17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

  • BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Apr 2018 14:00 #1 by BoardAdmin
17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread was created by BoardAdmin

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 15:26 #2 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Yeovil 3-0 up away to Coventry after 15 minutes with Zoko getting one of the goals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
02 Apr 2018 15:44 - 02 Apr 2018 15:49 #3 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
4 now. Exeter losing as well, if we can just get a goal

Shocking goal to concede and another poor challenge by parkes
Last edit: 02 Apr 2018 15:49 by Markovitch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 16:01 #4 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

Markovitch wrote: 4 now. Exeter losing as well, if we can just get a goal

Shocking goal to concede and another poor challenge by parkes


What is 4 now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 16:09 #5 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Coventry pull 1 back. 47 mins gone, I wouldn’t bet against them coming back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
02 Apr 2018 16:14 #6 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Came up on sofa score as 4 0, back to 3 now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 16:17 #7 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
4-1 now though. Zoko again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 16:24 #8 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
With Colchester winning in deepest Gloucestershire, we are down to 11th. :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
02 Apr 2018 16:24 #9 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Subbed the keeper at half time as well

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 16:42 #10 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Was a penalty given to us, but the referee consulted the linesman and discovered the payment from lincoln had went into their bank accounts this morning
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie, seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 17:00 #11 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Jones sent off, 2nd yellow

listening to JP, it sounds like the referee is wearing a Lincoln strip, running round holding a Lincoln scarf raised in the air, and is asking the Lincoln team where they'd like their next free kick from
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
02 Apr 2018 17:08 #12 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Substitutes Grainger, Mini me and Stockton. Good wages, poor quality and reasons why we will be in the 4th division next year. Let's hope David Hopkin can do better
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • markredfox73
  • markredfox73's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
02 Apr 2018 17:13 #13 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Well thats the season to bed now sadly..and stuck in the same shit with the horsemen again.ffs

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 17:13 #14 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Bit of a sickener that one :(

The ref was a complete tool, should have been 1-1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 17:26 #15 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
I wonder how much Lincoln paid the ref? They were shit the ref was shit... we should be stuffing teams that are that shite... never has a ref ruined a game as much as this clueless muppet... gave them three points they weren't worth
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 17:27 #16 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Also why we signed mini me he's an absolute waste
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 17:30 #17 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

triskelionblue wrote: I wonder how much Lincoln paid the ref? They were shit the ref was shit... we should be stuffing teams that are that shite... never has a ref ruined a game as much as this clueless muppet... gave them three points they weren't worth


The Lincoln players bullied him.

Totally ruined the game, the free kick that led to their goal was not even a free kick apparently.

What a total downer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 17:51 #18 by Champions95
Replied by Champions95 on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

munchymagic wrote:

triskelionblue wrote: I wonder how much Lincoln paid the ref? They were shit the ref was shit... we should be stuffing teams that are that shite... never has a ref ruined a game as much as this clueless muppet... gave them three points they weren't worth


The Lincoln players bullied him.

Totally ruined the game, the free kick that led to their goal was not even a free kick apparently.

What a total downer.


The word 'apparently' totally ruins your argument. If you saw it and you know it wasn't then fair enough. Personally, years of listening to JP and post match rants from some of my more bias mates has taught me to wait until I've seen something with my own eyes.

Let's be honest: how many of us have ranted and raved at a decision at a match and then seen the replay and realised it was fair enough.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: franksidebottom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 17:51 #19 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Re the pen... the ref from 10-12yards gave the pen...meanwhile the official from 25 yards away gets in his ear and he then changes his mind. How often does a ref change his mind ...what did that useless lino say to him.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 17:53 #20 by Cayambe
Replied by Cayambe on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

munchymagic wrote:

triskelionblue wrote: I wonder how much Lincoln paid the ref? They were shit the ref was shit... we should be stuffing teams that are that shite... never has a ref ruined a game as much as this clueless muppet... gave them three points they weren't worth


The Lincoln players bullied him.

Totally ruined the game, the free kick that led to their goal was not even a free kick apparently.

What a total downer.


