The EWM Thread

More
10 May 2019 21:25 #1051 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The EWM Thread

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Urban Designer wrote:

CCU wrote: Day now worth £1.2bn, eighth richest in the NW according to this years Sunday Times Rich List:

www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17631512.reta...day-times-rich-list/


Don't tell Northernsoul - he'll think it's all under his bed!


Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.

Shows a yellow underbelly when you have a swipe and the recipient cannot reply.

Says a lot about the pair of you.


I'm not banned you Muppet.


Showing your lack of English Bry or pretending to be daft.

I was talking to UD and referring to yourself as in being brave.

Glad that I could clear up this up and explain it to you like a child you muppet.


So how exactly are they being brave then Munchy?


None of your business.

I might tell you next season if I spot you down the ground and you still work there.

An open forum if you would like whilst you are at work.


Nah, usually too busy when working, can't allow distractions. If you're this rude by snapping "none of your business" at me in response to a perfectly reasonable question, why would I speak to you at the ground? That's rather two faced.


Fair enough that you like to mouth off on here and I kindly offer to discuss it with you in a cordial manner as I know that you are a lady steward at the games in the East Stand so I didn't mean it in a threatening manner obviously, I would just rather answer your questions directly to yourself - last time you were skiving off and just chatting to random people so I am sure that you can find the time for to answer questions that you 'demand' answering on here if it means that much to you.

I am not as bothered about it as you seem to be - your call.


I would like to know since its me your talking about??


Since when were you a woman Bry?

This has gotten beyond pathetic now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:28 #1052 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic The EWM Thread

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Urban Designer wrote:

CCU wrote: Day now worth £1.2bn, eighth richest in the NW according to this years Sunday Times Rich List:

www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17631512.reta...day-times-rich-list/


Don't tell Northernsoul - he'll think it's all under his bed!


Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.

Shows a yellow underbelly when you have a swipe and the recipient cannot reply.

Says a lot about the pair of you.


I'm not banned you Muppet.


Showing your lack of English Bry or pretending to be daft.

I was talking to UD and referring to yourself as in being brave.

Glad that I could clear up this up and explain it to you like a child you muppet.


So how exactly are they being brave then Munchy?


None of your business.

I might tell you next season if I spot you down the ground and you still work there.

An open forum if you would like whilst you are at work.


Nah, usually too busy when working, can't allow distractions. If you're this rude by snapping "none of your business" at me in response to a perfectly reasonable question, why would I speak to you at the ground? That's rather two faced.


Fair enough that you like to mouth off on here and I kindly offer to discuss it with you in a cordial manner as I know that you are a lady steward at the games in the East Stand so I didn't mean it in a threatening manner obviously, I would just rather answer your questions directly to yourself - last time you were skiving off and just chatting to random people so I am sure that you can find the time for to answer questions that you 'demand' answering on here if it means that much to you.

I am not as bothered about it as you seem to be - your call.


I don't mouth off at anybody on here, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. I think you are maybe lying when you say you would rather answer my questions directly to me. You can do so easily here, without even getting up from your seat, and when I have free time to read it and reply. Which questions would you like to answer again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:29 #1053 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic The EWM Thread

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Urban Designer wrote:

CCU wrote: Day now worth £1.2bn, eighth richest in the NW according to this years Sunday Times Rich List:

www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17631512.reta...day-times-rich-list/


Don't tell Northernsoul - he'll think it's all under his bed!


Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.

Shows a yellow underbelly when you have a swipe and the recipient cannot reply.

Says a lot about the pair of you.


I'm not banned you Muppet.


Showing your lack of English Bry or pretending to be daft.

I was talking to UD and referring to yourself as in being brave.

Glad that I could clear up this up and explain it to you like a child you muppet.


So how exactly are they being brave then Munchy?


None of your business.

I might tell you next season if I spot you down the ground and you still work there.

An open forum if you would like whilst you are at work.


