• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
29 Oct 2018 15:34 - 21 Jan 2019 11:17 #1 by BoardAdmin
CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18 was created by BoardAdmin
Hello folks,

As per previous threads, please let us know any questions/topics to raise at the upcoming CUSG meeting.

Cheers!

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet
Last edit: 21 Jan 2019 11:17 by BoardAdmin.
The topic has been locked.
More
29 Oct 2018 17:44 #2 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
A couple from me:

Blues Lotto: When it first started we were told that money raised (after prizes paid out) was to go to the Youth team. I have had a wander through the Blues Lotto website and there are lots of good stories about prizewinners but nothing about the money or equivalent being given to the Youth team. Does the Lotto still do this or does the money just go into the general pot?

Mascots: I had/still have huge reservations about the club charging mascots so have been watching the take up with interest. Firstly it seems very popular, I wondered how much money it has brought into the club.

When the change came about it was said that the reason for doing it was to allow junior blues who haven't had chance to be mascots the chance to buy the experience.

I have seen quite a lot of children who have been mascots before take up the offer (and love doing it but that was never the issue). I wondered how many children who were Junior Blues who never got chance to be mascots have taken up the offer to pay for their chance and how many children altogether had been a mascot so far this season?

I'll probs think of a couple more, cheers.
More
29 Oct 2018 17:59 #3 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
When are we getting a new gaffer? That question is for Andy Hall.
More
29 Oct 2018 18:04 #4 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Another for Holdsworth.

When you say that you are looking to get value for money from contracts then how has this in the main failed and you have signed sub quality players compared to Keith Curles signings.
More
29 Oct 2018 18:20 #5 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
I think it’s a complete and utter waste of time but here goes!

1. I got no response on this. Why doesn’t the club do away travel and would CUsat consider going in house with the club?

2. For the trust. The trust released a statement Pre manager search that they wanted a non journeyman and a young ambitious manager. We got Sheridan the complete opposite yet in another statement Atkinson said he was happy with the choice and home form would improve. It hasn’t it’s been a disaster. Will the trust admit this and take responsibility in particular Atkinson.

3. What safeguards are in place re steward appointments?

4. Not answered from last time. As of 5th November how much will it take to buy the club and the current owners to bugger off and have no association.

5. What do the non exec directors do?

6. How did the talks with the council and the owner of a field go :)

7. Why doesn’t Psttison put any money in?

8. For the trust: Will they consider a vote of no confidence and reigning from the board?

9. How is this Cusg group working or accountable?

10. What’s next seasons plan if we’re promoted(unlikely), staying in tin pot two or relegated?

11. How many members does each group represented have?

12. Why won’t the club employ a SLO. We can afford it as we have Holdsworth a complete waste of a wage.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush
More
29 Oct 2018 18:39 - 29 Oct 2018 18:40 #6 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
On a scale of one to ten I rate your effectiveness at getting things done promptly as a two.

What would you score yourselves.

When is away travel going to stop being a clique and become far more receptive to match going fans?
Last edit: 29 Oct 2018 18:40 by Alan.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123
More
29 Oct 2018 19:21 #7 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Alan. The travel lot are like the BOD and trust all wanting their own little fiefdoms
More
29 Oct 2018 20:46 - 29 Oct 2018 20:48 #8 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Mullen103 wrote: I think it’s a complete and utter waste of time but here goes!

1. I got no response on this. Why doesn’t the club do away travel and would CUsat consider going in house with the club? * CUSAT were not present to ask *

2. For the trust. The trust released a statement Pre manager search that they wanted a non journeyman and a young ambitious manager. We got Sheridan the complete opposite yet in another statement Atkinson said he was happy with the choice and home form would improve. It hasn’t it’s been a disaster. Will the trust admit this and take responsibility in particular Atkinson.