The referee was a disgrace. Following the foul awarded to them he signalled to everyone to wait for his whistle; he was just raising the whistle to his lips when they scored; thought about it and gave the goal. He was then hugged by their forward. I have no idea on the "penalty" as I only saw a hand. Their number 9 feigning injury close to half time but not budging from the pitch. At the end the number 9 went on the pitch to give the ref a hand shake. A disgrace.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 17:56 #21 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

Champions95 wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

triskelionblue wrote: I wonder how much Lincoln paid the ref? They were shit the ref was shit... we should be stuffing teams that are that shite... never has a ref ruined a game as much as this clueless muppet... gave them three points they weren't worth


The Lincoln players bullied him.

Totally ruined the game, the free kick that led to their goal was not even a free kick apparently.

What a total downer.


The word 'apparently' totally ruins your argument. If you saw it and you know it wasn't then fair enough. Personally, years of listening to JP and post match rants from some of my more bias mates has taught me to wait until I've seen something with my own eyes.

Let's be honest: how many of us have ranted and raved at a decision at a match and then seen the replay and realised it was fair enough.


The anger from the players said a lot, looks like they are masters at getting free kicks in this area as they have tried it three times in the last three games and scored two of them.

Very frustrating losing this one but I think we should have got a point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 18:04 #22 by carlisleunited
Replied by carlisleunited on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Penalty incident was handball by Ellis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 18:06 #23 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
You're very measured munchy .....I'm frankly incensed with that display from the match official.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 18:14 #24 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

seesaw50 wrote: You're very measured munchy .....I'm frankly incensed with that display from the match official.


Lincoln played like a side going to Wembley in their next match we played like a team devoid of any quality.

Refereee was useless i agree, but we didn’t deserve anything.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 18:18 - 02 Apr 2018 18:19 #25 by carlisleunited
Replied by carlisleunited on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

Mullen103 wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: You're very measured munchy .....I'm frankly incensed with that display from the match official.


Lincoln played like a side going to Wembley in their next match we played like a team devoid of any quality.

Refereee was useless i agree, but we didn’t deserve anything.


Yes we did. If you'd watched it you'd realise the referee, 2 e's at the end of referee, was worse than useless.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2018 18:19 by carlisleunited.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 18:51 #26 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
First time I had seen Jamal CR-hopefully the last.He was like the soft deer in Peter Rabbit ‘Headlights,headlights,headlights’
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 18:55 #27 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Well, that's the angriest I've felt at the end of a game for a while.
I thought we deserved a point and were unlucky to lose. Can't say either side deserved to win really and a point would have been about right. We weren't creative or clinical enough in the final 3rd but can't say they really threatened us too often.
I thought the ref was generally quite poor and I felt we didn't get the rub of the green with the key decisions. Frustrating, to say the least, that we we were the ones who ended up 10 men.
But really what incensed me was the Lincoln side and management team. I mean, you do see it from some sides - Steve Evans and Darren Ferguson spring to mind - but I felt for a complete top to bottom display of gamesmanship then Lincoln really nailed it.
Constant haranguing off the referee, exaggerating fouls, slowing the game down and the pantomine act on the sidelines by the managers just leaves such a bitter taste. Even their goading of our fans as they walked over at the end was unpleasant.
I don't know why the penalty decision was over turned and it could well be that the right decision was made eventually. I'm sure our players would have been equally vocal if they were convinced an injustice had been done, but the manner of it was dreadful. I was genuinely surprised one of their players wasn't sent off for the behaviour towards the referee.
There's an argument in favour for "playing" football like that. Get into the referee' s face, intimidate him, harangue the 4th official, feign injury etc etc. People only remember the result. And after all, they are in the play off places and not us. If you win, who cares?
I do. For me it's the not the reason I go to football matches.
Do you really have to behave like that to win matches?
By any means neccessary?
No thanks.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bejustandfearprokas, Wukkie, flumeblue, seesaw50, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 19:04 #28 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Well said NCF-you have encapsulated the thoughts of many.I used to think the two lads at Lincoln were decent blokes-not any more.They were better than us in key areas however and the young lad at the back was class.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bejustandfearprokas
  • bejustandfearprokas's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
02 Apr 2018 19:11 #29 by bejustandfearprokas
Replied by bejustandfearprokas on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Well said NCF! I too haven’t left a match that angry. That game was a shambles because the officials gave in and fell for their utter obvious gamesmanship. The penalty I think may have been the right decision eventually, however, the crowding of the ref there was shocking, fat lad staying on the floor after a tap was disgraceful. It was a foul, but rolling around the way he did and wasting five minutes of time was infuriating. The second yellow was laughable and the sheer inconsistency the ref showed was very hard to swallow.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 19:18 #30 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

Laffy wrote: Well said NCF-you have encapsulated the thoughts of many.I used to think the two lads at Lincoln were decent blokes-not any more.They were better than us in key areas however and the young lad at the back was class.


