CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

  • BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Apr 2019 06:00 - 13 May 2019 07:40 #1 by BoardAdmin
CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19 was created by BoardAdmin
Hello folks,

Week earlier than it would normally be due to Easter Monday/Grimsby (A).

As per previous threads, please let us know any questions/topics to raise at the upcoming CUSG meeting.

Questions/topics to be submitted by 18:00 on Friday 12 April, to enable us to collate and forward to all parties.

Cheers!

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet
Last edit: 13 May 2019 07:40 by BoardAdmin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 07:44 #2 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Any update on the ground and future plans for it?

Can the stewards please stop cars getting out before the crowd leave?

What's happening with the scoreboard?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 07:50 #3 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
A scoreboard update was given at the last Meeting Pete:

The planned electronic scoreboard was awaiting further updates from the installer. Technical specs were being acquired. Nigel said the funding source was still 'onside' with the project and he remained confident it would go ahead for start of next season.

www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2019/march...rch-meeting-minutes/

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 08:34 #4 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Has the club considered operating bottle bars in and around the ground rather than the current system.

A lot of other clubs already operate this system and it appears to give a few advantages in speed of service and not having beer go bad in between games.

Have the club considered implementing something like this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 08:59 #5 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
DSG/CUSG Chairman

Firstly a huge thanks to Nigel Clibbens and Louise that helped with some disability queries recently. Unfortunetly these queries were ignored/not answered/ not forwarded by the DSG along with no answers to questions asked by messageboarders, this is unacceptable and unprofessional and doesn't show the DSG in a good light at all. Ideally the CUSG should be in a position to remove those that are incompetent in their positions, as in my opinion the DSG leader is, however if this is not possible can someone within CUSG train/advise Barry as to how to go about fullfilling his position in the correct/professional way instead of ignoring everything!

Some issues others and I have had regarding the DSG.


An email was sent, to the DSG, last season regarding a strange issue with carer tickets - this was ignored meaning I had to escalate to Nigel and Suzanne. Unfortunetly they had poor understanding and is something youd thought the DSG chairman should know and help with.

An email was sent regarding an issue with CUSAT - this was ignored.

An email was sent in November and followed up in December last year, from an employed carer. This was ignored and not dealt with until March when the person was advised by Nigel Clibbens himself and sorted by him.

An email was sent by a carer in December. After a complaint was received by NC in March because of no responce, it was resolved easily by Louise in the ticket office.

A statement released by the DSG through the club was an embarassment. Full of inaccuracies and confusing!

DSG meetings were attended, but any advice given was refused.

No responces have ever been received from queries submitted for the CUSG.

These are things the DSG/leader should do, without the need of the club. At the moment nothing is being answered showing the DSG and the club in bad light. Unfortunetly it seems the DSG position was given in a hurry, to satisfy efl tickbox, without any thought what its purpose is. Other clubs do this position well, we have the worst, which is surprising considering we have a director on the efl board.



Trust

It was disapointing to read in your last CUSG responces that you wouldn't be disapointed or consider the season a failure if we didn't achieve promotion. I understand your responce was more in regards to the word "promotion" in general rather than promotion from this god forsaken tinpot league. Therefore as we are most likely to embark on yet another season in "tinpot2" it seems from your responce that you are content with this. Does this not show a lack of ambition and being content with medeocrity/failure as Carlisle United should not be a club cemented to the last tier of the football league.

Club

In your last responce, it was staded that the MK Dons match is the highest grossing of the season. Excellent promotion, marketing and obviously the ticket price helped with this. However as expected its died a death (moreso with what's happening onfield) and back to 5000 ish. why then don't you expend on the formula used for the MK Dons match and offer this more often and see what happens. Surely if something is a success it seems archaic/moronic to go back to "normal" ways especially if it produced the most income.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Waltero
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
08 Apr 2019 09:48 #6 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
They should have been promoting/pushing the Lincoln game knowing full well they'd be bring large following. They could possibly outnumber us. All the more reason to drop the prices to drag more home fans to attend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 14:30 #7 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
They won't drop the prices precisely because Lincoln will bring a big away crowd, you would have to offer them cheaper tickets too.

