TheCumbriansNet RT @james7phillips: ONLINE: @bbccumbriasport commentary on @LCFC v @officialcufc in the #FAYouthCup will be live here from 6:50pm, Wed: htt…
26mreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Decision looming on Derek Asamoah as veteran's Carlisle Utd deal expires: https://t.co/AbErVKdOiG #cufc https://t.co/gxZ3PMm
4hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle: Carlisle United will battle through first "sticky patch" of season: https://t.co/dHOgCl8JAI #cufc https://t.co/
4hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: A great night. And hopefully a good omen for Wednesday night at Leicester #cufc #FAYouthCup https://t.co/5RVBVlv74f
4hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 2008 | Carlisle United beat Manchester United 2-1 away in their FA Youth Cup Fourth Round tie https://t.c…
5hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: ICYMI: We also have the Go Pro footage for goal number 17 of the season from @Charliewyke1 - https://t.co/jZAV0ePgNj
16hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 2011 | Nahki Wells made his Football League debut as a sub for Carlisle United against Bristol Rovers htt…
16hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Five months after taking the role, Jim Mitchell's status as a Carlisle United director (CUOSC rep) has been filed with Compa…
18hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Highlights of the home game against @ShrimpsOfficial are now on our YouTube channel: https://t.co/JDAOs6gmpW
TheCumbriansNet RT @experimental361: Here's how the model sees League 2 now. Play-off race wide open and the bottom two are in increasingly deep trouble: h…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Keith Curle with his reaction to the Morecambe draw: https://t.co/DpJVt3ICgF https://t.co/GvsIRzNb6I
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Wyke remains on target to be Carlisle's first 20-goal-a-season man since Karl Hawley in 2005/6. He needed 40 games to reach…
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Charlie Wyke the fastest Carlisle player to 17 goals in a season since Ian Stevens in 1997/8. Both took 32 appearances #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @nickyadams10: Another point on the board. Looking forward to the run of games coming up. ⚽️🔵 #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @EFL: The updated @SkyBetLeagueTwo standings, after crucial wins for @drfc_official and @Only1Argyle. https://t.co/ged2hF4Cdd
TheCumbriansNet RT @SkyBetLeagueTwo: All the results from today’s @SkyBetLeagueTwo fixtures 👇 https://t.co/P3OJ3M97Lc
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Carlisle's record v Morecambe at Brunton Park: P5 W0 D4 L1 #cufc #stat
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 5,524 is today's attendance including 410 away fans - thank you all for your support #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 75' Adams free kick - Wyke headed home, 1-1 #cufc
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Landlord/pub advice needed

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 12:58 #1

• bruntonpete
  • Reserve Squad
Bit of an odd thread title I know but I couldn't think of what else to put.
Anyway, all I need to know is, is there a way I could send a message or email around to a lot of pubs around the town - like a mail shot - without having to hunt out loads of addresses? Maybe a question for cufcmatt if he is still about.
Is there a body I could email who could forward an email on to everyone ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 13:07 #2

• Mikercufc
  • Ball Boy
bruntonpete wrote:
Bit of an odd thread title I know but I couldn't think of what else to put.
Anyway, all I need to know is, is there a way I could send a message or email around to a lot of pubs around the town - like a mail shot - without having to hunt out loads of addresses? Maybe a question for cufcmatt if he is still about.
Is there a body I could email who could forward an email on to everyone ?

Generally you will have to find the contact details. Can be harder than you think as the chain pubs will have a centralised email address on their website rather than one specific pub. Best bet is to ask a couple of bars to give you details of others if they can. I would say perhaps contact the pub watch scheme but they may be reluctant to give you contact details.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 13:25 #3

• mattcufc
  • Youth Team Player
Am still about it generally just view nowadays

I have access to majority of pub emails in Carlisle there is also a Schemelink messenger via the pubwatch that had about 80% of pubs on.
I couldn't pass out these details but could forward information on if needed and dependent on what it was.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 13:41 #4

• thesilentone
  • Reserve Squad
  • my account was hacked
I wouldn't send out a mass email from your own email address, unless you are experienced in e-commerce.

It will be detected by the recipients spam filter and rejected.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 13:46 #5

• mattcufc
  • Youth Team Player
There is already a group email set up via the pubwatch which we can use. Would also be dependent on what the content of email was before I sent it.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 15:26 #6

• thesilentone
  • Reserve Squad
  • my account was hacked
It's interesting, we email several different Countries with press releases, and technical information. We can monitor the opening rate, where the UK is far and away the lowest at less than 30%.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 15:43 #7

• Mikercufc
  • Ball Boy
thesilentone wrote:
It's interesting, we email several different Countries with press releases, and technical information. We can monitor the opening rate, where the UK is far and away the lowest at less than 30%.