Nah, usually too busy when working, can't allow distractions. If you're this rude by snapping "none of your business" at me in response to a perfectly reasonable question, why would I speak to you at the ground? That's rather two faced.


Fair enough that you like to mouth off on here and I kindly offer to discuss it with you in a cordial manner as I know that you are a lady steward at the games in the East Stand so I didn't mean it in a threatening manner obviously, I would just rather answer your questions directly to yourself - last time you were skiving off and just chatting to random people so I am sure that you can find the time for to answer questions that you 'demand' answering on here if it means that much to you.

I am not as bothered about it as you seem to be - your call.


I would like to know since its me your talking about??


Since when were you a woman Bry?

This has gotten beyond pathetic now.


You typed: 'Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.'

Not trying to be funny I'm just wondering what the bloody hell you mean??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:30 #1054 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The EWM Thread

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Urban Designer wrote:

CCU wrote: Day now worth £1.2bn, eighth richest in the NW according to this years Sunday Times Rich List:

www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17631512.reta...day-times-rich-list/


Don't tell Northernsoul - he'll think it's all under his bed!


Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.

Shows a yellow underbelly when you have a swipe and the recipient cannot reply.

Says a lot about the pair of you.


I'm not banned you Muppet.


Showing your lack of English Bry or pretending to be daft.

I was talking to UD and referring to yourself as in being brave.

Glad that I could clear up this up and explain it to you like a child you muppet.


So how exactly are they being brave then Munchy?


None of your business.

I might tell you next season if I spot you down the ground and you still work there.

An open forum if you would like whilst you are at work.


Nah, usually too busy when working, can't allow distractions. If you're this rude by snapping "none of your business" at me in response to a perfectly reasonable question, why would I speak to you at the ground? That's rather two faced.


Fair enough that you like to mouth off on here and I kindly offer to discuss it with you in a cordial manner as I know that you are a lady steward at the games in the East Stand so I didn't mean it in a threatening manner obviously, I would just rather answer your questions directly to yourself - last time you were skiving off and just chatting to random people so I am sure that you can find the time for to answer questions that you 'demand' answering on here if it means that much to you.

I am not as bothered about it as you seem to be - your call.


I don't mouth off at anybody on here, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. I think you are maybe lying when you say you would rather answer my questions directly to me. You can do so easily here, without even getting up from your seat, and when I have free time to read it and reply. Which questions would you like to answer again?


Fed up with your games - you are a waste of time.

As said - I will ask you directly.

It will be your call if you wish to cause a scene.

goodbye Kessler, last words will be mine - on here and in person.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:35 #1055 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic The EWM Thread

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Urban Designer wrote:

CCU wrote: Day now worth £1.2bn, eighth richest in the NW according to this years Sunday Times Rich List:

www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17631512.reta...day-times-rich-list/


Don't tell Northernsoul - he'll think it's all under his bed!


Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.

Shows a yellow underbelly when you have a swipe and the recipient cannot reply.

Says a lot about the pair of you.


I'm not banned you Muppet.


Showing your lack of English Bry or pretending to be daft.

I was talking to UD and referring to yourself as in being brave.

Glad that I could clear up this up and explain it to you like a child you muppet.


So how exactly are they being brave then Munchy?


None of your business.

I might tell you next season if I spot you down the ground and you still work there.

An open forum if you would like whilst you are at work.


Nah, usually too busy when working, can't allow distractions. If you're this rude by snapping "none of your business" at me in response to a perfectly reasonable question, why would I speak to you at the ground? That's rather two faced.


Fair enough that you like to mouth off on here and I kindly offer to discuss it with you in a cordial manner as I know that you are a lady steward at the games in the East Stand so I didn't mean it in a threatening manner obviously, I would just rather answer your questions directly to yourself - last time you were skiving off and just chatting to random people so I am sure that you can find the time for to answer questions that you 'demand' answering on here if it means that much to you.

