Player Ratings v Dulwich?

  • Urban Designer
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
10 Nov 2019 00:22 #1 by Urban Designer
Player Ratings v Dulwich? was created by Urban Designer
Have I missed this are do we not bother anymore? Considering this is one match we have all seen....

Collin - 6
Branthwaite - 5
Webster - 3
Mellish - 4
Jones (defender) 5
Iredale - 4
Bridge - 6
Jones - 6
Thomas - 6
Olomona - 7
Mckirdy - 8

Sagaf - 7
Loft - 6
Carroll - 6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2019 01:21 #2 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
M. Jones, Mellish and Iredale worth an additional point.

Loft and Carroll not on long enough to rate.

McKirdy possibly a nine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2019 14:40 #3 by topstepwhinger
Replied by topstepwhinger on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
Collin - 5 nothing really to do, no chance with goal.
Branthwaite - 5 composed and looks promising, one or two errors, feel sorry for him playing with the others in that defence.
Webster - 2 never a footballer
Mellish - 3 poor distribution, won nothing in the air, no wonder we have conceded so often in league 2.
Jones (defender) 4 a couple of decent (unopposed) runs down the right resulting in good balls into the box, one for the second goal I think.
Iredale - 4 easily beaten at times and didn't get forward (though didn't need to).
Bridge - 4 Good ball/clearance for the first goal, cant believe he didn't see the return ball later on, not really involved as Dulwich controlled the midfield.
Jones - 5 Great goal but easily bypassed by Dulwich's central midfielders.
Thomas - 5 was looking forward to seeing him play, but poor control/ball retention, then seemed to lose interest then deservedly got hooked. I think there is a player in there.
Olomona - 6 Looked decent, good movement for his goal and took it well.
Mckirdy - 7 deserved mom could have had a hat trick and took his chances well. Am sure he wont get that much space in League 2 very often.
Sagaf - 6 Looked a much better midfield option
Loft - only on long enough to get booked.
Carroll - not on long enough.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2019 15:01 #4 by bigboblee
Replied by bigboblee on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
Bit puzzled how you can give Collin a 5. Did nothing wrong means did everything right in my book.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2019 17:17 #5 by aberdeenblue28
Replied by aberdeenblue28 on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
Really confused at these ratings the pessimism is another level on here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2019 17:25 #6 by topstepwhinger
Replied by topstepwhinger on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
I thought I was being too generous TBH!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2019 18:13 #7 by torbayblue
Replied by torbayblue on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
Collin 7 Solid
G Jones 6 Got better as game progressed
Webster Worst cb I've seen for CU, get rid. Not worth a score
Mellish 5 Iffy game for the lad
Iredade 6 ok
Branthwaite 6 A few mistakes and a few very good touches
Bridge 5 Not good enough to be a first choice.
M Jones 6 Great goal, kept going, not dominating
Thomas 5 Looks like he needs motivated, couple of good defensive
clearances.
Fela 7 Good goal, good team player
McKirdy 9 His night, special performance

Salad 7 Should have started
The following user(s) Liked this post:: heilkmoon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2019 18:38 #8 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
I wonder how different the ratings for Nathan Thomas would be had Olomola’s effort not been cleared off the line after the skill from Thomas that created it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2019 19:10 #9 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
That player for them with the headband on was pretty decent until he got a shot in on goal - he had all the power of a four year old kicking an old leather casie that was sodden wet, Collins saves seemed apologetic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 10:35 #10 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?

topstepwhinger wrote: Collin - 5 nothing really to do, no chance with goal.
Branthwaite - 5 composed and looks promising, one or two errors, feel sorry for him playing with the others in that defence.
Webster - 2 never a footballer
Mellish - 3 poor distribution, won nothing in the air, no wonder we have conceded so often in league 2.
Jones (defender) 4 a couple of decent (unopposed) runs down the right resulting in good balls into the box, one for the second goal I think.
Iredale - 4 easily beaten at times and didn't get forward (though didn't need to).
Bridge - 4 Good ball/clearance for the first goal, cant believe he didn't see the return ball later on, not really involved as Dulwich controlled the midfield.
Jones - 5 Great goal but easily bypassed by Dulwich's central midfielders.
Thomas - 5 was looking forward to seeing him play, but poor control/ball retention, then seemed to lose interest then deservedly got hooked. I think there is a player in there.
Olomona - 6 Looked decent, good movement for his goal and took it well.
Mckirdy - 7 deserved mom could have had a hat trick and took his chances well. Am sure he wont get that much space in League 2 very often.
Sagaf - 6 Looked a much better midfield option
Loft - only on long enough to get booked.
Carroll - not on long enough.


