CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

More
08 Nov 2018 19:04 #101 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote: There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

We do not give a rats cock about the crap that you claim takes three hours to type up.

We just wanted the answers to the questions that people asked, you can come up with the essay that nobody cares about later - nobody cared about the other stuff greatly or they would have asked those pertinent questions already.

In this day of social media where we can get stuff out really quickly then ten minutes could have answered the questions asked on this forum but instead it sounds like a mix of we are too busy for this shit/we dare not upset anyone in case they say that they say that their statement was misconstrued and we need it signed off.

Grow a pair and tell them your statement of intent and not what they want to 'bully' you into.

Bit harsh on CCU and Mouldy I guess as the other two are very vocal on the opinion front on here but absent all of the time at these forums.

Two are bigger gobshites than Holdsworth himself and that is saying something - why sign up to be a moderator and get involved in this sort of thing and be half arsed then boys?

If you are not representing those wank ers then break rank of their shackles if they are restraining you or become another freeloading SP.


As has already been explained to you, a 2.5 hour journey twice is 5 hours + a 3 hour meeting = 8 hours. Coupled with the fact we all work full time anyway... Add in losing a day's pay (£140) and a tank of fuel (£40).

Mouldy and CCU are more than happy to attend not just on my behalf, but on the entire messageboard's behalf.

If you're that desperate to have your point of view put across with an immediate response why don't you attend one of the annual fans forums? I refuse to accept work commitments as an excuse if its not a good enough excuse for me...


Again, you are missing the point Mike.

I could wait forever to read anyones questions being answered, just the fact that it happened on Monday and they are 'telling' you not to release any info till Friday unless it is misconstrued but in reality if anything is misunderstood or anything then it is hardly going to end up in court is it?

It is old news that they have demanded that you wait to release till they have doctored it sounds more appropriate.

Pandering to the biggest waste of space in the whole history of the word trust doesn't sit well with me, Barry is right, waste of time unless you get your demands spelt out to them.

Licking the arse of those who lick Jenkins arse is a step backwards in my eyes.


So you're saying the meetings are a waste of time, but are bemoaning the fact myself and MerseysideBlue don't "waste" 8 hours on said "waste of time"?
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 19:20 #102 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote: There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

We do not give a rats cock about the crap that you claim takes three hours to type up.

We just wanted the answers to the questions that people asked, you can come up with the essay that nobody cares about later - nobody cared about the other stuff greatly or they would have asked those pertinent questions already.

In this day of social media where we can get stuff out really quickly then ten minutes could have answered the questions asked on this forum but instead it sounds like a mix of we are too busy for this shit/we dare not upset anyone in case they say that they say that their statement was misconstrued and we need it signed off.

Grow a pair and tell them your statement of intent and not what they want to 'bully' you into.

Bit harsh on CCU and Mouldy I guess as the other two are very vocal on the opinion front on here but absent all of the time at these forums.

Two are bigger gobshites than Holdsworth himself and that is saying something - why sign up to be a moderator and get involved in this sort of thing and be half arsed then boys?

If you are not representing those wank ers then break rank of their shackles if they are restraining you or become another freeloading SP.


As has already been explained to you, a 2.5 hour journey twice is 5 hours + a 3 hour meeting = 8 hours. Coupled with the fact we all work full time anyway... Add in losing a day's pay (£140) and a tank of fuel (£40).

Mouldy and CCU are more than happy to attend not just on my behalf, but on the entire messageboard's behalf.

If you're that desperate to have your point of view put across with an immediate response why don't you attend one of the annual fans forums? I refuse to accept work commitments as an excuse if its not a good enough excuse for me...


Again, you are missing the point Mike.

I could wait forever to read anyones questions being answered, just the fact that it happened on Monday and they are 'telling' you not to release any info till Friday unless it is misconstrued but in reality if anything is misunderstood or anything then it is hardly going to end up in court is it?

It is old news that they have demanded that you wait to release till they have doctored it sounds more appropriate.

Pandering to the biggest waste of space in the whole history of the word trust doesn't sit well with me, Barry is right, waste of time unless you get your demands spelt out to them.

Licking the arse of those who lick Jenkins arse is a step backwards in my eyes.


So you're saying the meetings are a waste of time, but are bemoaning the fact myself and MerseysideBlue don't "waste" 8 hours on said "waste of time"?


The meetings are obviously a waste of time for yourself and your chum, that is for sure.

The only way for you to make them not a waste of time is to use your privileged position and perhaps forsake 1 x £140 and another 1 x £40 and get to enjoy telling them how things should be and if you don't have the bollocks to do so then add someone like Mullen onto your moderator list as you seem scared to break protocol that wouldn't even scratch the pages of the Evening News And Star ffs.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 19:25 #103 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Im happy with how its gone so far. You cant just change a groups constitution because you want to, things dont work like that. Maybe after a few meetings it may be decided that it was a waste of time but so far weve been represented at no expense to any of us apart from those whove attended and asked questions on our behalf. Getting a answer 3 or 4 days later is a lot better than not getting one at all.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan, Arragorn, Mouldy
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 19:26 #104 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
I wouldn’t go Munchy and if I did I’d get thrown out for breaking protocol.

I thought the messageboard reps would do things different but like other sheep as soon as they become involved somehow they change as scared to miss out/upset however you put it and have to abide by rules/policies and protocols.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 19:35 #105 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 20:12 - 08 Nov 2018 20:16 #106 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Dancingbear wrote: Im happy with how its gone so far. You cant just change a groups constitution because you want to, things dont work like that. Maybe after a few meetings it may be decided that it was a waste of time but so far weve been represented at no expense to any of us apart from those whove attended and asked questions on our behalf. Getting a answer 3 or 4 days later is a lot better than not getting one at all.


I agree DB although I voted against the forum attending these meetings but now we are in there we may as well use it as a vehicle to get our voices heard (not that I think they will listen) and only time will tell if we can get changes done within what appears to be a closed shop.
I appreciate frustrations at the time-frame it takes to get the minutes of the meeting on here but a balls out let's blurt it out first attitude will only lead to the forum being blackballed from meetings and that is going against what the majority wanted.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2018 20:16 by Alan.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Profpieman, DeckchairBlue, Dancingbear
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 20:24 #107 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Don't you think it's you munchy that's getting the wrong end of the stick. The supporters groups attending these meetings (on our behalf, in their own time) have decided, as a group, that that's the way reporting back will be done. That's what they've agreed.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 20:27 #108 by Profpieman
Replied by Profpieman on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Same old faces complaining eh, If they won 20 million on the lottery they would complain the bloke the week before won 25.
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 20:53 #109 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Alan wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: Im happy with how its gone so far. You cant just change a groups constitution because you want to, things dont work like that. Maybe after a few meetings it may be decided that it was a waste of time but so far weve been represented at no expense to any of us apart from those whove attended and asked questions on our behalf. Getting a answer 3 or 4 days later is a lot better than not getting one at all.