I am not as bothered about it as you seem to be - your call.


I would like to know since its me your talking about??


Since when were you a woman Bry?

This has gotten beyond pathetic now.


You typed: 'Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.'

Not trying to be funny I'm just wondering what the bloody hell you mean??


From what I can tell, it seems that munchy believes if you post about a user who is banned and can't reply, you aren't "brave" as apparently you should have said it when they were able to reply. And he doesn't like the fact that I've been perfectly polite with him and asked him questions in a civil manner, because he referred to politely asking questions as "mouthing off" and would prefer to discuss them at the ground rather than on here. There's something about him that doesn't quite add up, because first he insists the questions I asked were none of my business. Then he's happy to answer them, but not on the forum. It's rather odd.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bluebry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:39 #1056 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic The EWM Thread

Kessler wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Urban Designer wrote:

CCU wrote: Day now worth £1.2bn, eighth richest in the NW according to this years Sunday Times Rich List:

www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17631512.reta...day-times-rich-list/


Don't tell Northernsoul - he'll think it's all under his bed!


Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.

Shows a yellow underbelly when you have a swipe and the recipient cannot reply.

Says a lot about the pair of you.


I'm not banned you Muppet.


Showing your lack of English Bry or pretending to be daft.

I was talking to UD and referring to yourself as in being brave.

Glad that I could clear up this up and explain it to you like a child you muppet.


So how exactly are they being brave then Munchy?


None of your business.

I might tell you next season if I spot you down the ground and you still work there.

An open forum if you would like whilst you are at work.


Nah, usually too busy when working, can't allow distractions. If you're this rude by snapping "none of your business" at me in response to a perfectly reasonable question, why would I speak to you at the ground? That's rather two faced.


Fair enough that you like to mouth off on here and I kindly offer to discuss it with you in a cordial manner as I know that you are a lady steward at the games in the East Stand so I didn't mean it in a threatening manner obviously, I would just rather answer your questions directly to yourself - last time you were skiving off and just chatting to random people so I am sure that you can find the time for to answer questions that you 'demand' answering on here if it means that much to you.

I am not as bothered about it as you seem to be - your call.


I would like to know since its me your talking about??


Since when were you a woman Bry?

This has gotten beyond pathetic now.


You typed: 'Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.'

Not trying to be funny I'm just wondering what the bloody hell you mean??


From what I can tell, it seems that munchy believes if you post about a user who is banned and can't reply, you aren't "brave" as apparently you should have said it when they were able to reply. And he doesn't like the fact that I've been perfectly polite with him and asked him questions in a civil manner, because he referred to politely asking questions as "mouthing off" and would prefer to discuss them at the ground rather than on here. There's something about him that doesn't quite add up, because first he insists the questions I asked were none of my business. Then he's happy to answer them, but not on the forum. It's rather odd.


Aye, that's Munchy for ya!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:40 - 10 May 2019 21:43 #1057 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic The EWM Thread

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

bluebry wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Urban Designer wrote:

CCU wrote: Day now worth £1.2bn, eighth richest in the NW according to this years Sunday Times Rich List:

www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17631512.reta...day-times-rich-list/


Don't tell Northernsoul - he'll think it's all under his bed!


Brave when you know that he is banned - just like Bluebry.

Shows a yellow underbelly when you have a swipe and the recipient cannot reply.

Says a lot about the pair of you.


I'm not banned you Muppet.


Showing your lack of English Bry or pretending to be daft.

I was talking to UD and referring to yourself as in being brave.

Glad that I could clear up this up and explain it to you like a child you muppet.


So how exactly are they being brave then Munchy?


None of your business.

I might tell you next season if I spot you down the ground and you still work there.

An open forum if you would like whilst you are at work.


Nah, usually too busy when working, can't allow distractions. If you're this rude by snapping "none of your business" at me in response to a perfectly reasonable question, why would I speak to you at the ground? That's rather two faced.


