CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

More
08 Dec 2019 14:38 #51 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

munchymagic wrote:

Lakelandterrier wrote:

munchymagic wrote: I think in all fairness EWM need till at least the summer to finalise their proposed takeover.

If it turns into another saga like the last billionaire incident then this would be a bigger farce as PD has had long enough to assess things and he has already seen the books so quite frankly then this would be unacceptable.



EWM/P Day have knowns the state of the club since 2017 when they were begged by the Custodians to help because they are skint.
It should be straight forward debt for equity meaning he takes control.


He virtually is running the show anyhow and doesn't seem to want any interference which must mean he is serious about this.

The embarrassing side of this for Holdsworth/EWM/The Board was that they were horrified at the money Curle was spending and made this public and then they go out and sign terrible players on more money.

I am basing this on what Jenkins said when he stated that the playing budget for this season was higher than last and Lummys comments.


Well what Curle was spending was about a million pounds a year short of what's needed to nail promotion on [ 500K of it would come back in increased turnover ] So if he's not willing to fund it to the tune of 500k a year Day and his bunch of [censored] s might as well [censored] off now as they're just wasting both their time and ours.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2019 14:51 #52 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

munchymagic wrote:

Lakelandterrier wrote:

munchymagic wrote: I think in all fairness EWM need till at least the summer to finalise their proposed takeover.

If it turns into another saga like the last billionaire incident then this would be a bigger farce as PD has had long enough to assess things and he has already seen the books so quite frankly then this would be unacceptable.



EWM/P Day have knowns the state of the club since 2017 when they were begged by the Custodians to help because they are skint.
It should be straight forward debt for equity meaning he takes control.


He virtually is running the show anyhow and doesn't seem to want any interference which must mean he is serious about this.

The embarrassing side of this for Holdsworth/EWM/The Board was that they were horrified at the money Curle was spending and made this public and then they go out and sign terrible players on more money.

I am basing this on what Jenkins said when he stated that the playing budget for this season was higher than last and Lummys comments.


Please don't listen to a single word the senile old [censored] says

The budget this year is less than 50% of what was spent in the Curle playoff year. Play the guess the wage game yourself it's not hard and apart from Mike Jones i.d bet that none of this year's bunch is even on 50% of what Nicky Adams earned that year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2019 15:14 #53 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

CCU wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: Ok as a result of hearing Lummy on RC 2 mins ago......

Q. Have the club put pressure on Leeds to cough up for McCarron and Galloway. We understand nothing has been paid yet.

Q. Why agree to "sell" these young players if no money is forthcoming.

What's the story Seesaw. Are Leeds not stumping up what is due?



From the last CUSG Q’s:

The McCarron money has not been received in full. The part we have got so far has been retained in the club, some for its day-to-day activities, some for A stand and the rest has gone into increasing the football player budget for this season.

We have not received any cash in respect of the Galloway sale so far.

We will decide what to do with the Galloway money and the rest of the McCarron money in the future. This a welcome future windfall that again makes us stronger.


Likely nothing more than agreed payments in stages?

If it is Leeds taking their time, then a 20 points deduction will do...

;)



I think some of you should have a read of this

www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/23492...s-capture-leif-davis

Morecambe fans based on what other clubs had been sniffing around at were expecting the deal to be worth about a million [ and he hadn't made his debut unlike McCarron ] and they've ended up with 50k

Up to me as soon as they show potential stick em on one of Holdsworth's 350 a week 3-year contracts and put a million-pound price on their head if one in three gets a bite at that you're well into pocket and if not you end up with an established league two-player who you tout for sale in the last window of his contract if he.s refusing to sign again.

Giving them one-year deals is just a waste of time as has been proved by Galloway christ the extra 2 years only costs you 35k but you save 3 times that by not having to fund a full wage player in the squad. I would also do what I believe Tranmere have done and refuse to deal with agents of any player under the age of 21 parents or PFA Reps only.