3. What safeguards are in place re steward appointments?

4. Not answered from last time. As of 5th November how much will it take to buy the club and the current owners to bugger off and have no association. * I would not expect a response to this *

5. What do the non exec directors do?

6. How did the talks with the council and the owner of a field go :)

7. Why doesn’t Psttison put any money in?

8. For the trust: Will they consider a vote of no confidence and reigning from the board?

9. How is this Cusg group working or accountable?

10. What’s next seasons plan if we’re promoted(unlikely), staying in tin pot two or relegated?

11. How many members does each group represented have?

12. Why won’t the club employ a SLO. We can afford it as we have Holdsworth a complete waste of a wage. * I would imagine this will be the same response as when previously asked. The club want to explore voluntary options as there is currently no allowance for it in forecasting *

I’ve added a couple of comments on to your post, Mullen.

For info: Because of the number of questions we have previously received, we’re going to send these over to all reps (inc Club) on Friday morning which gives times to answer all questions ahead of the meeting and ensure all questions (within reason) are answered. It’s previously already 2/2.5 hours in and us asking all the questions extends it and probably doesn’t get the same effort in responses. Hopefully this way everything gets answered in detail.

all views my own
Last edit: 29 Oct 2018 20:48 by Mouldy.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, CCU
More
29 Oct 2018 20:48 #9 by Mouldy

Alan wrote: On a scale of one to ten I rate your effectiveness at getting things done promptly as a two.

When is away travel going to stop being a clique and become far more receptive to match going fans?

Is your first question directed to CUSG as a whole, Alan, or a particular group/the club?

all views my own
  • melbourneblues
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
29 Oct 2018 21:03 #10 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
I asked Billy Atkinson your question about JS Mullen, he just squirmed his way out of it without any coherent answer and wandered off laughing, the man is a fool.

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Profpieman, Molly123, NORTHERNSOUL
More
29 Oct 2018 21:16 - 29 Oct 2018 21:23 #11 by Alan

Mouldy wrote:

Alan wrote: On a scale of one to ten I rate your effectiveness at getting things done promptly as a two.

Is your first question directed to CUSG as a whole, Alan, or a particular group/the club?

The group as a whole.

Can you also ask if there's any chance of someone from the club and the Trust starting to post on here on a regular basis.

A weekly 2hr q&a would be a good start.
Last edit: 29 Oct 2018 21:23 by CCU. Reason: Fixed quote
  • Southernblue
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
29 Oct 2018 21:20 #12 by Southernblue
Replied by Southernblue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Mouldy wrote:
For info: Because of the number of questions we have previously received, we’re going to send these over to all reps (inc Club) on Friday morning which gives times to answer all questions ahead of the meeting and ensure all questions (within reason) are answered. It’s previously already 2/2.5 hours in and us asking all the questions extends it and probably doesn’t get the same effort in responses. Hopefully this way everything gets answered in detail.

Is that so they can prepare the lies in advance instead of being put on the spot with them and having to come up with an answer that maybe isnt what they want to say?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Alan
More
29 Oct 2018 21:24 #13 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Alan wrote: Can you also ask if there's any chance of someone from the club and the Trust starting to post on here on a regular basis.

At the end of our first Meeting we attended, we offered all Groups present their own logins (Its in the minutes).

We’ve never heard off any off them.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Profpieman, Alan
More
29 Oct 2018 21:29 #14 by Mouldy

Southernblue wrote:

Mouldy wrote:

Is that so they can prepare the lies in advance instead of being put on the spot with them and having to come up with an answer that maybe isnt what they want to say?

No. I’m sceptical that’ll stop you thinking it’s that mind.

To clarify, it’s purely to get more of the forum posters’ questions answered without turning it into a 4 hour marathon.

all views my own
More
29 Oct 2018 21:32 #15 by Profpieman
Replied by Profpieman on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Mullen the question about the young manager is a good one, in this case I doff my cap to you.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103
More
29 Oct 2018 21:37 #16 by Alan

CCU wrote:

Alan wrote: Can you also ask if there's any chance of someone from the club and the Trust starting to post on here on a regular basis.