I agree DB although I voted against the forum attending these meetings but now we are in there we may as well use it as a vehicle to get our voices heard (not that I think they will listen) and only time will tell if we can get changes done within what appears to be a closed shop.
I appreciate frustrations at the time-frame it takes to get the minutes of the meeting on here but a balls out let's blurt it out first attitude will only lead to the forum being blackballed from meetings and that is going against what the majority wanted.


TBF theres meetings i go to your lucky to get minutes before the next meeting.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 20:54 #110 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Nodding dogs.

Laz was right at the weekend for bombing this shit off, this site will end up morphing into a brain washing trust 'love in'.

Fewer people are going to games and you get fewer people on here.

Sad times.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 21:24 - 08 Nov 2018 21:27 #111 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote: There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

We do not give a rats cock about the crap that you claim takes three hours to type up.

We just wanted the answers to the questions that people asked, you can come up with the essay that nobody cares about later - nobody cared about the other stuff greatly or they would have asked those pertinent questions already.

In this day of social media where we can get stuff out really quickly then ten minutes could have answered the questions asked on this forum but instead it sounds like a mix of we are too busy for this shit/we dare not upset anyone in case they say that they say that their statement was misconstrued and we need it signed off.

Grow a pair and tell them your statement of intent and not what they want to 'bully' you into.

Bit harsh on CCU and Mouldy I guess as the other two are very vocal on the opinion front on here but absent all of the time at these forums.

Two are bigger gobshites than Holdsworth himself and that is saying something - why sign up to be a moderator and get involved in this sort of thing and be half arsed then boys?

If you are not representing those wank ers then break rank of their shackles if they are restraining you or become another freeloading SP.


As has already been explained to you, a 2.5 hour journey twice is 5 hours + a 3 hour meeting = 8 hours. Coupled with the fact we all work full time anyway... Add in losing a day's pay (£140) and a tank of fuel (£40).

Mouldy and CCU are more than happy to attend not just on my behalf, but on the entire messageboard's behalf.

If you're that desperate to have your point of view put across with an immediate response why don't you attend one of the annual fans forums? I refuse to accept work commitments as an excuse if its not a good enough excuse for me...


Again, you are missing the point Mike.

I could wait forever to read anyones questions being answered, just the fact that it happened on Monday and they are 'telling' you not to release any info till Friday unless it is misconstrued but in reality if anything is misunderstood or anything then it is hardly going to end up in court is it?

It is old news that they have demanded that you wait to release till they have doctored it sounds more appropriate.

Pandering to the biggest waste of space in the whole history of the word trust doesn't sit well with me, Barry is right, waste of time unless you get your demands spelt out to them.

Licking the arse of those who lick Jenkins arse is a step backwards in my eyes.


So you're saying the meetings are a waste of time, but are bemoaning the fact myself and MerseysideBlue don't "waste" 8 hours on said "waste of time"?


The meetings are obviously a waste of time for yourself and your chum, that is for sure.

The only way for you to make them not a waste of time is to use your privileged position and perhaps forsake 1 x £140 and another 1 x £40 and get to enjoy telling them how things should be and if you don't have the bollocks to do so then add someone like Mullen onto your moderator list as you seem scared to break protocol that wouldn't even scratch the pages of the Evening News And Star ffs.


If you truly believe that I can bring something else to the table that Mouldy and CCU can not, how about you put your money where your mouth is? If you give me the £180, I will happily go, if it will make you happy. On the topic of "having the bollocks" you still haven't revealed why you haven't attended fans forums to get your point across? In fact, CUSG have a very broad range of supporters groups, maybe set one up yourself and get your point across that way, attending these meetings yourself?
Last edit: 08 Nov 2018 21:27 by cufcmike.
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 21:39 #112 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Profpieman wrote: Same old faces complaining eh, If they won 20 million on the lottery they would complain the bloke the week before won 25.


I'd want my two pun back if that happened to me.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 22:06 #113 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote: There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

We do not give a rats cock about the crap that you claim takes three hours to type up.

We just wanted the answers to the questions that people asked, you can come up with the essay that nobody cares about later - nobody cared about the other stuff greatly or they would have asked those pertinent questions already.




In this day of social media where we can get stuff out really quickly then ten minutes could have answered the questions asked on this forum but instead it sounds like a mix of we are too busy for this shit/we dare not upset anyone in case they say that they say that their statement was misconstrued and we need it signed off.

Grow a pair and tell them your statement of intent and not what they want to 'bully' you into.

Bit harsh on CCU and Mouldy I guess as the other two are very vocal on the opinion front on here but absent all of the time at these forums.

Two are bigger gobshites than Holdsworth himself and that is saying something - why sign up to be a moderator and get involved in this sort of thing and be half arsed then boys?

If you are not representing those wank ers then break rank of their shackles if they are restraining you or become another freeloading SP.


As has already been explained to you, a 2.5 hour journey twice is 5 hours + a 3 hour meeting = 8 hours. Coupled with the fact we all work full time anyway... Add in losing a day's pay (£140) and a tank of fuel (£40).

Mouldy and CCU are more than happy to attend not just on my behalf, but on the entire messageboard's behalf.

If you're that desperate to have your point of view put across with an immediate response why don't you attend one of the annual fans forums? I refuse to accept work commitments as an excuse if its not a good enough excuse for me...


Again, you are missing the point Mike.

I could wait forever to read anyones questions being answered, just the fact that it happened on Monday and they are 'telling' you not to release any info till Friday unless it is misconstrued but in reality if anything is misunderstood or anything then it is hardly going to end up in court is it?

It is old news that they have demanded that you wait to release till they have doctored it sounds more appropriate.

Pandering to the biggest waste of space in the whole history of the word trust doesn't sit well with me, Barry is right, waste of time unless you get your demands spelt out to them.

Licking the arse of those who lick Jenkins arse is a step backwards in my eyes.


So you're saying the meetings are a waste of time, but are bemoaning the fact myself and MerseysideBlue don't "waste" 8 hours on said "waste of time"?


The meetings are obviously a waste of time for yourself and your chum, that is for sure.