I just get the idea Jenkins thinks he can sell these kids for enough to pay off EWM thereby making his shareholding have value again at which point he.d be more than happy to bail out taking whatever somebody will pay for a debt-free club. Making his leeches of sons very happy in the process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CarlisleWhite
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
08 Dec 2019 15:25 #54 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
He was getting kept out the first team by a journeyman NS. This was why I was banging on about Galloway being given game time and McCarron a regular spot - what was there to lose, and everything to gain.
Great article on Davies here;
www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/foo...t-elland-road-921523

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2019 16:15 #55 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

CarlisleWhite wrote: He was getting kept out the first team by a journeyman NS. This was why I was banging on about Galloway being given game time and McCarron a regular spot - what was there to lose, and everything to gain.
Great article on Davies here;
www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/foo...t-elland-road-921523


So you admit 50k is a joke then CW ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CarlisleWhite
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
08 Dec 2019 16:53 #56 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote: He was getting kept out the first team by a journeyman NS. This was why I was banging on about Galloway being given game time and McCarron a regular spot - what was there to lose, and everything to gain.
Great article on Davies here;
www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/foo...t-elland-road-921523


So you admit 50k is a joke then CW ?

Looks like it now, but at the time he was a youth that could not get a game, and was in a team that did not want him and was happy to have a journeyman in his position. Stephens from Forest Green or Edmundson from York are better examples.
You either give young players a pathway or you don't.
Can't help thinking Branthwaite has only originally had a run because of the Galloway experience, and has grasped it with both hands to be fair. Not convinced he is premier quality yet though.
That said, £1M is loose change, so someone will probably take a punt on him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2019 17:41 #57 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

CarlisleWhite wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote: He was getting kept out the first team by a journeyman NS. This was why I was banging on about Galloway being given game time and McCarron a regular spot - what was there to lose, and everything to gain.
Great article on Davies here;
www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/foo...t-elland-road-921523


So you admit 50k is a joke then CW ?

Looks like it now, but at the time he was a youth that could not get a game, and was in a team that did not want him and was happy to have a journeyman in his position. Stephens from Forest Green or Edmundson from York are better examples.
You either give young players a pathway or you don't.
Can't help thinking Branthwaite has only originally had a run because of the Galloway experience, and has grasped it with both hands to be fair. Not convinced he is premier quality yet though.
That said, £1M is loose change, so someone will probably take a punt on him.


Exactly clubs like Leeds will go well we stitched Morecambe up for 950k so we can well afford to have a punt on this lad they're all talking about at Carlisle. after all looks like we've done them over too twice already this season.

Then again we can always try giving that nice Mr Holdsworth another fat A4 Envelope first tho can't we ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2019 18:38 - 08 Dec 2019 18:39 #58 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Q’s for CUOSC:

It’s now over 5yrs since you launched your ‘5 Year Plan’ - www.cuosc.org.uk/downloads/fyppresentation.pdf - Would you agree that it’s been a failure, as many of the aims have simply not been reached? Is it still a ‘live’ document, and if so, will you publish an updated version?

You have a Board of 8, plus a Secretary. Of these 8, two are listed as ‘Project Lead - Corporates’ and another two are listed as ‘Commercial & Marketing’. Both are areas in which many deem CUOSC to have made the impact of a chocolate teapot. I believe (Apologies if I’m wrong!) that CUOSC are also Members of the CUFC Business Club. Why is there such a top heavy approach to Business when your primary duty should be to the every day fans? Surely Membership of the Business Club is a waste of what little funds you have, and the money used could be better utilised elsewhere?

Your communication output is poor at best. The weekly Newsletter is a positive, but your website (Appreciate this is close to relaunching), social media output and general approach to comms is below par. What steps do you intend to take in future to improve this area?

Given the sum total of the above questions, do you agree that the Board of CUOSC are possibly stale, given it’s been the same faces for many years now? Would you be prepared to all stand for re-election if it encouraged new blood to stand against you and get involved?

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 08 Dec 2019 18:39 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, melbourneblues, Mush, Dancingbear, NORTHERNSOUL and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2019 18:52 #59 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Very good question(s) CCU.

No objectives have been achieved in their 5 year plan.

This question will be asked after the trust meeting (either on the 14/15) and I’d encourage the trust board to stand down making way for new/full elections. I know people that will not stand because of the current personnel.

