The Brexit Thread

More
12 Sep 2019 20:20 - 12 Sep 2019 20:25 #4801 by feckwittery
Replied by feckwittery on topic The Brexit Thread

Alan wrote: This article is so Beautiful.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/9911309/liam-halli...tter_impression=true

Great, glad you think so but it's a fluff opinion piece by an ardent brexiteer. The devil's in the detail.
The will Sun flip to whichever side they think will keep their circulation up. (Try reading the Scottish edition alongside your own.)

PS I've been a tory voter all my life. I agree Corbyn would be a disaster in the long run, but that can be reversed. As can the attempt by a minority to foist a no deal exit upon the country by means outwith our democractic process.

By all means have your no deal exit, just pass it through the democractic process which has served the country for centuries.
Last edit: 12 Sep 2019 20:25 by feckwittery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 20:26 #4802 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread

feckwittery wrote:

Alan wrote: This article is so Beautiful.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/9911309/liam-halli...tter_impression=true

Great, glad you think so but it's a fluff opinion piece by an ardent brexiteer. The devil's in the detail.
The will Sun flip to whichever side they think will keep their circulation up.

PS I've been a tory voter all my life. I agree Corbyn would be a disaster in the long run, but that can be reversed. As can the decison by a minority to foist a no deal exit upon the country by means outwith our democractic process.

By all means have your no deal exit, just pass it through the democractic process which has served the country for centuries.



Enjoying this but have to go.

If that article is fluff Yellowhammer should be treat with the same contempt seeing as Hammond has had his grubby two penneth worth of input.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
12 Sep 2019 20:26 #4803 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic The Brexit Thread

feckwittery wrote:

Alan wrote: This article is so Beautiful.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/9911309/liam-halli...tter_impression=true

Great, glad you think so but it's a fluff opinion piece by an ardent brexiteer. The devil's in the detail.
The will Sun flip to whichever side they think will keep their circulation up. (Try reading the Scottish edition alongside your own.)

PS I've been a tory voter all my life. I agree Corbyn would be a disaster in the long run, but that can be reversed. As can the decison by a minority to foist a no deal exit upon the country by means outwith our democractic process.

By all means have your no deal exit, just pass it through the democractic process which has served the country for centuries.


Labour MP on telly tonight saying anywhere between 20 and 50 labour MPs could vote for a revised deal if offered, so clearly Boris's threat of a no deal is having some traction somewhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 21:21 #4804 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic The Brexit Thread

feckwittery wrote:

munchymagic wrote: Boris isn't shafting anyone.

If anything he is carrying out the will of the voters who gained the majority at the referendum.

But as said, the referendum is advisory. It's not first past the post, no matter how much you want it to be. Less than half the electorate voted leave, none of the electorate have voted on the method of exit.
We can argue all day long if you wish but it matters not a jot. Parliament has followed the process, they've respected the referrendum advice and are still yet to make a final decision.

Incidentally, Boris (the remoaner for decades) will shaft whoever he can now he's (hopefully for him) realised he's been played like a fiddle by his masters and setup as the stooge.


It ceased to be advisory tho once Article 50 was put to Parliament and voted through as law.
Some MPs say "Revoke Article 50" should be a choice on any new Referendum...just the same as Remain

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 21:27 #4805 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic The Brexit Thread
Surprise, surprise, on question time tonight we have five remainders and one brexiteer. Good old balanced beeb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 21:31 #4806 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic The Brexit Thread
Surely not after last weeks debacle

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 23:43 #4807 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic The Brexit Thread
Not half as manic as last week as it happens .

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 23:51 #4808 by feckwittery
Replied by feckwittery on topic The Brexit Thread

BlueAl wrote: Surprise, surprise, on question time tonight we have five remainders and one brexiteer. Good old balanced beeb.

Not many brexiteers worth any salt about these days, and we all know they don't like scrutiny or the spectre of reality. They'll have been invited, it's not the BBC's fault they declined or no-showed.

Besides, the good old 'biased BBC' gets plenty of moans of bias from all sides. Seems they're doing something right, even if you don't like it.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CookieThumper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 03:14 #4809 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic The Brexit Thread

feckwittery wrote:

munchymagic wrote: Boris isn't shafting anyone.

If anything he is carrying out the will of the voters who gained the majority at the referendum.