The only way for you to make them not a waste of time is to use your privileged position and perhaps forsake 1 x £140 and another 1 x £40 and get to enjoy telling them how things should be and if you don't have the bollocks to do so then add someone like Mullen onto your moderator list as you seem scared to break protocol that wouldn't even scratch the pages of the Evening News And Star ffs.


If you truly believe that I can bring something else to the table that Mouldy and CCU can not, how about you put your money where your mouth is? If you give me the £180, I will happily go, if it will make you happy. On the topic of "having the bollocks" you still haven't revealed why you haven't attended fans forums to get your point across? In fact, CUSG have a very broad range of supporters groups, maybe set one up yourself and get your point across that way, attending these meetings yourself?


Mentally able fortunately but not physically able to attend to answer your question.

Hopefully in the future I may be in the position to attend as I can imagine that I would really enjoy it.

As for you asking me to fund the privilege of you attending the meeting that you were invited to go to that you reneged on - go [censored] yourself you cheeky [censored], who the [censored] do you think you are?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: howoldboy, Croydonblue
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 22:11 #114 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
I dont think your doing very well here Munchy old pal.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 22:13 #115 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Dancingbear wrote: I dont think your doing very well here Munchy old pal.


Don't really care mate, it'll be just you and Seesaw bantering on to each other on here soon as everyone else has buggered off.
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 22:14 #116 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
If only it was easy to say...aye maybe i'm wrong on this one.
Tirades are becoming all too frequent on here !

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The topic has been locked.
More
08 Nov 2018 23:49 #117 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote: There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

We do not give a rats cock about the crap that you claim takes three hours to type up.

We just wanted the answers to the questions that people asked, you can come up with the essay that nobody cares about later - nobody cared about the other stuff greatly or they would have asked those pertinent questions already.




In this day of social media where we can get stuff out really quickly then ten minutes could have answered the questions asked on this forum but instead it sounds like a mix of we are too busy for this shit/we dare not upset anyone in case they say that they say that their statement was misconstrued and we need it signed off.

Grow a pair and tell them your statement of intent and not what they want to 'bully' you into.

Bit harsh on CCU and Mouldy I guess as the other two are very vocal on the opinion front on here but absent all of the time at these forums.

Two are bigger gobshites than Holdsworth himself and that is saying something - why sign up to be a moderator and get involved in this sort of thing and be half arsed then boys?

If you are not representing those wank ers then break rank of their shackles if they are restraining you or become another freeloading SP.


As has already been explained to you, a 2.5 hour journey twice is 5 hours + a 3 hour meeting = 8 hours. Coupled with the fact we all work full time anyway... Add in losing a day's pay (£140) and a tank of fuel (£40).

Mouldy and CCU are more than happy to attend not just on my behalf, but on the entire messageboard's behalf.

If you're that desperate to have your point of view put across with an immediate response why don't you attend one of the annual fans forums? I refuse to accept work commitments as an excuse if its not a good enough excuse for me...


Again, you are missing the point Mike.

I could wait forever to read anyones questions being answered, just the fact that it happened on Monday and they are 'telling' you not to release any info till Friday unless it is misconstrued but in reality if anything is misunderstood or anything then it is hardly going to end up in court is it?

It is old news that they have demanded that you wait to release till they have doctored it sounds more appropriate.

Pandering to the biggest waste of space in the whole history of the word trust doesn't sit well with me, Barry is right, waste of time unless you get your demands spelt out to them.

Licking the arse of those who lick Jenkins arse is a step backwards in my eyes.


So you're saying the meetings are a waste of time, but are bemoaning the fact myself and MerseysideBlue don't "waste" 8 hours on said "waste of time"?


The meetings are obviously a waste of time for yourself and your chum, that is for sure.

The only way for you to make them not a waste of time is to use your privileged position and perhaps forsake 1 x £140 and another 1 x £40 and get to enjoy telling them how things should be and if you don't have the bollocks to do so then add someone like Mullen onto your moderator list as you seem scared to break protocol that wouldn't even scratch the pages of the Evening News And Star ffs.


If you truly believe that I can bring something else to the table that Mouldy and CCU can not, how about you put your money where your mouth is? If you give me the £180, I will happily go, if it will make you happy. On the topic of "having the bollocks" you still haven't revealed why you haven't attended fans forums to get your point across? In fact, CUSG have a very broad range of supporters groups, maybe set one up yourself and get your point across that way, attending these meetings yourself?


Mentally able fortunately but not physically able to attend to answer your question.

Hopefully in the future I may be in the position to attend as I can imagine that I would really enjoy it.

As for you asking me to fund the privilege of you attending the meeting that you were invited to go to that you reneged on - go [censored] yourself you cheeky [censored], who the [censored] do you think you are?


Sad to hear you're physically unable, facilities for disabled fans are a pressing issue and I'm sure you'd have some decent stuff to contribute to assist the club going forward. That is of course if you tried acting like a grown up and working with others rather than throwing insults and stamping your feet because you don't like being asked to put your money where your mouth is and show if you have the male genitalia to attend or not. Most normal fans realise £180 and 8 hours out of someones time is a bit of an ask.

Its fine, the minutes will be released tomorrow. Just one more sleep!
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 00:04 - 09 Nov 2018 00:05 #118 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
For a moderator you are surprisingly out of touch.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2018 00:05 by howoldboy. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 00:11 #119 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote: There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

We do not give a rats cock about the crap that you claim takes three hours to type up.

We just wanted the answers to the questions that people asked, you can come up with the essay that nobody cares about later - nobody cared about the other stuff greatly or they would have asked those pertinent questions already.




In this day of social media where we can get stuff out really quickly then ten minutes could have answered the questions asked on this forum but instead it sounds like a mix of we are too busy for this shit/we dare not upset anyone in case they say that they say that their statement was misconstrued and we need it signed off.

Grow a pair and tell them your statement of intent and not what they want to 'bully' you into.

Bit harsh on CCU and Mouldy I guess as the other two are very vocal on the opinion front on here but absent all of the time at these forums.

Two are bigger gobshites than Holdsworth himself and that is saying something - why sign up to be a moderator and get involved in this sort of thing and be half arsed then boys?

If you are not representing those wank ers then break rank of their shackles if they are restraining you or become another freeloading SP.


As has already been explained to you, a 2.5 hour journey twice is 5 hours + a 3 hour meeting = 8 hours. Coupled with the fact we all work full time anyway... Add in losing a day's pay (£140) and a tank of fuel (£40).

Mouldy and CCU are more than happy to attend not just on my behalf, but on the entire messageboard's behalf.