3 /5 years maximum is enough. Too many people have been on the trusts board too long without achieving anything.

Agree: the trust is there to serve supporters, I’ve no idea what the trusts purpose is - apart from self grandeur.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arragorn
  • Arragorn's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
08 Dec 2019 22:33 #60 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Not sure if this has been asked before but for CUOSC:
Who gave you the right to call yourselves the Official Supporters Club? You no more represent the majority of supporters than I do.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, melbourneblues, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CarlisleWhite
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
09 Dec 2019 08:09 #61 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote: He was getting kept out the first team by a journeyman NS. This was why I was banging on about Galloway being given game time and McCarron a regular spot - what was there to lose, and everything to gain.
Great article on Davies here;
www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/foo...t-elland-road-921523


So you admit 50k is a joke then CW ?

Looks like it now, but at the time he was a youth that could not get a game, and was in a team that did not want him and was happy to have a journeyman in his position. Stephens from Forest Green or Edmundson from York are better examples.
You either give young players a pathway or you don't.
Can't help thinking Branthwaite has only originally had a run because of the Galloway experience, and has grasped it with both hands to be fair. Not convinced he is premier quality yet though.
That said, £1M is loose change, so someone will probably take a punt on him.


Exactly clubs like Leeds will go well we stitched Morecambe up for 950k so we can well afford to have a punt on this lad they're all talking about at Carlisle. after all looks like we've done them over too twice already this season.

Then again we can always try giving that nice Mr Holdsworth another fat A4 Envelope first tho can't we ?

Leeds, nor any championship club, will not pay £1M on a punt I would say.
FFP prevents punts these days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2019 22:47 #62 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Has Phil Day been to Brunton park in the last few months ?

Have you ever met Day ?

Yourself, Nixon & Jenkins hVe all previously said any investor must have a plan etc.., well what is EWM’s plan ?

What are the club doing to boost commercial revenue (sponsorship, merchandise sale etc) additionally events ?

Tuesday night was arguably one of the lowest points under the current ownership, (that attendance was abysmal). FYI we got 2357 (88 away fans) v Gillingham in 2017 (even after the game was delayed 24 hours). This isn’t good enough, but rather than asking for an explanation, I want to know what the clubs doing to address this... as the falling attendances can’t continue.

Bradford on Boxing Day will mark the last home game at Brunton Park of the Decade, bar a trip to Wembley in a completion which is now a joke, and a botched playoff attempt, we’ve had absolutely nothing to cheer about, why should I keep going the next decade ?

Can we have some clear, short and medium term objectives to get behind and believe in ? (Can we make these achievable too, rather than Nixon’s claims about local players being developed 1-10 spiel which we were given at the start of the decade)

Jenkins said: “He has a proven track record in the identification and recruitment of players [note - Dale Stephens, David Worrall, Will Buckley, Scott Hogan, Jamie Allen and Andy Cannon £25 million]” how much did Rochdale actually receive, struggle to Identify beyond £5 million going to Rochdale, how much of a thought did this play in the selection process?

Beech appointment statement mentions actually nothing about promotion footballing ambitions, is this the direction the current custodians want to go in (I.e just selling players and making money)?

On the appointment of Beech do you not think it would of been professional to hear from our director of football on the matter ?


If the rumoured transfers do happen, for players with sell on clauses and Branthwaite, will the club be spending this on the first team, if so with the figures touted about will it be a case of promotion is a must next season ?

The EFL rules State “114 Club Contracts
114.1 No Club shall enter into a contract which enables any other party to that contract to acquire the ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its teams in League Matches or matches in any other recognised competition.” Does our agreement with Mr Day not influence our policies (seems transfer policies and engagement policies have been influenced)?