Fair enough that you like to mouth off on here and I kindly offer to discuss it with you in a cordial manner as I know that you are a lady steward at the games in the East Stand so I didn't mean it in a threatening manner obviously, I would just rather answer your questions directly to yourself - last time you were skiving off and just chatting to random people so I am sure that you can find the time for to answer questions that you 'demand' answering on here if it means that much to you.

I am not as bothered about it as you seem to be - your call.


I don't mouth off at anybody on here, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. I think you are maybe lying when you say you would rather answer my questions directly to me. You can do so easily here, without even getting up from your seat, and when I have free time to read it and reply. Which questions would you like to answer again?


Fed up with your games - you are a waste of time.

As said - I will ask you directly.

It will be your call if you wish to cause a scene.

goodbye Kessler, last words will be mine - on here and in person.


Make sure you don't cause too much of a scene, and move away if asked then. I would hate to see you unnecessarily ejected.
Last edit: 10 May 2019 21:43 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:40 #1058 by pie
Replied by pie on topic The EWM Thread
Anybody know what time Bargain Booze closes? Might need another few cans and some popcorn here.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, SeepBladder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:43 #1059 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic The EWM Thread

pie wrote: Anybody know what time Bargain Booze closes? Might need another few cans and some popcorn here.


I've got a few cans lined up here Pie maybe you could come over and try and explain what the bloody hell Munchy is on about, because hes got me completely baffled??? Not hard to do admittedly, he he.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:44 #1060 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The EWM Thread

pie wrote: Anybody know what time Bargain Booze closes? Might need another few cans and some popcorn here.


In a perverse sort of way pal I am enjoying it too.

I can go like a Duracell bunny pal if you can grab me a few cans of Strongbow whilst you are out and about :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:49 - 10 May 2019 21:52 #1061 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic The EWM Thread
Apparently munchy doesn't like people being polite to him, referring to it as "mouthing off". The questions I asked him were none of my business, but he's happy to answer them, but not on the forum apparently. Very peculiar.

And he doesn't like people commenting on Barry while he is banned, as Barry can't reply to/dispute those comments during his ban. THAT one I can sort of sympathize with, but Barry can be really confrontational a lot of the time so it's hard to have a proper debate with him when he is posting. I can see both sides of that one.
Last edit: 10 May 2019 21:52 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:53 #1062 by pie
Replied by pie on topic The EWM Thread
Right Munch, get your shoes on I’ll pick you up in 15 mins.

Kessler I’ll pick you up outside Debenhams on the way.

We’re off round to Brys, he’s got the strong bow in and well sort this all out in no time.

DB sends his apologies, his pubes are on fire so we’ll need a 4th player for monopoly.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:54 #1063 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic The EWM Thread

pie wrote: Right Munch, get your shoes on I’ll pick you up in 15 mins.

Kessler I’ll pick you up outside Debenhams on the way.

We’re off round to Brys, he’s got the strong bow in and well sort this all out in no time.

DB sends his apologies, his pubes are on fire so we’ll need a 4th player for monopoly.


But I don't drink....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:56 - 10 May 2019 21:59 #1064 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic The EWM Thread

pie wrote: Right Munch, get your shoes on I’ll pick you up in 15 mins.

Kessler I’ll pick you up outside Debenhams on the way.

We’re off round to Brys, he’s got the strong bow in and well sort this all out in no time.

DB sends his apologies, his pubes are on fire so we’ll need a 4th player for monopoly.


Lets make it really interesting, anybody know 'Northern Souls' number?? We can invite him as well LOL, Beers waiting (no strongbow mind you, can't stand the stuff).
Oh and I'm a dab hand at Monopoly!!!

I'll get the wife to make you a cup of tea Kessler.
Last edit: 10 May 2019 21:59 by bluebry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 21:59 #1065 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The EWM Thread
You were right Pie - it is a woman on the warpath and perhaps on her cycle.

