TheCumbriansNet RT @james7phillips: ONLINE: @bbccumbriasport commentary on @LCFC v @officialcufc in the #FAYouthCup will be live here from 6:50pm, Wed: htt…
27mreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Decision looming on Derek Asamoah as veteran's Carlisle Utd deal expires: https://t.co/AbErVKdOiG #cufc https://t.co/gxZ3PMm
4hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle: Carlisle United will battle through first "sticky patch" of season: https://t.co/dHOgCl8JAI #cufc https://t.co/
4hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: A great night. And hopefully a good omen for Wednesday night at Leicester #cufc #FAYouthCup https://t.co/5RVBVlv74f
4hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 2008 | Carlisle United beat Manchester United 2-1 away in their FA Youth Cup Fourth Round tie https://t.c…
5hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: ICYMI: We also have the Go Pro footage for goal number 17 of the season from @Charliewyke1 - https://t.co/jZAV0ePgNj
16hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 2011 | Nahki Wells made his Football League debut as a sub for Carlisle United against Bristol Rovers htt…
16hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Five months after taking the role, Jim Mitchell's status as a Carlisle United director (CUOSC rep) has been filed with Compa…
18hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Highlights of the home game against @ShrimpsOfficial are now on our YouTube channel: https://t.co/JDAOs6gmpW
TheCumbriansNet RT @experimental361: Here's how the model sees League 2 now. Play-off race wide open and the bottom two are in increasingly deep trouble: h…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Keith Curle with his reaction to the Morecambe draw: https://t.co/DpJVt3ICgF https://t.co/GvsIRzNb6I
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Wyke remains on target to be Carlisle's first 20-goal-a-season man since Karl Hawley in 2005/6. He needed 40 games to reach…
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Charlie Wyke the fastest Carlisle player to 17 goals in a season since Ian Stevens in 1997/8. Both took 32 appearances #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @nickyadams10: Another point on the board. Looking forward to the run of games coming up. ⚽️🔵 #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @EFL: The updated @SkyBetLeagueTwo standings, after crucial wins for @drfc_official and @Only1Argyle. https://t.co/ged2hF4Cdd
TheCumbriansNet RT @SkyBetLeagueTwo: All the results from today’s @SkyBetLeagueTwo fixtures 👇 https://t.co/P3OJ3M97Lc
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Carlisle's record v Morecambe at Brunton Park: P5 W0 D4 L1 #cufc #stat
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 5,524 is today's attendance including 410 away fans - thank you all for your support #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 75' Adams free kick - Wyke headed home, 1-1 #cufc
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 22:19 #1

• Urban Designer
  • Reserve Squad
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 22:31 #2

• NORTHERNSOUL
  • First Team Player
Urban Designer wrote:
Well i could tell him how to put 3k on every gate at no cost whatsoever to the club.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 22:34 #3

• Dancingbear
  • Playmaker
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Urban Designer wrote:
Well i could tell him how to put 3k on every gate at no cost whatsoever to the club.

Go on then i dare you to.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: cufcdeano

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 22:36 #4

• Dancingbear
  • Playmaker
Urban Designer wrote:
Did you notice that was from 23rd december?. It is his job though.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 22:47 #5

• munchymagic
  • Reserve Squad
He could maybe help save the club a bit of coin by standing down?

After the club have already been pilloried by the public because of their stance to the carers situation, the food and drink situation, the fact that they make it hard to buy an OAP season ticket and ignore people who ring up to look at club sponsorship.

And when you tell them directly in the ground what you think of them you get manhandled out of the premises like MRF!

When you ignore the things that matter and give a fluffy story to the EN&S then maybe it is time to go.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: thesilentone

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 22:59 #6

• franksidebottom
  • Bench Warmer
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Urban Designer wrote:

Why don't you then? Instead of posting it on a messageboard

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 23:06 #7

• NORTHERNSOUL
  • First Team Player
Dancingbear wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Urban Designer wrote:

Go on then i dare you to.