Main issue with spam filters is to make sure you give the recipient an unsubscribe button and various other things. Then once you get that right it still gets rejected by some companies because of server security checks. Im guessing for this post though were talking 10s, not 1000s lol

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 17:48 #8

• bruntonpete
  • Reserve Squad
Cheers matt.
What it is, I'm hoping to try and organise an inter-pub walking football tournament across the city for the older regulars of each pub.
The idea being that it will be good fun, good competition and a good chance to enjoy a good social with old mates.
I would compile the fixtures once I know which venue were keen to put a team or teams in and send out the rules and timings etc.
At the end there could be a social somewhere and a bit of a presentation night if there is enough interest.
What do you think matt? Maybe a chance to do something to build links across the city through the pubs and I'm sure it would be a good laugh too.
Maybe cufc will help us stage the final games with the help of the football in the community. Just an idea but could be good fun. It is just getting the word about that might be hard.

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 19:41 #9

• melbourneblues
  • Reserve Squad
We could put a team in, assuming it's 5 a side I'll go with

CCU.
MOOSE NORTHERSOUL

MULLEN FRANKSIDEBOTTOM
Super blues never lose.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, CCU, bruntonpete, moose

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 20:21 #10

• CCU
melbourneblues wrote:

CCU.
MOOSE NORTHERSOUL

MULLEN FRANKSIDEBOTTOM

Good of you to drop to the bench pal...
Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 20:35 #11

• Dancingbear
  • Playmaker
Do you think its wise to pick THESOUL without IBO?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mouldy

Landlord/pub advice needed 11 Jan 2017 22:38 #12

• mattcufc
  • Youth Team Player
bruntonpete wrote:
Cheers matt.
What it is, I'm hoping to try and organise an inter-pub walking football tournament across the city for the older regulars of each pub.
The idea being that it will be good fun, good competition and a good chance to enjoy a good social with old mates.
I would compile the fixtures once I know which venue were keen to put a team or teams in and send out the rules and timings etc.
At the end there could be a social somewhere and a bit of a presentation night if there is enough interest.
What do you think matt? Maybe a chance to do something to build links across the city through the pubs and I'm sure it would be a good laugh too.
Maybe cufc will help us stage the final games with the help of the football in the community. Just an idea but could be good fun. It is just getting the word about that might be hard.
Reminds me of that episode of Father Ted "Escape From Victory"
Seriously though in theory it sounds a good idea not sure how it would work in practice.
Firstly depending on the age you are aiming at most the old boys who frequent the pubs do so because that is their social life so unless you were looking at 8am kick offs you may struggle to get them on the pitch sober.
Secondly from experience with the pubwatch scheme it is hard to get contact/replies from a number of pubs.
Also if the customers are out playing football then they aren't in the pub spending money.

All that said I would certainly be willing to take it to the next meeting & it could be something the police would be keen on getting involved with.
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2017 22:40 by mattcufc.

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 09:15 #13

• chesterviabothel
  • Reserve Squad
mattcufc wrote:
bruntonpete wrote:
Cheers matt.
Reminds me of that episode of Father Ted "Escape From Victory"
Seriously though in theory it sounds a good idea not sure how it would work in practice.
Firstly depending on the age you are aiming at most the old boys who frequent the pubs do so because that is their social life so unless you were looking at 8am kick offs you may struggle to get them on the pitch sober.
Secondly from experience with the pubwatch scheme it is hard to get contact/replies from a number of pubs.
Also if the customers are out playing football then they aren't in the pub spending money.

All that said I would certainly be willing to take it to the next meeting & it could be something the police would be keen on getting involved with.

Doesn't sound like the kind of footy that would draw a crowd big enough to require a Police presence Matt... :whistle:

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 09:23 #14

• melbourneblues
  • Reserve Squad
It would do if the SOUL was playing cvb.
Super blues never lose.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 09:55 #15

• chesterviabothel
  • Reserve Squad
melbourneblues wrote:

True, very true.

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 10:49 #16

• moose
  • Ball Boy
melbourneblues wrote:

CCU.
MOOSE NORTHERSOUL

MULLEN FRANKSIDEBOTTOM

Its a six a side competition and we only have 5, and melbournblues still cant make the bench.

Looks like its a continuation of your earlier career now you are in your fifties mate ;)
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2017 10:49 by moose.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Mortonblue

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 16:06 #17

• mattcufc
  • Youth Team Player
melbourneblues wrote:
Exactly and I would expect there would be a handy mob to support him.

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 16:34 #18

• franksidebottom
  • Bench Warmer
melbourneblues wrote:

CCU.
MOOSE NORTHERSOUL

MULLEN FRANKSIDEBOTTOM

Don't like playing on the left :(

Landlord/pub advice needed 12 Jan 2017 20:26 #19

• moose
  • Ball Boy
I'd be more worried having Barry behind me :unsure:
The following user(s) Liked this post:: howoldboy
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
Go to top