Great Bridge clearance for the first goal... it was Jones that won that challenge then cleared to to McKirdy... the BBC commentators got that wrong...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 10:45 - 11 Nov 2019 10:54 #11 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
I'd give Webster a 0 was caught out several times and once was lucky the ref gave him a FK - a total liability and the fact that they scored with a free header when we had 3 central defenders on says it all

Bridge 2 perhaps but he's lightweight takes risks and gives the ball away in the wrong areas doesn't seem to create anything

Jones I would rate his performance higher than this I think without him on the pitch we could possibly have lost... he won the challenge on the edge of the area and made the clearance to McKirdy for the first goal (not Bridge) then when we could have come under the cosh at 2-1 as Webster can give a goal away anytime he had the experience to know they were backing off and scored a really good third. Was involved in most things with Bridge anonymous...

I thought Iredale and G Jones looked OK, Collin was solid and if we set up more to get the ball forward faster to McKirdy, Thomas and Olumola we just need to replace Webster and KP with a couple of decent centre halves and another midfielder or 2 who can actually play in midfield like Jones then I think the team would be reasonably decent...
Last edit: 11 Nov 2019 10:54 by triskelionblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 12:12 #12 by lummy8
Replied by lummy8 on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?
Very slowly but we may be stumbling on the right/strongest team thank god! Couple more positions to sort yet, hopefully a suspension will take care of that!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 12:31 #13 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?

triskelionblue wrote:

topstepwhinger wrote: Collin - 5 nothing really to do, no chance with goal.
Branthwaite - 5 composed and looks promising, one or two errors, feel sorry for him playing with the others in that defence.
Webster - 2 never a footballer
Mellish - 3 poor distribution, won nothing in the air, no wonder we have conceded so often in league 2.
Jones (defender) 4 a couple of decent (unopposed) runs down the right resulting in good balls into the box, one for the second goal I think.
Iredale - 4 easily beaten at times and didn't get forward (though didn't need to).
Bridge - 4 Good ball/clearance for the first goal, cant believe he didn't see the return ball later on, not really involved as Dulwich controlled the midfield.
Jones - 5 Great goal but easily bypassed by Dulwich's central midfielders.
Thomas - 5 was looking forward to seeing him play, but poor control/ball retention, then seemed to lose interest then deservedly got hooked. I think there is a player in there.
Olomona - 6 Looked decent, good movement for his goal and took it well.
Mckirdy - 7 deserved mom could have had a hat trick and took his chances well. Am sure he wont get that much space in League 2 very often.
Sagaf - 6 Looked a much better midfield option
Loft - only on long enough to get booked.
Carroll - not on long enough.


Great Bridge clearance for the first goal... it was Jones that won that challenge then cleared to to McKirdy... the BBC commentators got that wrong...


I can't help thinking that the system is the problem, not totally Webster, agreed he at times looks a liability , but he has played at pretty decent standard (Championship) and has got a lot of games under his belt, so really he shouldn't be that bad, maybe it's just old father time catching up with him??
Last Saturday against Macc, (especially the second half) the two young lads Melish and Branthwaite, looked like the two experienced defenders, playing a flat back four and completely dominating their opponents. Friday both looked a shadow of the two players on Saturday.
So this all boils back down to the manager, I really don't know why he had to almost 'shoe horn' Webster back into the side, changing a system that on the previous match worked a treat, really didn't make much sense to me?????
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 12:55 #14 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic Player Ratings v Dulwich?

lummy8 wrote: Very slowly but we may be stumbling on the right/strongest team thank god! Couple more positions to sort yet, hopefully a suspension will take care of that!


who's a booking away from getting suspended?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.