Simple Jenkins announces hes writing off every penny hes owed and chucking in half a million for uncle Keith to spend to make up for the misery they.ve caused supporters over the last 8 years

Pattinson and Nixon will be stapped to the floor of the car park from 2.15 for 30 minutes at the next home match for fans to get their own back by pissing on them.and at 2,45pm there will be the ceremonial waving off of King and Clibbins as they depart and save the club 150 grand a year

Piece of piss 10k gate guaranteed and more to come as the caterers are sacked and the likes of Kidd and McKnight follow them along with the 3 quid charge confined to history
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Yorkie Blue, munchymagic

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 23:10 #8

• NORTHERNSOUL
  • First Team Player
franksidebottom wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Urban Designer wrote:

Why don't you then? Instead of posting it on a messageboard

Ive sent Clibbins no end of e.mails telling him what a useless Tw at he is and fu ck off back to Yorkshire but i think he has trouble understanding plain English as the Ar sehole hasnt answered and is still there.
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2017 23:12 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 23:12 #9

• franksidebottom
  • Bench Warmer
Time for bed Barry, you're making a fool of yourself...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: cufcdeano

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 23:13 #10

• NORTHERNSOUL
  • First Team Player
franksidebottom wrote:

Watch my Lips

FU.CK OFF FRANK
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2017 23:13 by NORTHERNSOUL.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 23:16 #11

• NORTHERNSOUL
  • First Team Player
Then just before the next game the trust announce theyre folding and handing over the shares to the real fans as theyre now redundant as theres no more arses to lick anymore
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Croydonblue

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 23:20 #12

• Dancingbear
  • Playmaker
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Then just before the next game the trust announce theyre folding and handing over the shares to the real fans as theyre now redundant as theres no more arses to lick anymore

Whos the real fans? Im very close to attending here but depends who gets the shares.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 23:35 #13

• NORTHERNSOUL
  • First Team Player
Dancingbear wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Whos the real fans? Im very close to attending here but depends who gets the shares.

Ones who understand the ethos of fan ownership and responsibility and who accept and embrace having an equal share with everyone else whos willing to contribute a small amount each month for the privilege of owning and having a say in the running of the football club they love.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Croydonblue

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 23:37 #14

• Dancingbear
  • Playmaker
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Dancingbear wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Ones who understand the ethos of fan ownership and responsibility and who accept and embrace having an equal share with everyone else whos willing to contribute a small amount each month for the privilege of owning and having a say in the running of the football club they love.

Who are they then? do they exist and what are they doing now?

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 08 Jan 2017 23:47 #15

• chesterviabothel
  • Reserve Squad
Dancingbear wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

They come in different levels, depending on how much you agree to pay per month into the club, and how many friends you get to sign up for £10 per week direct debits to the club. I think.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 00:13 #16

• NORTHERNSOUL
  • First Team Player
chesterviabothel wrote:
Dancingbear wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

They come in different levels, depending on how much you agree to pay per month into the club, and how many friends you get to sign up for £10 per week direct debits to the club. I think.

No different levels everyone is equal one level one vote one price its called democracy and a lot nearer a fiver than the tenner opens the door to the best part of 1 million pounds going into the club each and every year
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2017 00:15 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 07:06 #17

• Ibogaine
  • Youth Team Player
Imagine if he'd told the N&S that the club wasn't open to any new ideas. You'd [censored] kick off then an'all you bunch of Mavis Wiltons
Messageboarder of the Year 2016
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bejustandfearprokas, seesaw50

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 07:43 #18

• BlueAl
  • Ball Boy
Seems to me we're way over the top with highly paid people in charge at Carlisle. Not sure what they bring to the table for all the money they cost the club, bearing in mind we are Carlisle in the second division. So much is wrong at Carlisle.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 08:12 #19

• CarlisleWhite
  • Youth Team Player
He proves in the article he should stand down, but without having the intelligence to realise it.
If he is putting on "events" such as this which are losing money "With something like that, there is a cost involved" then he is not a commercial manager. If he is not there to bring extra revenue into the club to justify (and more) his ridiculous salary, then what is he there for.
Apparently a nice guy, but clearly shit at his job, which seems par for the course with the bliues but with a big salary lobbed in this time as well.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 08:21 #20

• Laffy
  • Reserve Squad
You forgot the ducking stool!

