CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug 18

More
17 Aug 2018 13:25 #51 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug
I see no mention of improving the away fans disabled area. The wife commented on Tuesday it was disgraceful that the Blackburn disabled fans were getting soaked.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 13:30 #52 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Dancingbear wrote: I see no mention of improving the away fans disabled area. The wife commented on Tuesday it was disgraceful that the Blackburn disabled fans were getting soaked.


Well spotted. This was touched on in the general discussion points Barry raised but has not been included in minutes, admittedly it was very briefly raised.

There was no real progress from previous meetings but he is continuing to speak to bodies that help secure funding. It was suggested (by Simon I think) that speaking to local bus companies to see if they had any old shelters spare may progress things.

all views my own

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Southernblue
  • Southernblue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
17 Aug 2018 13:59 - 17 Aug 2018 14:02 #53 by Southernblue
Replied by Southernblue on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

CUOSC said they had 626 members at their membership year end, but this included 28 non-paying students from Runcorn


What on earth is that all about? Why would they have 28 non paying Students in Runcorn and why arent they paying?

Seems a bit random to me could understand students in Carlisle in that number but not Runcorn
Last edit: 17 Aug 2018 14:02 by Southernblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 14:08 #54 by Mortonblue
Replied by Mortonblue on topic Re:Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Southernblue wrote:

CUOSC said they had 626 members at their membership year end, but this included 28 non-paying students from Runcorn


What on earth is that all about? Why would they have 28 non paying Students in Runcorn and why arent they paying?

Seems a bit random to me could understand students in Carlisle in that number but not Runcorn

I think the students came up to Brunton Park a while ago with a coach/tutor & they enjoyed it so much they all came again.
( something on those lines)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 14:21 #55 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic Re:Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug
Questions for CCU and Mouldy.

Both of you had reservations before going. Having attended a meeting do you feel it was worth going?

You had reservations about the make up of the group, has that changed since attending the meeting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 15:06 - 17 Aug 2018 15:06 #56 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Re:Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Bumble wrote: Both of you had reservations before going. Having attended a meeting do you feel it was worth going?


We were there 3hrs, a timespan I didn’t expect! There is a solid structure to the Meetings in place that has obviously evolved since inception. An Agenda is also sent to Reps roughy a week before a Meeting.

Some Groups appeared more vocal than others, but that depends on issues they have to discuss, either their own or on behalf of others. It would be unfair to say this is the norm though until we’d been to a few Meetings.

Anything can be asked, and will be answered, be that by the Club or any of the other Groups present.

Overall, it was worth going to see how the Group has evolved in time. Only time can tell if it’s worthwhile though, and it would be wrong to judge on one visit.

You had reservations about the make up of the group, has that changed since attending the meeting?


No. I have my own ideas of how such a Group should work, which are a touch different from the current set-up. That’s my personal view though.

The upcoming vacancy for a SLO could be the making of CUSG however if the Club get it right.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 17 Aug 2018 15:06 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 15:13 #57 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic Re:Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug
Another question: When I read the minutes (not just this one but previous as well) I get the impression that the groups ask questions and the club reps answer them but very little going the other way (the club asking the fans questions). Did you feel that the club were looking for, and listening to the fans, and was there chance to disagree or question the clubs answers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 15:32 - 17 Aug 2018 15:37 #58 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Bumble wrote: Another question: When I read the minutes (not just this one but previous as well) I get the impression that the groups ask questions and the club reps answer them but very little going the other way (the club asking the fans questions). Did you feel that the club were looking for, and listening to the fans, and was there chance to disagree or question the clubs answers?


I agree with CCU. I have my own opinions on how the CUSG could function better, both in terms of make up and how it’s carried out. I think it’s just a case of having less folk around the table but representing more people - ie no need for 2/3 reps from a group unless that group has say over 500 people it’s representing (figure pulled at random). Not saying there shouldn’t be a team for each group collating/feeding back info mind.

I do feel it has potential to be very worthwhile for both club and supporter. In its current guise a lot of time is not efficient and perhaps the make up of the group is off kilter. I would suggest this is evidenced with the amount a topic is repeated on each 6 weekly meeting minutes without real progress or movement.

It was hard to tell on the first meeting wether the club take too much of a ‘listening’ role. I think there could have been more asked of the groups from the club this week but that said, I wouldn’t necessarily say this first week is entirely representative of the group.

I think the balance of honesty was fair, the balance of club questions to groups vs group questions to the club was probably imbalanced. Groups asked far more - but the general feeling I got was that there were a lot of questions to be answered this week (we took a rake more than usual) so that could have been the reason the club weren’t as ‘seeking’ as they could be. They did respond positively to a couple of suggestions that were voiced, but as per my criticism noted in the minutes - reactive not necessarily proactive.