But as said, the referendum is advisory. It's not first past the post, no matter how much you want it to be. Less than half the electorate voted leave, none of the electorate have voted on the method of exit.
We can argue all day long if you wish but it matters not a jot. Parliament has followed the process, they've respected the referrendum advice and are still yet to make a final decision.

Incidentally, Boris (the remoaner for decades) will shaft whoever he can now he's (hopefully for him) realised he's been played like a fiddle by his masters and setup as the stooge.


‘Less than half of the electorate voted to leave’. If that were the rules, then fine, but you know it wasn’t. The majority of the people that voted, voted to leave. It’s another tired cliche by remainers. It still stands then, that more people voted to leave than remain, whys is that hard to accept? You can play about with figures and percentages all you want.
Also, politicians repeatedly said that a vote to leave would mean leaving Customs Union, Single market, so how you think no deal has no mandate, is a mystery. It’s certainly what l voted for.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, ROOSTER, Bluedazblue, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 07:22 #4810 by BlueBanana
Replied by BlueBanana on topic The Brexit Thread
All these moaning remainers should have got off their lazy arses and got down to the polling stations! Obviously weren't bothered about what might happen. If you don't vote you have no right to moan. Get over it
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan, ROOSTER, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 07:55 #4811 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic The Brexit Thread

feckwittery wrote:

BlueAl wrote: Surprise, surprise, on question time tonight we have five remainders and one brexiteer. Good old balanced beeb.

Not many brexiteers worth any salt about these days, and we all know they don't like scrutiny or the spectre of reality. They'll have been invited, it's not the BBC's fault they declined or no-showed.

Besides, the good old 'biased BBC' gets plenty of moans of bias from all sides. Seems they're doing something right, even if you don't like it.

Are you really trying to suggest brexiteers are invited, but are scared to appear on the show?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bluedazblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 09:06 - 13 Sep 2019 09:50 #4812 by feckwittery
Replied by feckwittery on topic The Brexit Thread

High Street wrote: Less than half of the electorate voted to leave’. If that were the rules, then fine, but you know it wasn’t. The majority of the people that voted, voted to leave.

Ah, the rules of a referendum. Please show where they state simple majority 'wins' (forces the decision). They don't, that's the point of them. In the UK they are advisory in their fundamental nature. The result is a piece of advice, that advice is more complex than just a simple majority of a part of the electorate. The whole referendum view is the advice, not just the portion of it that voted one way (ie they are not first past the post as per a GE)
That advice has been considered, respected and taken taken into account alongside the national interest by Parliament (as they are elected to do so), regardless of your views or your level of understanding of the process.
Want a no deal brexit? Pass it through the democratic process. Ditto Deal or Remain. So far no have, the final decision is pending.

High Street wrote: Also, politicians repeatedly said that a vote to leave would mean leaving Customs Union, Single market, so how you think no deal has no mandate, is a mystery. It’s certainly what l voted for.

Politicians said a lot of things. Leave campaigned on all sorts of exit scenarios, leaving the Customs Union/Single market but still keeping the benefits was just one lie amongst many.
I'm pleased you know what you voted for but your version leave differs from others, as their does from yours. A simple scroll back through this forum shows some simply voting Leave because Big Dave the evil tory wanted to remain, so they know what they voted for too "to stick it to the tories". No one voted on the future status after leaving. The question was "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?”.
The process of leaving is still in progress, why are leavers so dam angry about having been ignored, when they quite clearly have not?



BlueAl wrote: Are you really trying to suggest brexiteers are invited, but are scared to appear on the show?

Brexiteers are definitely invited, the BBC are mandated to do so. Feel free to submit a FOI request to find out the invitees for a particular show. You'll have to ask them why they won't/don't appear but if it quacks like a duck....
Last edit: 13 Sep 2019 09:50 by feckwittery. Reason: quote attribute correction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 09:22 #4813 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic The Brexit Thread
The problem with taking anything that David Cameron said with any sort of interest is that he made a huge mistake in underestimating Eurosceptics. He thought the referendum was going to be a walk in the park so could have said absolutely anything, and he did so.

Brexiteers made a total fool out of him, so he resigned. He totally got us into this mess, and it's amazing that 3 years on it is impossible to say with any real confidence where we're actually going to end up, and when.