Will Nixon, Jenkins and Pattinson be attending the next fans forum, so we can actually ask what is going on with EWM ? EFL rules require at least Jenkins to be their:” as majority shareholder.
“18 Supporter Engagement
118.1 Clubs shall hold at least two meetings/fans forums per Season to which its supporters (or representatives) are to be invited in order to discuss significant issues relating to the Club. The framework for these meetings shall be documented in the Club’s customer charter, but are subject to the following minimum criteria:
118.1.1 Clubs must be represented by the Club’s majority owner, board director(s) or other senior executive(s)”


If I was to win euro millions this Friday (hopefully) and came to you on Saturday to buy CUFC how much would I be required to pay ? (Would the current owners be happy to walk away for their guarntees covered with EWM)

What’s the status with Nathan Rooney, are the rumours true ? If so www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/17786958.ext...oss-steven-pressley/ have we been misinformed again ?

Finally will Andrew Jenkins be chucking some more Money in the January to fix his mess again (as previously happened) or will EWM make this available or will we just be continuing with arguably the worst squad in our history?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2019 20:38 #63 by United63
Replied by United63 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Can club confirm 100% we have sell on clause on cosgrove Aberdeen manager says no

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Dec 2019 18:00 #64 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Thanks for all Q’s, we’ll compile the list and forward it later this evening!

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2019 20:22 #65 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Many thanks

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2019 10:57 #66 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
I know I’m too late for a question to be added but maybe for early discussion to be added to the next agenda.

It’ll need a lot of new branding but why doesn’t CUSG take over the running of the supporters club and call it something like Carlisle United official supporters Group. Each separate group can still have their own identity but come together as one to run it together. Charge £10 membership and gets you priority tickets, free entry to forums lol and events.

Cuosc rebrand as the trust again and look after that - still do what they do with their newsletters but any money coming in each year over expenses goes to help the club.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2019 20:28 - 15 Dec 2019 20:28 #67 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Will note it Mullen. Constitution revisit is on agenda so I’ll mention it.

all views my own
Last edit: 15 Dec 2019 20:28 by Mouldy.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2019 09:02 #68 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Something else that came out of the trust meeting was the fact the SLO and meet and greeters having to pay for their own tickets for the Forest Green match FA cup match.

Meet and greeters we can argue if they deserve a free ticket - they should really but the SLO definitely get a free ticket as its part of his remit to be in the ground, again we argue how effective he is but he has to be there.

The reason was that we could only have a set amount of complimentary tickets for FA cup matches - surely to god the SLO is a priority. If that was me I'd tell them to stick it - I bet the directors didn't have to pay.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2019 07:41 #69 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Update regarding Q’s for CUSG.

We normally open the Thread a week before the Meeting. We had a little discussion with Nigel Clibbens and Andy Hall last night and moving forward, we’ll start the Thread 2 weeks before in future.

Just gives more time for both Q&A’s to be formulated and sent back and forth etc...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2019 08:44 #70 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

CCU wrote: Update regarding Q’s for CUSG.

We normally open the Thread a week before the Meeting. We had a little discussion with Nigel Clibbens and Andy Hall last night and moving forward, we’ll start the Thread 2 weeks before in future.

Just gives more time for both Q&A’s to be formulated and sent back and forth etc...


They realize that gives me and Mullen more time to ask questions right?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2019 11:49 #71 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

Kessler wrote:

CCU wrote: Update regarding Q’s for CUSG.

We normally open the Thread a week before the Meeting. We had a little discussion with Nigel Clibbens and Andy Hall last night and moving forward, we’ll start the Thread 2 weeks before in future.

Just gives more time for both Q&A’s to be formulated and sent back and forth etc...


They realize that gives me and Mullen more time to ask questions right?


There's a lot of questions this month - it'll take them a while to answer.

But with more people asking questions, I won't need to ask any - there's a lot of good questions this month.

I'm setting a target of 2 questions by the end of the season, that'll mean either I'm happy or other people are asking/getting involved.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2019 19:19 #72 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Nigel commented that the type of question being asked, on the whole, is changing and moving away from questions based on hearsay or conspiracy and moving to fact based questions. Said he’d enjoyed reading and responding to them.

all views my own
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2019 20:04 #73 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

Mouldy wrote: Nigel commented that the type of question being asked, on the whole, is changing and moving away from questions based on hearsay or conspiracy and moving to fact based questions. Said he’d enjoyed reading and responding to them.


