• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Jun 2019 08:03 - 04 Aug 2019 21:34 #1 by BoardAdmin
CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19 was created by BoardAdmin
Hello folks,

As per previous threads, please let us know any questions/topics to raise at the upcoming CUSG meeting.

Questions/topics to be submitted by 18:00 on Friday 28 June, to enable us to collate and forward to all parties.

Cheers!

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 21:34 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2019 09:00 #2 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
All Groups including the club

Hearing on the "grapevine" they were grumbles about the number of questions/probing questions/ complaints asked recently from messageboarders. Therefore what is your groups opinion on the questions submitted? Does your group find the questions to be an annoyance or something positive?

The Trust

Why hasn't your website been updated in months?

Why is there no responce to questions asked on Twitter/Facebook?

Follwing on from the above question, a tweet was unanswered for days from a supporter asking about help for disabled suporters/disabled issue. I know this isn't your area, but surely you could of helped/poined in the right direction.Now sorted as I spotted it, but the @cuosc should surely be monitored regularly.

Why does the trust feel the need to compare the club to failing clubs, rather than sucessful ones?

Who writes the supporter briefings?

What exactly does financial sobriety mean?

DSG

What are the general thoughts from members on the overall disabled facilities at the club?

CUSAT

Any plans to run coaches to away friendlies

Route66

Is there any plan to run a westcoach bus to home matches, considering the issues with trains etc

Club

Thank you to NC for answering the questions. Although I personally don't agree with the answers I see the questions/answers from the club to be a positive thing and has helped quel rumours and started discussions.

The answer regarding there being no check/log sheet on walk arounds was disapointing to read considering the number of complaints and things being missed. Can I suggest a log/check sheet to be implemented on walk arounds as currently it seems people are walking around like headless chickens without knowing what to look for or any responcibility.

Since Mr Pattinson made the claim to a supporter in a forum that "there's no need putting a newspaper article out to sell the club as those in the football world know it's for sale" how many enquiries has the club had? How many offers has there been? - Happy for the messageboard reps to remove this question if they deem fit, as Clibbens answered this recently as 2

My opinion, but the club not advertising anywhere that its for sale to me means it isn't. Why does the club have this firm policy of not advertising it anywhere? Other clubs that have confirmed they are for sale have had offers/sales.

The club, in particular David Holdsworth, have been outspokenly critical of Keith Curle's player contracts in that it damaged the club financially. Surely Keith Curles position was football manager and any contracts offered/sanctioned were done by the owners/directors/CEO and authorised by them. I don't understand why the owners/directors/CEO are without critism on this as there are the people with the financial info and sanctioned the deals, therefore the only ones to receive critism should be those people and not the football manager.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: whytakemypostcode

More
24 Jun 2019 09:20 #3 by United63
Replied by United63 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
To the owners for once could you try something new by officially put the club for sale and see what responses you get just saying.

Trust could you tell use what you bring to the board
Ie. Cash injections etc etc

Have the trust seeked to dilute any off there shares

Thanks

More
24 Jun 2019 09:24 #4 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
57mins Mullen. You’re slacking! ;)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

• thetashkentterror
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
24 Jun 2019 11:12 #5 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
Why don't you try looking on the CUSAT Facebook page where they've been asking if there is interest in running buses to Chester and Ross County?

Just a thought.

More
24 Jun 2019 11:35 #6 by Mullen103

thetashkentterror wrote: Why don't you try looking on the CUSAT Facebook page where they've been asking if there is interest in running buses to Chester and Ross County?

Just a thought.

Not everyone reads it, not everyone reads the cusg as well but it's an extra avenue. Maybe by the time the cusg meeting takes place they've made a decision.

The person thats interested in going to Dingwall, doesn't use social media so i'd thought i'd ask for him.

More
24 Jun 2019 11:59 #7 by CCU
What Train issues are there from West Cumbria Mullen?

More
24 Jun 2019 12:03 #8 by Mullen103

CCU wrote: What Train issues are there from West Cumbria Mullen?

Not so much now, but there were always on strike last season. The 300 bus takes forever going through the back of beyond.

