CUSG ‘Wishlist’

More
24 Sep 2018 06:25 #51 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’

BoardAdmin wrote: CUSG have been working on a ‘wishlist’ of stuff to improve both the Matchday experience and the general look of things around Brunton Park.

This was started on before we were invited to the last Meeting, but has been forwarded for the next Agenda.

We’ve put the list below, and would like to know which items you think should be prioritised. Feedback and constructive criticism is welcomed. All given will be communicated when the wishlist is discussed.

It’s written in no particular order, and some items may have already had some bits and pieces started on.

Thanks,

Admin.

CUSG ‘WISHLIST’

- Fan Zone (West Stand) Umbrellas, Wall painting and barriers all sourced by Club.

- Fan Zone (West Stand) Branding, PA, seating, may be able to source used from Shepherds Inn via Chairman.

- Family Zone (East Stand) – improve signage and awareness of zone, for example, branding in section 7/8 as an official family zone seated area, plus any new equipment needed in here to update.

- Padded seat area in EWM stand – for hospitality guests on a match day. A specific area for them to sit. In line with other clubs. Improve match day experience.

- Sunset – TV rewiring, fan décor and extra seating.

- Sporting Inn - re-lamp the sunset, the up lighting is defunct and the bar lighting could be updated, new furniture.

- Paddock North catering outlets improvements – expand, shelving etc. In progress

- Warwick Road End – toilets and catering hut area behind stand.

- Tannoy/music system – we have a very old system where only CD’s can be played, needs updated, some stand speakers don’t work 100%.

- Technical systems in all bars and hospitality lounges, for example, Foxy’s Restaurant – install projector with HDMI ability and link projector with other screens in restaurant. Help with non-match day meetings and conferences. Sound system to be updated too, with microphones.

- Stewards vest-cams.

- A camera lens for Media

- Paint and decorate – stairs to Sunset.

- General branding in West Stand.

- Academy camera pole. Extendable height pole to film games and training for player/team review plus camcorder.

- Décor and make good sunset ladies and gents.

- Fan flags £300 per flag

- Disabled Away shelter.

- Disabled home – replace worn out mobile shelter Pioneer south.

- Disabled Home Paddock North Extend.

- Tarmac of executive car park pot holes.

- Improve supporters car park east side poor in winter.

- Large Flat Screen TV IN McConnells Bar.

- Warning lights etc east stand disabled toilets.

- Hospitality Boxes - Roof extractors.

- GPS vests and monitors.Tracks distances of players in training and matches.

- Mini goals X6 pairs.

- Resistance bands 1m long.

- Pair of full size goals.

Holdsworths wages could have paid for a lot of that!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2018 07:34 - 24 Sep 2018 07:36 #52 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’

nobbyblue wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CCU wrote:

franksidebottom wrote:

bejustandfearprokas wrote: Stewards Vest Cams?! Does any club have these?

Sure some business could easily sort out the mini goals, full size goals and the HDMI screens etc.

Exactly what we were talking about yesterday in the pub pre-match, is there nobody at the club who has the front and face to go around local businesses to get these sort of items for nothing? For example walk in the Sony Centre, ask for a £500 plasma in return for a surround promoting the shop saying it was kindly donated by the Sony Centre. Someone like Knighton or Martin Hudson would have the charisma and charm to have half a dozen free Tv’s within a week!

Probably more that it’ll be a job going through a Yellow Pages (Do they still exist?!) and making up a list of Companies we haven’t pissed off!

And on that subject, anybody know what they did to piss AST off as I see they didn't do the vynils on the club shop this year and it was the printers that Jenkins owns that did it

Jenkins doesn't own H&H Reeds Printers.

No,maybe not directly but aren't they part of the H and H group in which Jenkins and his companies do have a major interest in ?
Last edit: 24 Sep 2018 07:36 by NORTHERNSOUL.

More
24 Sep 2018 14:16 - 24 Sep 2018 14:28 #53 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CCU wrote: Probably more that it’ll be a job going through a Yellow Pages (Do they still exist?!) and making up a list of Companies we haven’t pissed off!

And on that subject, anybody know what they did to piss AST off as I see they didn't do the vynils on the club shop this year and it was the printers that Jenkins owns that did it

I'm pretty sure H&H done the club shop signs last year too. AST do ground boards etc.

all views my own
Last edit: 24 Sep 2018 14:28 by CCU. Reason: Fixed quote

More
24 Sep 2018 14:18 #54 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’
Anyway, getting back on track. Ahead of the meeting tonight, can people pick say three items they would class as their most pressing on the list so that I can feedback to the club?

Have noted a few points on here and think a bit more info is needed on some items, small sized goals, disabled away facilities (should come up in Barry Carter's comments) etc so will ask for more info on some items.

all views my own

More
24 Sep 2018 14:31 #55 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’
Scoreboard, I think it's a shan that we still don't have one.