If you're that desperate to have your point of view put across with an immediate response why don't you attend one of the annual fans forums? I refuse to accept work commitments as an excuse if its not a good enough excuse for me...


Again, you are missing the point Mike.

I could wait forever to read anyones questions being answered, just the fact that it happened on Monday and they are 'telling' you not to release any info till Friday unless it is misconstrued but in reality if anything is misunderstood or anything then it is hardly going to end up in court is it?

It is old news that they have demanded that you wait to release till they have doctored it sounds more appropriate.

Pandering to the biggest waste of space in the whole history of the word trust doesn't sit well with me, Barry is right, waste of time unless you get your demands spelt out to them.

Licking the arse of those who lick Jenkins arse is a step backwards in my eyes.


So you're saying the meetings are a waste of time, but are bemoaning the fact myself and MerseysideBlue don't "waste" 8 hours on said "waste of time"?


The meetings are obviously a waste of time for yourself and your chum, that is for sure.

The only way for you to make them not a waste of time is to use your privileged position and perhaps forsake 1 x £140 and another 1 x £40 and get to enjoy telling them how things should be and if you don't have the bollocks to do so then add someone like Mullen onto your moderator list as you seem scared to break protocol that wouldn't even scratch the pages of the Evening News And Star ffs.


If you truly believe that I can bring something else to the table that Mouldy and CCU can not, how about you put your money where your mouth is? If you give me the £180, I will happily go, if it will make you happy. On the topic of "having the bollocks" you still haven't revealed why you haven't attended fans forums to get your point across? In fact, CUSG have a very broad range of supporters groups, maybe set one up yourself and get your point across that way, attending these meetings yourself?


Mentally able fortunately but not physically able to attend to answer your question.

Hopefully in the future I may be in the position to attend as I can imagine that I would really enjoy it.

As for you asking me to fund the privilege of you attending the meeting that you were invited to go to that you reneged on - go [censored] yourself you cheeky [censored], who the [censored] do you think you are?


Sad to hear you're physically unable, facilities for disabled fans are a pressing issue and I'm sure you'd have some decent stuff to contribute to assist the club going forward. That is of course if you tried acting like a grown up and working with others rather than throwing insults and stamping your feet because you don't like being asked to put your money where your mouth is and show if you have the male genitalia to attend or not. Most normal fans realise £180 and 8 hours out of someones time is a bit of an ask.

Its fine, the minutes will be released tomorrow. Just one more sleep!


I might be, but where did I say I was disabled at any time, not being a snowflake about this but please explain your words?!?
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 00:12 #120 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

howoldboy wrote: For a moderator you are surprisingly out of touch.


I didn't realise moderators were traditionally known to be "in touch"?
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 00:14 #121 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote: There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

We do not give a rats cock about the crap that you claim takes three hours to type up.

We just wanted the answers to the questions that people asked, you can come up with the essay that nobody cares about later - nobody cared about the other stuff greatly or they would have asked those pertinent questions already.




In this day of social media where we can get stuff out really quickly then ten minutes could have answered the questions asked on this forum but instead it sounds like a mix of we are too busy for this shit/we dare not upset anyone in case they say that they say that their statement was misconstrued and we need it signed off.

Grow a pair and tell them your statement of intent and not what they want to 'bully' you into.

Bit harsh on CCU and Mouldy I guess as the other two are very vocal on the opinion front on here but absent all of the time at these forums.

Two are bigger gobshites than Holdsworth himself and that is saying something - why sign up to be a moderator and get involved in this sort of thing and be half arsed then boys?

If you are not representing those wank ers then break rank of their shackles if they are restraining you or become another freeloading SP.


As has already been explained to you, a 2.5 hour journey twice is 5 hours + a 3 hour meeting = 8 hours. Coupled with the fact we all work full time anyway... Add in losing a day's pay (£140) and a tank of fuel (£40).

Mouldy and CCU are more than happy to attend not just on my behalf, but on the entire messageboard's behalf.

If you're that desperate to have your point of view put across with an immediate response why don't you attend one of the annual fans forums? I refuse to accept work commitments as an excuse if its not a good enough excuse for me...


Again, you are missing the point Mike.

I could wait forever to read anyones questions being answered, just the fact that it happened on Monday and they are 'telling' you not to release any info till Friday unless it is misconstrued but in reality if anything is misunderstood or anything then it is hardly going to end up in court is it?

It is old news that they have demanded that you wait to release till they have doctored it sounds more appropriate.

Pandering to the biggest waste of space in the whole history of the word trust doesn't sit well with me, Barry is right, waste of time unless you get your demands spelt out to them.

Licking the arse of those who lick Jenkins arse is a step backwards in my eyes.


So you're saying the meetings are a waste of time, but are bemoaning the fact myself and MerseysideBlue don't "waste" 8 hours on said "waste of time"?


The meetings are obviously a waste of time for yourself and your chum, that is for sure.

The only way for you to make them not a waste of time is to use your privileged position and perhaps forsake 1 x £140 and another 1 x £40 and get to enjoy telling them how things should be and if you don't have the bollocks to do so then add someone like Mullen onto your moderator list as you seem scared to break protocol that wouldn't even scratch the pages of the Evening News And Star ffs.


If you truly believe that I can bring something else to the table that Mouldy and CCU can not, how about you put your money where your mouth is? If you give me the £180, I will happily go, if it will make you happy. On the topic of "having the bollocks" you still haven't revealed why you haven't attended fans forums to get your point across? In fact, CUSG have a very broad range of supporters groups, maybe set one up yourself and get your point across that way, attending these meetings yourself?


Mentally able fortunately but not physically able to attend to answer your question.

Hopefully in the future I may be in the position to attend as I can imagine that I would really enjoy it.

As for you asking me to fund the privilege of you attending the meeting that you were invited to go to that you reneged on - go [censored] yourself you cheeky [censored], who the [censored] do you think you are?


Sad to hear you're physically unable, facilities for disabled fans are a pressing issue and I'm sure you'd have some decent stuff to contribute to assist the club going forward. That is of course if you tried acting like a grown up and working with others rather than throwing insults and stamping your feet because you don't like being asked to put your money where your mouth is and show if you have the male genitalia to attend or not. Most normal fans realise £180 and 8 hours out of someones time is a bit of an ask.

Its fine, the minutes will be released tomorrow. Just one more sleep!


I might be, but where did I say I was disabled at any time, not being a snowflake about this but please explain your words?!?


The bit where you said "physically unable" to attend.
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 00:16 #122 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
This board properly fu cksme off, lazy moderators having a pop at me because I am physically unable to attend the meetings.

