• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Sep 2018 09:39 #1 by BoardAdmin
CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18 was created by BoardAdmin
Next CUSG Meeting is on Mon 24 Sept.

Any questions then please post them on here over this weekend.

Thanks,

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2018 12:15 #2 by Lakelandterrier
Replied by Lakelandterrier on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
Why has the club not been publicly announced as up for sale?

Cumbrian and Proud
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bluebooze79

More
16 Sep 2018 20:01 #3 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
Despite reassurances at the forum it seems fans in WRE still had to face toilets not fit for use, what went wrong?

The Fanzone didn't appear to be utilised at the weekend, what went wrong?

Crowdfunding; Accrington Stanley asked their fans to crowdfund a scoreboard. Has any thought been given to Carlisle fans being asked to fund anything?

• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Sep 2018 20:10 #4 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
Thanks folks, questions forwarded to be asked.

We’ll post on here after the Meeting.

Thanks,

Admin.

Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 Sep 2018 20:45 #5 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
Why don't CUSAT advertise details of away trips either on their own website or on the official. Looks like they don't want people to travel. Never heard anything like it at a football club.

More
16 Sep 2018 20:53 #6 by shaldon1
Replied by shaldon1 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
Nobby blue have you asked the question what happens to the money for these away matches. Who pays who and is it ever paid? I think that may have an important part to have knowledge of in the equation.

More
16 Sep 2018 21:01 #7 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

shaldon1 wrote: Nobby blue have you asked the question what happens to the money for these away matches. Who pays who and is it ever paid? I think that may have an important part to have knowledge of in the equation.

Im sure if the bus company werent paid they wouldnt still be providing busses. Your not suggesting certain people get subsidised or even free travel are you?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

More
16 Sep 2018 21:01 #8 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

nobbyblue wrote: Why don't CUSAT advertise details of away trips either on their own website or on the official. Looks like they don't want people to travel. Never heard anything like it at a football club.

Tbf to CUSAT they have started a crowd fund to purchase a tow bar and cattle trailer so a few peasants can get to games pulled by their fun bus it's not ideal but crispy cake and pies will be passed through rear emergency exit window on long away trips.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Arragorn

More
16 Sep 2018 22:08 #9 by cousinscotty
Replied by cousinscotty on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

Alan wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Why don't CUSAT advertise details of away trips either on their own website or on the official. Looks like they don't want people to travel. Never heard anything like it at a football club.

Tbf to CUSAT they have started a crowd fund to purchase a tow bar and cattle trailer so a few peasants can get to games pulled by their fun bus it's not ideal but crispy cake and pies will be passed through rear emergency exit window on long away trips.

As at tonight, they've raised enough for a long bit of string and a second-hand skateboard - so one peasant will be able to go to Bury. Of course, if they get up to 88 m.p.h. then the lucky peasant may have access to the rest of the season's results and can put on some winning bets. With his/her winnings, he/she may be able to actually sit on the bus next away match...

More
17 Sep 2018 00:55 #10 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

Bumble wrote: Despite reassurances at the forum it seems fans in WRE still had to face toilets not fit for use, what went wrong?

The Fanzone didn't appear to be utilised at the weekend, what went wrong?

Crowdfunding; Accrington Stanley asked their fans to crowdfund a scoreboard. Has any thought been given to Carlisle fans being asked to fund anything?

It wasn't really just crowdfunding it was a thing done by The Supporters Club and Tiffosy the bond organisers i.m not sure whether they still do it. Every day for about 3 months there were things to put a bid on I won a couple one was to be the manager for a day I was going to do it and show John Coleman how it's done but in the end, I donated it to a charity raffle.

I wasn't happy[ along with other people I know ] that when the money coming in started to slow down the took they easy way out and bought a screen only half the size of what they originally intended to get.

More
17 Sep 2018 09:17 #11 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
Where does the 50k quote come from for a scoreboard, when a simple search online shows good ones at a fifth of the price?

What's the latest on the away disabled shelter? and the now temporary one in the Paddock?

Is there any update on the ability of disabled fans being able to sit behind their, physically disabled friends, in the east stand?

Why wasn't John Jackson or Susan Kidd on the panel at the forum?

Why doesn't the club run away travel, would CUSAT consider joining the club? Why do they want to remain independent?

Latest on SLO, will this employed job with any salary/expenses?

Who is taking over the ticket offices manager position? and Nigel Dickinson previous jobs? are you looking at employing more people?

As of the 24th September, what would the total amount be to buy the club and the current owners to leave?

At least we’re not Stockport

More
17 Sep 2018 10:41 #12 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
The disabled facilities will hopefully be covered in the meeting by Barry who has been working on both since the last meeting.

