Coronavirus - Football Matters

More
05 Apr 2020 14:39 #301 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
On second thoughts £2,000 a week would not be a bad idea. That's still a £100,000 a year.
:-) :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2020 14:50 #302 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Juan Mata set up his ‘1%’ or ‘Common Goal’ Charity about 3yrs back, the aim to get every Player to sign up etc.

Now given the average PL wage is roughly £75k a week, that 1% would be £750 a week. Peanuts when making that sort of cash, even after losing a chunk in tax.

This link shows how many have signed up so far: www.common-goal.org/Members

Speaks volumes about Players at that level IMO...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, topstepwhinger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2020 15:24 #303 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

Flatcap wrote: Should have said £20.000 a week. Missed a nought out.
Where's the edit buttom


I think you had it just about right first time...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2020 21:58 #304 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

topstepwhinger wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

topstepwhinger wrote: I have the same £3 BT sport package as you NS, however whilst I too despise the amount of money sloshing about at the top level I am first and foremost a football fan.
And whilst I admire people's principals I have to admit to enjoying Juventus v Barcelona much more than say Boreham Wood v Chorley.


Anybody else tried to use that tool on the BT site to negate your BT sport charges for the next two months? I 've tried multiple times but when you fill the form in the cursor just goes round and round and doesn't move on to complete the instruction.


Seemed to work ok for me - mine is now cancelled (I forgot mine had gone up from the £3 introductory offer to £10).


You definitely slipped up there

I used a Matin Lewis tip that when you're renewal is due if they want to up this or that then say I need to think about it call them back a couple of days later and say if you increase anything i.m not renewing they send you an e.mail 20 minutes later to confirm at your old price.

I have the stupid situation where I pay £5 to have a BT mobile SIM but they give me a £10 credit off my broadband /tv bill I let one of the girls use it and charge her account a tenner a month for the privilege so i.m £15 quid into pocket before I start.

I.ll try that tool again but I don't think it's going to work but as i.m, due to speak to them tomorrow about 250 quid compo they owe me I .ll probably just bring it up then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2020 21:59 #305 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

topstepwhinger wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

topstepwhinger wrote: I have the same £3 BT sport package as you NS, however whilst I too despise the amount of money sloshing about at the top level I am first and foremost a football fan.
And whilst I admire people's principals I have to admit to enjoying Juventus v Barcelona much more than say Boreham Wood v Chorley.


Anybody else tried to use that tool on the BT site to negate your BT sport charges for the next two months? I 've tried multiple times but when you fill the form in the cursor just goes round and round and doesn't move on to complete the instruction.


Seemed to work ok for me - mine is now cancelled (I forgot mine had gone up from the £3 introductory offer to £10).


You definitely slipped up there

I used a Matin Lewis tip that when you're renewal is due if they want to up this or that then say I need to think about it call them back a couple of days later and say if you increase anything i.m not renewing they send you an e.mail 20 minutes later to confirm at your old price.

I have the stupid situation where I pay £5 to have a BT mobile SIM but they give me a £10 credit off my broadband /tv bill I let one of the girls use it and charge her account a tenner a month for the privilege so i.m £15 quid into pocket before I start.

I.ll try that tool again but I don't think it's going to work but as i.m, due to speak to them tomorrow about 250 quid compo they owe me I .ll probably just bring it up then.

You haven’t been dropping her off round Kyle Walkers have you ?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2020 22:15 #306 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

CarlisleWhite wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Aye a wage deferral is very generous.

Is that in response to my comments about Leeds Nobby?
It has meant that all staff have been paid in full without applying for furlough if it is (apologies if it is not). I do agree that a wage cut woud be better but think that will come (I think Bielsa has actually done it already, but not 100% sure on this).
What I don't get about this furlough business is how much does it actually save the clubs like Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle. Can't be much in the grand scheme of things.