Glad to hear that, but I don't understand why there seems to be an objection to questions based on hearsay. If the club want to improve the relationship with fans then in my opinion that has to be built on a foundation of openness and communication. If we hear rumours or speculation then we should be able to ask for clarification. If we don't allow questions like that then it just adds to the feeling that we aren't being kept in the loop. I appreciate that sometimes there may be a reason we can't get those answers like NDAs or confidentiality agreements but if fans hear speculation involving their club then I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask the club for comment. And I didn't "move away" from asking a question based on hearsay, I was explicitly told by an admin that I wasn't allowed to ask it. I respect that decision but I still think it was the wrong one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2019 20:20 #74 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
It wasn’t...

;)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2019 21:11 #75 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
There’s no objection to it as such Kessler, and to be fair to Nigel he answers most things put in front of him. It’s just that it’s often easier to discuss and inform based on facts and figures etc. So if it’s based on hearsay or opinion it can often lead to the answer being not as factual or informative as other questions.

Worth noting as well Nigel did say if there’s questions to be asked, ask them. I don’t think he (in particular) is hiding from any questions.

all views my own

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2019 21:23 #76 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

Mouldy wrote: There’s no objection to it as such Kessler, and to be fair to Nigel he answers most things put in front of him. It’s just that it’s often easier to discuss and inform based on facts and figures etc. So if it’s based on hearsay or opinion it can often lead to the answer being not as factual or informative as other questions.


He does do a good job of answering most questions, but I don't agree with that last bit. If fans hear a rumour and ask what the club has to say about it, the clubs response whether they accept or dispute the rumour will be informative because it will let fans know what the official stance is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2019 22:07 #77 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

Kessler wrote:

Mouldy wrote: Nigel commented that the type of question being asked, on the whole, is changing and moving away from questions based on hearsay or conspiracy and moving to fact based questions. Said he’d enjoyed reading and responding to them.


Glad to hear that, but I don't understand why there seems to be an objection to questions based on hearsay. If the club want to improve the relationship with fans then in my opinion that has to be built on a foundation of openness and communication. If we hear rumours or speculation then we should be able to ask for clarification. If we don't allow questions like that then it just adds to the feeling that we aren't being kept in the loop. I appreciate that sometimes there may be a reason we can't get those answers like NDAs or confidentiality agreements but if fans hear speculation involving their club then I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask the club for comment. And I didn't "move away" from asking a question based on hearsay, I was explicitly told by an admin that I wasn't allowed to ask it. I respect that decision but I still think it was the wrong one.


Simple answer to that ist there? Lets get an owner who knows how to open a laptop and log into twitter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2019 15:50 #78 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Pure and simple questions every time or was that Liberty x

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, ParcelPete, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 12:18 - 20 Dec 2019 12:18 #79 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 20 Dec 2019 12:18 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 13:10 #80 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

CCU wrote: Minutes:



Q&A:

www.carlisleunited.co.uk/siteassets/docu...2019---version-2.pdf



Thats making my bloody head hurt

Clibbins clearly has way too much time on his hands. Maybe about time he got a paintbrush out and actually did something useful for his 75 grand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
20 Dec 2019 13:29 #81 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Bucket collections to raise money to refurbish the bars?

That is a joke yeah?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 13:53 #82 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Many thanks for those that answered the questions - I found them interesting, to say the least.

CUSG minutes delay: Happy with the in depth responce. However i'm sure members at cusg were told at the meeting they'd be delayed and not on the Wednesday as mentioned. CCU/Mouldy can confirm - I still see no reason why they couldn't be released Friday, reading the reasons, but the responder has a point we all have differing opinion so will leave it there.

Nixon: We all know why he's on both boards then.

Holdsworth: AN EWM appointment, as the club has said, but handpicked like the current managers role therefore the holdings board didn't have any comparisons - I think this type of approach/appointment stinks and its more a case of who you know rather than what you know - he hasn't been successful has he.

EWM: We know they call the shots, more so on these responces. Every man and his dog know they are the successors so why the secrecy.

Clibbens has great use of the English language, far better than me, some of the answers were really good, although i disagree with the points on Jenkins etc.