MK Dons didn't drop their prices and Lincoln took 5500 there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 14:57 #8 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Bury brought a large ish away following but there were still less than 4,000 Carlisle fans there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 16:34 - 08 Apr 2019 16:44 #9 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

DeckchairBlue wrote: They won't drop the prices precisely because Lincoln will bring a big away crowd, you would have to offer them cheaper tickets too.

MK Dons didn't drop their prices and Lincoln took 5500 there.


No, you wouldn't. you could charge £30 with a free Crawly ticket included

And loads of cheap tickets on E.Bay courtesy of them not being much use to the Lincoln fans for anybody who can.t get to the Lincoln game.

That way you get a 50% uplift on what the away fans are paying and a bumper gate at full price for the last home match.

If they took 5500 to MK how come they've only sold 800 for the match at BP ?

I suspect that plod will be wanting double time on a good Friday and will have agreed a lower number so long as they don't seel more than a certain number of tickets.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2019 16:44 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 16:45 #10 by Wukkie
Replied by Wukkie on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Q. for the BOD, When are you ganna drop the 'reluctant' tag as it clearly isn't and bonus question When are you ganna feck off?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 16:45 #11 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
When we are contending for the play offs you would think that every single home game left would be a promotion game - ST holders wouldn't really care as they like a full house as much as the rest of us.

Short-sighted from the club, I know that we need to beat our jinx with high crowds but nowt like a big crowd behind you when you are hitting the last stretch and the weather is warming up so more folk will be inclined to go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Waltero
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
08 Apr 2019 17:10 #12 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Answer from the board "Never" unfortunately for us

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2019 13:32 #13 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Just a few questions regarding the Peter Beardsley night recently.

Who made the decision to withdraw the attendance of CUFC officials from the night?

Do you think it was appropriate for the club to take the moral high ground when one of the people you withdrew is facing a more serious charge than Beardsley is?

Are the club happy with the way they have treated one of its greatest ever players?

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Alan, thetashkentterror, Bruntonpasty, Dancingbear and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2019 19:49 #14 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Question to the Supporters Group including Travel and the Club .

Do you have an approximate figure of the average age of blues fans attending games home and away .
Im no spring chicken myself but the older generation see to outweigh young up and coming fans by a great margine .

A lot of the fan shots on facebook look like theyve been taken in Gods Waiting Room never mind the paddock .
The following user(s) Liked this post:: carwash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 13:07 - 12 Apr 2019 13:07 #15 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
One from me:

Season Tickets: What is the point in the date for securing your current seat, being two weeks before the end of the early buy period? Surely makes sense to have them the same date? Seem to remember this being mentioned by a few fans last Summer as rather pointless!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 12 Apr 2019 13:07 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 15:57 - 12 Apr 2019 16:00 #16 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Too many young lads want to aligne themselves to PL fantasy football instead of their uncool local team that play proper football, crap one week world class the next.... Oh and loyalty from the older generation brought up with the Blues long before big tellys and foreign mercenaries.
That's my starter for 10 anyway... Waste of a question CCU to which taking your post code won't give the club the answer

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 12 Apr 2019 16:00 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 16:17 #17 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

seesaw50 wrote: Too many young lads want to aligne themselves to PL fantasy football instead of their uncool local team that play proper football, crap one week world class the next.... Oh and loyalty from the older generation brought up with the Blues long before big tellys and foreign mercenaries.
That's my starter for 10 anyway... Waste of a question CCU to which taking your post code won't give the club the answer


In English?!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 16:30 - 12 Apr 2019 16:33 #18 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Remembered the other question I had!

What is the point of this ParkView tie up, if any potentially decent Players are allowed to go elsewhere? A couple have progressed to Sunderland recently, and one is going to Hertha Berlin on trial!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 12 Apr 2019 16:33 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Apr 2019 18:00 #19 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Thanks everybody. Questions will now be sent over.

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2019 07:48 #20 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
If it is not too late:
Is there a chance of having a four sided ground again to improve atmosphere?
E.g. making it just an extension to the paddock or opening with a specific use - teen terrace (charge of £5 or £50 to £100 season ticket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2019 09:19 #21 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Will add it next time BP, questions have already been sent over...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bruntonpete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 13:04 #22 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Again I ask what the purpose of this group/constitution is?