To be fair,Phil is a decent guy and is making some progress against the uncertain backdrop of billionairegate.No point in sponsoring the club if Foxys is going to be covered in gold leaf in the near term

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 08:23 #21

• loser
  • Reserve Squad
CarlisleWhite wrote:
He proves in the article he should stand down, but without having the intelligence to realise it.
If he is putting on "events" such as this which are losing money "With something like that, there is a cost involved" then he is not a commercial manager. If he is not there to bring extra revenue into the club to justify (and more) his ridiculous salary, then what is he there for.
Apparently a nice guy, but clearly shit at his job, which seems par for the course with the bliues but with a big salary lobbed in this time as well.
He did a good job at Sunderland didn't he? Bit unfair to say he's sh*t at his job. Probably more fair to say he's on a hiding to nothing thanks to Andrew Jenkins, John Nixon and Steven Pattison systematically ripping the soul out of the club for the last nine years, leaving it in a position where people either don't care about it or those that do are resigned to total apathy. It'll be impossible for him to generate much additional revenue when people are so de-motivated and disengaged.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 08:30 #22

• Laffy
  • Reserve Squad
I interviewed him to ultimately take over from Dick.He is a bright and decent guy so give him a chance.As a lot say,the backdrop isn't great for him but Rome not built in a day

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 08:44 #23

• Dancingbear
  • Playmaker
The big thing for me will be next years season ticket pricing policy. Whats the odds itll be exactly the same as it always has been with very little to entice new customers.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 08:54 #24

• Laffy
  • Reserve Squad
I think the pricing is ok myself eg U7s free but it's a bit complicated with too many variables.I object to paying an internet booking fee or premium on the day however-little things like that irritate and for the amount involved?

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 09:07 #25

• Dancingbear
  • Playmaker
Laffy wrote:
I think the pricing is ok myself eg U7s free but it's a bit complicated with too many variables.I object to paying an internet booking fee or premium on the day however-little things like that irritate and for the amount involved?

Do you not think more should be done to encourage new buyers Laffy? It's all well and good having a rebuy period for current holders but that isn't gonna increase the fan base. Your right about the booking fee as well by the way. As a example I booked a couple of print at home tickets for a Man City game as Christmas present and the total price was the cost of the tickets. No booking fee no print at home fee or anything.

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 09:17 #26

• Laffy
  • Reserve Squad
Well I thought the point of the internet was in part to cut cost-not increase it!

I personally don't think messing around with the general pricing of tickets is the issue.We did a lot of work on this at Motherwell and made no real impact-if anything we alienated season ticket holders by changing pricing at certain times of the year.

Have a listen to what Paul Casson said on R5 on Saturday about the community of a club.Made total sense to me.

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 09:27 #27

• Dancingbear
  • Playmaker
Laffy wrote:
Well I thought the point of the internet was in part to cut cost-not increase it!

I personally don't think messing around with the general pricing of tickets is the issue.We did a lot of work on this at Motherwell and made no real impact-if anything we alienated season ticket holders by changing pricing at certain times of the year.

Have a listen to what Paul Casson said on R5 on Saturday about the community of a club.Made total sense to me.

Yeah you dont want t piss existing holders off but something simple like making the rebuy discount available to existing and new customers shouldnt upset them and may also get some new buyers. I cant see how that would be a bad thing.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: SeepBladder

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 09:39 #28

• Laffy
  • Reserve Squad
I used to try and think a bit more radical but it's a well trodden path.Its engagement and charisma that sells tickets in my view-and success on the pitch.