Yes, he was excellent, wasn't he? A couple of very composed cut insides with playing bearing down on him. Looked very classy for such a youngster. Big difference in the bench as well. With Nadesan and Bennett starting we lack an impact from the bench whilst Lincoln brought Palmer on who is a real handful. JCR looked at best half fit. Shame he's not been at his best at BP because he really was very good when he came on at Wycombe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 19:20 #31 by 182blue
Replied by 182blue on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
I agree that Lincoln ere a disgrace today but unfortunately when we are playing away, we have done more than our fair share of similar antics.
All this kind of stuff is getting way out of hand now.
It would be so easy to clamp down on.
Why the referee has to have endless debates with players, God only knows.
They just need to start brandishing cards if there’s any sort of timewasting, surrounding the ref , dissent etc.
I heard Lummy saying Carlisle need to do more of this, but I don’t think the players understand what a massive turn off it is for fans. It’s bad enough freezing your tits off watching dross, without all that carry on.
We can’t do it one week and then complain when others do it,
I’m sick of it , to be honest.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: flumeblue, walwynlegend, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 19:25 #32 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
You guys all have decades on me going to BP but I can't imagine that there would be that many occasions when "Cheat Cheat Cheat" rings out around the ground at the end of the game.
It is easy to get on your high horse about these things but I genuinely felt that today, for me anyway, it really was beyond the pale.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mush
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
02 Apr 2018 19:26 #33 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

newcarlislefan wrote: Well, that's the angriest I've felt at the end of a game for a while.
I thought we deserved a point and were unlucky to lose. Can't say either side deserved to win really and a point would have been about right. We weren't creative or clinical enough in the final 3rd but can't say they really threatened us too often.
I thought the ref was generally quite poor and I felt we didn't get the rub of the green with the key decisions. Frustrating, to say the least, that we we were the ones who ended up 10 men.
But really what incensed me was the Lincoln side and management team. I mean, you do see it from some sides - Steve Evans and Darren Ferguson spring to mind - but I felt for a complete top to bottom display of gamesmanship then Lincoln really nailed it.
Constant haranguing off the referee, exaggerating fouls, slowing the game down and the pantomine act on the sidelines by the managers just leaves such a bitter taste. Even their goading of our fans as they walked over at the end was unpleasant.
I don't know why the penalty decision was over turned and it could well be that the right decision was made eventually. I'm sure our players would have been equally vocal if they were convinced an injustice had been done, but the manner of it was dreadful. I was genuinely surprised one of their players wasn't sent off for the behaviour towards the referee.
There's an argument in favour for "playing" football like that. Get into the referee' s face, intimidate him, harangue the 4th official, feign injury etc etc. People only remember the result. And after all, they are in the play off places and not us. If you win, who cares?
I do. For me it's the not the reason I go to football matches.
Do you really have to behave like that to win matches?
By any means neccessary?
No thanks.


Good account of everything, You always talk sense pal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 20:04 #34 by cousinscotty
Replied by cousinscotty on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

newcarlislefan wrote: Well, that's the angriest I've felt at the end of a game for a while.
I thought we deserved a point and were unlucky to lose. Can't say either side deserved to win really and a point would have been about right. We weren't creative or clinical enough in the final 3rd but can't say they really threatened us too often.
I thought the ref was generally quite poor and I felt we didn't get the rub of the green with the key decisions. Frustrating, to say the least, that we we were the ones who ended up 10 men.
But really what incensed me was the Lincoln side and management team. I mean, you do see it from some sides - Steve Evans and Darren Ferguson spring to mind - but I felt for a complete top to bottom display of gamesmanship then Lincoln really nailed it.
Constant haranguing off the referee, exaggerating fouls, slowing the game down and the pantomine act on the sidelines by the managers just leaves such a bitter taste. Even their goading of our fans as they walked over at the end was unpleasant.
I don't know why the penalty decision was over turned and it could well be that the right decision was made eventually. I'm sure our players would have been equally vocal if they were convinced an injustice had been done, but the manner of it was dreadful. I was genuinely surprised one of their players wasn't sent off for the behaviour towards the referee.
There's an argument in favour for "playing" football like that. Get into the referee' s face, intimidate him, harangue the 4th official, feign injury etc etc. People only remember the result. And after all, they are in the play off places and not us. If you win, who cares?
I do. For me it's the not the reason I go to football matches.
Do you really have to behave like that to win matches?
By any means neccessary?
No thanks.