Going by a Facebook post it seems a discussion was had whether those in attendance were for/against the manager. The majority were for which is baffling in itself.

But we keep getting told that's not what the meeting is for. Again there was no time to gauge members of the represented groups opinion and is someone who organises away travel, a supposed disabled rep and no offence but a messageboard owner the right people to ask? It seems to me a kop out and passing blame onto the group if next season goes tits up!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 13:35 #23 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Both myself and Mouldy had prior engagements last night, the first time neither us had been able to attend in seven meetings (Both of us have made four meetings together, and we’ve attended one each on our own)

We did forward some stuff for discussion, regarding items were involved with. Also, the questions will be answered as per normal using the method we have in place.

We await the draft notes, usually tues eve or weds morn, before we know what was discussed. We can’t really say/confirm until we see them!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
16 Apr 2019 13:37 #24 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
What's been said on this Facebook post then Mullen?

Got a link or a screenshot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 13:46 #25 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

CCU wrote: Both myself and Mouldy had prior engagements last night, the first time neither us had been able to attend in seven meetings (Both of us have made four meetings together, and we’ve attended one each on our own)

We did forward some stuff for discussion, regarding items were involved with. Also, the questions will be answered as per normal using the method we have in place.

We await the draft notes, usually tues eve or weds morn, before we know what was discussed. We can’t really say/confirm until we see them!


You should have said i.d have been more than willing to attend and represent the board, in fact, come to think of it I could have given the whole lot of them a good shakeup preferably by their throats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 14:02 #26 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

thetashkentterror wrote: What's been said on this Facebook post then Mullen?

Got a link or a screenshot?


CCU has been sent the screen shot, he can confirm it if he wants - I don't know if the group is open/closed so won't put on here.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 14:09 #27 by lbtufty
Replied by lbtufty on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: You should have said i.d have been more than willing to attend and represent the board, in fact, come to think of it I could have given the whole lot of them a good shakeup preferably by their throats.


What a pearl, that's the best laugh I've had reading this board since the Meet outside Debenhams post!

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."
The following user(s) Liked this post:: cufcdeano, DeckchairBlue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 14:19 - 16 Apr 2019 14:20 #28 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

lbtufty wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: You should have said i.d have been more than willing to attend and represent the board, in fact, come to think of it I could have given the whole lot of them a good shakeup preferably by their throats.


What a pearl, that's the best laugh I've had reading this board since the Meet outside Debenhams post!


Ha Ha, Plenty of people know what happened the last time I attended a meeting at BP. The time the Lanky [censored] stole 30 grand of the supporter's clubs money.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 14:20 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 14:25 #29 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Question for Mouldy/CCU

If - It's just a suggestion/theory at the minute - a question was put to the group re the managers situation, how would you have responded or answered?

If it was indeed asked, do you think its an appropriate question to ask this group?

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 14:34 #30 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
I’d probably ask the relevance of such a question to the Meeting?

I’ve never really considered the Meetings to be about the playing side of things. Yes, they’ll get mentioned as part of other stuff, that’s only natural. But as a direct question, not really the place IMO...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 14:37 - 16 Apr 2019 14:37 #31 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

Mullen103 wrote: Question for Mouldy/CCU

If - It's just a suggestion/theory at the minute - a question was put to the group re the managers situation, how would you have responded or answered?

If it was indeed asked, do you think its an appropriate question to ask this group?


Depends who asked it ?

If it was say Clibbins or Holdsworth then its out of order as a casual positive result could then be used to justify an appointment as in "after consultation with the supporter's liaison group we are happy to give Elvis a 10-year contract "

If it was one of the fans then yes it would be interesting to hear what NC or DH.s reply would be but i.d be very surprised if they were even willing to comment in any way at all.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 14:37 by NORTHERNSOUL.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
18 Apr 2019 19:22 #33 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Hilarious comedy.

Disabled group - no answer received. I found that hilarious from the comment before from the Cusg chairmen about helping with communication/answering questions. You can’t make it up!!!!

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2019 19:32 #34 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
And the responses from the trust to their question is laughable.

I’ve had a good laugh though - one bonus!