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 09:47 #29

• newcarlislefan
  • Ball Boy
I’m a football fan. I’m 46 and have been a Man Utd fan since the mid 70s but have lost all connection to the “football club”. My little girl is 8 and I have thought long and hard about where to take her for her first match and the team she’ll follow and provide a lifetime of joy and heartache. I want her to become part of a local club, a community rather than huge international corporation sitting amongst thousands of spectators not fans.
So bit the bullet and took her to her first 2 ever football matches in the past few weeks at Brunton Park – Yeovil and Grimsby. She loves it and has just become a Junior Blue. Got tickets for matches against Barnet, Blackpool and Donny. Have loved coming to Brunton Park and am much happier paying to watch Carlisle and supporting a community club.
My own knowledge of the club doesn’t go much beyond the great mid 70s kit, Ivor Broadis, Ray Train, Jimmy Glass, Michael Knighton etc
I have to say coming to Brunton Park has reinvigorated my love for a club and the club has been great with my daughter. I never, ever imagined I could follow another club but there I was on Saturday afternoon listening to the Colchester game on my laptop. It costs us £29.00 for our tickets plus Bovril, hot dogs, programme etc and I’m pleased my money is going into Carlisle.
As such I’d be interested in what you lifelong fans think about our story and also about the link below. I have read much negativity about the owners but this piece in the Indy paints a different picture.
www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/new...nighton-8191435.html
I’ve enjoyed the forum enormously and it’s been a great way for a new person to the club to get to know a little about it.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Profpieman, bruntonpete, bejustandfearprokas, howoldboy and this user have 2 others thankyou

Re:Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 10:08 #30

• markredfox73
  • First Team Player
Article is 5 years old plus jenkins is a 2 faced old man..... think you need to realise what a state this club is in with jenkins at the helm...reality is the fans spoil the day...for him and his cronies .Good you are encouraging yr larl un to go..that is great.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 10:15 #31

• thesilentone
  • Reserve Squad
  • my account was hacked
Our strength is also our weakness, as a small club, everyone knows everyone directly or indirectly (or think they do), so we are all judging all the time.
Of late (in the last decade) their has definitely been a negative vibe at Carlisle United, this I lay firmly at the door of the Trust, however other events (like our performance on the pitch) has contributed to the Vibe.
There is no doubt, of our BOD there is only one who really has the credentials to be there and one who would not be fit to run a hot-dog van, we do not need to name names !
But we are still here, still in business, still competing, but as paying customers we want and expect more because times have changed. I think our BOD also want change, however I think (one in particular) has great difficulty letting go of the reins...........the others are here for the ride.
So, newcastlecarlislefan, it's great to read your contribution, and great you are enjoying the experience. Don't take to much notice of some of the ' crack ' on here, but I think you know that.

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 10:20 #32

• Mikercufc
  • Ball Boy
Dancingbear wrote:
Laffy wrote:

Do you not think more should be done to encourage new buyers Laffy? It's all well and good having a rebuy period for current holders but that isn't gonna increase the fan base. Your right about the booking fee as well by the way. As a example I booked a couple of print at home tickets for a Man City game as Christmas present and the total price was the cost of the tickets. No booking fee no print at home fee or anything.

Idea that could help increase season tickets could be a bring a mate campaign. Open to all current season ticket holders would be to knock £50 quid off a season ticket to a referral. Hope is season ticket holders can persuade their mates to come in on a season ticket at a cheaper rate if they sign up when their mate renews. I also think they don't advertise the monthly option too well either. A lot of people pay 40 quid a month for the gym.....lets advertise a season ticket at £28 a month. Leading on from that wonder if they could get in with the council? Used to do them leisure cards, not sure what they do now, sands gym and a season ticket for £49 a month?

Think that looks like an easier sell than stating the 1st full year price.

I work in marketing, but I have no idea what the clubs marketing strategy and plan is, so I am just plucking stuff at random.

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 10:57 #33

• thesilentone
  • Reserve Squad
  • my account was hacked
Good idea, referral of any kind works.