At the end of our first Meeting we attended, we offered all Groups present their own logins (Its in the minutes).

We’ve never heard off any off them.

Says it all that far too busy being wrapped up in thier own self importance to mix with us scumbags in fact they are so wrapped up they haven't noticed the club rapidly going down the shitter either.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Profpieman, mattcufc, NORTHERNSOUL
More
29 Oct 2018 21:43 - 29 Oct 2018 21:44 #17 by mattcufc
Replied by mattcufc on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Just spent an afternoon discussing meetings today as part of a new course I’m doing. Recommended length is 1 hour with a clear agenda sent out days beforehand so all members can know what’s happening and prepare. 3-4 Things that went right and 3-4 things that went wrong since previous meeting to be discussed to stop the meeting becoming a negative shit fest.

One question would be following the invitiation from the messageboard for log ins why has no group took this up?
Last edit: 29 Oct 2018 21:44 by mattcufc.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan
  • melbourneblues
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
29 Oct 2018 22:02 #18 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
And while we’re on the subject, why is the cusat Facebook page a closed group?

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Molly123, mattcufc, NORTHERNSOUL
More
29 Oct 2018 22:07 #19 by mattcufc
Replied by mattcufc on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
You just need to request them to be added, though no information given out, it’s all via text. Think it’s maybe just a vetting site to see if they would allow you on the bus.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues
More
29 Oct 2018 22:44 #20 by Mullen103

melbourneblues wrote: I asked Billy Atkinson your question about JS Mullen, he just squirmed his way out of it without any coherent answer and wandered off laughing, the man is a fool.

I honestly had no problem with Billy, until the last but one forum, where he kept laughing at certain questions and kept telling me off for agreeing with certain statements from supporters throughout that night.

Frank Beattie put on Facebook before the Lincoln game that our defence was shambolic so I questioned him about the trusts statement that they(Atkinson) were happy with Sheridan because of the player pool he can tap into. Beattie denied it yet the statements clearly available.

I don’t know who the trust represent but I’m sure the 3900 supporters home that attended on Saturday the majority would be against the trust.

More
29 Oct 2018 22:46 #21 by Mullen103

melbourneblues wrote: And while we’re on the subject, why is the cusat Facebook page a closed group?

Probably partly to blame for that as the last open group they had I posted on it why they banned my mate and another that had epilepsy and national newspapers got hold of it because of the disgusting comments that were put by some committee members, it was closed shortly after.

More
29 Oct 2018 22:50 #22 by Mullen103

Profpieman wrote: Mullen the question about the young manager is a good one, in this case I doff my cap to you.

That’s why I was miffed because the trust did come out and say they wanted this young ambitious manager and the supporters agreed as did most on here. No disrespect to Sheridan but that’s not what we got yet the trust changed their tune to that of the club and now deny or laugh in your face about this pre manager statement.

More
29 Oct 2018 23:05 #23 by STH
Replied by STH on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Who is the line manager of Nigel Clibbens?

Who is the line manager of David Holdsworth?

Why does David Holdsworth blame Keith Curle for previous player contracts when he wasn’t the one signing them off?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Molly123, munchymagic
More
30 Oct 2018 00:13 #24 by munchymagic

STH wrote: Who is the line manager of Nigel Clibbens?

Who is the line manager of David Holdsworth?

Why does David Holdsworth blame Keith Curle for previous player contracts when he wasn’t the one signing them off?

Because Curle has gone and doesn't give a shit but is a sneaky get so by blaming Curle he can be vocal without slagging off the current regime whilst making himself out as Superman fighting fires.

Truth is he is not even Blunder Woman from the Russ Abbott show and is just a fake.
More
30 Oct 2018 02:31 #25 by CCU

Mullen103 wrote:

melbourneblues wrote: And while we’re on the subject, why is the cusat Facebook page a closed group?