It’s an embarrassment to support this club - well those associated with it at least!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2019 20:19 #35 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Nice to see nothing has changed at all here..A group meeting that goes round and round in circles..month in month out without anything remotely significant happening... its a complete waste of oxygen
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Wukkie, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2019 20:38 #36 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Well I voted for the messageboard to be represented but a season in its hard to argue it’s been anything other than a complete waste of time.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: howoldboy, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2019 20:40 #37 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

markredfox73 wrote: Nice to see nothing has changed at all here..A group meeting that goes round and round in circles..month in month out without anything remotely significant happening... its a complete waste of oxygen


I was reluctant at the start but I think having mouldy and CCU there has changed it and mixed it up, but I’m sure some others just go too see what’s going on.

Nothing much goes on, I can remember talk about radar locks 2 years ago. It’s truly appalling that the DSG don’t answer anything, I’ve took the plunge and a little reluctantly offered to help the Cusg with that as that can’t carry on its embarsssing, the reply I got today that CUSAT are happy with the DSG was embarsssing, I’ve had enough of the bollocks I’ll do it and help out. Cusat and their travelers may be happy with the DSG, they chose him, but there’s a whole world out there ffs.

As for the other stuff yep nowt changes much. Agree. Again though CCU and Mouldy has the right idea!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2019 20:44 #38 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

Dancingbear wrote: Well I voted for the messageboard to be represented but a season in its hard to argue it’s been anything other than a complete waste of time.


It’s definitely worth another vote at the end of the season, it’s not this messageboard reps though that’s the problem it’s the others that need voted out!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2019 22:46 #39 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Thanks for asking my question.

Reading that type up it seems like the replies had some animosity almost behind them.

I hadn't realised that they had opened one small bar in the east stand for 1 game to be a bottle bar, as doing this obviously isn't going to test the water for whether people like it or not.

As for reducing choice, whenever I've been in the paddock bar they serve lager, cider or John Smiths. Having a choice of those 3 at bottles is easy, doesn't reduce choice and only represents an advantage.

The answering just seems to have seemed to be as if this was a chore to whoever was doing them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 04:12 #40 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

Dancingbear wrote: Well I voted for the messageboard to be represented but a season in its hard to argue it’s been anything other than a complete waste of time.


Selling bloody pin badges for [censored]'s sake.

Organising revolutions and ridding the club of the cancer that is Jenkins is what they should be doing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • melbourneblues
  • melbourneblues's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
19 Apr 2019 08:31 - 19 Apr 2019 08:31 #41 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Well as much as I think mullen is an antagonistic tit who likes to stir the pot, there’s no denying him not getting answers to specific questions is disgraceful. It’s like the longer this group goes on the the same awkward groups think it’s more acceptable to refuse to answer questions.

Mullen is a virgin.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2019 08:31 by melbourneblues. Reason: Spelling
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Waltero, Alan, thetashkentterror, Mush and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 10:23 #42 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

melbourneblues wrote: Well as much as I think mullen is an antagonistic tit who likes to stir the pot, there’s no denying him not getting answers to specific questions is disgraceful. It’s like the longer this group goes on the the same awkward groups think it’s more acceptable to refuse to answer questions.


I’ll accept that comment Melbourne, probably summed me up well there.

The trust: I found the latest comment astonishing, because it was a different question. Arsey comments just prove what organisation they are.

DSG: Amazing, I’m going to have help out, it’ll mean going to the games again though ha, I think in Barry’s group they think he’s done well, which shows the clique mentality, but there’s been lots of complaints. I’ve said enough about it though.

I do think the club, especially NC, the messageboard reps and the London branch, including Simon understand what the group is. I had discussions with some of them yesterday and there’s frustrations.

People don’t like criticism, I get that, but sometimes you’ve got to take it on the chin and improve instead of defending everything!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 10:46 #43 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Question for messageboard reps, what do you think of this months minutes, did you have any involvement at all, emails etc?

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 10:55 - 19 Apr 2019 10:56 #44 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Standard procedure.

Unfortunately first time in seven Meetings both of us couldn’t make it, though we did forward some stuff that was discussed regarding things we’re involved with.

There’s a set format for all Meetings. Agenda goes out prior, asking for any additions, then Meeting is had. Draft copy of Minutes is distributed for any edits where folk think something may be mis-quoted and the likes (Al Woodcock does a decent job of the notes) then it’s published at agreed time once confirmed.