I am in for a rough evening so please grab me some Kettle Chips as well as I am shitting myself because I have been threatened by Carlisle United as they have promised to do a MRF on me.

I probably wont [censored] sleep tonight now with the thought of being man-handled by thugs out of the ground hanging over me :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 22:02 #1066 by pie
Replied by pie on topic The EWM Thread
You’ll need a crate of Smirnoff ice to even get Barry’s attention.

You might get away with some Blue WKD but that’ll be a stretch.

Anyway, he’s not coming cos last time we played monopoly at the East Lancs Board game invitational the [censored] wanted to be the iron and he knows I always take that piece.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 22:03 #1067 by pie
Replied by pie on topic The EWM Thread

bluebry wrote:

pie wrote: Right Munch, get your shoes on I’ll pick you up in 15 mins.

Kessler I’ll pick you up outside Debenhams on the way.

We’re off round to Brys, he’s got the strong bow in and well sort this all out in no time.

DB sends his apologies, his pubes are on fire so we’ll need a 4th player for monopoly.


Lets make it really interesting, anybody know 'Northern Souls' number?? We can invite him as well LOL, Beers waiting (no strongbow mind you, can't stand the stuff).
Oh and I'm a dab hand at Monopoly!!!

I'll get the wife to make you a cup of tea Kessler.


An hour into a game of monopoly and I’ll have a tighter grip on all the properties than EWM have over BP
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bluebry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 22:17 - 10 May 2019 22:43 #1068 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic The EWM Thread

munchymagic wrote: You were right Pie - it is a woman on the warpath and perhaps on her cycle.

I am in for a rough evening so please grab me some Kettle Chips as well as I am shitting myself because I have been threatened by Carlisle United as they have promised to do a MRF on me.

I probably wont [censored] sleep tonight now with the thought of being man-handled by thugs out of the ground hanging over me :ohmy:


Tbh that's a bit insulting to MRF to compare his wrongful ejection for criticizing the board, to a hypothetical ejection where you get kicked out for obstructing stewards and preventing them doing their job. Having looked at the MRF incident, it was a complete farce from start to finish, he shouldn't even have been ejected, but even once that decision was made, the way they handled him out the ground was excessive and reflected badly on the club.

You said you are happy to answer my questions at the ground, so why not here? I don't understand what the difference is, I am the same person in both places. If you don't want your reply to be public I can send you my email address. Look at this from my point of view, I am employed by the club but I've been very critical of the board of directors and how they run things. I rely on that job, the income tops up my regular wage. Because of that I'm not keen to publicly ID myself as I'd worry about being sacked as reprisal. I am also concerned you would wrongly ID me and end up hassling a completely random steward who has no idea what you are on about. Do you think that would be fair on them? You seem to interpret my perfectly polite posts to you as "mouthing off" so I don't think there would be any room for debate. You seem like one of those people who take it as a personal insult if someone doesn't agree with you.
Last edit: 10 May 2019 22:43 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 22:35 #1069 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic The EWM Thread
I thought this thread was about EWM.. must have been mistaken
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 22:38 #1070 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The EWM Thread
Fancy a game of Monopoly Arragorn?

I am sure PD would approve of this on his thread.

Be careful with Pie though - he sneaks extra money from under his sleeve.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: pie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2019 23:00 #1071 by pie
Replied by pie on topic The EWM Thread
I’m always the banker. Check your change.

Love,

Mr Pennybags
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 07:48 - 06 Jun 2019 07:52 #1072 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The EWM Thread

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 07:52 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 07:59 #1073 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic The EWM Thread
Translated. They are propping the failed regime up and will continue to do so. We won't say why, it's nothing to do with you plebs, so go away.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie, thetashkentterror, heilkmoon, deepfathom, whytakemypostcode

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 10:36 #1074 by Yorkie Blue
Replied by Yorkie Blue on topic The EWM Thread
I appreciate anyone supporting the club financially, but it would also be appreciated if EWM would clarify, if only partially, their relationship with the club. They appear to be putting some serious finance up as a loan against the assets, what assets, I wouldn`t think the ground is worth much, most of the team are, or will be, loan signings, no mega bucks there. Only conclusions I can come up with is EWM are very generous, they`ve a hidden agenda, or some sort of tax avoidance, there are some savvy business types on this forum that will have a better insight I`m sure.