Probably partly to blame for that as the last open group they had I posted on it why they banned my mate and another that had epilepsy and national newspapers got hold of it because of the disgusting comments that were put by some committee members, it was closed shortly after.

The previous group wasn’t ‘open’, you still had to request to join. It then disappeared as far as I’m aware. The new one that Melbourne mentions has a start date of Aug 2017 I think it is.

More
30 Oct 2018 03:47 - 30 Oct 2018 03:49 #26 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Mouldy wrote:

Southernblue wrote:

Mouldy wrote:

No. I’m sceptical that’ll stop you thinking it’s that mind.

To clarify, it’s purely to get more of the forum posters’ questions answered without turning it into a 4 hour marathon.

Well if they just answered with honest and concise answers that wouldn't happen would it?

But the likes of Nixon and Clibbins are the masters of the 10-minute bullshit personally I would stop them after 30seconds and say are you going to answer the question you were asked or not you sanctimonious [censored] ?
Last edit: 30 Oct 2018 03:49 by NORTHERNSOUL.
More
30 Oct 2018 03:54 #27 by NORTHERNSOUL
Right here we go then

At 10am this morning and to the nearest 10k what is the total sum of the clubs indebtedness to the EWM group of companies or to anyone associated with that company ?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: heilkmoon, Molly123
More
30 Oct 2018 04:03 #28 by NORTHERNSOUL

mattcufc wrote: Just spent an afternoon discussing meetings today as part of a new course I’m doing. Recommended length is 1 hour with a clear agenda sent out days beforehand so all members can know what’s happening and prepare. 3-4 Things that went right and 3-4 things that went wrong since previous meeting to be discussed to stop the meeting becoming a negative shit fest.

One question would be following the invitiation from the messageboard for log ins why has no group took this up?

Haha lol, i.m more of a lock the [censored] in and keep them there till they agree with everything I want sort of bloke.
More
30 Oct 2018 07:48 #29 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
One more from me.

CUSG has done/is doing various things all of which cost money, where/who is the money coming from?

Oh and in the spirit of Matt's negatives and positives. If this stuff is getting passed to the club my positive is:

I've heard so many good things about the half term day for the Junior Blues. Looking at some of the videos on twitter the kids (and players) seemed to be having a great time. Exactly the sort of stuff that brings kids to supporting Carlisle United. Well done.
More
30 Oct 2018 10:16 #30 by Waltero
I've come across more believable used car salesmen than Holdsworth. Smarmy git
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic
More
30 Oct 2018 15:29 #31 by Profpieman
Replied by Profpieman on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

Mullen103 wrote:

Profpieman wrote: Mullen the question about the young manager is a good one, in this case I doff my cap to you.

That’s why I was miffed because the trust did come out and say they wanted this young ambitious manager and the supporters agreed as did most on here. No disrespect to Sheridan but that’s not what we got yet the trust changed their tune to that of the club and now deny or laugh in your face about this pre manager statement.

Yep I was sat behind you when he said it.
More
02 Nov 2018 14:45 #32 by CCU
Any more? We’ll be compiling the list this evening...

More
02 Nov 2018 16:01 #33 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Do the trust think they are representing what its members want or are they going against their wishes?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123
More
02 Nov 2018 16:19 #34 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

CCU wrote: Any more? We’ll be compiling the list this evening...

I know it's only a little thing but the programme change I find very sad. I'm a bit older and have a long journey so always really enjoy reading them on the way home.
I've been to most of the away games this year and all programmes have been very much still like the programmes from last year. Ours is the only one that is a small, fold out one.
I know it's not a priority and the requirement to have one has changed but I can't help feeling that ours now looks a bit cheap in comparison.
I used to buy a programme every week but bought the 1st one in the new format this year and didn't really feel it justified a purchase.
I appreciate I'm old and in a minority but I feel a bit sad that another bit of the game has gone.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: pigeonpete, Arragorn, howoldboy
More
02 Nov 2018 16:49 #35 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
What is the club's 5 year plan?
More
02 Nov 2018 16:58 #36 by Waltero
They won't know what they're doing 5 minutes from now let alone 5 years
More
02 Nov 2018 18:53 #37 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Another simple question.
Have the trust asked why EWM won't show their hand?
How long are the trust prepared to wait before insisting on answers?
More
02 Nov 2018 18:59 #38 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Why has everything got worse since the last meeting?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: newcarlislefan
More
02 Nov 2018 20:23 #39 by munchymagic
One for them all.