Trust: HOW CAN THE TRUST SAY THEY HAVE ACHIEVED EVERY OBJECTIVE IN THEIR 5 YEAR PLAN - How???? It's like comical Ali they have achieved none, or not many - that is an amazing thing to say. Noticed they didn't reply on the resign/restand question.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 15:33 #83 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
"Interestingly, questions are aimed increasingly at getting a comment or responses to facts or issues (like Q3-6,1-11,14-19 etc )–and fewer about confirming/denying rumours or claims (Q40)."

I wanted to ask a question about a rumour but was told I wasn't allowed to ask it. If you're not going to allow questions about rumours then fine, but don't make out the lack of any such questions are because fans are choosing not to ask them.

Nigel said that all questions are welcome, but I wasn't allowed to ask a question about new information regarding Patt's alleged behaviour at Northampton.

I agree with Nigel about the need to separate subjective opinion and objective facts, but I think it's hard to do that in a setting where fans are not allowed to ask questions about rumours. The reality is that even though people shouldn't jump to conclusions when they hear rumours, they often do. The best way of tackling that and clearing up any misunderstandings is for the club to be transparent about things. If we hear a rumour, we should be able to go to the club and ask for their side of the story. If the club doesn't comment on something, that can sometimes just fuel the speculation and then some people end up accepting a rumour as fact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 15:43 #84 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
On the whole, some good and detailed responses. I'm fairly happy and agree with Nigel's response on what the directors need to work on when engaging with fans - put the interests of the club first, engaging and talking to fans directly, fans forum, sharing more information openly and honestly.

He also asked what fans think directors can do in this regard. The main one for me is just being open and honest with us. There are things I feel the directors get wrong, but I'm not expecting perfection. What matters to me is integrity. If you get things wrong or you mess up, hold your hands up, come out and own that mistake. You'll get a lot of respect from me because I'll know I can trust you to be honest about anything you get wrong in the future.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 15:59 #85 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
You've a good point there Kessler - people/I make mistakes everyday, its part of life accept them and learn.

Our owners never make a mistake, sign of naccisstic behaviour, and think they know best. NC put in the responces that the directors know they have made a mistake, however they have yet to tell us or apologise - thats what gets you respect.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 16:22 #86 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

Mullen103 wrote: Many thanks for those that answered the questions - I found them interesting, to say the least.

CUSG minutes delay: Happy with the in depth responce. However i'm sure members at cusg were told at the meeting they'd be delayed and not on the Wednesday as mentioned. CCU/Mouldy can confirm - I still see no reason why they couldn't be released Friday, reading the reasons, but the responder has a point we all have differing opinion so will leave it there.

Nixon: We all know why he's on both boards then.

Holdsworth: AN EWM appointment, as the club has said, but handpicked like the current managers role therefore the holdings board didn't have any comparisons - I think this type of approach/appointment stinks and its more a case of who you know rather than what you know - he hasn't been successful has he.

EWM: We know they call the shots, more so on these responces. Every man and his dog know they are the successors so why the secrecy.

Clibbens has great use of the English language, far better than me, some of the answers were really good, although i disagree with the points on Jenkins etc.

Trust: HOW CAN THE TRUST SAY THEY HAVE ACHIEVED EVERY OBJECTIVE IN THEIR 5 YEAR PLAN - How???? It's like comical Ali they have achieved none, or not many - that is an amazing thing to say. Noticed they didn't reply on the resign/restand question.



The club when speaking to day said they needed someone with more knowledge on the football side (to cover the mess they’d gotten into)

Day offered DH and agreed EWM would pay his wages...

Club didn’t have a choice if they wanted a DofF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 16:24 #87 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Personally coudnt care about an apology from the directors, just try and put it right, some easy steps:

Short term:
- appear relatable, would it really kill them to be in with the fans at an away game.
- more approachable
- Nixon - stop wearing that FA jacket... I’m sure you can get a club one.
- don’t make the same mistakes again.
- stop letting Andrew write anything...