Depends on how much you want to be successful in League 2. Turn-off for fans? No - a team of losers is the turn-off. Win at all costs by any means necessary is the order of the day in the bottom two Leagues. We can save the tippy-happy until we're in the Championship.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 20:10 #35 by pie
Replied by pie on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Don't see why the refs put up with it - they've talked about doing something about it for long enough so how about some action.

Start waving a few red cards about and players would sharp cut it out. You'd ruin a few games early on but it would soon work.

Can't think of many other sports which have the same issues, despite being as important, adrenalin fuelled etc.

Get the players to shut up and play the game and leave the abuse of the refs to those who have to pay to watch in the stands.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 20:30 - 02 Apr 2018 20:36 #36 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

Laffy wrote: Well said NCF-you have encapsulated the thoughts of many.I used to think the two lads at Lincoln were decent blokes-not any more.They were better than us in key areas however and the young lad at the back was class.


What I just said on the other thread ..they had skill so why the antics ....
wonder how may other teams fans have gone home incensed this season at Lincolns hand.
I usually say its southern teams who play this way then I remember Mansfield came with the same "game plan" generally its the Crawleys Lutons and back in Ian Hendon's playing days , Barnet.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 02 Apr 2018 20:36 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 20:37 #37 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
I’m not certain they were that good-very physical and a team designed to get out of the division but seen much better this season.A team designed to suffocate home teams and disrupt through breaking up play with antics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 22:08 #38 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

Champions95 wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

triskelionblue wrote: I wonder how much Lincoln paid the ref? They were shit the ref was shit... we should be stuffing teams that are that shite... never has a ref ruined a game as much as this clueless muppet... gave them three points they weren't worth


The Lincoln players bullied him.

Totally ruined the game, the free kick that led to their goal was not even a free kick apparently.

What a total downer.


The word 'apparently' totally ruins your argument. If you saw it and you know it wasn't then fair enough. Personally, years of listening to JP and post match rants from some of my more bias mates has taught me to wait until I've seen something with my own eyes.

Let's be honest: how many of us have ranted and raved at a decision at a match and then seen the replay and realised it was fair enough.


Unfortunately this wasn't one bad decision it was a full match of it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 22:10 #39 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

Cayambe wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

triskelionblue wrote: I wonder how much Lincoln paid the ref? They were shit the ref was shit... we should be stuffing teams that are that shite... never has a ref ruined a game as much as this clueless muppet... gave them three points they weren't worth


The Lincoln players bullied him.

Totally ruined the game, the free kick that led to their goal was not even a free kick apparently.

What a total downer.


The referee was a disgrace. Following the foul awarded to them he signalled to everyone to wait for his whistle; he was just raising the whistle to his lips when they scored; thought about it and gave the goal. He was then hugged by their forward. I have no idea on the "penalty" as I only saw a hand. Their number 9 feigning injury close to half time but not budging from the pitch. At the end the number 9 went on the pitch to give the ref a hand shake. A disgrace.


Agree and that was after lecturing Devitt and Liddle for what seemed an eternity...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 22:27 #40 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

newcarlislefan wrote:

Laffy wrote: Well said NCF-you have encapsulated the thoughts of many.I used to think the two lads at Lincoln were decent blokes-not any more.They were better than us in key areas however and the young lad at the back was class.


Yes, he was excellent, wasn't he? A couple of very composed cut insides with playing bearing down on him. Looked very classy for such a youngster. Big difference in the bench as well. With Nadesan and Bennett starting we lack an impact from the bench whilst Lincoln brought Palmer on who is a real handful. JCR looked at best half fit. Shame he's not been at his best at BP because he really was very good when he came on at Wycombe.


