CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19

More
16 Aug 2019 14:07 - 16 Aug 2019 14:08 #51 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19
Which is fair enough but I’m sure he knew about this before offering his services. Anyway of know the attendance percentage?

Mullen is a virgin.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2019 14:08 by melbourneblues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2019 14:23 #52 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19
Just had a quick count. 10 Meeting’s since we were invited.

Of those, I’ve made 8 and Mouldy 6. Only one where we both couldn’t attend, and from memory that was a last minute thing.

In that time John has been twice, once being the time we both couldn’t go (Apr 2019).

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

More
16 Aug 2019 14:47 #53 by melbourneblues
That’s a good turnout from the mb, considering you do shifts as well.

Mullen is a virgin.

More
16 Aug 2019 14:51 #54 by melbourneblues
Is bumble a regular now then? I thought she didn’t want us represented at first or has that changed?

Mullen is a virgin.

More
16 Aug 2019 14:57 #55 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19
As far as I’m aware Bumble has attended as part of a rolling policy for Disabled Group Board Members to take turns alongside Barry Carter (A lady called Julie attended a couple of Meetings back, Bumble has the last two).

I’m sure she can confirm!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

More
16 Aug 2019 15:13 #56 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19
I think too many go to this now - not sure what will happen if you open it up.

To be fair to John, i've been critical in the past, he did get someone to represent the group, I think this is going to be a regular thing.

I suggested that DSG/Barry take someone as it wasn't fair him doing it on his own. I didn't want to do it/go as it'll drive me mad but Julie (Secretary) went then Bumbles been. I do think Bumbles been wanting to go for a while ;) but no issues with that really, although i disagree with some things shes knowledgeable/passionate in areas so think its a good idea. She obviously works well with Barry and things have improved with the DSG. I met up with Crawley supporters and they said our facilities were good, so somethings happening for the better.

I was happy with the answers this week. I've sympathy with cusat this week because i know that other travel groups at other clubs are having insurance issues.

I'd have Simon continue in the chair position

At least we’re not Stockport

More
16 Aug 2019 15:16 #57 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19
Thanks for getting answers to my 2 questions even if the second part was a load of gobbledygook. Either that or it was secret code for Pressleys talking bollocks about our budget.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

More
16 Aug 2019 15:32 #58 by Wukkie
Replied by Wukkie on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19
Time to send the Trojan Horse that is MRF in there for the Coasters.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, melbourneblues

More
16 Aug 2019 16:13 #59 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19
Bollocks to that Wukkie I have much more productive things to do in my spare time...i wouldnt go if they paid me to go in all honesty.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

More
16 Aug 2019 22:23 - 16 Aug 2019 22:31 #60 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19

Mullen103 wrote: I was happy with the answers this week.

I'm still not happy that they wouldn't give an answer for why they feel it was "exaggerated" for fans to ask about Waltero not receiving a reply. However that being said, I feel there is a bit of improvement. They did change the colour of the data protection link on the site so it's much more clearly visible now. It might have seemed like nitpicking over a small issue, but in my opinion it's important for CUOSC to present a professional image, and the blue text on a blue background before just looked bad. Credit to them for addressing that quickly, I think it was just a couple of days after I asked. I don't expect them to be perfect, because nobody is. I just want them to work with the fans, and to be more open with us. The website really does need a full revamp though, and kept up to date.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2019 22:31 by Kessler.

More
17 Aug 2019 14:26 #61 by Mullen103

Kessler wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: I was happy with the answers this week.

I'm still not happy that they wouldn't give an answer for why they feel it was "exaggerated" for fans to ask about Waltero not receiving a reply. However that being said, I feel there is a bit of improvement. They did change the colour of the data protection link on the site so it's much more clearly visible now. It might have seemed like nitpicking over a small issue, but in my opinion it's important for CUOSC to present a professional image, and the blue text on a blue background before just looked bad. Credit to them for addressing that quickly, I think it was just a couple of days after I asked. I don't expect them to be perfect, because nobody is. I just want them to work with the fans, and to be more open with us. The website really does need a full revamp though, and kept up to date.

I met up today to discuss the website. I’ll be making a start on some basics this week while they produce a document of requirements - all positive so far.

There’s a bit of a buzz/enthusiasm about at the minute so let’s hope it continues.

More
17 Aug 2019 14:54 #62 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 12 Aug 19
Of course you do realise Rich that it’s all your fault if anything else goes wrong!!

Well done for offering though

More
17 Aug 2019 16:10 - 17 Aug 2019 16:12 #63 by Kessler

Laffy wrote: Of course you do realise Rich that it’s all your fault if anything else goes wrong!!

As I understand it Mullen is offering to help with revamping the site, but the Trust will still have to keep it updated with content. If that's the case he might want to specifically explain that to them because we don't want a situation one year down the line with the site being out of date and the Trust saying oh we thought Mullen was handling that.

It does seem they are more willing to engage regarding the website revamp which is badly needed, so fingers crossed
Last edit: 17 Aug 2019 16:12 by Kessler.

More
17 Aug 2019 17:53 #64 by Mullen103

Kessler wrote:

Laffy wrote: Of course you do realise Rich that it’s all your fault if anything else goes wrong!!

As I understand it Mullen is offering to help with revamping the site, but the Trust will still have to keep it updated with content. If that's the case he might want to specifically explain that to them because we don't want a situation one year down the line with the site being out of date and the Trust saying oh we thought Mullen was handling that.

It does seem they are more willing to engage regarding the website revamp which is badly needed, so fingers crossed

The trust will be in charge of content - I won’t have anything to do with that.

At the moment any updates are hard coded in, which explains the lack of updates as it takes so long.

Will probably use Wordpress as it’s easy to update then board members can update as/when instead of having just one person doing it.

More
18 Aug 2019 02:11 #65 by Kessler

Mullen103 wrote:

Kessler wrote:

The trust will be in charge of content - I won’t have anything to do with that.

At the moment any updates are hard coded in, which explains the lack of updates as it takes so long.

Will probably use Wordpress as it’s easy to update then board members can update as/when instead of having just one person doing it.

Haven't used WP since 2015 but unless it's changed massively since then it should be perfect for what the Trust need. A professional looking site, but also very user friendly where they can log in and post updates as easily as updating a twitter feed.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.