Well if you assume they're all on 30k wages which is where the maximum 2500 for the month maxes out [ but for simplicity let's just use that as the figure.] They have apparently furloughed just short of 600 staff [Why does a football club need that many non-matchday staff anyway ] So 600 employees receiving 80% of their wages from the furlough scheme would mean a cost to the HMRC of 1.5 million a month meaning the same in savings for LFC. Now the statement they put out doesn't say whether they will be topping up the wages to the full amount or not but if they were it would be costing them just £375k a month to do so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 09:50 #307 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
NS - saw it on one the TV programmes yesterday - about £750K a month is the top line cost.
Doubt many are on £30K a year, which may be the difference in the figures.
Either way, disgusting behaviour by Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle - two foreign owners and Ashley (did I see Norwich and Bournemouth also have done it).
Big change appears to be coming on the horizon though - Portsmouth have apparently now furloughed the players, which is what you were saying, but with no guarentees over what is in their contracts.
Will end up as a legal nightmare. PFA have shot themselves in the foot with all this pontificating. It's now over a year since the chief leach agreed to step down. Can only think of £2M reasons why he has not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 16:15 #308 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
CUFC Update:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 16:27 #309 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
So this £125m for EFL clubs isn’t quite what it seems then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 16:30 #310 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola's mother, Dolors Sala Carrio, has died aged 82 in Barcelona after contracting coronavirus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 16:40 #311 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
So the players must have taken cuts if any of them earn over £36K a year if they are on furlough leave.
Too much in the statement does not add up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Waltero
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
06 Apr 2020 17:02 #312 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
I noticed he mentioned season ticket holders claiming the unused games. What's the general consensus on this board

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 17:39 #313 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

Waltero wrote: I noticed he mentioned season ticket holders claiming the unused games. What's the general consensus on this board


Anyone wanting to claim back 4 games worth of unused ticket can piss off as far as I’m concerned...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: GingerBalls, topstepwhinger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
06 Apr 2020 17:46 #314 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
If the games are played I'd expect to be able to use the ST, if they're cancelled then as far I'm concerned, that's that, season done, ST finished.

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 17:59 #315 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
If I had a season ticket and given the circumstances and the season being null/void I wouldn’t go claiming for the 4 games remaining.

What it would do is stop me getting one for the following season - unless there are ridiculously cheap because there’s no benefit at all.

The majority of people after the current sanctions are going to be penny pinching. It’s a good wake up call for football as it’s completely out of touch with society/overpaid average players and far too expensive - be interesting what happens going forward if anything.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, topstepwhinger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 18:08 #316 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
I’ll be asking for my money back the robbing [censored]. They’ve had enough money off me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 18:36 #317 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

CarlisleWhite wrote: NS - saw it on one the TV programmes yesterday - about £750K a month is the top line cost.
Doubt many are on £30K a year, which may be the difference in the figures.
Either way, disgusting behaviour by Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle - two foreign owners and Ashley (did I see Norwich and Bournemouth also have done it).
Big change appears to be coming on the horizon though - Portsmouth have apparently now furloughed the players, which is what you were saying, but with no guarentees over what is in their contracts.
Will end up as a legal nightmare. PFA have shot themselves in the foot with all this pontificating. It's now over a year since the chief leach agreed to step down. Can only think of £2M reasons why he has not.


See Liverpool have now reversed the decision to furlough their staff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 18:38 #318 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Only when them lovable scousers went ballistic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2020 09:11 #319 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

nobbyblue wrote: Only when them lovable scousers went ballistic.

I get the impression that they reversed it because they said it went against their socilaist routes rather than the fact it was a disgusting decison by a bunch of greedy [censored].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2020 09:26 #320 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
It’s all one way with those scousers. Everybody has got to be nice because of Hillsborough but they have rode roughshod over locals in the way they bought up houses around Anfield for years. Not a very nice club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • baggieblue
  • baggieblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
07 Apr 2020 10:34 #321 by baggieblue
Replied by baggieblue on topic What should happen to the football season?
I am not a season ticket holder but I do think that those who are shoud have the option of claiming a reduction on next season's costs. Howevder, I do also hope that this season remaining games are completed (and not behind closed doors).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2020 15:25 #322 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic What should happen to the football season?
Are you sure that next season is going to continue as normal.
I don't think so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2020 09:01 #323 by CCU
The Championship are in full shitting themselves mode...




Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2020 09:03 - 08 Apr 2020 09:04 #324 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
CarlisleWhite, this makes grim reading for your lot!


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 08 Apr 2020 09:04 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2020 09:59 #325 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

CCU wrote: CarlisleWhite, this makes grim reading for your lot!

It does indeed. Philips would have to be sold if they don't go up.
Strange thing is he has not put any investement in (could reduce the losses by £13M a year), presumably because the sale to the PSG lot is imminent.
Seems like a lot of "admin expenses" - £22M.
Seems like a gamble to be honest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 14:31 #326 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
EFL unveil radical plans to finish 2019/20 season in just 56 days

www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/foo...closed-doors-2534237

Looks like its restrating in June

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 14:37 #327 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
They hope...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 17:46 #328 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters



Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 17:47 #329 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters



Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 19:00 #330 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2020 10:17 #331 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Looks like some Players think the plans are crazy...


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2020 13:43 #332 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Looks like some footballers need to get back on the pitch as soon as possible. Jamie Mackie.

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2020 17:46 #333 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
That tattoo on his leg looks like his daughter must have done it for her art lesson.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: markredfox73

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2020 19:01 #334 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Good to see Neil Doncaster and the rest of the Scottish Top Brass making a complete and utter balls up of the vote on the Season today!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2020 21:49 #335 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Apparently it’s naughty Dundee who hold all the cards-the only club not to vote and their vote makes the difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2020 22:12 #336 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Their vote has gone missing hasn’t it? Pressure now being applied to change it putting them in a no win position.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2020 14:43 #337 by Wukkie
Replied by Wukkie on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Aye they'll get the blame from some clubs whichever way the vote goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2020 15:28 #338 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2020 16:53 #339 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 10:45 #340 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

Dancingbear wrote: The missing vote

www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/...-didnt-count-2536452

Not really getting this as to what's behind it. I know certain teams will be for/against due to their poisitions in the tables, but what is in it for the likes of Rangers or Dundee for them to cause such as a kerfulle on it. Presume it's money at the root of it, but who would benefit/lose, and why are the SPFL making such a dogs dinner of it (live updates of the vote to date?)
Maybe Laffy, or someone else with more knowledge on the clubs backgrounds can fill us in a bit.
Seems odd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 11:15 #341 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
It’s an interesting one this.There are a few clubs who are totally affected by closing the season early but the real issue is money.All the clubs, save for Celtic,Aberdeen and Motherwell, desperately need cash-bringing forward the prize money makes sense.

Rangers are out of cash and have major issues.They want the money but don’t want the season to be closed down.

Rangers have gone on the attack but the lawyer they are attacking-Rod MacKenzie, is one bright guy so let’s hope their ‘information’ is solid or there will be humble pie.It does make me laugh that Rangers are calling for fair treatment yet they have propped up an unfair voting system with Celtic for many years to pursue their own interests.Dave King has of course left the building so Rangers are really up against it financially-and nobody is going to shovel money into a black hole in the crisis.Hence the 3 month wage deferral.

I don’t think the SPFL board are entirely blameless but it must be like herding cats.If the CEO survives this, he will be untouchable going forward.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CarlisleWhite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 11:30 #342 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Rangers want to the season to extend so they can carry on with their march to the title. :-D
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 12:07 #343 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

Laffy wrote: It’s an interesting one this.There are a few clubs who are totally affected by closing the season early but the real issue is money.All the clubs, save for Celtic,Aberdeen and Motherwell, desperately need cash-bringing forward the prize money makes sense.

Rangers are out of cash and have major issues.They want the money but don’t want the season to be closed down.