Thinking back to the Wycombe game I think the reason JCR looked so good was the huge amount of space Wycombe afforded him. He could basically do what he wanted unchallenged. He must have cost the club at least £30,000 for his half season contract for 45 minutes of good performance. While nowhere near the £50,000 a minute the Telegraph has calculated Daniel Sturridge has cost West Brom, at League Two level we can't afford to waste money like this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 23:56 #41 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

newcarlislefan wrote: You guys all have decades on me going to BP but I can't imagine that there would be that many occasions when "Cheat Cheat Cheat" rings out around the ground at the end of the game.
It is easy to get on your high horse about these things but I genuinely felt that today, for me anyway, it really was beyond the pale.


Any game featuring Liam Lawrence,Ian Hendon.

Last time l went home this angry was after Jonny Howson’s goal. *Still shout [censored] at the telly when his name comes up as a scorer.

*Not even after the Shrewsbury game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2018 00:44 #42 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

carwash wrote:

newcarlislefan wrote:

Laffy wrote: Well said NCF-you have encapsulated the thoughts of many.I used to think the two lads at Lincoln were decent blokes-not any more.They were better than us in key areas however and the young lad at the back was class.


Yes, he was excellent, wasn't he? A couple of very composed cut insides with playing bearing down on him. Looked very classy for such a youngster. Big difference in the bench as well. With Nadesan and Bennett starting we lack an impact from the bench whilst Lincoln brought Palmer on who is a real handful. JCR looked at best half fit. Shame he's not been at his best at BP because he really was very good when he came on at Wycombe.


Thinking back to the Wycombe game I think the reason JCR looked so good was the huge amount of space Wycombe afforded him. He could basically do what he wanted unchallenged. He must have cost the club at least £30,000 for his half season contract for 45 minutes of good performance. While nowhere near the £50,000 a minute the Telegraph has calculated Daniel Sturridge has cost West Brom, at League Two level we can't afford to waste money like this.


JCR's transfer fee was a 3 figure sum, I kid you not... No idea what his wages are though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
03 Apr 2018 02:57 #43 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
Don't think I've ever seen a team like stevenage for play acting. Doesn't change the fact we weren't good enough to beat Lincoln. Hope & nadesan didn't perform, Jones & Joyce again were second best and several players were chucking themselves into challenges, parkes again. We weren't good enough on the day as we haven't been good enough all season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2018 10:19 #44 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

cufcmike wrote:

carwash wrote:

newcarlislefan wrote:

Laffy wrote: Well said NCF-you have encapsulated the thoughts of many.I used to think the two lads at Lincoln were decent blokes-not any more.They were better than us in key areas however and the young lad at the back was class.


Yes, he was excellent, wasn't he? A couple of very icomposed cut insides with playing bearing down on him. Looked very classy for such a youngster. Big difference in the bench as well. With Nadesan and Bennett starting we lack an impact from the bench whilst Lincoln brought Palmer on who is a real handful. JCR looked at best half fit. Shame he's not been at his best at BP because he really was very good when he came on at Wycombe.


Thinking back to the Wycombe game I think the reason JCR looked so good was the huge amount of space Wycombe afforded him. He could basically do what he wanted unchallenged. He must have cost the club at least £30,000 for his half season contract for 45 minutes of good performance. While nowhere near the £50,000 a minute the Telegraph has calculated Daniel Sturridge has cost West Brom, at League Two level we can't afford to waste money like this.


JCR's transfer fee was a 3 figure sum, I kid you not... No idea what his wages are though.


What? £950?......

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2018 13:37 - 03 Apr 2018 13:38 #45 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

seesaw50 wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

carwash wrote:

newcarlislefan wrote:

Laffy wrote: Well said NCF-you have encapsulated the thoughts of many.I used to think the two lads at Lincoln were decent blokes-not any more.They were better than us in key areas however and the young lad at the back was class.


Yes, he was excellent, wasn't he? A couple of very icomposed cut insides with playing bearing down on him. Looked very classy for such a youngster. Big difference in the bench as well. With Nadesan and Bennett starting we lack an impact from the bench whilst Lincoln brought Palmer on who is a real handful. JCR looked at best half fit. Shame he's not been at his best at BP because he really was very good when he came on at Wycombe.


Thinking back to the Wycombe game I think the reason JCR looked so good was the huge amount of space Wycombe afforded him. He could basically do what he wanted unchallenged. He must have cost the club at least £30,000 for his half season contract for 45 minutes of good performance. While nowhere near the £50,000 a minute the Telegraph has calculated Daniel Sturridge has cost West Brom, at League Two level we can't afford to waste money like this.


