• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Sep 2019 15:32 - 16 Sep 2019 15:47 #1 by BoardAdmin
CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19 was created by BoardAdmin
Hello folks,

As per previous threads, please let us know any questions/topics to raise at the upcoming CUSG meeting.

Questions/topics to be submitted by 18:00 on Friday 20 Sept, to enable us to collate and forward to all parties.

Cheers!

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet
Last edit: 16 Sep 2019 15:47 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2019 15:46 #2 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Club

Regarding the fixtures advertising board, there has been complaints regarding it not being updated. could you answer the following on it please?

Why after the complaints of it showing the Crawley game at the top over a week later and emails from David Holdsworth to a supporter saying this was unacceptable - why then was the Mansfield game still showing as the next game 3 days after it was played?
Why didn't any director pick up on this, as surely they must of seen the board on the way into Bruntor Park on their way to do things?
Is there a lack or pride and lackluster attitute amongst staff/directors?
What plans do you have for this board in the future to make sure it is updated regularly?
There's been questions regarding a walk around/check list in previous cusg meetings - is this on it?
It was mentioned by an employee, it can't be updated on the night after a game due to traffic problems. By 6pm everyone is away as there's no incentive for any supporter to stay - it can be done then surely. Not necessarily the grounds team but by someone else.

In the CUSG questions it was denied by yourself that the aim of the club was just to surive as a football league club for as cheap as possible and the aim was promotion. Results are speaking for themselves and we have recruited worse players than last season, my opinion, that aren't even good enough for tier 4 which is shocking for Carlisle United. How then can you possibly say promotion is the aim when we've recruited so badly?

Have you failed in your position as on the field, which is where the club gets judged, we have gone backwards every season you've been here.

Could the club survive a relegation to non league?

We were told a scoreboard was iminent in many cusg meetings yet this hasn't materialised, what excuse are you going to use this time for not having one?

What gurantees do the club/owners have against EWM calling in their debt anytime soon?

If you employ a contractor to do work and its satisfactory, how long do you wait to pay them?

Club with opinion of the Trust

Why is there a lack or urgency to get things done such as the scoreboard, disabled facilities, fixture board changes etc etc?

Trust

Can we have an update as to what the trust have done in terms of representing supporters interests. What meetings have happened, what progress has been achieved and how have you helped the club in the last 3 months.

Billy Atkinson was on the board that chose Pressley, was Pressley his choice and what football knowledge/experience does Billy have to help him have input into choosing a new manager?

Have the trust gained any further info on EWMS future plans?

SLO

What have you done this season?

Cumbrians.net

Have you had any futher thoughts/discussions about not attending these meetings or putting it back to a user vote?

Trust website update - Received spec today

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

More
16 Sep 2019 15:48 #3 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
14mins, need to check if that’s a new PB!

;)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

More
16 Sep 2019 16:08 #4 by lummy8
Replied by lummy8 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Now come on! That permanent marker on the fixture board is looking very professional!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Arragorn, Mush

More
16 Sep 2019 16:09 #5 by 09sider
Replied by 09sider on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Reference the fixture board, can the club afford additional 7's and th's or should the trust buy new marker pens.

Even if it's updated it still looks shoddy, please can it be sorted.

More
16 Sep 2019 16:36 #6 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Can we have a copy of the EWM loan facility Agreement?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: thetashkentterror, Molly123

More
16 Sep 2019 16:40 #7 by Mullen103

lummy8 wrote: Now come on! That permanent marker on the fixture board is looking very professional!

It's like when they sent season ticket renewals on a cockeyed bit of A4 paper, a couple of seasons ago. It has improved tenfold now though but shows a lack of pride.

I agree not many people will decide if there are going to the game because of the board yet it will be seen by thousands per week. If it's not changed or wrote in pen, like a 5 year old, it looks unprofessional and shows the club in a tinpot light. We're better than this, get it sorted properly or get rid!

NC had the impression that the complaint about the board was against the groundstaff and rabbitted on about how great they are and award-winning. I agree they are great at growing grass/pitch but they didn't get their award for a fixtures board. I would also say its not their remit.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Mush

More
16 Sep 2019 16:48 #8 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
In regards the scoreboard, its utterly embarrassing how long it has gone on for, surely a sponsor would be interested in having one behind the Waterworks with there company plastered all over it?