There’s also the set format for the Questions we take, which has been covered before.

All Members receive these emails, so there’s no cloak and dagger to it. Simon Clarkson is very good with the communication around the Meetings.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 19 Apr 2019 10:56 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 11:11 #45 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Thanks

I presume the DSG get these as well. I had a bit of a ding dong last night with Barry and he’s more/less saying he’s never seen these questions before and at the very least doesn’t understand the process, which is baffling considering he’s been to every meeting. Now I know I mentioned an email problem, but I got told this was ok, but he’s saying he hasn’t received any of my emails, which is odd/worrying as when I’ve also included the club, the club has always came back to me, no bounce backs too. I’ve no idea!

I’m meeting Barry/Simon soon - which is good - and I’ll take some bits on and hopefully resolve the issues. To be told by Clibbens I should help out, in he’s opinion, as I know my stuff was a highlight lol.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 11:52 - 19 Apr 2019 11:53 #46 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
Has the DSG rep got online access....seems a stupid question but to answer not one query is surely a reason to replace him
.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 19 Apr 2019 11:53 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 12:54 #47 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

seesaw50 wrote: Has the DSG rep got online access....seems a stupid question but to answer not one query is surely a reason to replace him
.


Email only, but that’s questionable, it was so hard explaining its 2019 and there’s various ways to communicate now. The defence of “I’m in the study centre 1.30 - 2.30” isn’t good enough because those people that can’t attend have emailed and had no response.

It’s bad crack not answering questions. I had my reservations on the appointment anyway and sadly proved right. It was rushed through by Cusat, without doing it properly and seeing who else was available - clique mentality.

Barry is knowledgeable in construction so will be helpful there. I’m sorry though to keep saying the last two DSG statements are full of inaccuracies. Barry has my contact details he could of asked me to take a look. Instead it made the club/dsg look silly.

I’ve offered to help, let’s see what happens.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 13:35 #48 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
I can’t comment on the last two meetings as I’ve been unable to go, but before that I thought there had been a little bit of progress in terms on what was discussed, stuff being organised to raise funds for use on fans’ match day experience etc.

I think the biggest problem is it’s made up of ‘supporters groups’ that aren’t actually supporters groups, they’re fans that have something in common - use the same bus, post on the same messageboard etc. I’m not sure all of them want to be there to make a difference and think some perhaps do like the jolly chat. If it was made up of folk who actually wanted to be their to improve stuff for fans the whole dynamic changes. I mentioned this to Simon previously and he has agreed that perhaps looking at the constitution and amending to include other fans who may have an interest of getting involved. Nothing had been discussed as yet.

I certainly think it’s worth reconsidering at the end of the season, or after a years worth of meetings or whatever. It still has potential to create improvements for fans but without the folk that attend wanting that, it sort of does just wastes a bit of our time.

That said I don’t think anybody that goes is deliberately malicious or obstructive, I think it’s just a disagreement as to what CUSG should be.

all views my own

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 19:45 - 19 Apr 2019 21:40 #49 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19

Mullen103 wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: Has the DSG rep got online access....seems a stupid question but to answer not one query is surely a reason to replace him
.


Email only, but that’s questionable, it was so hard explaining its 2019 and there’s various ways to communicate now. The defence of “I’m in the study centre 1.30 - 2.30” isn’t good enough because those people that can’t attend have emailed and had no response.

It’s bad crack not answering questions. I had my reservations on the appointment anyway and sadly proved right. It was rushed through by Cusat, without doing it properly and seeing who else was available - clique mentality.

Barry is knowledgeable in construction so will be helpful there. I’m sorry though to keep saying the last two DSG statements are full of inaccuracies. Barry has my contact details he could of asked me to take a look. Instead it made the club/dsg look silly.

I’ve offered to help, let’s see what happens.


Can you tell me what the inaccuracies were in the last DSG statement please?
Last edit: 19 Apr 2019 21:40 by Bumble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2019 20:00 #50 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 15 Apr 19
I a tad annoyed at the answer to the question i put about a break down of the age of our match going support .
Any club worth its salt should know these figures chapter and verse instead it was another fudge up .

Part of me thinks they are too embarrased to release these figures as they must be poor reading for attracting young people to support the club .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.