I don’t see this group as an opportunity for fans to ask the club about potential signings or player sales - that should come through the media in my eyes or at the fans forums which should be more frequent. I’d welcome the opportunity for groups to submit questions that get asked at the weekly media briefing regards the football team. These meetings IMO should be purely focussed on improving things for fans (and club alike) and overcoming the huge gulf between us.

In an ideal world I think the SLO heads up the CUSG to stay in direct contact with as many fans groups as possible. This wouldn’t be a case of them being there to listen, they too would ask questions, ask for help/suggestions etc.

As I say, very early days for us and I’m sure we’ll see more and feedback more to answer your question further down line.

all views my own
Last edit: 17 Aug 2018 15:37 by Mouldy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 15:38 #59 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Mortonblue wrote:

Southernblue wrote:

CUOSC said they had 626 members at their membership year end, but this included 28 non-paying students from Runcorn


What on earth is that all about? Why would they have 28 non paying Students in Runcorn and why arent they paying?

Seems a bit random to me could understand students in Carlisle in that number but not Runcorn

I think the students came up to Brunton Park a while ago with a coach/tutor & they enjoyed it so much they all came again.
( something on those lines)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Yes that’s the story. CUOSC covered the membership cost.

all views my own

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 18:56 #60 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Mouldy wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: I see no mention of improving the away fans disabled area. The wife commented on Tuesday it was disgraceful that the Blackburn disabled fans were getting soaked.


Well spotted. This was touched on in the general discussion points Barry raised but has not been included in minutes, admittedly it was very briefly raised.

There was no real progress from previous meetings but he is continuing to speak to bodies that help secure funding. It was suggested (by Simon I think) that speaking to local bus companies to see if they had any old shelters spare may progress things.


Old Bus shelters for fu.cks sake I think they're making the ground look as non-league as they can ready for when we finally arrive there.

Why can't they just look at other clubs solutions and follow suit there is a simple one in the east stand that requires no more than a couple of lorries of concrete and some railings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 19:19 #61 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug
The monstrosity at the end of the paddock is indeed a monstrosity.It looks like a loose box in a field

Tell you what Barry-why don’t you see how much cash you can raise under charitable status from the fan base and replace it with something which is relevant to this century?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 19:32 #62 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Laffy wrote: The monstrosity at the end of the paddock is indeed a monstrosity.It looks like a loose box in a field

Tell you what Barry-why don’t you see how much cash you can raise under charitable status from the fan base and replace it with something which is relevant to this century?


Nah i.d just charge em fifty quid and call it Wheelchairer of the week. Looks to me like the more spaces you provide the more demand you create

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 19:33 #63 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Laffy wrote: The monstrosity at the end of the paddock is indeed a monstrosity.It looks like a loose box in a field

Tell you what Barry-why don’t you see how much cash you can raise under charitable status from the fan base and replace it with something which is relevant to this century?


Barry Carter has been dealing with, and is close to obtaining, grant funding for an extension of the paddock disabled seating area which will see a complete new structure spanning the full width, with the temporary one that’s there now coming down. Long overdue and much better suited.

all views my own

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 19:40 #64 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug
Well done Barry Carter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 20:36 #65 by Mortonblue
Replied by Mortonblue on topic Re:Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Mouldy wrote:

Laffy wrote: The monstrosity at the end of the paddock is indeed a monstrosity.It looks like a loose box in a field

Tell you what Barry-why don’t you see how much cash you can raise under charitable status from the fan base and replace it with something which is relevant to this century?


Barry Carter has been dealing with, and is close to obtaining, grant funding for an extension of the paddock disabled seating area which will see a complete new structure spanning the full width, with the temporary one that’s there now coming down. Long overdue and much better suited.

If that's the case ( well done Narry Carter, by the way) ...why are the club looking to obtain an old bus shelter?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 20:37 #66 by Mortonblue
Replied by Mortonblue on topic Re:Re:Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Mortonblue wrote:

Mouldy wrote:

Laffy wrote: The monstrosity at the end of the paddock is indeed a monstrosity.It looks like a loose box in a field

Tell you what Barry-why don’t you see how much cash you can raise under charitable status from the fan base and replace it with something which is relevant to this century?


Barry Carter has been dealing with, and is close to obtaining, grant funding for an extension of the paddock disabled seating area which will see a complete new structure spanning the full width, with the temporary one that’s there now coming down. Long overdue and much better suited.