Short medium term:
- sell the club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 16:40 #88 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Anyone who wants anything less than the bloody lot of them gone really does want their bumps feeling
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CarlisleWhite
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
20 Dec 2019 17:11 #89 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Was the aim when joining this group to get into the position when the CEO of the Company would end up writing 36 page responses to questions he has been asked as part of the meeting. It must takes him days to respond to these points. Maybe he has so much time on his hands now EWM have effectively clipped his wings.
If it was, I would suggest all involved give their heads a wobble.
Call me old fashioned, but I would like the CEO to be sorting out the bollocks going on at the club - like being happy with a volunteer (a scaffolder at that, good lad that he is) being relied on to sort out commercial activities, to name but one.
Does anyone feel enriched by the answers, apart from Kessler and Mullen?
If people insist on continuing with this farce, please get a maximum of six questions asked. Let CCU decide on the most relevant ones, and have them about major items only.
This group is turning into every bit as much of a farce as The Trust.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 17:29 #90 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

CarlisleWhite wrote: Was the aim when joining this group to get into the position when the CEO of the Company would end up writing 36 page responses to questions he has been asked as part of the meeting. It must takes him days to respond to these points. Maybe he has so much time on his hands now EWM have effectively clipped his wings.
If it was, I would suggest all involved give their heads a wobble.
Call me old fashioned, but I would like the CEO to be sorting out the bollocks going on at the club - like being happy with a volunteer (a scaffolder at that, good lad that he is) being relied on to sort out commercial activities, to name but one.
Does anyone feel enriched by the answers, apart from Kessler and Mullen?
If people insist on continuing with this farce, please get a maximum of six questions asked. Let CCU decide on the most relevant ones, and have them about major items only.
This group is turning into every bit as much of a farce as The Trust.


Of course, it is and that's why the Message Board should have nothing to do with it.

Would be much better putting their time and effort into a concerted campaign to get Jenkins out like the message boards at Blackpool did with Oyston like arranging a picnic on Jenkins front lawn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 17:49 #91 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

thetashkentterror wrote: Bucket collections to raise money to refurbish the bars?

That is a joke yeah?


Unfortunately not it seems!

Owners of businesses normally pay to get their office etc painted don't they?
You'd think it was a charity!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arragorn
  • Arragorn's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
20 Dec 2019 19:40 #92 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
I almost lost the will to live after reading that load of waffle..
Clibbens would make a good politician …..spouts a lot and says nothing that will come back & bite him.
It's not surprising it takes from Monday evening to Friday lunchtime to publish the minutes.
Question for the mods...is the drivel from Clibbens spouted at the meeting or is it added afterwards?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 20:15 #93 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
All Q’s are answered away from the actual Meeting!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arragorn
  • Arragorn's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
20 Dec 2019 20:22 #94 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
ahh so Clibbens replies are likely to be censored by the "magic hand" or others?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Lakelandterrier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2019 09:36 #95 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
I know there are folk who won't support the memorbillia drive in either time or money and that's fine but for those of us who o support it, it isn't a joke.

The club has and does refurb and repaint rooms (sometimes with help form sponsors), see the excellent job in Foxy's for a recent example.

CUSG have already started with the memorabilia drive in the Sunset suite, plans are ongoing for other bars, corridors and spaces all over the ground to tell our history. Whilst fans have been very generous bringing in their memorabillia, from time to time money is needed to see the project through. Things like frames, canvases, glass wall cupboards, just things to house the fans collections of Carlisle United fans' important moments.

In some ways nothing to do the club, certainly nothing to do with the present ownership or staff, fans stuff, our stuff, not just CUSGs, all Carlisle United fans..

So a bucket collection was planned, just to give the iniative a little independence, so it could be kept as a fans iniative. Fans who want to help can give their money and be reminded they would be welcome to give their time.

If folk think it's a joke, that's fine, no one is forcing anyone to get involved.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2019 09:50 #96 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote: Was the aim when joining this group to get into the position when the CEO of the Company would end up writing 36 page responses to questions he has been asked as part of the meeting. It must takes him days to respond to these points. Maybe he has so much time on his hands now EWM have effectively clipped his wings.
If it was, I would suggest all involved give their heads a wobble.
Call me old fashioned, but I would like the CEO to be sorting out the bollocks going on at the club - like being happy with a volunteer (a scaffolder at that, good lad that he is) being relied on to sort out commercial activities, to name but one.
Does anyone feel enriched by the answers, apart from Kessler and Mullen?
If people insist on continuing with this farce, please get a maximum of six questions asked. Let CCU decide on the most relevant ones, and have them about major items only.
This group is turning into every bit as much of a farce as The Trust.