Scoreboard quotation was for a company semi local to supply, install and book advertising for a set period of time so some Is material cost, some will be services. We will look for further update on this, but it is on the agenda in the club updates so we are expecting some form of update anyway.

Will look to raise other points.

all views my own
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

More
17 Sep 2018 11:37 #13 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

Mouldy wrote: The disabled facilities will hopefully be covered in the meeting by Barry who has been working on both since the last meeting.

Scoreboard quotation was for a company semi local to supply, install and book advertising for a set period of time so some Is material cost, some will be services. We will look for further update on this, but it is on the agenda in the club updates so we are expecting some form of update anyway.

Will look to raise other points.

Cheers.

At least we’re not Stockport

More
17 Sep 2018 18:05 #14 by cousinscotty
Copied from another thread (that I started) but it is probably more relevant here:

I sit at the back of B Stand and I've noticed that there are quite a number of folk in that Stand who have mobility issues. This means, when the match is over it can take quite a while for us all to get out. However, there is a Steward standing guard at the access to A Stand to make sure none of us sneaks in there to get out even though their exit is empty. Why? Surely it makes sense to get folk out quickly rather than a load be held up on the stairs.

More
17 Sep 2018 18:22 #15 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

Mullen103 wrote: Where does the 50k quote come from for a scoreboard, when a simple search online shows good ones at a fifth of the price?

What's the latest on the away disabled shelter? and the now temporary one in the Paddock?

Is there any update on the ability of disabled fans being able to sit behind their, physically disabled friends, in the east stand?

Why wasn't John Jackson or Susan Kidd on the panel at the forum?

Why doesn't the club run away travel, would CUSAT consider joining the club? Why do they want to remain independent?

Latest on SLO, will this employed job with any salary/expenses?

Who is taking over the ticket offices manager position? and Nigel Dickinson previous jobs? are you looking at employing more people?

As of the 24th September, what would the total amount be to buy the club and the current owners to leave?

Quite right Mullen...I did a search the other week and found a score board for under £10k and one for £6k

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

More
17 Sep 2018 20:00 #16 by Mouldy
If you want to post a link I can see if it is of interest at the meeting.

Not sure what specification or anything the clubs contact has priced but do know it’s not just a like for like replacement of what we have now but a full video screen with ability for highlights, match clips (if allowed by league or whoever polices stuff like that I’d imagine) advertising etc.

all views my own

More
18 Sep 2018 09:15 #17 by nobbyblue
What happened last night or is there an embargo!

More
18 Sep 2018 09:49 #18 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
Nothing to see here... nothing new to see....bla bla.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

More
18 Sep 2018 10:15 #19 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

nobbyblue wrote: What happened last night or is there an embargo!

Last night was the 17th...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

More
18 Sep 2018 10:22 #20 by nobbyblue
Blimey I've made a terrible gaff.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, seesaw50, Dancingbear, markredfox73

More
18 Sep 2018 19:42 #21 by NORTHERNSOUL

Mouldy wrote: If you want to post a link I can see if it is of interest at the meeting.

Not sure what specification or anything the clubs contact has priced but do know it’s not just a like for like replacement of what we have now but a full video screen with ability for highlights, match clips (if allowed by league or whoever polices stuff like that I’d imagine) advertising etc.

If you want a comparison Accys cost 22k the one double the size was about 10k more Thats without any of this advertising to pay the purchase instalments crap The supporters club raised the money then donated the screen to the club so any income that comes in from it is 100% profit to the club.

More
18 Sep 2018 20:08 #22 by Mouldy
Do you know where it was from Barry?

all views my own

More
18 Sep 2018 20:34 #23 by NORTHERNSOUL

Mouldy wrote: Do you know where it was from Barry?

No, but I can find out. but I do know that it came straight from the manufacturers

More
19 Sep 2018 09:32 #24 by ExiledJock
Replied by ExiledJock on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
Tiny fact - away supporters can't currently see the existing board. I only found this out by being in with the Accrington fans last Boxing Day. I have no opinion about the positives or negatives of this situation.

More
19 Sep 2018 09:43 #25 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
Many clubs place their scoreboard at the away end, meaning three sides of the home fans get to see it but the away fans not so much.

Some place it across a corner to try and maximise line of sight but only the fans right at the front get to see it clearly on the two sides that meet where the scoreboard is, so actually less people see it.

Barnet have solved the problem by having two scoreboards, one on each of the long sides, so everyone gets a look, can't see that happening at Brunton Park.

At BP, the corner where the last scoreboard was placed is probarbly the best place for one, witht he worst view going to the away fans.

More
22 Sep 2018 11:34 #26 by wano
Replied by wano on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
CUSAT are closing their away travel web page at end of September because all the info is on the official site!!!, Where ???