Jog on you [censored] having a go at me because I am physically unable to attend when your motives are driven by money - ever heard of taking a day off to attend then or is this unheard of from a lazy scouser?
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 00:25 #123 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
CUFC Mike - the moderator that does [censored] all apart from insult people, oh and avoiding meetings like the plague.

Probably best that you do not attend really as you would just embarrass yourself with your faux Brookside accent - tosser.
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 00:27 #124 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote: There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

We do not give a rats cock about the crap that you claim takes three hours to type up.

We just wanted the answers to the questions that people asked, you can come up with the essay that nobody cares about later - nobody cared about the other stuff greatly or they would have asked those pertinent questions already.




In this day of social media where we can get stuff out really quickly then ten minutes could have answered the questions asked on this forum but instead it sounds like a mix of we are too busy for this shit/we dare not upset anyone in case they say that they say that their statement was misconstrued and we need it signed off.

Grow a pair and tell them your statement of intent and not what they want to 'bully' you into.

Bit harsh on CCU and Mouldy I guess as the other two are very vocal on the opinion front on here but absent all of the time at these forums.

Two are bigger gobshites than Holdsworth himself and that is saying something - why sign up to be a moderator and get involved in this sort of thing and be half arsed then boys?

If you are not representing those wank ers then break rank of their shackles if they are restraining you or become another freeloading SP.


As has already been explained to you, a 2.5 hour journey twice is 5 hours + a 3 hour meeting = 8 hours. Coupled with the fact we all work full time anyway... Add in losing a day's pay (£140) and a tank of fuel (£40).

Mouldy and CCU are more than happy to attend not just on my behalf, but on the entire messageboard's behalf.

If you're that desperate to have your point of view put across with an immediate response why don't you attend one of the annual fans forums? I refuse to accept work commitments as an excuse if its not a good enough excuse for me...


Again, you are missing the point Mike.

I could wait forever to read anyones questions being answered, just the fact that it happened on Monday and they are 'telling' you not to release any info till Friday unless it is misconstrued but in reality if anything is misunderstood or anything then it is hardly going to end up in court is it?

It is old news that they have demanded that you wait to release till they have doctored it sounds more appropriate.

Pandering to the biggest waste of space in the whole history of the word trust doesn't sit well with me, Barry is right, waste of time unless you get your demands spelt out to them.

Licking the arse of those who lick Jenkins arse is a step backwards in my eyes.


So you're saying the meetings are a waste of time, but are bemoaning the fact myself and MerseysideBlue don't "waste" 8 hours on said "waste of time"?


The meetings are obviously a waste of time for yourself and your chum, that is for sure.

The only way for you to make them not a waste of time is to use your privileged position and perhaps forsake 1 x £140 and another 1 x £40 and get to enjoy telling them how things should be and if you don't have the bollocks to do so then add someone like Mullen onto your moderator list as you seem scared to break protocol that wouldn't even scratch the pages of the Evening News And Star ffs.


If you truly believe that I can bring something else to the table that Mouldy and CCU can not, how about you put your money where your mouth is? If you give me the £180, I will happily go, if it will make you happy. On the topic of "having the bollocks" you still haven't revealed why you haven't attended fans forums to get your point across? In fact, CUSG have a very broad range of supporters groups, maybe set one up yourself and get your point across that way, attending these meetings yourself?


Mentally able fortunately but not physically able to attend to answer your question.

Hopefully in the future I may be in the position to attend as I can imagine that I would really enjoy it.

As for you asking me to fund the privilege of you attending the meeting that you were invited to go to that you reneged on - go [censored] yourself you cheeky [censored], who the [censored] do you think you are?


Sad to hear you're physically unable, facilities for disabled fans are a pressing issue and I'm sure you'd have some decent stuff to contribute to assist the club going forward. That is of course if you tried acting like a grown up and working with others rather than throwing insults and stamping your feet because you don't like being asked to put your money where your mouth is and show if you have the male genitalia to attend or not. Most normal fans realise £180 and 8 hours out of someones time is a bit of an ask.

Its fine, the minutes will be released tomorrow. Just one more sleep!


I might be, but where did I say I was disabled at any time, not being a snowflake about this but please explain your words?!?


The bit where you said "physically unable" to attend.


Being unable at a certain period of time then makes you disabled then, explain yourself?!?
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 00:48 #125 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
I think you should maybe take a few days off...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CookieThumper
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 03:19 - 09 Nov 2018 04:34 #126 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

munchymagic wrote: There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

We do not give a rats cock about the crap that you claim takes three hours to type up.

We just wanted the answers to the questions that people asked, you can come up with the essay that nobody cares about later - nobody cared about the other stuff greatly or they would have asked those pertinent questions already.




In this day of social media where we can get stuff out really quickly then ten minutes could have answered the questions asked on this forum but instead it sounds like a mix of we are too busy for this shit/we dare not upset anyone in case they say that they say that their statement was misconstrued and we need it signed off.

Grow a pair and tell them your statement of intent and not what they want to 'bully' you into.

Bit harsh on CCU and Mouldy I guess as the other two are very vocal on the opinion front on here but absent all of the time at these forums.

Two are bigger gobshites than Holdsworth himself and that is saying something - why sign up to be a moderator and get involved in this sort of thing and be half arsed then boys?

If you are not representing those wank ers then break rank of their shackles if they are restraining you or become another freeloading SP.


As has already been explained to you, a 2.5 hour journey twice is 5 hours + a 3 hour meeting = 8 hours. Coupled with the fact we all work full time anyway... Add in losing a day's pay (£140) and a tank of fuel (£40).

Mouldy and CCU are more than happy to attend not just on my behalf, but on the entire messageboard's behalf.

If you're that desperate to have your point of view put across with an immediate response why don't you attend one of the annual fans forums? I refuse to accept work commitments as an excuse if its not a good enough excuse for me...


Again, you are missing the point Mike.

I could wait forever to read anyones questions being answered, just the fact that it happened on Monday and they are 'telling' you not to release any info till Friday unless it is misconstrued but in reality if anything is misunderstood or anything then it is hardly going to end up in court is it?

It is old news that they have demanded that you wait to release till they have doctored it sounds more appropriate.

Pandering to the biggest waste of space in the whole history of the word trust doesn't sit well with me, Barry is right, waste of time unless you get your demands spelt out to them.

Licking the arse of those who lick Jenkins arse is a step backwards in my eyes.


So you're saying the meetings are a waste of time, but are bemoaning the fact myself and MerseysideBlue don't "waste" 8 hours on said "waste of time"?


