Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

More
13 Jan 2020 16:57 #401 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
That's sounds a decent deal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 17:24 #402 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
And that will be before any add-ons (Club and Country) and sell-ons etc...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 17:33 #403 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Did we ever get the fee off Watford for Danny Graham then his onwards fee to Swansea.......who keeps tabs......is our finance department up to keeping track of these convoluted transfers

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 19:12 #404 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
I know we didn’t get the full fee off Palace for Jansen, Knighton “felt sorry” for Palace’s financial predicament so waived the what was owed.

They were paying the likes of Lombardo, Brolin and Padavano big money at the time and paid a couple of million for Lee Bradbury not long after Knighton’s wonderful gesture to a club 3 leagues higher!

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 19:19 #405 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

franksidebottom wrote: I know we didn’t get the full fee off Palace for Jansen, Knighton “felt sorry” for Palace’s financial predicament so waived the what was owed.

They were paying the likes of Lombardo, Brolin and Padavano big money at the time and paid a couple of million for Lee Bradbury not long after Knighton’s wonderful gesture to a club 3 leagues higher!


Backhander?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 19:26 #406 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

Flatcap wrote:

franksidebottom wrote: I know we didn’t get the full fee off Palace for Jansen, Knighton “felt sorry” for Palace’s financial predicament so waived the what was owed.

They were paying the likes of Lombardo, Brolin and Padavano big money at the time and paid a couple of million for Lee Bradbury not long after Knighton’s wonderful gesture to a club 3 leagues higher!


Backhander?


There's a book by one of their hoolies at the time that has a pretty good explanation of what went on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 19:57 #407 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

franksidebottom wrote: I know we didn’t get the full fee off Palace for Jansen, Knighton “felt sorry” for Palace’s financial predicament so waived the what was owed.

They were paying the likes of Lombardo, Brolin and Padavano big money at the time and paid a couple of million for Lee Bradbury not long after Knighton’s wonderful gesture to a club 3 leagues higher!


have you been reading Matt's book? I seem to remember that Palace were taken over by Simon Jordan, and not Goldberg like he has written about in the book. what the heck do i remember though eh! Goldberg before Jordan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 20:55 #408 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Haven’t got the attention span to read books mate! Bought it for my dad for Xmas though.

It’s something I always remember, along with discrepancies over Caig’s fee to Blackpool and Archdeacon’s to Morton.

Pretty sure Goldberg took over from Noades, made an absolute pigsear of it and spunked all his money before Simon Jordan came in and sorted it out.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 21:01 #409 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

seesaw50 wrote: Did we ever get the fee off Watford for Danny Graham then his onwards fee to Swansea.......who keeps tabs......is our finance department up to keeping track of these convoluted transfers


I lost all faith in add-ons and sell-ons when Milan Mandaric and Sheff Wed ripped us off over Gary Madine. We just seemed to roll over and accept that we weren’t going to get the money we were owed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 21:38 #410 by paddockspark
Replied by paddockspark on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Confirmed gone to Everton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 21:38 #411 by Graemehud
Replied by Graemehud on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Branthwaite gone tonight to Everton according to club on iplayer.
Substantial fee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 21:38 #412 by spencerboon
Replied by spencerboon on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
He has signed a 2.5 year deal with Everton. My contact will find out the value tomorrow, but he thinks it’s likely no loan back. Jarrad is currently in Southport watching the Everton U23s. I did ask if they would loan him
Back, and although he said it’s a possibility, he thought more likely they’ll play him the U23s

Blue flags waving at the top of the tower...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 21:43 #413 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Don’t worry, we still have Byron Webster... oh and there’s no chance of us going down anyway according to some on here.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 21:44 #414 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
The way Everton have announced it, and the story on their site, he's definitely joining their U23 side.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 21:50 #415 by spencerboon
Replied by spencerboon on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Likely half the few up front and then the rest all dependent on his performances etc.

Blue flags waving at the top of the tower...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 21:55 #416 by tommycoleman1
Replied by tommycoleman1 on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Goldberg wasted an absolute fortune, Ron Noades couldn't believe he bought the club off him but he ( Noades) still owned the stadium

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:02 #417 by ParcelPete
Replied by ParcelPete on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
On N&S website now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:06 #418 by Taffy-P
Replied by Taffy-P on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
The crack(not the drug) in Wigton is £1.7 million

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:07 #419 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
No body expected him to stay...

Good luck to the lad.

Looks a decent deal.

But yet again it’s handled wrongly, he’s not doing bad to be watching u23 football in the freezing cold for a lad whose “ill”.

Just be honhest with us fans for once, so far Beech has now been outed as a liar twice - Branthwaite and Rooney saga, how are we supposed to trust him.