• Bumble
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
24 Sep 2018 14:57 #56 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’
Disabled facilities - I'm lumping them all together but I feel shelter for the away fans is the most urgent.

I would like the WRE toilets and hut sorted. The WRE seems to be showing big signs of age. Don't want it falling further into disrepair. I would hate it to shut.

Resistance bands - I don't think they will be hugely expensive and most teams seem to use them.

I would have voted for scoreboard if it had been on the list.

More
24 Sep 2018 15:02 #57 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’
Disabled facilities shouldn’t have to appear on a ‘wishlist’ and they should be top of any ‘to do’ list the Club operates.

Scoreboard probably the only thing that bothers me. 2018 and we don’t have a basic timer on show? Talk of £50k scoreboards paid for by advertising, far cheaper available, doesn’t have to be the latest model etc, just a simple time and score.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

More
24 Sep 2018 15:43 #58 by NORTHERNSOUL

CCU wrote: Disabled facilities shouldn’t have to appear on a ‘wishlist’ and they should be top of any ‘to do’ list the Club operates.

Scoreboard probably the only thing that bothers me. 2018 and we don’t have a basic timer on show? Talk of £50k scoreboards paid for by advertising, far cheaper available, doesn’t have to be the latest model etc, just a simple time and score.

Or Jenkins could just spend 1 x 430th of his personal fortune on a 40k scoreboard Stick Pioneers name on it and they could then pay us 10 grand a year for the pleasure Thats I think what you call Win Win Win I can't see a single loser
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

• Unrepentant blue
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
24 Sep 2018 16:22 #59 by Unrepentant blue
Replied by Unrepentant blue on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’
This is not a wish list!
It’s a list of things that need sorted.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

More
24 Sep 2018 23:35 #60 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’

Unrepentant blue wrote: This is not a wish list!
It’s a list of things that need sorted.

Correct!

You don’t go to the cinema, example, and have to raise money for the seats, film and screen.

This isn’t a wish list, it’s things the owners should be providing its basic stuff of running a professional club in 2018.

I wonder what bollocks we will get about the disabled shelter this time!

At least we’re not Stockport

More
25 Sep 2018 07:44 #61 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’
When Fred Story was in charge, many structural improvements were made. The turnstile walls between the Paddock and the Warwick was rebuilt for example. S Pattinson as a major shareholder has the contacts, the knowledge and the labour force to sort out the disabled facilities. Come on Steve, it only cost you a pound, give something back to the club.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Mush, Dancingbear, munchymagic

• Bumble
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
25 Sep 2018 09:11 #62 by Bumble
I would have voted for this:

- Academy camera pole. Extendable height pole to film games and training for player/team review plus camcorder.

As I would really like to support the Academy and I know how useful those camera poles can be. I would have thought a camcorder is pretty essential, amazed they haven't got one.

What stopped me putting it down was isn't that where the Blues Lotto and Premier Club monies go? I'm sure they were set up to help the youth set up.

I still pay my late husbands sub on the Lotto and see winners on the pitch from time to time, and the draws from the Premier Club. It would be interesting to see some of the things our £ a week has provided, it would make the money seem more worthwhile when we don't win!

More
25 Sep 2018 09:24 #63 by CCU
Maybe a question for the next Meeting Bumble?

• Bumble
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
25 Sep 2018 09:51 #64 by Bumble

CCU wrote: Maybe a question for the next Meeting Bumble?

Yes please, stick it down when the next "questions for meeting" comes out, cos I will probabrbly have forgotton by then, but would like to know what the kids are getting for our money. I might even rejoin myself if I can see the benefits to the Academy.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

More
25 Sep 2018 09:57 #65 by CCU
I’ll remind you when the time comes round...

More
25 Sep 2018 10:04 #66 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’
Steve pattison is the one who hasn't got a pot to p..s in BlueAl

More
25 Sep 2018 10:48 #67 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’

Waltero wrote: Steve pattison is the one who hasn't got a pot to p..s in BlueAl

It’s his brothers pot anyway.

More
25 Sep 2018 11:21 #68 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG ‘Wishlist’
He must give him pocket money

More
25 Sep 2018 19:33 #69 by NORTHERNSOUL

Waltero wrote: He must give him pocket money

Only if he sweeps the shop and the storerooms properly.

More
28 Sep 2018 15:20 - 28 Sep 2018 15:21 #70 by CCU
Flicking through Twitter and I saw Bury had invested in a load of filming stuff for Match Analysis and the likes. I’m guessing this is the sort of stuff the Club want?

Last edit: 28 Sep 2018 15:21 by CCU.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.