The meetings are obviously a waste of time for yourself and your chum, that is for sure.

The only way for you to make them not a waste of time is to use your privileged position and perhaps forsake 1 x £140 and another 1 x £40 and get to enjoy telling them how things should be and if you don't have the bollocks to do so then add someone like Mullen onto your moderator list as you seem scared to break protocol that wouldn't even scratch the pages of the Evening News And Star ffs.


If you truly believe that I can bring something else to the table that Mouldy and CCU can not, how about you put your money where your mouth is? If you give me the £180, I will happily go, if it will make you happy. On the topic of "having the bollocks" you still haven't revealed why you haven't attended fans forums to get your point across? In fact, CUSG have a very broad range of supporters groups, maybe set one up yourself and get your point across that way, attending these meetings yourself?


Mentally able fortunately but not physically able to attend to answer your question.

Hopefully in the future I may be in the position to attend as I can imagine that I would really enjoy it.

As for you asking me to fund the privilege of you attending the meeting that you were invited to go to that you reneged on - go [censored] yourself you cheeky [censored], who the [censored] do you think you are?


Sad to hear you're physically unable, facilities for disabled fans are a pressing issue and I'm sure you'd have some decent stuff to contribute to assist the club going forward. That is of course if you tried acting like a grown up and working with others rather than throwing insults and stamping your feet because you don't like being asked to put your money where your mouth is and show if you have the male genitalia to attend or not. Most normal fans realise £180 and 8 hours out of someones time is a bit of an ask.

Its fine, the minutes will be released tomorrow. Just one more sleep!


But theres quite clearly a good number on here who don't want you working with them in the boards and therefore their name and would much prefer you told them where to stick their talking shop and started to arrange some direct action with a view to removing Jenkins and his bum chums and arselickers from the club and then the board really could put itself to good use by being involved in the rightful owners the fans owning and running the football club.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2018 04:34 by BoardAdmin. Reason: Fixed quote
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 06:19 #127 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 07:09 #128 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
I’ve stated quiet on the topic until now but given that only myself and CCU have attended the meetings I thought I’d shed some light on my take.

We chat for at least 2.5-3 hours with groups claiming to represent supporters. At most, each other group asks 1 or 2, usually team related questions. CUSAT once asked ‘any signings imminent’. We have asked upwards of 10/12 questions each week and discussed them at length. I do not know the previous meeting lengths as we were not there, but given a few comments in the build up last week, it sounds like it’s our involvement that’s adding time. I see there being two reasons for that:

1) we are bringing more to the table - physically more questions being asked and answered.

2) we are making a conscious effort to question, challenge and give constructive input on all topics where relevant.

This week the agenda point of ‘Communication’ was added to the proposed agenda by CCU. That was with the aim of discussing why communications aren’t clearer, more consistent through the group and to ask the vast quantity of questions we had received. In our third meeting, we have ‘changed the protocol’ and had the majority of the meeting spent on asking and receiving answers to the questions from this forum.

Mullen, you asked a vast amount of questions. Questions I don’t think you really expected an answer to and were asking them in the hope of getting an answer and drilling home the fact that you are not happy with the ownership of the club. For somebody who says it’s not about the questions/answers, you certainly asked a few.

Munch, I get where you’re coming from but I simply disagree that that’s the way to go about things - it seems a few are of the same opinion. Not sure where you have got the impression from if being a trust event - it’s far from it. If you feel we aren’t contributing anything, I can take that on board and try harder next time.

NS, I’m not surprised you disagree, but again, I just can’t see the merit in wasting this opportunity to get points discussed with the club, other fans groups and aim towards change. CUSG is not set up with the iron clad aim to remove ownership, unfortunately. Perhaps you could set wheels in motion for that if you feel strongly about it. I for one see merit in having a place at the CUSG table and think it will downline be a good thing.

Let me be crystal clear on my feelings of CUSG. It is currently not working as well as it should for the fans or for the club. In the three meetings I’ve attended, I have raised this point consistently throughout. There is not enough progress, there’s too much pondering and chin wagging. It needs to be concise, efficient and see progression and a close to discussion points. However, with a couple of tweaks, I genuinely do think it can make things better for fans and improve links to the club. I don’t expect CUSG to hire and fire directors, playing staff and club employees, but I do expect CUSG to provide accurate feedback from fans directly to the club. I do expect CUSG to continue to work to make fans experience at Brunton Park better. I do expect CUSG to look to raise funds and benefit things around BP for the fans and to push the club to match the spending in the same, or other areas of the ground. I do expect CUSG to continue to divide opinion between supporters - that is life when you’re involved with anything CUFC!

I will certainly ask on 17th December if minutes can be published in a shorter time. I do not expect that to be done, purely because of the majority of the group working and having a life outside of CUFC related matters.

I don’t expect to please everybody all of the time by attending CUSG meetings and I can see why some folk are upset by us going if it isn’t with the intention to cause issues for the ownership of the club and for the other groups. Can we try to be more constructive on the topic, though? There’s 5 moderators and only CCU and myself live locally. It’s a push for me to get to the meetings for 6 due to work, let alone two who live 2/2.5 hours away and one who would have to get at least one plane!

all views my own
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bumble, CCU, Arragorn, Moylesey, Flatcap and 4 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 08:33 #129 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Don't know about anyone else, but my reason for not wanting the message board attending the meetings was twofold.
First that they are a talking shop which achieves nothing, mainly by the likes of NC lying, blocking things and waffling endlessly. I think Mouldy's comments intimate he thinks along similar lines, but want to try and change things. Fair play for that, but I suspect it will end up like Mike's attempts to reform the Trust from within.
Secondly, that the Club are censoring the minutes, and this was why they were taking so long to come out. I note CCU says they go to all who attend, but the club do not have the right to correct them. The two statements (unless I have picked them up wrong) do not add up, but happy for CCU to comment.
It should not take 5 days for the minutes to come out, and I quite like reading them, but for entertainment value, not because I think anything will have been achieved.
If they are factual minutes, there is no scope for them to be wrong. I hold/attend a number of design team and site meetings, and we do not get sent advance copies of minutes, which just makes this scenario a bit iffy.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 08:38 #130 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Correct Mouldy I asked questions and intrigued by the answers/silence but I can wait for the answers, that’s not what I’m complaining about.

I was complaining about the fact you have to remain completely silent, something CCU has complained at the trust about, due to the group policy otherwise you’ll be chastised.

I’m glad questions are being asked from here, as previously I agree it was just a chin wag with nothing going on and that’s what it’s about and you’ve stirred the pot up. But stir it up some more.