If that's the case ( well done Narry Carter, by the way) ...why are the club looking to obtain an old bus shelter?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Barry Carter*

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 20:55 - 17 Aug 2018 20:59 #67 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Re:Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Mortonblue wrote:

Mouldy wrote:

Laffy wrote: The monstrosity at the end of the paddock is indeed a monstrosity.It looks like a loose box in a field

Tell you what Barry-why don’t you see how much cash you can raise under charitable status from the fan base and replace it with something which is relevant to this century?




Barry Carter has been dealing with, and is close to obtaining, grant funding for an extension of the paddock disabled seating area which will see a complete new structure spanning the full width, with the temporary one that’s there now coming down. Long overdue and much better suited.

If that's the case ( well done Narry Carter, by the way) ...why are the club looking to obtain an old bus shelter?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


This should have been down to SP and his firm in the form of new investment

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 17 Aug 2018 20:59 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 21:08 - 17 Aug 2018 21:09 #68 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Re:Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug
I've just waded through the 34 pages of the Charter 18/19 and 17/18 combined. Corporate stuff required by EFL mostly but necessary in today's world.
My question as to how the future direction of the club is going that was asked for in writing at the Fans Forum was mainly answered i guess at the end.
Communication that's all we want

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 17 Aug 2018 21:09 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 21:12 #69 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Mortonblue wrote:

Mouldy wrote:

Laffy wrote: The monstrosity at the end of the paddock is indeed a monstrosity.It looks like a loose box in a field

Tell you what Barry-why don’t you see how much cash you can raise under charitable status from the fan base and replace it with something which is relevant to this century?


Barry Carter has been dealing with, and is close to obtaining, grant funding for an extension of the paddock disabled seating area which will see a complete new structure spanning the full width, with the temporary one that’s there now coming down. Long overdue and much better suited.

If that's the case ( well done Narry Carter, by the way) ...why are the club looking to obtain an old bus shelter?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


The club, nor any of the other groups present said they were going to, it was merely suggested. The suggestion was about the away end however, not the paddock as criticised by Laffy

all views my own

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 Aug 2018 13:10 - 20 Aug 2018 13:13 #70 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug
Split Bumbles post, so that the SLO stuff can be separate, as it’s a topic that needs its own.

Rest of her post here:

I reread the minutes on the way back from Cheltenham. I do feel since Mouldy and CCU agreed to go it would be good if we (message boarders) are proactive and give them ideas for the next time.

So:

FANZONE - really not sure about this. It needs much better signage. I walked past just after midday and nothing shouted Fanzone to me. Personally think I'd worry more about a Fanzone when the inside bars are totally packed out. Particularly with the cold weather coming, coming early to stand outside in a fanzone doesn't really appeal.

SCOREBOARD - We need one. Even a basic one would be better than nothing. Waffling around for 6 months only says to me that the club can't afford one. What does everyone feel about CrowdFunding? It was amazing how quickly the message board raised money for a player. Would a scoreboard be less contentious, last longer and be more universally liked? Still feel if Accrington can surely we can? Ideally it would be something that a Supporters club would raise money for but that's not going to happen so woud it be worth a go?

SHIRTS - Let's be having em! There was no mention in the minutes of what they were going to do to stop another debacle happening next season. We need to know that they are starting to work on next seasons kits NOW, not after Christmas. I may be wrong but I think the Umbro deal was a two year deal. If so this is the second year, so the priority is to decide if they are going to stick with Umbro or go elsewhere. Only after that's done and dusted can they talk about strips, so, if that isn't already sorted it has to be done now.

MASCOTS - Not going there.

SUNSET SUITE MEMORABILIA - Glad to see this is moving on as the Sunset looks a bit bare. I know there was an appeal for stuff a whle ago, I was busy at the time and didn't send anything through. Always enjoyed the history of the club. Personally I'd like the chance to help with that sort of thing but don't know if it's open to just fans. In some ways CUSG needs to open its doors and let everyone know what's going on.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet
Last edit: 20 Aug 2018 13:13 by BoardAdmin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2018 14:02 - 20 Aug 2018 14:43 #71 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

BoardAdmin wrote: Split Bumbles post, so that the SLO stuff can be separate, as it’s a topic that needs its own.

Rest of her post here:

I reread the minutes on the way back from Cheltenham. I do feel since Mouldy and CCU agreed to go it would be good if we (message boarders) are proactive and give them ideas for the next time.

So:

FANZONE - really not sure about this. It needs much better signage. I walked past just after midday and nothing shouted Fanzone to me. Personally think I'd worry more about a Fanzone when the inside bars are totally packed out. Particularly with the cold weather coming, coming early to stand outside in a fanzone doesn't really appeal.