It's worth saying by the way that I think this thread is brilliant. It's very easy to follow the same social media accounts, read the same newspapers and websites, watch the same TV programmes and talk to your social circles about Brexit but you do so because they all agree with your point of view. Sure there is some sledging that goes on here, and the Brexiteers on here drive me up the wall, but this is most likely the only real place where you're hearing a different point of view. Long may it continue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 09:32 #4814 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic The Brexit Thread
Vegan Forest Green owner Dale Vince is to fund a legal challenge to force Boris Johnson to ask the EU for an extension

www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/1790...n-funded-dale-vince/


Just shows what a forward thinking football club looks like


:-p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 09:50 #4815 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic The Brexit Thread

orfc wrote: Vegan Forest Green owner Dale Vince is to fund a legal challenge to force Boris Johnson to ask the EU for an extension

www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/1790...n-funded-dale-vince/


Just shows what a forward thinking football club looks like


:-p


Yes Forest Green Rovers, owned by Ecotricity Group Ltd and financed by completely unregulated minibonds that were bought by unsuspecting members of the public. Let's hope for the football club's sake they don't all decide to serve notice that they'd like their money back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
13 Sep 2019 11:26 #4816 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
Meanwhile Boris gets down to Business...


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 12:58 #4817 by AlbertRoss
Replied by AlbertRoss on topic The Brexit Thread
Well that is his job so about time!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 14:25 - 13 Sep 2019 14:31 #4818 by feckwittery
Replied by feckwittery on topic The Brexit Thread
He can talk all he wants. Until he proposes anything other than a vague unworkable notion, the EU or the UK need not listen.
I talked to the city council about installing a zoo full of unicorns in Bitts Park, that didn't get very far either.


Boris: I want the benefits but not the bill or the some of the four basic pillars.
Junchker: To get the bennefits you must agree to the four pillars just like everyone else in the union.
Boris: I'll jist leave then.
Junchker: Your choice, good luck getting it past your own people. Until then we'll just keep extending as asked to protect the rights of 65million european citizens in the UK.
End talks
Last edit: 13 Sep 2019 14:31 by feckwittery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 15:02 #4819 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic The Brexit Thread
Have you got the minutes from that meeting with the council?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 15:30 #4820 by feckwittery
Replied by feckwittery on topic The Brexit Thread
Strangely enough no, because they were 'talks'.

Needless to say, upon failing to be unable to produced any evidence of being able to procure unicorns, being unable to convince them if we flatten Bitts Park and build the unicorn zoo, they will magically appear and, the council being unwilling to provide their unicorns too; they decided to keep Bitts Park as is for the benefit of the city and it's population. They'll even let geordies and Londoners use it too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 16:54 #4821 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread

feckwittery wrote: Strangely enough no, because they were 'talks'.

Needless to say, upon failing to be unable to produced any evidence of being able to procure unicorns, being unable to convince them if we flatten Bitts Park and build the unicorn zoo, they will magically appear and, the council being unwilling to provide their unicorns too; they decided to keep Bitts Park as is for the benefit of the city and it's population. They'll even let geordies and Londoners use it too.



Can be first to say your starting to come over as a bit of an unfunny boring tit.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER, Bluedazblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 17:40 #4822 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic The Brexit Thread
As fantastic as one of your housing benefit claims Alge. More chance of unicorns in Carlisle than you getting a job or [censored] off back to England.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 18:15 #4823 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread

Markovitch wrote: As fantastic as one of your housing benefit claims Alge. More chance of unicorns in Carlisle than you getting a job or [censored] off back to England.


That's the boring tits are like buses theory confirmed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 18:43 #4824 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic The Brexit Thread
Buses, something else you can sponge for free from hard-working Scottish people.

So when Farage starts on about immigrants sponging the benefits systems doesn't this ring any bells? Squawking on about how much you hate Scotland and Scottish people when leeching off them. Still smoking? Boris wants to deny smokers access to the NHS because illnesses are self-inflicted.
If you hate it in Scotland so much go back. No [censored] loss to us

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 18:59 #4825 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic The Brexit Thread
David Cameron, who said we were definitely leaving and all that, wants a second referendum and think's BlowJob's a prick

www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/13...allingly-over-brexit


There can't be many mainstream politicians left that are backing brexit now? There's only extremists and chancers left.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 19:37 #4826 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread

Markovitch wrote: Buses, something else you can sponge for free from hard-working Scottish people.