Of course, it is and that's why the Message Board should have nothing to do with it.

Would be much better putting their time and effort into a concerted campaign to get Jenkins out like the message boards at Blackpool did with Oyston like arranging a picnic on Jenkins front lawn.


No, that would be trespass.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2019 10:50 #97 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Right then. . . I don't think the format of this months Q and A is working.

Not NCs fault, he's put in some sterling work there.
Not AHs fault he's made it as readable as it can be.
Not CCUs he has just handed the questions over.

The thing is there is just too much of it. It's a leviathan and there comes a point where most folk and particularly me, says, I've had enough.

Normally when the Qs and As come out, folk discuss the answers, bring up other issues and there is lively debate. This time it's more a case of "my head hurts" and a deep sigh. Folk have been totally outfaced.

To be fair NC did mention this at the meeting, he wondered if it might be better to drip feed the answers over a period of days, asked what folk at the meeting thought.

I know what I thought: "OMG Mullen and Kessler would explode, it would be BruntonParkgate, with nuclear fall out, I would have to bin the modum and run"

I wish I'd been braver, cos this hasn't worked. I asked two questions of CUOSC and haven't really taken in their answers, just too much of a chore to wade through it all again. Something you do for work, not pleasure.

I remember many years ago, when I helped out on the club website we were told at one of the meetings we went to, that three or four stories were ideal per day on the website. Any more than six and the audience started to switch off. This month has been a flood warning. We need to find a way of making the Qs and As more managable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2019 11:22 #98 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19

Bumble wrote: The thing is there is just too much of it. It's a leviathan and there comes a point where most folk and particularly me, says, I've had enough.


If there's too many questions, doesn't that suggest the club aren't doing enough about keeping fans in the loop? If there was more openness and transparency and we were kept updated about stuff, a lot of the questions wouldn't need to be asked.

Bumble wrote: I know what I thought: "OMG Mullen and Kessler would explode, it would be BruntonParkgate, with nuclear fall out, I would have to bin the modum and run"


I think you're being unfair with that comment Bumble. Sometimes we ask a lot of questions yes, but it's because those questions are important to us and we'd like to get answers to them. As long as we get those answers at some point, the format in which they are released isn't really important to me. What annoyed me about the delay in publishing last time wasn't the delay itself, but the fact that we weren't told there would be a delay until later in the week. If they knew the minutes would be delayed why didn't they let us know as soon as possible? It just felt that we weer an after thought as usual, and nobody could be bothered to keep us in the loop about it which again goes back to the big problem about lack of communication.

Bumble wrote: I remember many years ago, when I helped out on the club website we were told at one of the meetings we went to, that three or four stories were ideal per day on the website. Any more than six and the audience started to switch off. This month has been a flood warning. We need to find a way of making the Qs and As more managable.


I think the revamp of the CUOSC website will help with this. When they are able to easily post updates and news on the site, they can use that to keep us informed about stuff and a lot of the questions for CUOSC might not need to be asked because they can just keep us in the loop via regular updates on the site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2019 11:30 #99 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
Shock horror! I tend to agree with Bumble - there’s a hell of a lot of good questions this month but it’s like reading war and peace and with all that information it doesn’t all go in.

A bit reluctantly I think it should be limited to 2 questions per user now - even I’ve had enough of reading through that.

If you have a specific question at a specific time, you can email the club/trust anytime letting them know you’ll make the answer public. If you don’t get a response ask through Cusg.

Kessler has a point in that a well run club you wouldn’t need to ask questions

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
21 Dec 2019 11:32 #100 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 16 Dec 19
I think it's a joke that fans are expected to pay for it Bumble that's one thing that is for sure.

It's a professional Football League club for crying out loud, not an under-16s Sunday league team.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.