TheCumbriansNet RT @james7phillips: ONLINE: @bbccumbriasport commentary on @LCFC v @officialcufc in the #FAYouthCup will be live here from 6:50pm, Wed: htt…
28mreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Decision looming on Derek Asamoah as veteran's Carlisle Utd deal expires: https://t.co/AbErVKdOiG #cufc https://t.co/gxZ3PMm
4hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Keith Curle: Carlisle United will battle through first "sticky patch" of season: https://t.co/dHOgCl8JAI #cufc https://t.co/
4hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: A great night. And hopefully a good omen for Wednesday night at Leicester #cufc #FAYouthCup https://t.co/5RVBVlv74f
4hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 2008 | Carlisle United beat Manchester United 2-1 away in their FA Youth Cup Fourth Round tie https://t.c…
5hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: ICYMI: We also have the Go Pro footage for goal number 17 of the season from @Charliewyke1 - https://t.co/jZAV0ePgNj
16hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 2011 | Nahki Wells made his Football League debut as a sub for Carlisle United against Bristol Rovers htt…
16hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Five months after taking the role, Jim Mitchell's status as a Carlisle United director (CUOSC rep) has been filed with Compa…
18hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Highlights of the home game against @ShrimpsOfficial are now on our YouTube channel: https://t.co/JDAOs6gmpW
TheCumbriansNet RT @experimental361: Here's how the model sees League 2 now. Play-off race wide open and the bottom two are in increasingly deep trouble: h…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Keith Curle with his reaction to the Morecambe draw: https://t.co/DpJVt3ICgF https://t.co/GvsIRzNb6I
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Wyke remains on target to be Carlisle's first 20-goal-a-season man since Karl Hawley in 2005/6. He needed 40 games to reach…
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Charlie Wyke the fastest Carlisle player to 17 goals in a season since Ian Stevens in 1997/8. Both took 32 appearances #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @nickyadams10: Another point on the board. Looking forward to the run of games coming up. ⚽️🔵 #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @EFL: The updated @SkyBetLeagueTwo standings, after crucial wins for @drfc_official and @Only1Argyle. https://t.co/ged2hF4Cdd
TheCumbriansNet RT @SkyBetLeagueTwo: All the results from today’s @SkyBetLeagueTwo fixtures 👇 https://t.co/P3OJ3M97Lc
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Carlisle's record v Morecambe at Brunton Park: P5 W0 D4 L1 #cufc #stat
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 5,524 is today's attendance including 410 away fans - thank you all for your support #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 75' Adams free kick - Wyke headed home, 1-1 #cufc
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Match Highlights on OS

Match Highlights on OS 08 Jan 2017 17:46 #1

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
Could seriously damage your health!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Match Highlights on OS 08 Jan 2017 20:25 #2

• spanblue
  • Ball Boy
We had plenty of chances but the finishing was shocking as was the defending. Some of our defence players should not be playing in the first 11 at the weekend. I was not sure that Kennedy's offside goal was in fact offside. Looked about level from the camera angle on United Player highlights.
Unless the defence is sorted, then I fear even the play offs may be beyond our reach and I am not being negative, just concerned at the number of goals conceded recently which is alarming to say the least.

Match Highlights on OS 08 Jan 2017 20:42 #3

• Urban Designer
  • Reserve Squad
Defence & GK were shocking - I think Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth will go up and dont even think we will get to the playoffs. If Adams or Wyke leave we will be getting beat most weeks. I can remember missing out on the playoffs on gd in about 1990. They were saying that season - you dont turn into a bad team overnight. They did and missed out.

Match Highlights on OS 08 Jan 2017 20:43 #4

• TheLazyLewisGuy
  • Playmaker
Urban Designer wrote:
Defence & GK were shocking - I think Plymouth, Doncaster and Portsmouth will go up and dont even think we will get to the playoffs. If Adams or Wyke leave we will be getting beat most weeks. I can remember missing out on the playoffs on gd in about 1990. They were saying that season - you dont turn into a bad team overnight. They did and missed out.

Why Portsmouth?

Match Highlights on OS 08 Jan 2017 20:55 #5

• shaldon1
  • Ball Boy
I think unfortunately we will not be promoted. I also think it is in the best interests of the club. I do not think we have the structure within the club at the moment to make promotion worthwhile this year.Also I do not think we have enough players of the quality required for league 1.Until the Billionaire arrives we must be satisfied with a high position in the table.
By the way is Jabo still playing?

Match Highlights on OS 08 Jan 2017 21:03 #6

• Urban Designer
  • Reserve Squad
TheLazyLewisGuy wrote:
Urban Designer wrote:

Why Portsmouth?

They are only 4 points behind us and will no doubt invest in January.

