

More
11 Dec 2018 08:21 #19 by Mullen103

moose wrote: Would it not be easier if everyone went round to Mullen's house and had the meeting there?

If not can someone arrange to wank him off round the back of the Neil Sports Centre before the meeting?

Is that the place where wanking off occurs, bit odd, too cold in this weather.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

More
11 Dec 2018 12:20 #20 by Croydonblue
Replied by Croydonblue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
The wank*rs are generally in the board room.

More
11 Dec 2018 12:34 #21 by Mullen103

Mullen103 wrote:

moose wrote: Would it not be easier if everyone went round to Mullen's house and had the meeting there?

Is that the place where wanking off occurs, bit odd, too cold in this weather.

Although thinking about it, it might explain why wheelchair users are getting stuck on the path.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: howoldboy

More
11 Dec 2018 12:55 #22 by Mullen103
I don’t go to the meetings, doubt I would anyway, but I wanted to see Andy Hall but will have to be another time as this Mondays no good.

Welcome to use my house, I put on a good spread!

More
11 Dec 2018 16:41 #23 by Lakelandterrier
Replied by Lakelandterrier on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Has the club in the last 10 years ever loaned money to a Board member?

Cumbrian and Proud
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

More
11 Dec 2018 17:00 #24 by Waltero
If they have Lakeland there'll definitely be an NDA on it
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Lakelandterrier

More
13 Dec 2018 06:43 #25 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Ask the trust to give an answer as to why the club ignored the fans unanimous vote over the chequeandtrade trophy fiasco and why they didn't do more to represent the fans views.

The age old questions too:
Why are the fans groups not more proactive raising money?

Why are the trust as bad at communicating (If not worse) than the board?

What are the longer term plans for the club? A five year plan - including enticing new fans, generating money, seeking investment and developing the ground. Not to mention on field aspirations.

Also, can the trust please get to the bottom of the EWM involvement and find out their plans too?

All these meetings and no news. It is like the civil service or parliament. So many positions and bugger all being done.

More
13 Dec 2018 08:33 #26 by CCU
A 5yr Plan was asked about at the last Meeting Pete.

What is the Club’s 5 Year Plan?

Plan is for everyone to work together to make the Club viable, successful and sustainable and a club we can all be proud of. 5 year plans in football are quickly outdated due to the unpredictable nature of the game.

www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2018/novem...ber-meeting-minutes/

More
13 Dec 2018 09:25 #27 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
That is a Clibbens answer. We need a plan. Just read an article in WSC about noon league club Heybridge swifts I think they were called. They have a great long term vision and plan and it is bearing fruit in a very competitive local football scene. A good plan works.

• thesilentone
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
13 Dec 2018 11:25 #28 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18

CCU wrote: A 5yr Plan was asked about at the last Meeting Pete.

What is the Club’s 5 Year Plan?

Plan is for everyone to work together to make the Club viable, successful and sustainable and a club we can all be proud of. 5 year plans in football are quickly outdated due to the unpredictable nature of the game.

www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2018/novem...ber-meeting-minutes/

Which he (they) should not be allowed to do, every business needs a plan. Of course events change things, but unless there is some sort of shared objective, you are doing nothing but floundering around.

Perhaps this is the crux of the problem, they either do not have the ability to put a plan together or fear having something measurable in place.

More
13 Dec 2018 11:38 #29 by Waltero
I think it's a mixture of both plus incompetence from the clowns dragging to club towards oblivion

More
13 Dec 2018 12:52 - 13 Dec 2018 12:54 #30 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
It's good to ask the club and trust questions but is it not a waste of time? Nothing what the fans want happens or some questions just get fobbed off with a Clibbens esc answer. Until they finally let someone takeover the club we're wasting our time and energy.
Last edit: 13 Dec 2018 12:54 by Mush.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Lakelandterrier, Waltero, nobbyblue

More
13 Dec 2018 21:39 #31 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Ok serious question which just requires a Yes or No answer from Nigel Clibbens or Holdsworth........
Will money be made available to strengthen in January.
Thank you

Apologies if already asked, haven't read the whole thread

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

More
14 Dec 2018 08:19 #32 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18

seesaw50 wrote: Ok serious question which just requires a Yes or No answer from Nigel Clibbens or Holdsworth........
Will money be made available to strengthen in January.
Thank you

Apologies if already asked, haven't read the whole thread

Answer. We haven't got any money to spend in January, but if we can ship a few out the board may let us bring some loanees in.

More
14 Dec 2018 16:49 #33 by seesaw50
It's like dealing with Junker and Tusk.....or any number of our own politicians. Smoke and mirrors and double speak.

• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Dec 2018 22:00 #34 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Thanks for those folks!

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

More
17 Dec 2018 22:16 #35 by seesaw50
Wonder how it went/is going

More
17 Dec 2018 22:28 #36 by Dancingbear
If theyre asking all of Mullens questions itll be about a third of the way through.

More
17 Dec 2018 22:54 #37 by Mullen103

Dancingbear wrote: If theyre asking all of Mullens questions itll be about a third of the way through.

They get sent beforehand.

More
17 Dec 2018 23:06 #38 by CCU
Just a touch over 3hrs tonight...

More
18 Dec 2018 17:33 #39 by PADDOCK
Replied by PADDOCK on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Any answers worth telling us about or was it the usual swerving and avoiding real answers?

More
18 Dec 2018 17:36 #40 by Dancingbear

PADDOCK wrote: Any answers worth telling us about or was it the usual swerving and avoiding real answers?

Mullen chose the Scottish supporter and their date is at the Halston tomorrow night.

More
18 Dec 2018 17:47 #41 by Mullen103

Dancingbear wrote:

PADDOCK wrote: Any answers worth telling us about or was it the usual swerving and avoiding real answers?

Mullen chose the Scottish supporter and their date is at the Halston tomorrow night.

Haven’t got the answers yet DB so haven’t made my mind up.

But going by Clibbens tweet today, he might be the front runner ;)

More
18 Dec 2018 17:58 #42 by Dancingbear

Mullen103 wrote:

Dancingbear wrote:

Haven’t got the answers yet DB so haven’t made my mind up.

But going by Clibbens tweet today, he might be the front runner ;)

Hope your not waiting for our Grahams (CCUs) recap ;)

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, CCU

More
18 Dec 2018 18:56 #43 by seesaw50
Holdsworth and Clibbens just been on North News...Holdsworth said they're looking at some possible new faces.
That'll do for me, they must have found some dosh down the back of the boardroom sofa, or Keith's old desk.

• I love jamesphillips
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
18 Dec 2018 19:43 #44 by I love jamesphillips
Replied by I love jamesphillips on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18

CCU wrote:

I’ve got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

More
18 Dec 2018 20:27 #45 by Moylesey
Replied by Moylesey on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
Surprised and disappointed that the minutes are taking so long to appear...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, CCU, Alan

• melbourneblues
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
18 Dec 2018 20:32 #46 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
To be fair I was just thinking the same.

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Alan

More
18 Dec 2018 20:38 #47 by seesaw50
Please don't get Mullen started

More
18 Dec 2018 20:58 #48 by Mullen103

seesaw50 wrote: Please don't get Mullen started

Minutes! Shouid be called infinite’s the amount of time it takes.

More
19 Dec 2018 08:37 #49 by Lakelandterrier
Replied by Lakelandterrier on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 17 Dec 18
The club directors have to read through them first.

Cumbrian and Proud

More
19 Dec 2018 09:14 #50 by CCU

Lakelandterrier wrote: The club directors have to read through them first.

No they don’t...

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.