Maybe putting on a reliable service, considering route66s links, maybe a good idea.

More
24 Jun 2019 12:21 #9 by CCU

Mullen103 wrote:

Not so much now, but there were always on strike last season. The 300 bus takes forever going through the back of beyond.

Maybe putting on a reliable service, considering route66s links, maybe a good idea.

This was covered in the Jan Meeting when strikes were regular.

R66 asked if the Club could put on a Bus, so it was agreed R66 would speak with their Members about it. From memory there was little interest, and then the strikes were called off anyway.

More
24 Jun 2019 12:44 #10 by Mullen103

CCU wrote:

Mullen103 wrote:

This was covered in the Jan Meeting when strikes were regular.

R66 asked if the Club could put on a Bus, so it was agreed R66 would speak with their Members about it. From memory there was little interest, and then the strikes were called off anyway.

Cheers CCU! - Happy to remove

The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

• tommycoleman1
  • Away
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
24 Jun 2019 12:48 #11 by tommycoleman1
Replied by tommycoleman1 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
Wasn't there a bus running from out west a few years ago, but there was not enough interest at the time so it was cancelled ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

More
24 Jun 2019 13:09 #12 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
It was brief i think ..but i remember using the Stagecoach offer of having a matchticket and you showed it for discount travel..initially was 2 quid then it went up to half the bus ticket price..Obviously with not going to home games anymore I am not aware if this offer still stands or not?
You would think the club would try get Northern involved in offering discounts for fans on matchdays...but then again i suppose Northern are happy with the amount of drinkers filling trains from out west on a saturday for full price...so even if the club did ask they may get no joy?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

More
24 Jun 2019 13:12 #13 by Mullen103

tommycoleman1 wrote: Wasn't there a bus running from out west a few years ago, but there was not enough interest at the time so it was cancelled ?

A long time ago.

A fella i know from Aspatria used to get it, he gets te train now but stopped going as was too much hassle with the trains. Didn't feel the price of the 300 was worth it!

• melbourneblues
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
24 Jun 2019 13:20 #14 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
I can’t see the point, there’s only about 30 come from out that way anyways.

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Dancingbear

More
24 Jun 2019 13:36 #15 by markredfox73
Is Monday fishing day Melbers?☺

The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Mush

• tommycoleman1
  • Away
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
24 Jun 2019 14:51 #16 by tommycoleman1
Replied by tommycoleman1 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
You can still travel with that stagecoach deal Mark

More
24 Jun 2019 19:10 #17 by markredfox73
Be about 6 quid then as its around half price of a full day ticket then

More
25 Jun 2019 20:24 #18 by Mullen103
I’ll add it here if Waltero doesn’t mind.

For the trust

Wtf does This mean, care to expand on why you can’t raise funds?

being a part owner of the Club makes it virtually impossible to raise meaningful amounts of money at this point in time

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

More
25 Jun 2019 20:53 #19 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
That’s two of my questions you’ve asked on this thread ;)

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Mush

More
25 Jun 2019 21:51 - 25 Jun 2019 21:51 #20 by griff
Replied by griff on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
Following from the question/answer last month about the Trust’s financial contribution to the Club over the last 3 years, and for comparison...

How much money do the London Branch put into the Club, and how much have they contributed in the last three years?
Last edit: 25 Jun 2019 21:51 by griff.

More
26 Jun 2019 06:59 #21 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19

Mullen103 wrote: I’ll add it here if Waltero doesn’t mind.

For the trust

Wtf does This mean, care to expand on why you can’t raise funds?

being a part owner of the Club makes it virtually impossible to raise meaningful amounts of money at this point in time

As an addendum, I would ask "Does the trust mean because of fans' opinions on the other co-owners this is the case?"

More
26 Jun 2019 07:48 #22 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
I have been saying this for some time.Why is it acceptable to continue to retain 25.4pc and not attempt to raise meaningful money to at least stand your corner?Its a dangerous strategy doing nothing-and will surely lead to a squeeze in the near future.Saying no to an equity raise is likely impossible given the state of the balance sheet of the Club
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

More
26 Jun 2019 10:34 - 26 Jun 2019 10:35 #23 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
For the Trust.