Match Highlights on OS 08 Jan 2017 21:40 #7

• 182blue
  • Reserve Squad
I don't think that you would have to be Nostradamus to predict Doncaster, Plymouth and Portsmouth being in the top three but we are in with a shout.
Grimsby game wasn't a performance that made me think that we have turned shit. I didn't think we were terrible in that game.
I am still confident we can win the bulk of our home games.
When we played the likes of Colchester and Wycombe at home they looked decidedly mediocre yet they are in the play-off places.
Portsmouth are enigmatic and don't seem to manage to string a few wins together (yet!).
Plymouth have had their ups and downs and lost their last game.

We obviously splashed out on a few summer signings and though some of them have been excellent, a couple have not.

Whatever the reasons for it are, we are not getting great crowds that makes us think we should be expecting to have more resources than other teams in the top half of the table.

Looks like we are getting a couple in to hopefully plug the obvious weak spots in the team.

Match Highlights on OS 08 Jan 2017 21:41 #8

• TheLazyLewisGuy
  • Playmaker
"i said in january we wouldn't go up" - predicting posts for may.

Match Highlights on OS 08 Jan 2017 23:11 #9

• MerseysideBlue
Urban Designer wrote:
TheLazyLewisGuy wrote:
Urban Designer wrote:

Why Portsmouth?

They are only 4 points behind us and will no doubt invest in January.

Because investing heavily in the summer did them a lot of good, didn't it?

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 09:29 #10

• sirjimmyglass
  • Reserve Squad
We really are all over the place defensively. You might expect it at 3-1 down when we're chasing the game but every single one of the back 5 made glaring mistakes there.

This has happened for so long and with so many different combinations that it simply cannot be the players who need to change. We're a very good team going forward, we have some excellent players at this level but we really need to concentrate on keeping clean sheets.
Arise, Sir Jimmy

Re:Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 09:34 #11

• markredfox73
  • First Team Player
Shaldon please shut the [censored] up with that drivel you spout on here..after reading your post
You are the sort of person i could just give you a shake and slap and tell you to get a [censored] grip.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 10:12 #12

• heilkmoon
  • Youth Team Player
shaldon1 wrote:
I think unfortunately we will not be promoted. I also think it is in the best interests of the club. I do not think we have the structure within the club at the moment to make promotion worthwhile this year.Also I do not think we have enough players of the quality required for league 1.Until the Billionaire arrives we must be satisfied with a high position in the table.

Trolling game over. Come back in a couple of weeks with another new identity.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 11:17 #13

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
sirjimmyglass wrote:
We really are all over the place defensively. You might expect it at 3-1 down when we're chasing the game but every single one of the back 5 made glaring mistakes there.

This has happened for so long and with so many different combinations that it simply cannot be the players who need to change. We're a very good team going forward, we have some excellent players at this level but we really need to concentrate on keeping clean sheets.

Disagree there sir Jim ..the back line has been stable until Grainger's injury but the biggest factor is the loss of Mike Jones who with Joyce,broke up attacks before the defense was called into action ...they have now been found out . Kennedy isn't as tenacious and Joyce is single handedly trying to do the job of two.....we need a hard tackling , speedy midfielder first and foremost imo

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 11:56 #14

• cousinscotty
  • Youth Team Player
[sigh] Yet another thread disparaging our defence yet without any mention of the goalkeeper!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 12:10 #15

• nobbyblue
  • Bench Warmer
Gillespie's been questionable on one or two goals lately but he didn't have much chance with the first three and his defence didn't help him on the fourth but he still nearly kept it out.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 13:04 #16

• pie
  • Ball Boy
cousinscotty wrote:
[sigh] Yet another thread disparaging our defence yet without any mention of the goalkeeper!

SirJimmyglass mentioned him...

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 13:32 #17

• chave
  • Ball Boy
Pompey fan here. A lot for us depends on what happens in the transfer window. If we sign a good striker we'll go up. If not, we won't. I think it's pretty much as simple as that.

From what I've seen this season, which is pretty in line with the league, Doncaster will definitely go up as they have the strongest combination of backbone and skill. There's then a chasing pack of four, with us, you, Plymouth and Luton. Those four teams, are all great footballing teams and, on their day, can destroy anyone. However, they also have defensive weaknesses and can lose simple games. I honestly can't choose between those four teams, fans of all four are saying the same things about their teams needing to be better. It's likely to be luck as much as anything that gets those teams up. We'll all know a lot more after the transfer window has shut.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 13:37 #18

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
Good post chave....tough at the top eh!! ;)

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 13:59 #19

• chesterviabothel
  • Reserve Squad
chave wrote:
Pompey fan here. A lot for us depends on what happens in the transfer window. If we sign a good striker we'll go up. If not, we won't. I think it's pretty much as simple as that.