So when Farage starts on about immigrants sponging the benefits systems doesn't this ring any bells? Squawking on about how much you hate Scotland and Scottish people when leeching off them. Still smoking? Boris wants to deny smokers access to the NHS because illnesses are self-inflicted.
If you hate it in Scotland so much go back. No [censored] loss to us



Here you go pal something else for you to add a fictitious spin to


More Scots want to leave the EU than independence who knew eh!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 19:58 #4827 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic The Brexit Thread
Why immigration should be skills based. And why the unskilled should not be allowed in.


assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...stem-print-ready.pdf

When the British people voted to leave the European Union in 2016, they sent a clear message: they wanted things to change.One of those calls was for Britain to take back control of its borders. As we leave the European Union, free movement will end. For the first time in decades, it will be the democratically elected representatives of the British people who choose who comes into our country.

Unskilled, unwashed, workshy not needed. Go home! Sponge off your country mates
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2019 19:59 #4828 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread
Posting a positive No Deal article on here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
13 Sep 2019 21:59 #4829 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
Hmm:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan, BlueAl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2019 16:41 #4830 by feckwittery
Replied by feckwittery on topic The Brexit Thread

Alan wrote: Can be first to say your starting to come over as a bit of an unfunny boring tit.

Sure, but I won't mention angry toddler's throwing tantrums because they're incapable of understanding why they can't have their way though. That'd be just as crass.

Gammon for dinner, bon appetite fellow European citizen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 16:27 #4831 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread
The objectionable turd conveyor belt north of the Border has dumped a pearler on us in Jo Swinson and I thought the SNP had exclusive rights to such blinkered horrible people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 16:38 #4832 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic The Brexit Thread
If you don't like it [censored] off home you social security scrounging leech.
Here is the bus timetable, not like you've got a job keeping you

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d...+glasgow+to+carlisle
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 16:41 #4833 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic The Brexit Thread
Less of the personal insults please Marko!

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet
The following user(s) Liked this post:: kickergold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 16:49 #4834 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread

BoardAdmin wrote: Less of the personal insults please Marko!

Admin.



I'm going to need a bigger keep net :-D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 20:09 #4835 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic The Brexit Thread
I’m afraid I agree with Alan.Swinson is yet another in the long list of jocks telling us all we are stupid and put our cross in the wrong box.

Here’s my list-I’ve met them all

-Goodwin-destroyed the economy
-Cummings-destroyed the economy
-Darling-destroyed the economy
-Blair-Iraq
-Brown-‘saved the world’after abolishing ‘boom and bust’
-Salmond-alleged sex fiend
-Wee nippy-communist from Ayrshire
-the odious little SNP toad in the House with the ill fitting suit-irrelevant

We also have a Scottish court overstepping the mark-as will be proven this week.

The last decent Scottish politician John Smith sadly died years ago

We could do with a break from all this amazing intelligence north of the border
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Alan, Bruntonpasty, BlueAl, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
15 Sep 2019 20:18 #4836 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic The Brexit Thread
Whether I agree with you Laffy matters not, that made me laugh a lot!! Well done charver......

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
15 Sep 2019 20:45 #4837 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic The Brexit Thread

Laffy wrote: I’m afraid I agree with Alan.Swinson is yet another in the long list of jocks telling us all we are stupid and put our cross in the wrong box.

Here’s my list-I’ve met them all

-Goodwin-destroyed the economy
-Cummings-destroyed the economy
-Darling-destroyed the economy
-Blair-Iraq
-Brown-‘saved the world’after abolishing ‘boom and bust’
-Salmond-alleged sex fiend
-Wee nippy-communist from Ayrshire
-the odious little SNP toad in the House with the ill fitting suit-irrelevant

We also have a Scottish court overstepping the mark-as will be proven this week.

The last decent Scottish politician John Smith sadly died years ago

We could do with a break from all this amazing intelligence north of the border



How many referendums do they need to have before they actually accept a result of one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 20:48 #4838 by Yorkie Blue
Replied by Yorkie Blue on topic The Brexit Thread

Dentonholmersimpson wrote:

Laffy wrote: I’m afraid I agree with Alan.Swinson is yet another in the long list of jocks telling us all we are stupid and put our cross in the wrong box.