SCOREBOARD - We need one. Even a basic one would be better than nothing. Waffling around for 6 months only says to me that the club can't afford one. What does everyone feel about CrowdFunding? It was amazing how quickly the message board raised money for a player. Would a scoreboard be less contentious, last longer and be more universally liked? Still feel if Accrington can surely we can? Ideally it would be something that a Supporters club would raise money for but that's not going to happen so woud it be worth a go?

SHIRTS - Let's be having em! There was no mention in the minutes of what they were going to do to stop another debacle happening next season. We need to know that they are starting to work on next seasons kits NOW, not after Christmas. I may be wrong but I think the Umbro deal was a two year deal. If so this is the second year, so the priority is to decide if they are going to stick with Umbro or go elsewhere. Only after that's done and dusted can they talk about strips, so, if that isn't already sorted it has to be done now.

MASCOTS - Not going there.

SUNSET SUITE MEMORABILIA - Glad to see this is moving on as the Sunset looks a bit bare. I know there was an appeal for stuff a whle ago, I was busy at the time and didn't send anything through. Always enjoyed the history of the club. Personally I'd like the chance to help with that sort of thing but don't know if it's open to just fans. In some ways CUSG needs to open its doors and let everyone know what's going on.


Bumble, Simon has taken a lead role on the sunset by all accounts but I’m sure he’d love a bit of assistance and to tap into your knowledge/image bank/experience. I’ve emailed him.

Edit to add I’ve slid in to your Twitter DM’s.

all views my own
Last edit: 20 Aug 2018 14:43 by Mouldy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2018 11:12 #72 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Laffy wrote: Well done Barry Carter.


It was me that suggested it and gave him the forms!

When did the shelter suddenly become temporary?

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2018 11:22 #73 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Mullen103 wrote:

Laffy wrote: Well done Barry Carter.


It was me that suggested it and gave him the forms!

When did the shelter suddenly become temporary?


Welcome back pal :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2018 11:34 #74 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

munchymagic wrote:

Mullen103 wrote:

Laffy wrote: Well done Barry Carter.


It was me that suggested it and gave him the forms!

When did the shelter suddenly become temporary?


Welcome back pal :)


Wasn’t going to come back, enjoyed being away from it but I had to defend myself on other thread.

Hope your healths improving.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2018 11:38 #75 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Re:CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

Mullen103 wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Mullen103 wrote:

Laffy wrote: Well done Barry Carter.


It was me that suggested it and gave him the forms!

When did the shelter suddenly become temporary?


Welcome back pal :)


Wasn’t going to come back, enjoyed being away from it but I had to defend myself on other thread.

Hope your healths improving.


Cheers pal :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
30 Aug 2018 15:02 #76 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 13 Aug

BoardAdmin wrote: Split Bumbles post, so that the SLO stuff can be separate, as it’s a topic that needs its own.

Rest of her post here:

I reread the minutes on the way back from Cheltenham. I do feel since Mouldy and CCU agreed to go it would be good if we (message boarders) are proactive and give them ideas for the next time.

So:

FANZONE - really not sure about this. It needs much better signage. I walked past just after midday and nothing shouted Fanzone to me. Personally think I'd worry more about a Fanzone when the inside bars are totally packed out. Particularly with the cold weather coming, coming early to stand outside in a fanzone doesn't really appeal.

SCOREBOARD - We need one. Even a basic one would be better than nothing. Waffling around for 6 months only says to me that the club can't afford one. What does everyone feel about CrowdFunding? It was amazing how quickly the message board raised money for a player. Would a scoreboard be less contentious, last longer and be more universally liked? Still feel if Accrington can surely we can? Ideally it would be something that a Supporters club would raise money for but that's not going to happen so woud it be worth a go?

SHIRTS - Let's be having em! There was no mention in the minutes of what they were going to do to stop another debacle happening next season. We need to know that they are starting to work on next seasons kits NOW, not after Christmas. I may be wrong but I think the Umbro deal was a two year deal. If so this is the second year, so the priority is to decide if they are going to stick with Umbro or go elsewhere. Only after that's done and dusted can they talk about strips, so, if that isn't already sorted it has to be done now.

MASCOTS - Not going there.

SUNSET SUITE MEMORABILIA - Glad to see this is moving on as the Sunset looks a bit bare. I know there was an appeal for stuff a whle ago, I was busy at the time and didn't send anything through. Always enjoyed the history of the club. Personally I'd like the chance to help with that sort of thing but don't know if it's open to just fans. In some ways CUSG needs to open its doors and let everyone know what's going on.



6 months?

Try 33 months on for size.

The floods were in December 2015 and it has been Donald Ducked since then in one way or another.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.