Fish and chips and mushy peas are all my brain and body needs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 10:39 #1075 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The EWM Thread

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 10:53 - 06 Jun 2019 10:56 #1076 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic The EWM Thread
Clibbens basically confirms what we knew already that despite best efforts the spending last season was still too high. 2019-20 will see the big reduction in the playing expenditure so that the Club almost breaks even. June is a big month for NC. He has to chivvy the EFL to send the handout cheques before the year end on 30th June. The deal with EWM is that for each £1 they lend AJ and JN will together convert £1 of debt into B shares. As JN doesn't have any debt currently to convert he might be looking at having to put in around £150k this time.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 10:56 by carwash.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2019 18:00 #1077 by Wukkie
Replied by Wukkie on topic The EWM Thread
That means we can expect him leaving anytime soon with a bit of luck. :-)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • whytakemypostcode
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
09 Jul 2019 07:50 #1078 by whytakemypostcode
Replied by whytakemypostcode on topic The EWM Thread
FFS, so we have the farcical situation which could probably only happen at Carlisle United, where we are controlled/owned in everything but name by a Dubai based billionaire, but operated on the budget of a non league team.

There must be someone, just someone in PD's extensive list of business and personal contacts willing to take us on! Come on Phil man, help us out here. Drop leaflets through letter boxes on the Dubai Palm, flyer the Sheikhs, work the bars of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, email every wealthy person you know. Come on Phil, you are a sales guy, get out there man and tell the world - CARLISLE UNITED IS FOR SALE.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: pigeonpete, Waltero, melbourneblues, Arragorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2019 12:19 #1079 by Dazwacky
Replied by Dazwacky on topic The EWM Thread
I heard on the grapevine that there was a document signed that if the club got relegated full ownership went to PD, so if that is true it wouldn't be in the best interests of PD to put money in as all you are doing is keeping the present 3 amigo's at the helm, might explain the budget costs as they are probably desperate to keep "I own a football club status" they obviously think there shares have value and expect a handout!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2019 12:51 - 09 Jul 2019 13:12 #1080 by Sammy Taylor
Replied by Sammy Taylor on topic The EWM Thread
If EWM are not interested in taking over CUFC they need to say so now..Like him or loath him Andrew Jenkins will not carry on much longer.
The next owner should not be from outside the area or have no connection to the club..Who in their right minds would throw millions at a league 2 team with a fan base of four to six thousand fans.
The Trust for all their goodwill and commitment to the club will never be the answer through their lack of funds.
Knighton although welcomed at the time took millions out of the club then got pissed off and would have taken us out of existence just to spite the club and fans--John Courtney saved us from Knighton but it was total chaos at BP at the time and was not the answer.
So the next owner in my opinion has to have---Some connection to the club ---be interested in football---and be LOADED.
Is there anyone out there??
Last edit: 09 Jul 2019 13:12 by Sammy Taylor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2019 13:34 #1081 by ParcelPete
Replied by ParcelPete on topic The EWM Thread
You have just described melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2019 13:37 #1082 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The EWM Thread

ParcelPete wrote: You have just described melbourneblues


Haha, was just about to post the same!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 11:27 #1083 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic The EWM Thread
Bit of a hatchet job on EWM in the Sunday Times today-suggests all not rosy.All based on guesswork as light on facts but he apparently has his suppliers on an eye watering 130 day payment term which is brutal.