From what I've seen this season, which is pretty in line with the league, Doncaster will definitely go up as they have the strongest combination of backbone and skill. There's then a chasing pack of four, with us, you, Plymouth and Luton. Those four teams, are all great footballing teams and, on their day, can destroy anyone. However, they also have defensive weaknesses and can lose simple games. I honestly can't choose between those four teams, fans of all four are saying the same things about their teams needing to be better. It's likely to be luck as much as anything that gets those teams up. We'll all know a lot more after the transfer window has shut.

What about Colchester, Wycombe and Cambridge? The three form teams over the last 8 games? Three of the top four teams over the last 10 games, with Doncaster.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 14:11 #20

• franksidebottom
  • Bench Warmer
nobbyblue wrote:
Gillespie's been questionable on one or two goals lately but he didn't have much chance with the first three and his defence didn't help him on the fourth but he still nearly kept it out.

One or two? :blink:

Ever thought the defence could be shaky because they have little confidence in the man behind them?

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 14:17 #21

• chesterviabothel
  • Reserve Squad
franksidebottom wrote:
nobbyblue wrote:

One or two? :blink:

Ever thought the defence could be shaky because they have little confidence in the man behind them?

Or vice versa? Having played in goals and defence both could be true. Nothing worse as a keeper to be exposed time and time again.
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2017 14:17 by chesterviabothel.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 14:24 #22

• franksidebottom
  • Bench Warmer
Being exposed by a poor defence isn't what we're talking about here though, no keeper has ever been blamed for being exposed. I'm talking about not coming for crosses, not coming for corners, mis-reading and mis-judging high balls into the box, being slow off his line at other times, poor decision making, poor distribution, poor communication. None of these concern being exposed.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh as he makes some cracking saves and is a decent enough fourth division keeper. But that's all he is.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 14:42 #23

• chave
  • Ball Boy
chesterviabothel wrote:
chave wrote:

What about Colchester, Wycombe and Cambridge? The three form teams over the last 8 games? Three of the top four teams over the last 10 games, with Doncaster.

They seem like the team's most likely to be battling out for the play-offs, along with Barnet who could have a late surge. Honestly, I can't see any of them overtaking three of the five teams I mentioned before, purely based on what I've seen earlier in the season. They're all on good runs, but I'm not sure they have the same quality to break teams down.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 20:04 #24

• CCU
franksidebottom wrote:
Being exposed by a poor defence isn't what we're talking about here though, no keeper has ever been blamed for being exposed. I'm talking about not coming for crosses, not coming for corners, mis-reading and mis-judging high balls into the box, being slow off his line at other times, poor decision making, poor distribution, poor communication. None of these concern being exposed.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh as he makes some cracking saves and is a decent enough fourth division keeper. But that's all he is.

Frank in anti-Gillespie rant shock! :silly:
Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 20:35 #25

• Kangshung
  • Youth Team Player
shaldon1 wrote:

This bullshit has gone on too [censored] long.

Can the mods not ban this boring [censored] for his continual trolling? Total non-contributer and an utter [censored] on top of that.

W@nker.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 20:53 #26

• MerseysideBlue
Kangshung wrote:
shaldon1 wrote:

Can the mods not ban this boring [censored] for his continual trolling? Total non-contributer and an utter [censored] on top of that.

W@nker.

We've said it before but I'll say it again, shaldon doesn't appear to be a WUM/troll - certainly nothing suggests he's one of the board or even a relative/friend. Just had a very (wildly) different view to a lot of the posters on this board - nothing wrong with that.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 21:03 #27

• Kangshung
  • Youth Team Player
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Kangshung wrote:
shaldon1 wrote:

W@nker.

We've said it before but I'll say it again, shaldon doesn't appear to be a WUM/troll - certainly nothing suggests he's one of the board or even a relative/friend. Just had a very (wildly) different view to a lot of the posters on this board - nothing wrong with that.

Aye, and Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't a communist - just a Marxist Leninist...

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 21:07 #28

• MerseysideBlue
Kangshung wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Kangshung wrote:
shaldon1 wrote:

W@nker.

Ha. Seriously though, all the mods are fairly certain on this!

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 21:11 #29

• Kangshung
  • Youth Team Player
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Kangshung wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Kangshung wrote:
shaldon1 wrote:

W@nker.

Ha. Seriously though, all the mods are fairly certain on this!

I can't believe that there is an individual out there who could possibly believe the nonsense Shaldon spouts.

Then again, Donald Trump will soon be inaugurated as POTUS.

What a world...

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 21:53 #30

• deeksme
  • Reserve Squad
CCU wrote:
franksidebottom wrote:

Frank in anti-Gillespie rant shock! :silly:

Rant?
I suppose one man's rant is another man's stating the bleeding obvious.

Match Highlights on OS 09 Jan 2017 22:34 #31

• seesaw50
  • Playmaker
Wonder how many times the Mysterious one made them watch that horror show :whistle:
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds
Go to top