I don’t see anything wrong, as mentioned above, with giving a quick update after the meeting on agenda items, who attended and when the minutes are likely to come out as this info wasn’t available until someone asked.

At least we’re not Stockport
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 08:45 - 09 Nov 2018 08:46 #131 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

CarlisleWhite wrote: Don't know about anyone else, but my reason for not wanting the message board attending the meetings was twofold.
First that they are a talking shop which achieves nothing, mainly by the likes of NC lying, blocking things and waffling endlessly. I think Mouldy's comments intimate he thinks along similar lines, but want to try and change things. Fair play for that, but I suspect it will end up like Mike's attempts to reform the Trust from within.
Secondly, that the Club are censoring the minutes, and this was why they were taking so long to come out. I note CCU says they go to all who attend, but the club do not have the right to correct them. The two statements (unless I have picked them up wrong) do not add up, but happy for CCU to comment.
It should not take 5 days for the minutes to come out, and I quite like reading them, but for entertainment value, not because I think anything will have been achieved.
If they are factual minutes, there is no scope for them to be wrong. I hold/attend a number of design team and site meetings, and we do not get sent advance copies of minutes, which just makes this scenario a bit iffy.


What I mean there CW, is that some folk appear to believe the minutes take so long as the Club ‘doctor’ them.

That isn’t the case. What was meant was the note taker sends them out, then we check with our own notes made and request any adjustments - the meeting note taker does their best but may occasionally not catch something for example.

Any member of CUSG can do so, be it us, a Club Official or any other Member.

Hope that clears that up?

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 09 Nov 2018 08:46 by CCU.
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 08:53 #132 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Mullen103 wrote: Correct Mouldy I asked questions and intrigued by the answers/silence but I can wait for the answers, that’s not what I’m complaining about.

I was complaining about the fact you have to remain completely silent, something CCU has complained at the trust about, due to the group policy otherwise you’ll be chastised.

I’m glad questions are being asked from here, as previously I agree it was just a chin wag with nothing going on and that’s what it’s about and you’ve stirred the pot up. But stir it up some more.

I don’t see anything wrong, as mentioned above, with giving a quick update after the meeting on agenda items, who attended and when the minutes are likely to come out as this info wasn’t available until someone asked.


CUSG will obviously take longer to produce their minutes as there’s several constituent members have to make sure they feel they are a true record of discussion. It’s also an agreed process from the Members.

CUOSC have been historically slow to comment on many occasions when things have happened at the Club.

Completely seperate issues to me!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 12:00 #133 by CCU
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 12:33 #134 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

CCU wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote: Don't know about anyone else, but my reason for not wanting the message board attending the meetings was twofold.
First that they are a talking shop which achieves nothing, mainly by the likes of NC lying, blocking things and waffling endlessly. I think Mouldy's comments intimate he thinks along similar lines, but want to try and change things. Fair play for that, but I suspect it will end up like Mike's attempts to reform the Trust from within.
Secondly, that the Club are censoring the minutes, and this was why they were taking so long to come out. I note CCU says they go to all who attend, but the club do not have the right to correct them. The two statements (unless I have picked them up wrong) do not add up, but happy for CCU to comment.
It should not take 5 days for the minutes to come out, and I quite like reading them, but for entertainment value, not because I think anything will have been achieved.
If they are factual minutes, there is no scope for them to be wrong. I hold/attend a number of design team and site meetings, and we do not get sent advance copies of minutes, which just makes this scenario a bit iffy.


What I mean there CW, is that some folk appear to believe the minutes take so long as the Club ‘doctor’ them.

That isn’t the case. What was meant was the note taker sends them out, then we check with our own notes made and request any adjustments - the meeting note taker does their best but may occasionally not catch something for example.

Any member of CUSG can do so, be it us, a Club Official or any other Member.

Hope that clears that up?


So the club do comment on them? That was my whole point really about the suspicion it causes.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 12:37 #135 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
And just to complete matters we now have PD's representative attending as well.
You just could not make Carlisle United up, it would be too far fetched.
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 12:40 #136 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Ok, I don’t know why the messageboard reps couldn’t release this before, but never mind.

Non Execs

I/we know what non execs are. It was a general response on what non execs are. The question asked was what our non exec directors do and hold the club to account.

The trust

Less than 500 members so can’t say they represent anyone. As expected they won’t resign from either board. They say they put their view across but they never get listened too. If they happy to be involved they have to take responsibility for the shit show.

SLO

I’ve said my piece that it should be a paid position with full accountability however as it’s now voluntary why has one person who has been identified been approached without asking supporters?

EWM

So Kevin Dobinson is helping out. Surely an earlier statement should of been released instead of finding out by these minutes.

No surprise the debt to them hasn’t been answered.

Disability issues

We’ve had myself and now Barbara filling in forms. If Barry can’t fill in or hasn’t time is he the right person to lead this group?

I’m sure the away shelter only got done due to the bad press.

At least we’re not Stockport
The topic has been locked.
  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
09 Nov 2018 12:47 - 09 Nov 2018 12:48 #137 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
"EWM

So Kevin Dobinson is helping out. Surely an earlier statement should of been released instead of finding out by these minutes."


Firstly, it's 'have been' and not 'of been'.

Secondly, there was an article about it, with quotes from Nigel Clibbens, in the News & Star in August.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2018 12:48 by thetashkentterror.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50
The topic has been locked.
  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
09 Nov 2018 12:51 #138 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Question for Clibbens and Holdsworth at the next meeting.

Both of you are getting very handsomely paid for your roles at CUFC, can you explain why CUSG exists in order to pick up the parts of your job in which you are failing?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Mush
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 12:52 - 09 Nov 2018 12:53 #139 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

CarlisleWhite wrote:

CCU wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote: Don't know about anyone else, but my reason for not wanting the message board attending the meetings was twofold.
First that they are a talking shop which achieves nothing, mainly by the likes of NC lying, blocking things and waffling endlessly. I think Mouldy's comments intimate he thinks along similar lines, but want to try and change things. Fair play for that, but I suspect it will end up like Mike's attempts to reform the Trust from within.
Secondly, that the Club are censoring the minutes, and this was why they were taking so long to come out. I note CCU says they go to all who attend, but the club do not have the right to correct them. The two statements (unless I have picked them up wrong) do not add up, but happy for CCU to comment.
It should not take 5 days for the minutes to come out, and I quite like reading them, but for entertainment value, not because I think anything will have been achieved.
If they are factual minutes, there is no scope for them to be wrong. I hold/attend a number of design team and site meetings, and we do not get sent advance copies of minutes, which just makes this scenario a bit iffy.