Tesco tried this with our hotel business-we told them to stay elsewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 11:41 - 18 Aug 2019 11:44 #1084 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic The EWM Thread
Used to do work for EWM many years ago and they've always been incredibly slow payers. Not worth doing work in the end.

You can take it or leave it. That's your two options as a supplier.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2019 11:44 by nobbyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 11:42 #1085 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic The EWM Thread
EWM must be the most secretive retailer on the high street. Often secrecy is there for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if rival retailers are leaking some titbits to the press about the way EWM does business.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 11:49 #1086 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic The EWM Thread
Must admit I’m going off the Sunday Times-it’s morphing into the executive News and Screws.

The chief sports writer David Walsh has reinvented himself as a whistleblower on the back of his harassment of Lance Armstrong-today’s victim is Ben Te’o, who has been dropped from the England squad so let’s examine his career and personal life-very poor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 11:57 #1087 by pacirv
Replied by pacirv on topic The EWM Thread
First interview I've read about him sign of easing up on his none committal. One can only hope although his reafirmation about not being a football fan doesn't help. He at least I suppose he's confirmed he is only a sponsor, a little odd as sponsors don't usually put their own people into clubs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 12:04 #1088 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The EWM Thread
That’s because he’s effectively the bank too...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 12:07 #1089 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic The EWM Thread
Yes-banks normally put their own men into struggling businesses and thank God he did.

He will need to own a football club like a hole in the head though-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
18 Aug 2019 12:31 #1090 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The EWM Thread
Bit more to this story, it appears EWM are selling invoices to a third party finance company (to get around the late payment laws) who then pay the supplier in 10 days, however they charge 2.25% for the privilege.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 12:53 #1091 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic The EWM Thread
Invoice discounting is common practice in some types of business where the 'supplier' needs fast payment such as recruitment agencies. It isn't so usual in clothing retailing but then EWM's stock will be slower moving than most . Cue jokes about our defence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
18 Aug 2019 13:11 #1092 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The EWM Thread
They are not discounting, the finance company are passing on the 2.25% charge to the supplier to gain the 10 day payment, so he is getting 2.25% less than he invoiced. (like an early payment fee)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 13:36 #1093 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic The EWM Thread
Correct-Nissan employ the same tactic.Just another revenue stream

130 days is poor bordering on exploitation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 15:05 #1094 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic The EWM Thread
Ah silentone that makes more sense. Kier tried to do that in the construction industry but got dogs abuse from their subcontractors. Cash is going to get very tight for subbies anyway when the vat reverse charge comes into force in a few weeks time. The sooner Boris starts printing money and saying bye to austerity the better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 18:13 #1095 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic The EWM Thread

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

carwash wrote: Philip Day has just bought Bonmarche, the financially knackered womenswear chain which was on its last legs. If only CUFC sold size 16 frocks he might seriously think about buying the club.


325 shops for less than 6 million

Got to look a more attractive deal than a starved of investment football club.

Tell you what tho this guy has a hell of a lot more faith in the high street than just about anybody but his mate Ashley


Bonmarche went into administration yesterday. No doubt EWM will cherry pick the best sites and fold them into Peacocks. Sorry for all the staff who will be losing their jobs. Selling ladies' fashions 20 years out of date in this retail climate proved too much even for Mr Day to pull off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
19 Oct 2019 18:22 #1096 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic The EWM Thread
They should open up a load of shops from Wigton on and right across West Cumbria if they want to sell clothes that are 20 years out of fashion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 20:50 #1097 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic The EWM Thread
Oh nasty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2019 15:56 #1098 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic The EWM Thread
Says Day's investment of £2.7m in Bonmarche has been wiped out.

www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshi...-could-lose-17126506

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2019 17:08 #1099 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic The EWM Thread
Most deals like this are about selling on the stock having bought it for a fraction of the retail value-and possibly some more valuable leases in prime spots.I doubt he lost money.

The House of Fraser deal was all about the stock in my view-and getting a position on some decent lease pitches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.