1.Someone on the message board recently complained about not receiving a reply from Jim. He was then told there was some technical problems with emails from Jim going to spam folders, but he checked his spam and confirmed he had still not received the email. If the Trust maintain that they sent it, but he maintains he did not receive it, are you saying that messageboarder is lying?

2. If no to the above question, how do you explain why he didn't receive a reply? Technical problems do happen from time to time and if that's all it was then fair enough. But in the current climate of fans feeling they are being ignored, people are going to wonder if this was just another excuse to avoid answering questions. If you aren't accusing the messageboarder of lying but you insist you did send him a reply then only remaining explanation is that there must be some unresolved technical problem. Will you look into this along with whoever provides your email hosting, and provide us with a proper detailed explanation of exactly what the problem is?

3. Does the Trust have a data protection policy? The person on the message board mentioned that Jim sent them a reply from his personal email account. If data is being moved between official trust email accounts and personal email accounts what safeguards are taken to adequately protect that data?
Last edit: 26 Jun 2019 10:35 by Kessler.

More
27 Jun 2019 17:32 - 27 Jun 2019 17:36 #24 by CCU
Oi Mullen, another Q answered:

Last edit: 27 Jun 2019 17:36 by CCU.

More
27 Jun 2019 18:20 - 27 Jun 2019 18:21 #25 by Mullen103
Cheers CCU - I’ve passed it on.

Quite interesting the club use the term “our travel group” but when there’s any issues the club like to remind us it’s an independent group.

Could you ask the club in the Cusg questions why they’ve used the term “our travel group” and if there’s now a partnership with cusat and are now the official away travel coach?

Last edit: 27 Jun 2019 18:21 by Mullen103.

More
27 Jun 2019 19:31 #26 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
I'd like to ask -

the club

what ambitions they have for the club long term?

What do they think their reputation is like in the city and county?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

More
27 Jun 2019 20:26 #27 by Mullen103

Mullen103 wrote: Cheers CCU - I’ve passed it on.

Quite interesting the club use the term “our travel group” but when there’s any issues the club like to remind us it’s an independent group.

Could you ask the club in the Cusg questions why they’ve used the term “our travel group” and if there’s now a partnership with cusat and are now the official away travel coach?

The club have tweeted a response saying that CUSAT are independent, as I thought.

Therefore the club should remove the “our travel club” as it seems it’s the clubs and they have some responsibility over them, when that’s not the case.

As mentioned previously, my friend who got discriminated against by cusat was going to make a claim but was told by a solicitor it would be against the club as it’s affilsted too and uses “Carlisle United” in its title. He/family decided against claiming, however If something similar happened or any issues the club doesn’t want to know, however tweeting “our travel club” does the club no favours as cusat are independent. Odd

• thetashkentterror
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
28 Jun 2019 01:04 #28 by thetashkentterror
Yes, you are. Extremely so.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

More
28 Jun 2019 01:49 #29 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
And blind acceptance is a sign Of stupid fools who stand in line.

More
28 Jun 2019 08:29 #30 by Mullen103

thetashkentterror wrote: Yes, you are. Extremely so.

Agree with you, rather been seen as odd than a sheep. Nee bother with that at all.

It was a genuine question, which could have implications for the club.

More
28 Jun 2019 11:53 - 28 Jun 2019 11:56 #31 by Mush

thetashkentterror wrote: Yes, you are. Extremely so.

That's a bit nasty, childish and uncalled for. Everyone is different which is far from a bad thing, yes Richard can be full on but that's just how he is. He is harmless. He just stands up for what believes in.

Some people might think the same of you.
Last edit: 28 Jun 2019 11:56 by Mush.

More
28 Jun 2019 12:28 - 28 Jun 2019 12:30 #32 by Mullen103
Ta mush

I’ve just spent the night supporting a vulnerable girl, alledging sexual assault, seriously let down by social services. I’m tired and angry so didn’t want to reply and say something I regretted.