What I mean there CW, is that some folk appear to believe the minutes take so long as the Club ‘doctor’ them.

That isn’t the case. What was meant was the note taker sends them out, then we check with our own notes made and request any adjustments - the meeting note taker does their best but may occasionally not catch something for example.

Any member of CUSG can do so, be it us, a Club Official or any other Member.

Hope that clears that up?


So the club do comment on them? That was my whole point really about the suspicion it causes.


Yes the Club can request that something be added/changed, but only if they feel it hasn’t been documented as it was said by themselves. Just like we can, and have done.

That’s the whole idea of the draft being sent out to all Members first. Surely it’s far better getting it right than simply releasing without a quick check?

I assure you that if there was some kind of widespread editing by the Club that you’d hear about it from Mouldy and myself!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 09 Nov 2018 12:53 by CCU.
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 12:55 #140 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

CarlisleWhite wrote: And just to complete matters we now have PD's representative attending as well.
You just could not make Carlisle United up, it would be too far fetched.


There was no mention of PD. Kevin Dobinson said he was an ‘old friend’ of DH from his Gretna days and that was why he’d been helping out...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 13:00 #141 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

thetashkentterror wrote: "EWM

So Kevin Dobinson is helping out. Surely an earlier statement should of been released instead of finding out by these minutes."


Firstly, it's 'have been' and not 'of been'.

Secondly, there was an article about it, with quotes from Nigel Clibbens, in the News & Star in August.


Yes helping the club, but not in what area or a confirmed appointment.

As CW says it’s just odd.

At least we’re not Stockport
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 13:06 #142 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Mullen103 wrote:

thetashkentterror wrote: "EWM

So Kevin Dobinson is helping out. Surely an earlier statement should of been released instead of finding out by these minutes."


Firstly, it's 'have been' and not 'of been'.

Secondly, there was an article about it, with quotes from Nigel Clibbens, in the News & Star in August.


Yes helping the club, but not in what area or a confirmed appointment.

As CW says it’s just odd.


From the minutes:

Simon Clarkson introduced Kevin Dobinson, who has been helping the commercial department of the Club out on a voluntary basis.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 13:26 #143 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

CCU wrote:

Mullen103 wrote:

thetashkentterror wrote: "EWM

So Kevin Dobinson is helping out. Surely an earlier statement should of been released instead of finding out by these minutes."


Firstly, it's 'have been' and not 'of been'.

Secondly, there was an article about it, with quotes from Nigel Clibbens, in the News & Star in August.


Yes helping the club, but not in what area or a confirmed appointment.

As CW says it’s just odd.


From the minutes:

Simon Clarkson introduced Kevin Dobinson, who has been helping the commercial department of the Club out on a voluntary basis.


I was meaning what was said previously before this meeting.

At least we’re not Stockport
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 13:38 #144 by moose
Replied by moose on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
I get seriously more dismayed day by day about what is happening to OUR football club.

Say what you want about the people running the club, but they are all successful businessmen in their chosen fields, and it absolutely astounds me that they feel it necessary to have these type of meetings to be told what is going on around the club on a day to day basis.

I'm willing to bet that this doesn't happen at Pioneer or Carlisle Glass, so what is it that is so difficult for them to comprehend about running a football club. If the Pioneer had lost as much custom as CUFC in the last 5 years I'm pretty sure the top table in that company would be sitting round a table putting a plan of action together to rescue the business, not worrying about whether the windows have been cleaned and who sweeps the floor.

There are too many people hanging round the club with a sense of self importance, I don't doubt their commitment to the cause, but they are inadvertently creating a barrier between the fans and the custodians and until they move out of the way then the owners are happy to sit in the background and watch Rome burn.

Something needs to happen soon, or the inevitable will happen, once it does then there is coming back.

The clock is ticking.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: unioncityblue, Mullen103, howoldboy, Croydonblue, NORTHERNSOUL
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 13:46 #145 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

CCU wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote: And just to complete matters we now have PD's representative attending as well.
You just could not make Carlisle United up, it would be too far fetched.


There was no mention of PD. Kevin Dobinson said he was an ‘old friend’ of DH from his Gretna days and that was why he’d been helping out...


CCU - and did you challenge this? I have already said on this board he was at the interviews for JS, which was well before DH came on board, so another blatant lie allowed to pass.
If lies are being allowed to pass, what is the point?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 14:01 #146 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
So, according to davidson its all brexits fault that local businesses are not investing in the club "Nothing to do with the three stooges who've been running the club into the ground for the last ten years2
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, NORTHERNSOUL
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 14:07 #147 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Waltero wrote: So, according to davidson its all brexits fault that local businesses are not investing in the club "Nothing to do with the three stooges who've been running the club into the ground for the last ten years2


Correct Walter, however It’s Dobinson, scaffolder and MD at Carlisle Scaffolding that have no problem employing known criminals.

At least we’re not Stockport
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 14:32 #148 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

CarlisleWhite wrote:

CCU wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote: And just to complete matters we now have PD's representative attending as well.
You just could not make Carlisle United up, it would be too far fetched.


There was no mention of PD. Kevin Dobinson said he was an ‘old friend’ of DH from his Gretna days and that was why he’d been helping out...


CCU - and did you challenge this? I have already said on this board he was at the interviews for JS, which was well before DH came on board, so another blatant lie allowed to pass.
If lies are being allowed to pass, what is the point?


I only arrived at the Meeting at 18:15 (Traffic after finishing a 12hr shift!) so didn’t catch all of KD’s talk.

If you say that’s what happened (I recall you mentioning it previously) why not ask yourself, or ask us to ask for you? You say that he’s lieing about his circumstance, then challenge it?

I attend for the Messageboard, so if you have a query, problem, question, I’ll ask it. I’m a messenger for exactly that kind of stuff. I can’t guarantee you’ll like the answer, but I’ll ask it for you!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 14:33 #149 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Waltero wrote: So, according to davidson its all brexits fault that local businesses are not investing in the club "Nothing to do with the three stooges who've been running the club into the ground for the last ten years2


From the minutes:

Kevin said uncertainty about Brexit was causing some businesses to put off committing to sponsorship, but ownership issues were also a factor.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 14:44 #150 by moose
Replied by moose on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Seems he is also taking over the organising of the new kit.

You would think that they may have learned the lesson after asking the fans to choose the new kits previously. We ended up with one of the worst kits in the Club's history.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.