Marketing is about setting up a clear objective first, then making a campaign to ensure the objective is achieved.

I feel Phil King's comments make it look like we are shooting from the hip..................
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2017 12:04 by thesilentone.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 11:49 #34

• CCU
You'd think CUSG would be just the sort of thing where this would be discussed?!

Or are they too busy making sure there's enough chairs in the room for the needless number who attend?
Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 13:34 #35

• franksidebottom
  • Bench Warmer
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
franksidebottom wrote:

Watch my Lips

FU.CK OFF FRANK

"Watch my lips" - you're typing on the Internet ya clown :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 13:48 #36

• CarlisleWhite
  • Youth Team Player
Really hope King proves his worth. As has been said, he seems well thought of and a nice guy, but Jeesus, which Commercial Manager puts something on that he knows will lose money.
That is anathema to what he is there for.
John, I want to put an event on at the games.
That's great Phil, how much will it make us?
Well nowt, it will lose money.
Okay, is there a hidden benefit, is it a loss leader, will it make money in the future.
Well, no. John, John. John.....

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 13:57 #37

• NORTHERNSOUL
  • First Team Player
CarlisleWhite wrote:
Really hope King proves his worth. As has been said, he seems well thought of and a nice guy, but Jeesus, which Commercial Manager puts something on that he knows will lose money.
Okay, is there a hidden benefit, is it a loss leader, will it make money in the future.

Should of employed someone older on his way down the ladder maybe put out to pasture from the PL that way he would of had a book full of contacts from companies who could pay what wed be looking for from the petty cash.

Anybody who knows anything about it could of told him the tent for the Yeovil match would of been a flop and that if they had 1600 pints of beer to give away they could of done better things with it than give it to the wingeing season ticket holders

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 14:02 #38

• franksidebottom
  • Bench Warmer
CarlisleWhite wrote:

Reading the article again I think he's referring to the fact there was a cost involved in giving every season ticket holder a free pint, not the event itself.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 14:59 #39

• CarlisleWhite
  • Youth Team Player
Frank - you could be right, but I am distinctly underwhelmed by his performance for the reported salary.
Why does it take volunteers to suggest ideas to him. Has he not got any of his own?
That said, it could be he has his hands tied behind his back, and is just another shield for the 3 amigos.
Either way, not good when we are having to ship out players to get someone in as the outgoings are too high.

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 15:09 #40

• walwynlegend
  • Ball Boy
newcarlislefan wrote:
I’m a football fan. I’m 46 and have been a Man Utd fan since the mid 70s but have lost all connection to the “football club”. My little girl is 8 and I have thought long and hard about where to take her for her first match and the team she’ll follow and provide a lifetime of joy and heartache. I want her to become part of a local club, a community rather than huge international corporation sitting amongst thousands of spectators not fans.
So bit the bullet and took her to her first 2 ever football matches in the past few weeks at Brunton Park – Yeovil and Grimsby. She loves it and has just become a Junior Blue. Got tickets for matches against Barnet, Blackpool and Donny. Have loved coming to Brunton Park and am much happier paying to watch Carlisle and supporting a community club.
My own knowledge of the club doesn’t go much beyond the great mid 70s kit, Ivor Broadis, Ray Train, Jimmy Glass, Michael Knighton etc
I have to say coming to Brunton Park has reinvigorated my love for a club and the club has been great with my daughter. I never, ever imagined I could follow another club but there I was on Saturday afternoon listening to the Colchester game on my laptop. It costs us £29.00 for our tickets plus Bovril, hot dogs, programme etc and I’m pleased my money is going into Carlisle.
As such I’d be interested in what you lifelong fans think about our story and also about the link below. I have read much negativity about the owners but this piece in the Indy paints a different picture.
www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/new...nighton-8191435.html
I’ve enjoyed the forum enormously and it’s been a great way for a new person to the club to get to know a little about it.

Where did you get the tickets for Barnet, Blackpool and Donny?

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 15:22 #41

• thesilentone
  • Reserve Squad
  • my account was hacked
Think you'll find the need to ship out is more to do with the salary cap.