Here’s my list-I’ve met them all

-Goodwin-destroyed the economy
-Cummings-destroyed the economy
-Darling-destroyed the economy
-Blair-Iraq
-Brown-‘saved the world’after abolishing ‘boom and bust’
-Salmond-alleged sex fiend
-Wee nippy-communist from Ayrshire
-the odious little SNP toad in the House with the ill fitting suit-irrelevant

We also have a Scottish court overstepping the mark-as will be proven this week.

The last decent Scottish politician John Smith sadly died years ago

We could do with a break from all this amazing intelligence north of the border



How many referendums do they need to have before they actually accept a result of one?


Until we give the "correct" result.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 20:55 #4839 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic The Brexit Thread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 20:59 #4840 by Laffy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 21:40 #4841 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic The Brexit Thread

BoardAdmin wrote: Less of the personal insults please Marko!

Admin.


Blimey

Dont notice you stepping in when Alan's dishing it out.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Vogel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 22:10 #4842 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic The Brexit Thread
We have an immigrant in our country
- makes no effort to integrate by doing anything like attending a football match
- who refuses to work
- who uses every possible Government service to the maximum including the public purse
- posts how he is proud of his philosophy of never helping anyone
- who makes cheap jokes on boards in his own country about the people who work to put food on his table and the Government which provides him with an income.

Imagine the furore on here if he was Syrian or Algerian? Why would anyone ever have an ounce of respect for a person like that? If you don't like it Alan go home

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 22:18 #4843 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread

seesaw50 wrote:

BoardAdmin wrote: Less of the personal insults please Marko!

Admin.


Blimey

Dont notice you stepping in when Alan's dishing it out.


How would you notice you couldn't even make out whether a fixture board that was twice the size of a double decker bus was old or new.

Do you want to post emails of when I've been reigned in for out of order posts?

Tbh I've no problem with marko's rant it was hilarious :-D

Stick to inane drivel seesaw you've cornered the forum with that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 22:44 #4844 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread
Anyone who gets cancer in Scotland good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2019 23:40 #4845 by Vogel
Replied by Vogel on topic The Brexit Thread
Many on all sides of the Brexit fiasco are angry but manage to post about it in a reasonable manner. You Alan seem to relish being gratuitously offensive as often as possible, I find that strange but I guess it makes you feel good. As for surviving cancer in Scotland I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you wishing them luck was genuine, unfortunately your usual tone didn’t make it read as though you were.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2019 00:16 #4846 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic The Brexit Thread
An interesting take on Brexit and party politics in general in The Guardian.

www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/15...way-blair-sedgefield

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2019 00:25 #4847 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic The Brexit Thread
The biggest issues with Brexit is no one seems to want to sit down and come up with a unified solution, the issues is far more than two side as well.

-You've got remainers trying to stop it
-you've got the remainer who want to remainer but understand the vote has happend and have to live with it
-You've got people who didn't vote who have no idea what's it.
- You've got the people who voted remain because of fear
- You've got people who voted to leave because they wanted rid of Muslims (a small minority who don't know no EU state is a Muslim country)
-You've got others who voted leave because the official leave campaigned stated we would get a free trade agreement (that was on their website before they made a U-turn after the vote )
- You've got the people who want a no deal brexit , who don't want to hear the negative effects of that.
-Then you have the political [censored] like Boris who actually doesn't believe in brexit just campaigned for leave for political gain.


But non of them will work together, So we're up a creek filled with crap with no paddle.

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T
The following user(s) Liked this post:: AlbertRoss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2019 00:30 #4848 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The Brexit Thread
I fully believe that Boris is trying his hardest to get us out of the EU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2019 01:25 #4849 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic The Brexit Thread
Guy Verhofstadt's gave a speech yesterday at the Lib Dem conference calling for a 'European Empire'.

That implies a European Army, a common foreign policy and the adoption of the Euro currency by all member states.



Personally I don't want anything to do with his imperialistic dreams.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, CCU, Alan, seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2019 01:36 #4850 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic The Brexit Thread

munchymagic wrote: I fully believe that Boris is trying his hardest to get us out of the EU.

He'll do what he needs to get and stay in power. What he preaches just panders, He'll tell you what you want to hear and then when he gets the power he requires he'll stab you in the back.

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.