More
22 Sep 2018 11:45 - 22 Sep 2018 11:47 #27 by CCU

wano wrote: CUSAT are closing their away travel web page at end of September because all the info is on the official site!!!, Where ???

Info: www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2018/augus...tdeparturetimes1819/

Times & Prices: www.carlisleunited.co.uk/siteassets/docu...parturetimes1819.pdf

Last edit: 22 Sep 2018 11:47 by CCU.

More
22 Sep 2018 11:47 #28 by wano
That's a phone number, not information

More
22 Sep 2018 11:51 - 22 Sep 2018 11:53 #29 by CCU

wano wrote: That's a phone number, not information

Click the second of the links (It’s also highlighted on the CUSAT page on the O/S, says ’Click HERE’) and you should see the Sheet with all Times/Prices.

Last edit: 22 Sep 2018 11:53 by CCU.

More
22 Sep 2018 11:53 #30 by wano
Cheers CCU , missed that
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Sep 2018 10:22 #31 by BoardAdmin
Thanks for all the questions. Mouldy will be the Board Rep at tonight’s meeting. Details will be published in due course.

• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Sep 2018 12:21 #32 by BoardAdmin

More
28 Sep 2018 12:37 #33 by Mouldy
There were some questions on the list that I felt would be covered sufficiently in the rest of the meeting summary. The minutes offer a summary of topics with key info - if you want some further elaboration on a question you asked, please reply to this thread or e-mail us This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll go over things.

The meeting went on for over 3 hours and, I felt, was a lot more productive than the first one we attended.

all views my own
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

More
28 Sep 2018 13:38 #34 by nobbyblue

More
28 Sep 2018 13:49 #35 by Lakelandterrier

Lakelandterrier wrote: Why has the club not been publicly announced as up for sale?

Was this not asked? I see nothing of it in the minutes.

Cumbrian and Proud

• Southernblue
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
28 Sep 2018 14:13 #36 by Southernblue
Replied by Southernblue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

+ Was the price for a new scoreboard too high?
Quotes had been obtained from a supplier who had installed scoreboards at many football and other sports clubs.

You've got to hand it to them, on a scale of 1 - 10 of avoiding answering the actual question asked, that's a solid 10 good enough to make a politician proud

More
28 Sep 2018 14:55 - 28 Sep 2018 15:05 #37 by Mouldy

Southernblue wrote:

Quotes had been obtained from a supplier who has installed scoreboards at many football and other sports clubs.

You've got to hand it to them, on a scale of 1 - 10 of avoiding answering the actual question asked, that's a solid 10 good enough to make a politician proud

The discussion around scoreboard went as follows:

I asked a couple of the scoreboard relevant questions and the club tried to clear up some confusion that’s came about.

The scoreboard is not costing the club 50k. The scoreboard is not costing the club anything, it is looking at cost neutral options with the third party who has successfully installed throughout the EFL. The third party sell advertising space to local firms and groups on the board and claim back their costs over a period of time.

The club conceded there were cheaper options available, they also conceded they could look to crowd fund for a board but the approach is ‘why spend money if someone wants to install and service it for you for ‘x amount of time’ to claim back their expenditure?’.

all views my own
Last edit: 28 Sep 2018 15:05 by Mouldy.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

More
28 Sep 2018 15:01 #38 by Mouldy

Lakelandterrier wrote:

Lakelandterrier wrote: Why has the club not been publicly announced as up for sale?

Yes, I asked the question. Nigel said the club (mainly himself) have answered this question, or similarly worded questions, on more than one occasion - the reply hasn’t changed. From memory, that response was something along the lines of ‘people that would be interested know the position’.

Nigel did say he answers as many emails as possible so if you want a direct response, I’m sure he won’t mind you emailing him.

There was also discussion from other attendees (I can’t actually remember who brought it up) about why you didn’t see fit to ask the question yourself at the forum rather than sit silently. (Didn’t come from the club or me).

all views my own
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, CCU

More
28 Sep 2018 15:03 #39 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

Mouldy wrote:

Southernblue wrote:

Quotes had been obtained from a supplier who had installed scoreboards at many football and other sports clubs.

I asked a couple of the scoreboard relevant questions and the club tried to clear up some confusion that’s came about.

The scoreboard is not costing the club 50k. The scoreboard is not costing the club anything, it is looking at cost neutral options with the third party who hasn’t successfully installed throughout the EFL. The third party sell advertising space to local firms and groups on the board and claim back their costs over a period of time.

The club conceded there were cheaper options available, they also conceded they could look to crowd fund for a board but the approach is ‘why spend money if someone wants to install and service it for you for ‘x amount of time’ to claim back their expenditure?’.