• Waltero
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
16 Sep 2019 17:04 #9 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
That's one the trust could manage to sort out, it's simple and won't tax their brains too much. surely one of them will have some business contacts

More
16 Sep 2019 17:06 #10 by CCU

paddockite wrote: In regards the scoreboard, its utterly embarrassing how long it has gone on for, surely a sponsor would be interested in having one behind the Waterworks with there company plastered all over it?

Structural Survey showed that the land on which the Waterworks is on wasn’t ideal for a decent sized one.

A smaller one is going on the end of the Neil Sports Centre...

More
16 Sep 2019 17:34 #11 by United63
Replied by United63 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Are the board worried about the crowds and how long can this continue before it gets serious consequences on the spending available to the manager

More
16 Sep 2019 17:57 - 16 Sep 2019 17:59 #12 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19

CCU wrote:

paddockite wrote: In regards the scoreboard, its utterly embarrassing how long it has gone on for, surely a sponsor would be interested in having one behind the Waterworks with there company plastered all over it?

Structural Survey showed that the land on which the Waterworks is on wasn’t ideal for a decent sized one.

But when ? This was my question as well.

Are we the only club in the EFL without a working Score Board

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 16 Sep 2019 17:59 by seesaw50.

More
16 Sep 2019 18:12 #13 by Laffy
One of my earliest memories at BP was a Boxing Day match with Newcastle-at halftime, the guy got on his ladder to put the scores up on the old board and the fans nicked the ladder so he was stuck.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie, Mush

More
16 Sep 2019 18:16 #14 by lbtufty
Replied by lbtufty on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Can we raise a question about why the coach looks like it can do the job but then keeps breaking down.

The second one isn't about Pressley but why the Reays fun-bus keeps leaving the players stranded after away games.

Boom-Tish-Ta-Da

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, BlueBanana

More
16 Sep 2019 18:51 #15 by CCU
To the Club:

The much fiddled with and now shambolic EFL Trophy is traditionally played in the midweeks leading into International weekends. Why have our games v Wolves U21 (Tues 24th Sept) and Blackpool (Tues 15th Oct) been moved from these dates (Tues 3rd Sept and Tues 8th Oct respectively)?

More
16 Sep 2019 22:35 #16 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19

lummy8 wrote: Now come on! That permanent marker on the fixture board is looking very professional!

Tinpot springs to mind! :-)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie

More
18 Sep 2019 10:06 #17 by United63
Replied by United63 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Not a lot off question for this month's meeting fan's given up especially after that last night
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

• thetashkentterror
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
18 Sep 2019 12:01 #18 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19

CCU wrote:

Not ideal?

The same land that the structures called the Waterworks End and Neil Centre are on already with no problems?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, franksidebottom

More
18 Sep 2019 18:26 #19 by Laffy
Here’s another

How can you justify charging £10 for I follow when the commentary is a second ahead of the bloody pictures?!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123

More
18 Sep 2019 18:33 #20 by Mullen103
Here’s another

How’s Holdsworths laryngitis? When the teams doing well you can’t shut him up, when it’s poor, currently, there’s no word of him. Really concerned about him.

How can you justify £22 for what was served up on Tuesday night. Sleeping tablets are only £9 ish on prescription?

• Waltero
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
18 Sep 2019 18:33 #21 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
That's the thing we'll be ahead of this season

• Arragorn
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
18 Sep 2019 21:08 #22 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
on the subject of the scoreboard...why can we not directly replace the one that's already there? surely as it hasn't collapsed the ground must be strong enough to take a direct replacement.
As an aside the underlying ground is gravel & none of the stands have collapsed yet. More bullshit from the club!!
Are we likely to get a working scoreboard this season?

More
19 Sep 2019 12:26 #23 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
With our average attendance of 4,320 which is lower than the league 2 average and likely to drop below 4,000 will the budget be further cut for the following season?

Do they always have the break even attendance figure as the season before?

• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 Sep 2019 20:31 #24 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Cheers folks!

Questions will be sorted now and sent over.

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

More
23 Sep 2019 21:34 #25 by Mullen103
Just an update on the trusts website as there seems to be some confusion.

I bought a domain to test with as I was awaiting the trusts spec. It’s not public and it’s up to the trust if they want to use it there can have it off me for free. I have a free allowance so no sweat, it just contains half an hour of “mess about” for now until the test site was live and I got the spec.

The trust set their test site up on Friday and I got the spec last week. That’s the one I’ll be using from now on to update/test etc.