Just another puppet for the board and EWM who dances to their tune.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Onlyfoolsandhorses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:08 #420 by Onlyfoolsandhorses
Replied by Onlyfoolsandhorses on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
I agree cufc52

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:08 #421 by beefsister
Replied by beefsister on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Undisclosed fee. what a [censored] surprise. Absolute cretins at the top of the club selling our assets cheaply then hiding their incompetance behind a 'undisclosed fee'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:08 #422 by Onlyfoolsandhorses
Replied by Onlyfoolsandhorses on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Ridiculous saying unwell and injured
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:09 #423 by Onlyfoolsandhorses
Replied by Onlyfoolsandhorses on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
I do like the fact they got the business done and are seeing what fans see with needing a striker or two and defender so forgive beech if he gets us a decent 15/20 goal scorer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:11 #424 by Taffy-P
Replied by Taffy-P on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
He definitely was unwell a couple of weeks ago full of cold A very close family member told me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:12 #425 by Mouldy
Replied by Mouldy on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Doesn’t take a genuine to see we need a striker though eh. Look forward to welcoming JB back in the leasing.com trophy.

Now.. which other young prospects can we flog?

all views my own

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:22 #426 by pedals
Replied by pedals on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
If it is true that we're getting £1.5m (half in instalments) plus add-ons and a sell-on clause then I think that's a really good deal for all involved. As much as anything it's great to see one of our young players go on to a big Premier League club which is overshadowed by current ongoings. Best of luck to Jarrad. I'm looking forward to his last minute header for England against Germany in the 2026 World Cup final.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, CCU, seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:27 #427 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Will the club actually say how much? I don't buy the logic behind undisclosed fees, i.e. we'll get ripped off by unscrupulous shysters, everyone else in the game will know the figures....


Us: Can we buy a striker, we just sold a player for £1.5 million to a premiership club
Other Club: Bwahahaha, that'll be one billion pounds

Us: Can we buy a striker, we just sold a player for an undisclosed fee to a premiership club
Other Club: Certainly, 50p please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:29 #428 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

Onlyfoolsandhorses wrote: Ridiculous saying unwell and injured


Aye nobody believed it ...bit like buying a house.... some say we'll give you the full asking price if you take it off the market and dont show anybody else round!

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:31 #429 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

spencerboon wrote: He has signed a 2.5 year deal with Everton. My contact will find out the value tomorrow, but he thinks it’s likely no loan back. Jarrad is currently in Southport watching the Everton U23s. I did ask if they would loan him
Back, and although he said it’s a possibility, he thought more likely they’ll play him the U23s


If that is the case, then two things are clear. We've lost the only decent defender at the club and Everton think he'll make more progress in U23 football than league football with Carlisle.

These are really desperate times for the club. The whole set-up is a shambles. A board in hock to moneylenders. A manager, sorry head-coach tied to the whim of a director of football appointed by said moneylenders.

If Carlisle don't spend a reasonable proportion of the Branthwaite money in bringing in 5 or 6 proven players at L2 level then relegation is staring us in the face.

One further point, not directly related to Branthwaite, I know the News & Star need to sell newspapers, but I'm sick of seeing headlines which read 'United sign Premier League/Championship striker/midfielder/defender' when we've signed a player whose only experience of competitive football is at U23, L2 or Conference level.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:34 #430 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Great news this is concluded with more than two weeks of the transfer window left open.

No excuses for Beech and Holdsworth in the transfer market now - I expect at least one striker and a left-back before Saturday.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Markovitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:36 #431 by ParcelPete
Replied by ParcelPete on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

pedals wrote: If it is true that we're getting £1.5m (half in instalments) plus add-ons and a sell-on clause then I think that's a really good deal for all involved. As much as anything it's great to see one of our young players go on to a big Premier League club which is overshadowed by current ongoings. Best of luck to Jarrad. I'm looking forward to his last minute header for England against Germany in the 2026 World Cup final.


That will be the equalizer before losing on pens.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • melbourneblues
  • melbourneblues's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
13 Jan 2020 22:37 #432 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Stop being a sour Kraut Pete.

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ParcelPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:40 #433 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Re:Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: Great news this is concluded with more than two weeks of the transfer window left open.

No excuses for Beech and Holdsworth in the transfer market now - I expect at least one striker and a left-back before Saturday.


We need more than that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:40 #434 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
It show how bad we are that were can't even loan him back - under 23??!!

Whats the defence going to be on Wednesday?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bluedazblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:40 #435 by ParcelPete
Replied by ParcelPete on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

melbourneblues wrote: Stop being a sour Kraut Pete.


Thought you were busy causing chaos with the weather tonight.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:42 #436 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

Bluedazblue wrote:

spencerboon wrote: He has signed a 2.5 year deal with Everton. My contact will find out the value tomorrow, but he thinks it’s likely no loan back. Jarrad is currently in Southport watching the Everton U23s. I did ask if they would loan him
Back, and although he said it’s a possibility, he thought more likely they’ll play him the U23s


If that is the case, then two things are clear. We've lost the only decent defender at the club and Everton think he'll make more progress in U23 football than league football with Carlisle.