To be fair to him, there are events coming that he has put together......Red, Red wine, go's to my heed !

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 16:04 #42

• newcarlislefan
  • Ball Boy
Sorry, what I meant to say is that I have persuaded the missus to let me and daughter go to 3 home games in a row and will be getting tickets!

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 16:16 #43

• NORTHERNSOUL
  • First Team Player
thesilentone wrote:
Think you'll find the need to ship out is more to do with the salary cap.

To be fair to him, there are events coming that he has put together......Red, Red wine, go's to my heed !

Well if he thinks a couple of concerts a year with an ever decreasing standard of Act is the Answer he needs to think again

Blackpool were offered way bigger acts than UB40 with a much better chance of selling the tickets and turned them down because the last 3 concerts theyve done havnt achieved the returns they were expecting.

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 16:20 #44

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
thesilentone wrote:
Our strength is also our weakness, as a small club, everyone knows everyone directly or indirectly (or think they do), so we are all judging all the time.
Of late (in the last decade) their has definitely been a negative vibe at Carlisle United, this I lay firmly at the door of the Trust, however other events (like our performance on the pitch) has contributed to the Vibe.
There is no doubt, of our BOD there is only one who really has the credentials to be there and one who would not be fit to run a hot-dog van, we do not need to name names !
But we are still here, still in business, still competing, but as paying customers we want and expect more because times have changed. I think our BOD also want change, however I think (one in particular) has great difficulty letting go of the reins...........the others are here for the ride.
So, newcastlecarlislefan, it's great to read your contribution, and great you are enjoying the experience. Don't take to much notice of some of the ' crack ' on here, but I think you know that.

Think you'll find his board name is newcarlislefan.....hense his post...nowt to do with the barcodes as far I read!! :S

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 17:13 #45

• CarlisleWhite
  • Youth Team Player
Silentone - Fairly sure it all wages, not just player wages.
I know Leeds do it that way, as it is where the likes of Bates used to hide his rip off monies.
The Rod Stewart concert can't have made that much money if that is anything to go by.

Re:RE: Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 17:15 #46

• Dancingbear
  • Playmaker
seesaw50 wrote:
thesilentone wrote:

Think you'll find his board name is newcarlislefan.....hense his post...nowt to do with the barcodes as far I read!! :S

He should have cut and pasted it like he usually does.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 09 Jan 2017 18:22 #47

• chesterviabothel
  • Reserve Squad
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
chesterviabothel wrote:
Dancingbear wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

No different levels everyone is equal one level one vote one price its called democracy and a lot nearer a fiver than the tenner opens the door to the best part of 1 million pounds going into the club each and every year

Whoosh...

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 10 Jan 2017 19:02 #48

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
CarlisleWhite wrote:

Just been thinking about the marquee and the free pint for ST holders "event" .....obviously it was expected that non ST holders would also partake AND said ST holders would also buy another pint or more before the game. A band was also promised in the marquee...this did not happen so my guess is STs collected their freebie then drifted into their "spot" as there was nowt to keep them in the tent!!
Also non STs would probably have done their pre match slurping where they usually do it ..Beehive and E.and W Stand bars.
So all in all any loss was down to the fact that standing in a marquee didn't float too many folks boat once the free drink had been drunk.
So all in all ...not a great idea apart from giving ST holders a wee perk !
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CarlisleWhite

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 10 Jan 2017 19:06 #49

• franksidebottom
  • Bench Warmer
Was the free drink offer not before 1pm only? Can't imagine many folk would have their free pint then got in the ground at 1.15pm. Advertising a live band and not having one is very poor though.

Carlisle Utd director Phil King says the club is open to more matchday ideas at Brunton Park 10 Jan 2017 19:07 #50

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
My other thought is ...winter up here doesn't exactly lend itself to jolly events as the wather can put a downer on any outdoor activity ...best save any fans days for the beginning and end of the season :)
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds
Go to top