Would the answer be because you can then sell sponsorship yourself?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

More
28 Sep 2018 15:07 #40 by Mouldy

Dancingbear wrote:

Mouldy wrote:

Southernblue wrote:

The scoreboard is not costing the club 50k. The scoreboard is not costing the club anything, it is looking at cost neutral options with the third party who hasn’t successfully installed throughout the EFL. The third party sell advertising space to local firms and groups on the board and claim back their costs over a period of time.

Perhaps. Nobody answered it at the time, I focused on asking the questions in front of me from you lot. I can note it as feedback for the next meeting if you'd like. I think the plan would be to get the scoreboard in, paid back and then take on running it and the commercial reward that came with extra advertising space at that point.

all views my own
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

More
28 Sep 2018 15:30 #41 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
So technically then just like with the catering the club are just too bone idle to manage and run it themselves.

When they say they have no money why do they constantly ignore opportunities that are in their control to bring in extra revenue?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, nobbyblue, Dancingbear

More
28 Sep 2018 16:12 - 28 Sep 2018 16:13 #42 by NORTHERNSOUL

Dancingbear wrote:

Mouldy wrote:

Southernblue wrote:

Well, I understood they'd already established that everybody they asked told them to them to get [censored]

Tell them I know someone with shedloads of cash under his bed who absolutely loves the club maybe they could ask him or even better twist his arm right up his back
Last edit: 28 Sep 2018 16:13 by NORTHERNSOUL.

More
28 Sep 2018 20:16 #43 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

Mouldy wrote:

Lakelandterrier wrote:

Yes, I asked the question. Nigel said the club (mainly himself) have answered this question, or similarly worded questions, on more than one occasion - the reply hasn’t changed. From memory, that response was something along the lines of ‘people that would be interested know the position’.

Nigel did say he answers as many emails as possible so if you want a direct response, I’m sure he won’t mind you emailing him.

There was also discussion from other attendees (I can’t actually remember who brought it up) about why you didn’t see fit to ask the question yourself at the forum rather than sit silently. (Didn’t come from the club or me).

I asked the question at the last but one forum and thought the answer was wholly inadequate. “Everyone in football knows CUFC are for sale therefore there’s no need to advertise it”. I followed up by asking “what about people outside the world of football” to which there was no reply. Are they just limiting themselves finding a buyer from within the footballing world? Do they even want to sell? I likened it to putting your house up for sale but only telling people that you know and hoping to find a buyer.

Steve Patt gave his usual patronising reply of “what paper do you want us to advertise it in” - par for the course from such a pathetic bloke. The fact is that nobody at the club has ever publicly announced the football club is for sale, instead trotting out the misleading line that they are continuingly “looking for investment” - a quite different thing.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, nobbyblue

More
28 Sep 2018 21:07 #44 by 182blue
Replied by 182blue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
The narrative always seems to be that unless you are prepared to spend 3 hours on a Monday night debating about the disabled away shelter and so on, then you should accept you aren’t part of the debate.
Hardcore fans that go to all the meetings, travel to loads of away games etc are valued and respected, but if we are to be more successful as a club, we must look outwards and to the future.
As a user of this forum I would like to express my thanks to CCU and Mouldy for representing a different view. I really think that it needs to come across that the people who attend these meetings are not a representative cross-section of the fan base as a whole.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, CCU, flumeblue, seesaw50, carwash

More
28 Sep 2018 21:17 #45 by Lakelandterrier

Mouldy wrote:

Lakelandterrier wrote:

I did ask it in private, i also decided to listen at the last forum.

Cumbrian and Proud

More
29 Sep 2018 07:50 #46 by Mouldy

munchymagic wrote: So technically then just like with the catering the club are just too bone idle to manage and run it themselves.

When they say they have no money why do they constantly ignore opportunities that are in their control to bring in extra revenue?

Do you want me to add this to the list of questions for the next meeting?

all views my own

More
29 Sep 2018 13:37 #47 by cousinscotty
Thank you for asking my question about not being able to exit from A Stand in order to shorten the queue from B Stand. I'm not convinced by the answer that there are children in A Stand as they have usually left very quickly after the match and the exit is clear - but, never mind, at least the issue was flagged up. Thanks, Mouldy.

More
29 Sep 2018 14:07 #48 by Mouldy
Nigel did say he’s going to look into the reasons and report back so maybe this week or down line it’ll be used as an exit route - who knows.

all views my own

• CarlisleWhite
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
29 Sep 2018 14:41 #49 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18
So Mouldy, do you think anything has been acheived?
On the face of it, not a sausage as far as I can see.
Just comes across as a talking shop, which we all know means Clibbens is like a pig in brown stuff.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

More
29 Sep 2018 15:14 #50 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 24 Sep 18

Mouldy wrote:

munchymagic wrote: So technically then just like with the catering the club are just too bone idle to manage and run it themselves.

Do you want me to add this to the list of questions for the next meeting?

Yes please Mouldy.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.