Surely austerity in the bottom tier of league football is tinkering with relegation from the league, how is the budget so bad when our home gates are higher than say Morecambe or Forest Green?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Waltero, heilkmoon, Bluedazblue
More
02 Nov 2018 20:28 #40 by Mullen103

munchymagic wrote: One for them all.

Surely austerity in the bottom tier of league football is tinkering with relegation from the league, how is the budget so bad when our home gates are higher than say Morecambe or Forest Green?

Because we spend 174k on three directors when one could do the job!

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123, munchymagic
  • BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Nov 2018 22:06 #41 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Thanks for all Questions!

We’ll report back in due course.

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet
More
05 Nov 2018 00:57 #42 by munchymagic
To the club.

Can you please explain the Devitt situation please as it is probably a storm in a teacup - did Jamie refuse to wear the armband?
More
05 Nov 2018 15:43 #43 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18

how is the budget so bad when our home gates are the same as say Morecambe or Forest Green added together?

Morecambe v Yeovil: 1,406
Forest Green v Tranmere: 2,181
Total: 3,587

us Saturday vs Newport: 3,541

We should be able to run two teams out of that!
More
05 Nov 2018 15:56 #44 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
This meeting seems to have been advertised for weeks now. I can't wait for the minutes later this week. I hope they don't disappoint. :-)
More
05 Nov 2018 16:07 #45 by munchymagic

orfc wrote:

how is the budget so bad when our home gates are the same as say Morecambe or Forest Green added together?

Morecambe v Yeovil: 1,406
Forest Green v Tranmere: 2,181
Total: 3,587

us Saturday vs Newport: 3,541

We should be able to run two teams out of that!

Good point - and Forest Green have that Doidge who is worth a few quid.

Again asks the question of why we do not have a reserve team.

We even have to play youth players out of position and our top striker in defence because we are so threadbare.

There is austerity and then there is that....
More
05 Nov 2018 16:55 #46 by Moylesey
Replied by Moylesey on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
They're selling Doidge to Bolton - he's been there on loan since the start of the season. They're probably spending the fee in advance...
More
05 Nov 2018 17:01 #47 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
What worries me is, the income from season ticket sales is long gone, so on a gate of 3541 pure revenue from that game will be around 2k x £22 tops. ( Not sure how many ST 's we have )It'll be far from £22 per head tho with all the concessions. Not a lot

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

More
05 Nov 2018 17:08 - 05 Nov 2018 17:10 #48 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 5 Nov 18
Just a cautionary note to Moylsey CCU or whoever is going to the meeting - best check out the emergency exits
Remember Remember the 5th of November
Gunpowder Treason and Plot....... !

The whole lot could go up
Err..is Mullen capable of such skulduggery

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 05 Nov 2018 17:10 by seesaw50.
More
05 Nov 2018 17:27 #49 by Mullen103

seesaw50 wrote: Just a cautionary note to Moylsey CCU or whoever is going to the meeting - best check out the emergency exits
Remember Remember the 5th of November
Gunpowder Treason and Plot....... !

The whole lot could go up
Err..is Mullen capable of such skulduggery

What a good idea!

Are you going to the meeting seesaw?

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero
More
05 Nov 2018 17:41 #50 by CCU

carwash wrote: This meeting seems to have been advertised for weeks now. I can't wait for the minutes later this week. I hope they don't disappoint. :-)

Standard practice to advertise a week ahead by ourselves, enables plenty of queries to come in! :)

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.