Rangers have gone on the attack but the lawyer they are attacking-Rod MacKenzie, is one bright guy so let’s hope their ‘information’ is solid or there will be humble pie.It does make me laugh that Rangers are calling for fair treatment yet they have propped up an unfair voting system with Celtic for many years to pursue their own interests.Dave King has of course left the building so Rangers are really up against it financially-and nobody is going to shovel money into a black hole in the crisis.Hence the 3 month wage deferral.

I don’t think the SPFL board are entirely blameless but it must be like herding cats.If the CEO survives this, he will be untouchable going forward.


There’s a interview online with the Inverness chairman who says it would be beneficial to his club to vote yes but it just didn’t sit right with his club that teams were gonna get relegated off the pitch rather than on it so he felt he couldn’t vote for that to happen. Rangers do want the season to get played out as I would have thought do Celtic. The issue is what happens if that isn’t a option. No doubt if roles were reversed and Rangers were top Celtic would be doing exactly the same as Rangers are doing. The real villains of the piece though are the SPFL board who released which way every club had voted whilst the vote was still taking place. The whole thing stinks and it seems even the anti Rangers media brigade agree given what I’ve been reading from the likes of Tom English and Michael Stewart. Still like everything else it’s no doubt Rangers fault somehow.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 12:10 #344 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Hang on till I get my violin oot!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 12:13 #345 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Sporting Integrity must be upheld in the Scottish game...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 12:21 #346 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters

Dancingbear wrote:

Laffy wrote: It’s an interesting one this.There are a few clubs who are totally affected by closing the season early but the real issue is money.All the clubs, save for Celtic,Aberdeen and Motherwell, desperately need cash-bringing forward the prize money makes sense.

Rangers are out of cash and have major issues.They want the money but don’t want the season to be closed down.

Rangers have gone on the attack but the lawyer they are attacking-Rod MacKenzie, is one bright guy so let’s hope their ‘information’ is solid or there will be humble pie.It does make me laugh that Rangers are calling for fair treatment yet they have propped up an unfair voting system with Celtic for many years to pursue their own interests.Dave King has of course left the building so Rangers are really up against it financially-and nobody is going to shovel money into a black hole in the crisis.Hence the 3 month wage deferral.

I don’t think the SPFL board are entirely blameless but it must be like herding cats.If the CEO survives this, he will be untouchable going forward.


There’s a interview online with the Inverness chairman who says it would be beneficial to his club to vote yes but it just didn’t sit right with his club that teams were gonna get relegated off the pitch rather than on it so he felt he couldn’t vote for that to happen. Rangers do want the season to get played out as I would have thought do Celtic. The issue is what happens if that isn’t a option. No doubt if roles were reversed and Rangers were top Celtic would be doing exactly the same as Rangers are doing. The real villains of the piece though are the SPFL board who released which way every club had voted whilst the vote was still taking place. The whole thing stinks and it seems even the anti Rangers media brigade agree given what I’ve been reading from the likes of Tom English and Michael Stewart. Still like everything else it’s no doubt Rangers fault somehow.


I understand there was an alternative to just finish it as it is Declare Celtic as champions but no relegation or promotion but financial compensation for the clubs who lose out by not being promoted which would have left Rangers totally isolated. But I think UEFA s warning to ban clubs from Europe if their leagues were abandoned put the kybosh on that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 12:54 #347 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
As Trump said ‘It’s a bit complicated’

Problem is the Scottish game is going backwards-left behind.Celtic are now a selling club-but still have many millions in the bank.Rangers are fundamentally insolvent again.The rest are reasonably well run but aren’t trying to win much other than the cups.

Gerrard will be away at the end of the season in my view.He’s made Lennon look like a great manager.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 13:08 #348 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Excellent account of what exactly has happened:

fourladshadadream.blog/2020/04/11/corrup...ll-for-resignations/

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 15:06 #349 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
Dynamite if true-Lawell too!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 16:33 #350 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus - Football Matters
A Thread on here:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.