JCR's transfer fee was a 3 figure sum, I kid you not... No idea what his wages are though.


What? £950?......


That’s probably too much if it ncludes his wages

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
Last edit: 03 Apr 2018 13:38 by Dancingbear.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: cufcmike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2018 13:50 - 03 Apr 2018 14:51 #46 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

seesaw50 wrote:

cufcmike wrote:

carwash wrote:

newcarlislefan wrote:

Laffy wrote: Well said NCF-you have encapsulated the thoughts of many.I used to think the two lads at Lincoln were decent blokes-not any more.They were better than us in key areas however and the young lad at the back was class.


Yes, he was excellent, wasn't he? A couple of very icomposed cut insides with playing bearing down on him. Looked very classy for such a youngster. Big difference in the bench as well. With Nadesan and Bennett starting we lack an impact from the bench whilst Lincoln brought Palmer on who is a real handful. JCR looked at best half fit. Shame he's not been at his best at BP because he really was very good when he came on at Wycombe.


Thinking back to the Wycombe game I think the reason JCR looked so good was the huge amount of space Wycombe afforded him. He could basically do what he wanted unchallenged. He must have cost the club at least £30,000 for his half season contract for 45 minutes of good performance. While nowhere near the £50,000 a minute the Telegraph has calculated Daniel Sturridge has cost West Brom, at League Two level we can't afford to waste money like this.


JCR's transfer fee was a 3 figure sum, I kid you not... No idea what his wages are though.


What? £950?......


Less!

Rumour has it he'd fallen out with Westley, and was popular with the fans. If they'd let him go for nowt there would have been an uproar, hence the "nominal fee".
Last edit: 03 Apr 2018 14:51 by cufcmike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
03 Apr 2018 14:43 #47 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
A 3 figure sum? 12 1/2p? The only reason he looked good against Wycombe was because they had a man sent off so he had space. Stockton scored his solitary goal in that game and we still managed to snatch a defeat from the Jaws of victory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2018 15:42 #48 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

carlisleunited wrote: Penalty incident was handball by Ellis.


When I freeze framed the highlights the hand that goes to the ball looks like their player. Be a very odd position for our players arm. Commentator on extended highlights says decision reversed for a shove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2018 15:57 #49 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread

Prawncrackhead wrote:

carlisleunited wrote: Penalty incident was handball by Ellis.


When I freeze framed the highlights the hand that goes to the ball looks like their player. Be a very odd position for our players arm. Commentator on extended highlights says decision reversed for a shove.


The photos on the club website show it better than the highlights, it was clearly Ellis sadly. Correct decision was made in the end, but why the hell is the referee blowing for a penalty 10 yards away from him if he's not sure? The man was a joke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2018 20:08 #50 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic 17/18 - Lincoln (H) Match Thread
I’m not normally one to have a go at refs as it must be an almost impossible task at times trying to officiate 22 blokes trying to con you, twining at you and basically acting like a bunch of kids for an hour and a half. But yesterday’s ref was terrible and totally spoiled what might have been a decent game.

Lincoln weren’t a nice team to watch or play against I would imagine, they certainly played on the edge of the rules. However the gamesmanship and “cheating” (very childish term to use when your team gets beat) wasn’t just exclusive to the away side. Devitt was at the ref all game, the reason he was booked in the end, Clint Hill took a couple of very suspicious falls when in difficult positions to win free-kicks and the most blatant bit of “cheating” all game came from our centre half, a handball in the box before claiming for and (initially) winning a penalty.

On that subject I thought the officials did pretty well. I, along with half the east stand, immediately jumped up shouting penalty, convinced it was a Lincoln arm which punched the ball, the referee obviously thought the same. The linesman obviously saw differently and told the referee who was brave enough to change his mind and between them came to the correct decision. Ellis and Hill’s actions were pretty telling and could be classed as gamesmanship, they both tried to keep the Lincoln players away from the ref knowing they could well influence him, Ellis then swiftly departed the scene and was the only player to then stay out of the resulting melee. It was like a guilty man departing the crimescene! As for the Lincoln players surrounding the ref, I would fully expect our players to do exactly the same were the decision to have been at the other end.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: 182blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.