Mush is correct, I’m full on and stand up for when I think somethings not right. I do go on and on though I admit! We’ve all got flaws.

If I’ve offended tashy in anyway I apologise. I’m odd I admit, but the comment was childish, I’ve named called - I admit - learnt from it and try not to do it anymore. We’re better than this.

Everyone’s different and has different opinions s, ways of doing things - deal with it!

Last edit: 28 Jun 2019 12:30 by Mullen103.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush, munchymagic

More
28 Jun 2019 13:13 #33 by Mullen103
To be fair though, at least i know where i stand with Tashy etc.

It's the two faced ones like a certain female DSG member, not bumble, that you help make things better/improve things from a shambolic level and put in positions that then name call you behind your back.

These are the people that piss me off more and make me think what's the point.

Maybe if they were more "Annoying" people and people that question we might not have the shambolic club we have.

• thetashkentterror
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
28 Jun 2019 14:48 #34 by thetashkentterror
Have we really reached the stage where tongue in cheek calling someone odd (who freely admits they are odd) is a deep personal insult?

More
28 Jun 2019 15:19 - 28 Jun 2019 15:25 #35 by Kessler

Mullen103 wrote: Maybe if they were more "Annoying" people and people that question we might not have the shambolic club we have.

That's a fair point. I think the club know that if they get a difficult question and fob people off, the majority will give up after trying a couple of times to get a straight answer. But even if that lets them avoid difficult questions at the time, that fan won't stick around if they feel so disrespected, they will just walk away sooner or later. And that's how the club dies, not with lots of fans leaving at once, but with a slow burn of a handful here and there. We need people who will ask difficult questions. And if the club (or the trust) give an explanation that doesn't quite add up, we need people to chase that up and keep asking them to explain it. The Trust claim they couldn't reply to a fan because of technical issues, but their explanation didn't add up and there was inconsistencies they have yet to address. People are speculating that they've just made it up as an excuse to avoid questions. And you can't really blame them for thinking that, because this is just the latest in a long line of deflection and excuses. Are the Trust happy that their behaviour has made them so untrusted, do they not want to restore peoples faith in them by being open and providing a full explanation for these "technical problems"?

I know the board read messages posted on here so here's something for them to think about. You might not ever be popular, but you could win back so many fans if you were simply more open and communicative with us. It doesn't matter if we don't like what we hear, we'll still appreciate that you've talked to us and communicated. I can give an example of this working in practice. Nigel Clibbens isn't well liked on here but even when people are criticizing him they usually mention that they appreciate him taking the time to reply. He's well known for that, and has developed a reputation like you might not like or agree with what's he saying but if you ask Clibbens a question he will respect you enough to give you a reply.
Last edit: 28 Jun 2019 15:25 by Kessler.

More
28 Jun 2019 15:41 #36 by Mullen103

thetashkentterror wrote: Have we really reached the stage where tongue in cheek calling someone odd (who freely admits they are odd) is a deep personal insult?

Could be seen as a bit harsh and taken the wrong way, Mush probably found it the same too.

Although I'm a bit sensitive today, but no harm done. It's fine, I'll just get my tashy voodoo doll out tonight!

Move on/next

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Mush

More
28 Jun 2019 17:49 - 28 Jun 2019 20:05 #37 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19

Mullen103 wrote: To be fair though, at least i know where i stand with Tashy etc.

It's the two faced ones like a certain female DSG member, not bumble, that you help make things better/improve things from a shambolic level and put in positions that then name call you behind your back.

These are the people that piss me off more and make me think what's the point.

Maybe if they were more "Annoying" people and people that question we might not have the shambolic club we have.

Phew, that's a relief. I do try and be equally annoying in real life as well as on the message board. :)
Last edit: 28 Jun 2019 20:05 by Bumble.

• BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Jun 2019 23:32 #38 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
Thanks for the Questions folks, we’ll forward them as usual.

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

More
28 Jun 2019 23:50 #39 by Mush

thetashkentterror wrote: Have we really reached the stage where tongue in cheek calling someone odd (who freely admits they are odd) is a deep personal insult?