I was hoping to start weekend, wasn’t well, however I’ve started tonight. There’s no definite time scale but sooner rather than later.

The trust have been good so far, although maybe a little slow I’ve everything I need.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

More
23 Sep 2019 22:14 #26 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19

Mullen103 wrote: Just an update on the trusts website as there seems to be some confusion.

I bought a domain to test with as I was awaiting the trusts spec. It’s not public and it’s up to the trust if they want to use it there can have it off me for free. I have a free allowance so no sweat, it just contains half an hour of “mess about” for now until the test site was live and I got the spec.

The trust set their test site up on Friday and I got the spec last week. That’s the one I’ll be using from now on to update/test etc.

I was hoping to start weekend, wasn’t well, however I’ve started tonight. There’s no definite time scale but sooner rather than later.

The trust have been good so far, although maybe a little slow I’ve everything I need.

Good to hear. It does seem like they are showing willingness

More
23 Sep 2019 22:40 #27 by griff
Replied by griff on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19

Urban Designer wrote: With our average attendance of 4,320 which is lower than the league 2 average and likely to drop below 4,000 will the budget be further cut for the following season?

Do they always have the break even attendance figure as the season before?

If only there was somewhere you could find this stuff:

boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38225503

More
24 Sep 2019 12:13 #28 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
The meeting was last night.
Where’s my answers?
Where’s my answers?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

More
24 Sep 2019 14:59 #29 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Unconfirmed but some early footage has emerged.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Laffy

More
24 Sep 2019 15:40 #30 by borderterrier
Replied by borderterrier on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
The Big issue that the club, the Trust or any individual have never had addressed is this.....

What happens if EWM decided they want the loan repaid.

The answer the NC has churned our repeatedly is along the lines of “ they are friends of the club” “ “There is no indication they will”
“ That won’t happen ‘
The sooner this particular question is answered in an honest and concise manner the better.

The club is in hock and as far as I can see hoping for a miracle wind fall and that seems to be the only plan on the table.
It’s just unacceptable for the trust and ordinary fans not to be advised of just what in the name of bloody hell the directors of CUFC are playing at!
Bury. GONE
Bolton. Hanging by a thread.
Others . Behind with bills and salaries.
THIS IS HEADING FOR A DISASTER!

It is my belief that CUFC is owned and run by (undisclosed). CLUBKILLERS
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123, carwash

More
24 Sep 2019 15:52 #31 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Borderterrier, good post but what can the Trust do? Our club is like one of those houses on the East coast hanging over the cliff edge as its foundations crumble away into the sea. We all know the current situation is unsatisfactory and unsustainable. EWM have protected themselves with PGs from the directors so will be fairly relaxed.

Until we can get a substantial cash injection all we can do is hang on and hope nothing catastrophic happens in the meantime.

More
24 Sep 2019 17:36 #32 by borderterrier
With the greatest of respect the trust ,who have representation on the various boards have a DUTY to ask the question posed and get an honest answer. Basically if they don’t do that they are in dereliction of duty and are betraying the people they represent.
As far as I’m concerned and for that matter any fan is concerned THAT is the question that needs answered now! The N+S, BBCRC , Border TV. Should get on the case.
It just could be WE may fall victim to a Bury like situation.
Who would have thought 12 months ago 2 clubs could have been threatened by extinction?
Well 12 months on one has gone!
What would it be like without CUFC ? ..... answer? Ask a Bury fan. I have and the guy broke down.
So media guys. Ask the question ASAP or.... it may be too late.

I for one will be pushing for this question to be asked through the channels open to me.

I want a Carlisle United. I’m not really fussed about quality of squad, who the manager is. Is he good. Is he hopeless. I just want a Carlisle United.
Bury would take our league status or manager our players now!

THINK ABOUT IT!

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Alan, Arragorn

More
24 Sep 2019 18:32 #33 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
What can the Trust do?

Well the least they should do is raise £75k a year which would be quite easy if it was ran properly.

They should also look at increasing membership and by that I don't mean counting family as members if they haven't paid.

It needs totally re-braded, be accountable and actually represent the views of the fans. I along with the majority of Carlisle fans just see them as imbedded with the rest of the board.

More
24 Sep 2019 18:45 #34 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Not sure if they'd want it but what if the, well run over 45 years, London Branch morphed into The Trust as let's face it, the Trust personnel are not getting any younger and would freely admit I'm sure that being responsible for the stake is just too difficult

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

More
24 Sep 2019 18:56 #35 by Laffy
Well we know EWM have a charge/debenture and the loan is growing.