These are really desperate times for the club. The whole set-up is a shambles. A board in hock to moneylenders. A manager, sorry head-coach tied to the whim of a director of football appointed by said moneylenders.

If Carlisle don't spend a reasonable proportion of the Branthwaite money in bringing in 5 or 6 proven players at L2 level then relegation is staring us in the face.

One further point, not directly related to Branthwaite, I know the News & Star need to sell newspapers, but I'm sick of seeing headlines which read 'United sign Premier League/Championship striker/midfielder/defender' when we've signed a player whose only experience of competitive football is at U23, L2 or Conference level.


They'll want him to bond with their other u-23s, plus less likely to get injured in that environment, you wouldn't risk someone you've just paid a £1m+ for against some league two cloggers on a newport-style potato field
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:44 #437 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Quite a few Everton fans surprised he’s not coming back on loan, they don’t seem too impressed he’s going to be with Unsworth in the u23’s

www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/jarra...hwaite-signs.109331/

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:46 #438 by Taffy-P
Replied by Taffy-P on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Do think they will let him play cricket for Wigton in the summer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:47 #439 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

franksidebottom wrote: Quite a few Everton fans surprised he’s not coming back on loan, they don’t seem too impressed he’s going to be with Unsworth in the u23’s

www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/jarra...hwaite-signs.109331/


Good spot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 22:48 #440 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Reading a few other pages and the guesswork seems to be the fee is around the £750,000 - £900,000 mark with further amounts possible in the future dependant on appearances, etc.

No idea how much of that initial fee will be upfront and how much will be in instalments.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 23:02 #441 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
As I said a few days ago - he hasn't been 'ill' for 2 weeks. He looks fine on the photo.

Manager and fans have been lied to as usual!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bluedazblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 23:05 #442 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
With McKirdy going to Pompey for £250k we're gan to be flush this week!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 23:35 #443 by cousinscotty
Replied by cousinscotty on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

nobbyblue wrote: With McKirdy going to Pompey for £250k we're gan to be flush this week!


The way instalments work, we'll be flush sometime in 2024! Remember Rory Delap had virtually retired from playing before we got the last of the transfer fee from Derby...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
14 Jan 2020 00:12 #444 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

ParcelPete wrote:

melbourneblues wrote: Stop being a sour Kraut Pete.


Thought you were busy causing chaos with the weather tonight.



Another Brendan that's over 50.

This time mph winds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 00:31 #445 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Totally expected and another example of the state of football today. He only played 11 games. McCarron similar? They looked good but had barely started before they were whipped away from us to someone's reserves for a year.
I've no doubt at least JB will go on to do well but as usual we are kept in the dark and made to feel like we don't matter. Again.
Beech knew nothing. Yeah, whatever. Undisclosed? Yeah, whatever. Club building for the future? Yeah, whatever. EWM give a shit? Whatever. New ground. Whatever. Signs of improvement.... green shoots.... progress... investment... forward thinking... No Communication again!!!! etc etc etc...f'off!

Go well jarrad. What a missed opportunity for cufc. Again.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bluedazblue, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 08:23 #446 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
File Attachment:


He won't be one of those who slips into oblivion at a big club. He'll be in the first team squad next season I would think and will play for England by the time he's 20.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 08:24 #447 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

franksidebottom wrote: Reading a few other pages and the guesswork seems to be the fee is around the £750,000 - £900,000 mark with further amounts possible in the future dependant on appearances, etc.

No idea how much of that initial fee will be upfront and how much will be in instalments.


Not bad for a player you didn't rate frank! :-D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 08:53 #448 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??
Seems unlikely that they would have asked for Jarrad to stop playing while the negotiations were going on and then send him back to us for the rest of the season.

Maybe it doesn't matter which order you do the first team football / World Class training facilities and non-competitive football in terms of your chances of making it at the top level, so long as it isn't a full youth career of the latter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 09:04 #449 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

Urban Designer wrote: As I said a few days ago - he hasn't been 'ill' for 2 weeks. He looks fine on the photo.

Manager and fans have been lied to as usual!


If our manager trusts DH to tell him a players ill he shouldn’t be managing...

If you believe the rumour, Jarrad turned down a loan back, Everton where keen... very similar to the Mccaron situation refused a loan because of the way DH treat him...

Opens up doors for Lightfoot, Barness, Charters or Armstrong with one having to be involved in the match day squad. Hopefully one of these go on to make us many 1000’s or 100’s or thousands like Jarrad, Mccaron and Galloway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 09:15 #450 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic Jarrad Branthwaite - January Bid??

spencerboon wrote: He has signed a 2.5 year deal with Everton. My contact will find out the value tomorrow, but he thinks it’s likely no loan back. Jarrad is currently in Southport watching the Everton U23s. I did ask if they would loan him
Back, and although he said it’s a possibility, he thought more likely they’ll play him the U23s

Is your "contact " one of the many websites, including the Liverpool echo that were reporting this last night?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.