It's easy calling it tongue in cheek after it has happened and after Richard didn't rise to it and didn't make a fuss of it ( big respect to him).

I can't recall him describing himself as odd. He's said he can go on about things etc yes. But Just even calling someone odd isn't nice was my main point, being it a joke or not.

More
29 Jun 2019 09:07 #40 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
Is Tashken not the one from the other board that no one goes on?
If so, is coming on here not a bit like deliberately going to places you know your ex-bird will be at with her new feller?
Now that is odd (and no I have not done it).
If not him, apologies!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

• thetashkentterror
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
29 Jun 2019 11:14 #41 by thetashkentterror

CarlisleWhite wrote: Is Tashken not the one from the other board that no one goes on?
If so, is coming on here not a bit like deliberately going to places you know your ex-bird will be at with her new feller?
If not him, apologies!

You must be on one hell of a bad satellite delay. I finished running CUFC Online in 2014. Nine years was more than enough.

More
29 Jun 2019 11:36 #42 by Mullen103
It’s not a criticism as such but Cumbrians in general like to put up and shut up, don’t like change and just get on with it.

An ex director of capita told me big corporations wanted to come to Cumbria for that, people just accept and do as their told.

Might explain why 4000 still go Kessler, despite what’s gone on and not many grumble. Perfect for our owners though.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

More
29 Jun 2019 16:06 #43 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19

thetashkentterror wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote: Is Tashken not the one from the other board that no one goes on?
If not him, apologies!

You must be on one hell of a bad satellite delay. I finished running CUFC Online in 2014. Nine years was more than enough.

Apologies then as I said.
Is there not another board (not by you obviously)?

More
29 Jun 2019 16:16 #44 by griff
Replied by griff on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
Aye, I took it over when Tashy packed in, mostly out of respect for the old place but also as an alternative should anything happen to this one, and for the use of those who don’t want to post here - yes there are one or two. I also use it to run the season-long predictocomp in which all are welcome to participate.

boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2430
The following user(s) Liked this post:: thetashkentterror, ParcelPete, CarlisleWhite, munchymagic

More
05 Jul 2019 12:45 - 05 Jul 2019 12:59 #45 by Kessler
Is anyone else looking forward to reading them when they are....eventually....published? I know I am.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2019 12:59 by CCU.

More
05 Jul 2019 12:57 - 05 Jul 2019 12:59 #46 by CCU
You maybe are, but no need to start a new Thread!

They’ll be uploaded this afternoon as per usual...

Last edit: 05 Jul 2019 12:59 by CCU.

More
05 Jul 2019 15:29 - 05 Jul 2019 16:04 #47 by CCU

Last edit: 05 Jul 2019 16:04 by CCU.

More
05 Jul 2019 15:43 #48 by Mush
One of my questions was -

What do they think their reputation is like in the city and county?

It was met with I don't understand the question!!

What a cop out :-(
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Arragorn, munchymagic

More
05 Jul 2019 15:44 #49 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 1st July 19
That’s Walt telt the bloody old exaggerator :(

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

More
05 Jul 2019 15:46 #50 by Mullen103
FFS like - reading the minutes/question/answers has totally pissed me off.

Where to start!

DSG!

Last month I was supposedly an annoying “wart” mainly because I kept saying they weren’t doing things right.

I had a meeting with Barry set out processes to get the questions answered and improved last month, he told me he knew what to do now, looks like it.

NO RESPONCE RECEIVED!

Joke! I didn’t do anything this month, be a wart or anything! I received nothing and the answers haven’t been given. Just one month ffs.

There’s no polite way of saying this, but his [censored] useless! I’m supposedly on the committee, not wasting my time on the shit show it is! I’ll be leaving ASAP!

As for Bumble attending, no issue, but secretly I think she’s wanted to attend. A discussion was had in the dsg to send Julie, nothing was had to send Bumble - for the record I wouldn’t go to it.

The trust

What a joke - no responce joke utter joke!

The owners of this club get stick and rightly so. It’s a shame that some of our groups are even worse!

My god! It’s time to do something else Richard for Christ sake before I crack up!

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush, munchymagic

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.