What the Club dont disclose are the terms of the Facility, notably its longevity, expiry date, and any covenants such as a change of control triggering repayment.

One would hope the Trust as 25.4pc shareholder would know this.

• CarlisleWhite
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
25 Sep 2019 10:06 #36 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19

Urban Designer wrote: What can the Trust do?

Well the least they should do is raise £75k a year which would be quite easy if it was ran properly.

They should also look at increasing membership and by that I don't mean counting family as members if they haven't paid.

It needs totally re-braded, be accountable and actually represent the views of the fans. I along with the majority of Carlisle fans just see them as imbedded with the rest of the board.

Good post UD.
Not sure Jimmy Mitchell and Billy Whatshisname could pull the rasta look off mind with the braded hair you suggest.
And I know I should be the last one to pick up speilling mistakes!

More
25 Sep 2019 16:44 #37 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19

Mullen103 wrote: Just an update on the trusts website as there seems to be some confusion.

I think it's a good step forward. If the website revamp makes it easier for them to post any news on a more regular basis it will show that they are serious about engaging more with the fans.

More
27 Sep 2019 13:02 #38 by CCU

More
27 Sep 2019 13:44 #39 by Mullen103
A couple of things

EWM - Still waffling, this is what Bury used to do, however I don't think EWM will call in their debt unless they go tits up (which is unlikely) and day has moved his empire here. You aren't going to get any docs as there'll state confidentiality.

Holdsworth - is he alive/still here

Thanks for asking the questions - hopefully we will have the scoreboard and the 7s and ths for the fixtures board.

Made an inroads on trust website, taking a break though as double vision (optic neuritis) is bad and there have run out of my prescription, so a complete farcical trip to Newcastle general tomorrow to get some. It aint brexit before anyone pipes up.

• melbourneblues
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
27 Sep 2019 14:05 #40 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Jesus that’s depressing reading that, the trust have attended 2 board meetings and a business club meeting (free breakfast club to us) and are still harping on about helping the club send out season tickets.
That was months ago you useless sods what are you actively doing now to raise funds etc?

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Alan, Dancingbear

• CarlisleWhite
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
27 Sep 2019 17:43 #41 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
Ground maintenance – One of the new disabled shelters, the one in the far corner of the Waterworks End, had been damaged after being hit by a ball.
Who would have thought it.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

More
27 Sep 2019 18:09 #42 by Laffy
Must have been unlucky as our shots per game ratio isn’t brilliant.

More
27 Sep 2019 18:21 #43 by CCU
It was the opposition during a pre-match warm-up apparently!

• thetashkentterror
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
27 Sep 2019 18:49 #44 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
The Glass Bar is a shockingly bad name.

More
27 Sep 2019 19:11 #45 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
You would think Geoff Weston (Supporters' Liaison Officer) would have turned up.

More
27 Sep 2019 19:20 #46 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
He’s that active I forgot we even had a SLO! Wouldn’t have a clue what he looks like.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003

• melbourneblues
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
27 Sep 2019 19:27 #47 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 23 Sept 19
If he doesn’t want the job give it to bumble, she seems desperate to be involved in some capacity.

Mullen is a virgin.

More
27 Sep 2019 22:33 - 27 Sep 2019 22:34 #48 by Mullen103
I like Geoff(SLO) a really nice bloke, I believe he has had some personal issues hence the lack of answers to questions and not being there.

As SLO though, although he is better than the last one (no great compliment) he isn’t very good.

It should be a paid position really. It’s no disrespect to Geoff as he is trying his best but the position should be more than what it is.

Last edit: 27 Sep 2019 22:34 by Mullen103.

More
27 Sep 2019 22:50 #49 by Mullen103

melbourneblues wrote: If he doesn’t want the job give it to bumble, she seems desperate to be involved in some capacity.

As much as I’ve had many disagreements with Bumble over many of things, this position screams out for her. Everyone knows who she is more/less and knows club staff and communicates well.

More
28 Sep 2019 10:06 #50 by borderterrier
It really doesn’t matter who is representing the fans be it Bumble or anyone else.
Get the EWM question asked and answered and we can all relax somewhat!
I put it to you all again, we don’t want to fear what happened to BURY FC.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.